OtakuBoards

Lucky Star

Dagger

[quote name='BKstyles;780283][FONT=Tahoma]My god...help me. I can't stop watching the damn opening to this show. I havn't even seen a single episode yet ([B]nor will I probably start watching it[/B]) but I stumbled upon this on youtube yesterday and it's trying to attack my brain with cuteness overload. Though now I finally know what the hell is in Desbreko's sig.[/FONT][/QUOTE][quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]Actually, that's exactly how I described the entire experience. Each episode has a moment that finds me with my head bashed up against the desk half the time. Yet there's some kind of cuteness factor that keeps me sucked in,[B] I've been trying to fight it but i've already gotten to episode 10 [/B']:animestun[/FONT][/quote]I just find the irony in those posts too funny. Since it seemed to have sucked you in pretty quick in spite of your intent to not watch it. lol

However, after getting curious I finally checked out the first episode and now here I am, done with the second and planning on watching the third. This is one of the wackiest shows I've seen in quite a while. With all the serious chat about how to eat and grill, to Kotana [spoiler]not being interested in clubs since it would interfere with watching anime[/spoiler] It's hilarious.

And that Lucky Channel at the end? Where in the first episode little miss show host suddenly [spoiler]reaches into her shirt and scratches herself[/spoiler] before going off on a rant. Good lord! I just laughed and laughed at that.

The second episode was equally as fun. With the May laziness and the I'll just cram bit. lol Now I'm gonna have to keep watching this show. lol

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']However, after getting curious I finally checked out the first episode and now here I am, done with the second and planning on watching the third. This is one of the wackiest shows I've seen in quite a while. With all the serious chat about how to eat and grill, to Kotana [spoiler]not being interested in clubs since it would interfere with watching anime[/spoiler] It's hilarious. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Wait till [spoiler]Konata's being a lesbian in a public bath[/spoiler] and you realize you're actually a pedophile. That's when the series really picks up.

*is behind*[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']And that Lucky Channel at the end? Where in the first episode little miss show host suddenly [spoiler]reaches into her shirt and scratches herself[/spoiler] before going off on a rant. Good lord! I just laughed and laughed at that.[/QUOTE]Hehe! Oh that was just priceless! And now that I've found a place for watching this I'm completely addicted! :catgirl: And by far my favorite character is Kotana. Good lord! I just have to say it, but she's exactly how I imagine Des would be if I were to meet him in person. Except for being female that is. I love how she's so matter of fact and just calmly pwns the others at different stuff as if it's no big deal. lol

I just finished the third episode and I have to say, now that i've seen the opening with a translation for it I like it better. Hehe. Also... Squeeeeee! I just loved the Wedding Peach and Detective Conan reference in the third episode! And those ending conversations as well as the Lucky Channel? Akira is too funny how she always ends up on some sort of little rant. lol[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]New character introduction in episode 14! Yutaka Kobayakawa, Yui's little sister, moves in with Konata and Soujirou (Konata's father) to attend the same high school. (I think this was mentioned in an earlier episode, too. She's the little pink-haired girl from the opening cheerleading scene.) Lots of funny as she gets acquainted with them, Tsukasa, and Kagami. And, like Konata, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when she and Miyuki get together. :p

They've really been on a roll lately. The last few episodes have all been awesome. Enough so that I've been eagerly and impatiently awaiting each one, heh. I can't wait to see more of the characters from the opening and how they fit into the main four's little world.

The ED song, by the way. . . . [spoiler]Hare Hare Yukai from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya being sung by Minoru in front of the ocean at sunset while he mimics fighting game moves and bits of the dance. Live action like episode 13's ED.[/spoiler] Yeah. It's going to be hard to forget that.[/color]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]I've recently become addicted to this show. With its cute and ditzy opening sequence to Konata and all her funny ways of playing video games instead of doing homework. I finish one episode and just can't help but start the next. Especially after watching number six. Oh that was just too funny with the Inital D reference and Kotana setting it up for the other girl to [spoiler]slip on the soap in the bath while teasing the other one since they didn't get hit on by guys while they were at the beach.[/spoiler]

The whole series just cracks me up. Even the ever so serious conversations about how to eat and cook certain foods. lol And one other thing... It's one hundred percent BKstyles fault for introducing me to this show. I just can't get enough of it.:catgirl:[/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"]I've recently become addicted to this show. With its cute and ditzy opening sequence to Konata and all her funny ways of playing video games instead of doing homework. I finish one episode and just can't help but start the next. Especially after watching number six. Oh that was just too funny with the Inital D reference and Kotana setting it up for the other girl to [spoiler]slip on the soap in the bath while teasing the other one since they didn't get hit on by guys while they were at the beach.[/spoiler]

The whole series just cracks me up. Even the ever so serious conversations about how to eat and cook certain foods. lol And one other thing... It's one hundred percent BKstyles fault for introducing me to this show. I just can't get enough of it.:catgirl:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Lies! If i recall I was the one warning you about going on passed episode 1 :p. Anyway, another reason why Konata rules: She plays a tank in her MMO :). Dunno, I was going over a mental list of why she rules a couple of days ago...damn this show has really gotten to me hasnt it... [/FONT]

[quote name='Konata']It's totally not obvious that I like this show. >_>[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Nope, not at all. :p And welcome to OB, I notice you're new here.

Speaking of ED songs, the ED collection album with all the karaoke songs was released recently. (I'm listening to it right now. ^_^) It not only has the tracks from the endings, with all the dialogue, but also the full versions of each song, which is awesome. Cha-La Head Cha-La sung by Konata is hilarious.[/color]

Oh wow. How many Lucky Star albums were released so far? I only have the Motteke! single.

I want to get the karaoke soundtrack you mentioned though. I think I listened to the Cha-La! Head Cha-La! Konata version song. In any case, I would love to listen to that all day. Who wouldn't appreciate Konata screaming "CHA-LA!", "SHALALALALA", "L-O-V-E", etc?

Also, thanks for welcoming me.

[color=#4B0082]There have been three released so far, at least that I know of. There's the Motteke! Sailor Fuku single, BGM & Radio Bangumi Lucky Channel CD, and Ending Theme Collection.

The BGM & Lucky Channel disc has a few of the background music tracks from the series but most of it is just dialogue tracks between Akira and Minoru.[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Well, I was responding to both your and Aaryanna's posts. If the tone of the singing grates on your nerves I can understand not liking it. But lowering your IQ as you watch it? I watch it every time and you don't see me getting any dumber, do you?

Wait, don't answer that. :animeswea[/color][/QUOTE]Heh, well putting the tone of the singing aside, it is cute and I've become completely addicted to watching this show. By far my favorite characters are Konata and Akira. I may not catch all the references but their conversations crack me up to no end. And episode six was completely and totally funny. Konata's behavior in the bath was just too hilarious. Especially when she was all bummed out that she missed making [spoiler]the other girl slip on the soap.[/spoiler]

And is it just me or is Konata becoming a bit more bizarre with each episode? At first she seems so serious but it's like she's got personality quirks just barely kept in check, waiting for the right moment to spring out. lol

And Akira... I knew I was going to like her from the very first episode where she got [spoiler]cranky and reached inside her shirt a bit to scratch herself. [/spoiler] That was priceless. Now if that opening song wouldn't sound so high pitched I'd be content. ;)[/COLOR]

[quote]And is it just me or is Konata becoming a bit more bizarre with each episode? At first she seems so serious but it's like she's got personality quirks just barely kept in check, waiting for the right moment to spring out. lol[/quote]

Well, I wouldn't say that Konata's becoming weirder, but rather, the audience is becoming more exposed to her "weirdness" (Because I'm sure she's always been that weird). Otherwise, I'm sure Tsukasa and Kagami would be wondering a bit about her and how she would be changing (Not that Kagami doesn't wonder about her already ( ̄w ̄)y). Also, I think a lot of the audience likes Konata that way. It's like one of those cases in those visual novels where you meet a really cute girl and it turns out she has a dark secret, like outside of school, she's actually an insane assassin! ガ━━Σ(゚Д゚|||)━━ン!!

I love when that happens though =P

Speaking of which, I like Akira too, mainly because she acts so cute and typical of stereotypical lolis, but she's really demanding and lazy outside of her job.

Just to spark some conversation~
[B]1. What's your favorite ending?
2. Favorite reference to an anime/event/game/manga/etc?
3. Favorite character/s and why you like him/her/it/them?
4. For those who are into 2ch and Nico Nico Douga or the videos they post up on YouTube, what's your favorite Lucky Star parody? This also includes dance videos of Motteke! Sailor Fuku and stuff.[/B]

For me,...
1. "Ore no Wasuremono", the first Minoru Shiraishi ending with the tsun tsun pan pan and WA WA WA WA, etc. It fulfilled all of my Minoru needs~~~~~ Either that or the CHA-LA! HEAD CHA-LA or Doraemon.
2. I can't decide either D: Maybe Timotei~, Crayon Shin-chan reference, and of course, the time when Konata watched Haruhi and browsed 2ch to find out they were already flaming it. OH, and the iDOLM@STER on the TV, I think. I can't remember though.
3. Konata because it's so easy to connect to her. I'm sure most, if not all, LS fans can connect to her. Akira because of mentioned above explanation a few paragraphs up. Minoru because fanservice and wa wa wa wasuremono~ He also looks cool. Tsukasa because she's a cute character. So clumsy, but so moe~ Besides, I tend to like characters with short hair. Lastly, balsamic vinegar.
4. Was it called "Akira Stole the Balsamic Vinegar Aha☆Aha☆Aha?" Something like that. "Hiiragi Tsukasa Stole Hiiragi Kagami's Love" gave me a few laughs too.

1. It would be very hard, I think, for anything to exceed the pure glory & win of Ore no Wasuremono.

2. Hm. Either Marimite or the more recent Da Capo references. In part because I actually caught them, but mainly because it's awesome to see Kona go "into character," as it were.

3. Not to be boring, but I have to go with Kona-tan. There wouldn't be much of a show without her. [strike]Tsukasa[/strike] Kagami (wow, I need more sleep) gets second place because I still crack up when I think of her reaction to the [spoiler]Gauron/Sousuke[/spoiler] doujinshi.

4. I don't know if this is the kind of thing you were talking about, but the Death Note OP 2 parody amused me.

~Dagger~

[quote]4. I don't know if this is the kind of thing you were talking about, but the Death Note OP 2 parody amused me.[/quote]

Yup, that's a good one. A nice and incredibly epic one at that.

[quote]3. Not to be boring, but I have to go with Kona-tan. There wouldn't be much of a show without her.[/quote]
Without her, Lucky Star wouldn't be Lucky Star (  ゚,_ゝ゚). None of the other characters really have the otaku/2ch thing in them.

[quote][strike]Tsukasa[/strike] Kagami (wow, I need more sleep) gets second place because I still crack up when I think of her reaction to the [spoiler]Gauron/Sousuke[/spoiler] doujinshi.[/quote]

No worries, I did something like that. "Hiiragi Tsukasa Stole Hiiragi... Hii... Kyo-chan", I almost put. >_>

I almost forgot about that part. I loved that reaction too. That's now number three? or four? on my list of favorite crossover scenes.

[color=#4B0082][b]1.[/b] I think Cha-La Head Cha-La is my favorite. Konata singing that just fits way too well and I can't help but laugh every time I listen to it. It kind of makes me want to [strike]sing[/strike] scream along with the chorus, but the rest of the people in the house would probably think I was crazy if I did. lol

[b]2.[/b] The Street Fighter II scene in the first episode still takes the cake. Nothing else in the series has made me laugh that much yet. After the rest of the episode being kind of slow, that came out of nowhere and doubled me over with laughter for long enough that I had to pause the video while I recovered.

[b]3.[/b] Konata of course. There've been far too many moments where she reminds me of myself. The bit where she and Kagami are playing the PS2 together, Konata starts looking through the stack for an easy party game, and Kagami asks why she knows what games she has?that was just like me with one of my friends. I'd always know his games better than he did. :p

[b]4.[/b] I haven't actually seen many of the parodies so I can't really pick out a favorite.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082][b]1.[/b] It kind of makes me want to [strike]sing[/strike] scream along with the chorus, but the rest of the people in the house would probably think I was crazy if I did. lol[/QUOTE]

._. Sadly, I have done this. With Ore no Wasuremono too. My family already thinks I'm crazy. I mean, they'll come home sometimes to find me cosplaying as Haruhi doing the Motteke! or HHY. >_>

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='indifference;784485][COLOR="Indigo"]And is it just me or is Konata becoming a bit more bizarre with each episode? At first she seems so serious but it's like she's got personality quirks just barely kept in check, waiting for the right moment to spring out. lol[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Oh I agree. It's like she's always been weird and they just keep springing more of her funny personality on you as each episode is aired. lol[QUOTE=Konata'][B]1. What's your favorite ending?
2. Favorite reference to an anime/event/game/manga/etc?
3. Favorite character/s and why you like him/her/it/them?
4. For those who are into 2ch and Nico Nico Douga or the videos they post up on YouTube, what's your favorite Lucky Star parody? This also includes dance videos of Motteke! Sailor Fuku and stuff.[/B][/QUOTE]Hmmm... the ending or the Lucky Channel? Since I like that Lucky Channel with Akira more than I do the actual ending. And my favorite so far was the first one. Where Akira got [spoiler]cranky and reached into her shirt a bit to scratch herself. [/spoiler] That totally cracked me up. lol

Favorite reference, that I actually caught, was in the third episode. The Wedding Peach and Detective Conan reference. :catgirl: Oh and the Initial D one was pretty funny too.

Favorite character is definitely Konata. I love her zany personality and how she's such an otaku and hard core gamer. That and for whatever reason she totally comes across as how I've always pictured Desbreko. That alone made her instantly lovable.

I haven't gotten to the second season yet. So that last question doesn't apply to me. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"]Oh I agree. It's like she's always been weird and they just keep springing more of her funny personality on you as each episode is aired. lolHmmm... the ending or the Lucky Channel? Since I like that Lucky Channel with Akira more than I do the actual ending. And my favorite so far was the first one. Where Akira got [spoiler]cranky and reached into her shirt a bit to scratch herself. [/spoiler] That totally cracked me up. lol

Favorite reference, that I actually caught, was in the third episode. The Wedding Peach and Detective Conan reference. :catgirl: Oh and the Initial D one was pretty funny too.

Favorite character is definitely Konata. I love her zany personality and how she's such an otaku and hard core gamer. That and for whatever reason she totally comes across as how I've always pictured Desbreko. That alone made her instantly lovable.

I haven't gotten to the second season yet. So that last question doesn't apply to me. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]If you are thinking that 2ch meant second season, then you have much to learn, my friend XD. Anyway, 2ch is '2 channel' or basicaly the biggest anime community on the internet in Japan. In america, we have '4chan' based on it. 4chan is the epitomy of evil XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]If you are thinking that 2ch meant second season, then you have much to learn, my friend XD. Anyway, 2ch is '2 channel' or basicaly the biggest anime community on the internet in Japan. In america, we have '4chan' based on it. 4chan is the epitomy of evil XD[/COLOR][/QUOTE]*poke* read my post about getting into anime. :p I've only been into it starting a few years ago, and the few times I've heard the phrase 2ch, it was an abbreviation for second chapter/season.

No matter, I'm learning. And yes, you're right 4chan is evil. lol :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"]*poke* read my post about getting into anime. :p I've only been into it starting a few years ago, and the few times I've heard the phrase 2ch, it was an abbreviation for second chapter/season.

No matter, I'm learning. And yes, you're right 4chan is evil. lol :catgirl: [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]:p I wasn't making fun of you or anything, just informing - consider yourself informed. Anywho, my favorite of the LS parodies that I've seen was the [B]Cowboy Bebop [/B]op thing. The chocolate coronet as Jet's ship was utterly perfect.[/COLOR]

Now that I've finally caught up to the episodes, I'm changing some opinions of mine~

Favorite character: Iwasaki Minami is added into the favorite characters for me. I remember on the first episode when I saw her in the opening... I think it went something like this.

(*゚Д゚) ----!!!??? Did I just see... a light-colored short-haired, quiet looking, mature girl?!
(゚Д゚≡゚Д゚) ...Panic, panic,[strike]Ohohoho, pant, pant[/strike]
..._〆(・∀・@) She will be my favorite character.

Now I need to draw fanart of her~

Also in my list of favorite characters is [spoiler]the Nagato Yuki cosplayer(?) (Although I think she is secretly Nagato Yuki D:[/spoiler] in episode 16. Since she was definitely my favorite character before.

Favorite reference: Episode 16, when [spoiler]Konata cosplays as Haruhi, and the Nagato Yuki <3<3<3, Kyon, and Mikuru cosplayers. Also, HHY.[/spoiler]

[color=#4B0082]Wow. Just wow. Episode 16 raised the bar yet again. It even beat the SFII reference. I was laughing so much my eyes were watering. The whole episode is simply made of pure, unadulterated win.

Spoilers for all past this point. It would be a crime to have this stuff spoiled, as half the hilarity comes from the spontineity of things, but I can't help expounding on its awesomeness.[/color]

[spoiler]The Mikuru theme as Konata's new ringtone started the episode off perfectly. Then the conversations in the first half turned out to be some of the better ones so far. Plus Miyuki finally shows up again, and she's adorable in the flashbacks. (Yes, I do have a thing for light pink hair.) Konata's, "No motivation! Wanna play! Rely on others in a pinch!" was great, too. I think everyone can identify with that.[/spoiler] :p

[spoiler]The second half is where the episode really just slaps you upside the head with its awesome, though. First Tsukasa being mistaken for Akari from To Heart and then?OMFG Konata dressed as Haruhi and alternately between the two characters' voices on the fly. I was laughing through the entire cosplay cafe part, especially with Hare Hare Yukai topping it off.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]The scene outside the nurse's office and the look on Minami's face after Konata patted her on the butt was priceless. . . . And that's all I have to say about that. lol[/spoiler]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082][spoiler]The Mikuru theme as Konata's new ringtone started the episode off perfectly.[/spoiler][/color][/QUOTE][color=#007520]Haha, that's my ringtone too... or one of them at least. :3

-r2[/color]

[color=#4B0082][url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2kghh3qtmI][u]And you thought the original OP theme was crazy.[/u][/url]

Motteke! Sailor Fuku Re-Mix001, an album with seven remixes of the song, was released today. The above YouTube link is my favorite one from the disc (though the Matsuri Mix with Minoru singing along is also pretty good). They turn an already hyper song into a frantic barrage of madness assaulting your ears. I love it. :catgirl:[/color]

• 1 month later...
Lucky Star is getting [url=http://www.lucky-ch.com/info/info_goods_sp.html][u]Nendoroid figures[/u][/url]! :love:

I am so buying these. They aren't on that page, but apparently there are also kitty (Konata) and bunny (Kagami) variants...

~Dagger~