OtakuBoards

Lucky Star

Dagger

[color=#4B0082]Sigh. . . . It's over. I watched ep24 last night. I had put it off for a bit because I knew it would be awesome yet sad at the same time, and it was. The show really went out with a bang and the episode was filled with everything that makes Lucky Star what it is. I thought the way it ended was perfect, in fact. But, you know, it's over; there's no more, and this makes me sad.

I've decided, though, that once EnA finishes their releases (high quality h.246 encoding zomgyes) I'm going to do a Lucky Star marathon. All 24 episodes—nine hours of Lucky Star—in one day. It's going to be crazy, and awesome, and crazy awesome.[/color]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Sigh. . . . It's over. I watched ep24 last night. I had put it off for a bit because I knew it would be awesome yet sad at the same time, and it was. The show really went out with a bang and the episode was filled with everything that makes Lucky Star what it is. I thought the way it ended was perfect, in fact. But, you know, it's over; there's no more, and this makes me sad.

I've decided, though, that once EnA finishes their releases (high quality h.246 encoding zomgyes) I'm going to do a Lucky Star marathon. All 24 episodes?nine hours of Lucky Star?in one day. It's going to be crazy, and awesome, and crazy awesome.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I might have to try that myself. Tell me when you're going to do it so we can on the same day :p

Anyway, I've said this already to a few people, but I honestly think it's foolish to think that there won't be a season 2 of LS.[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Heh, okay. Maybe we can set up an AIM chat or something while we watch and get as many people in on it as we can. That could be fun, since there's no one around willing to watch it with me. My only friend who's into anime found Lucky Star boring. :animecry:

I've wondered if they might make another Lucky Star series in the future but I'm not getting my hopes up just yet. And even if they do there still won't be any more for a while yet so it's still sad.

Oh, and by the way, I found these while browsing around: [url=http://blog.naver.com/tyrblue/50017941600][u]Konata dress-up[/u][/url], [url=http://blog.naver.com/tyrblue/50017653501][u]Kagami dress-up[/u][/url]. I haven't played around with them much yet but I'm sure there are some amusing combinations possible.[/color]

Count me in on the whole Lucky Star marathon =3

Also, although I'm still behind on the episodes, I did see part of episode 24.

I've already started working on that full [spoiler]Motteke! dance routine[/spoiler]~ I'm looking towards doing it at some special event, like a con or talent show, ha-ha~

I will post some of my findings once my computer stops messing up.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Dagger']Although I suppose there are few better ways to kick off October break...

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]Or a good ways to wrap up one's fall break since mine is this week. I do have plans on Saturday, but I'll definitely make a point of stopping in the chat room and at least watching one or two episodes. It just sounds like too much fun to pass up. :catgirl:

[color=#4B0082]Awesome, I'm getting really excited about this. I hope there's a good turn out for the marathon. :animesmil

By the way, the ED Album Shiraishi Minoru no Otoko no Lullaby CD with all the second season endings sung by Minoru was released recently. Of note is the full version of Koi no Minoru Densetsu?it is made of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYi6BpGudUo][u]epic win[/u][/url]. And the full version of Ore no Wasuremono is pretty good too.[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Awesome, I'm getting really excited about this. I hope there's a good turn out for the marathon. :animesmil[/color][/QUOTE]I'll be sure to stop in briefly as well. I've only gotten to about episode seven so I really need to see the rest. I don't know if I'll stick around the whole time or not though. Still... sounds like fun. [/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]So, did the marathon end up happening without me? (Or I guess it would still be happening if it did.) I was seriously pissed at having to miss it. I even tried swapping out my motherboard for another one we had available, since that's what went bad in my system--that ended up taking hours to get everything put together and hooked up. And then that board didn't even work. I got screwed twice over that way.

I kind of hope people still did it without me and had a good time, but I kind of also hope people skipped it so we'd be able to do it later when my PC is working again. I'm not sure if I'd bother doing it by myself now. :animedepr[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]So, did the marathon end up happening without me? (Or I guess it would still be happening if it did.) I was seriously pissed at having to miss it. I even tried swapping out my motherboard for another one we had available, since that's what went bad in my system--that ended up taking hours to get everything put together and hooked up. And then that board didn't even work. I got screwed twice over that way.

I kind of hope people still did it without me and had a good time, but I kind of also hope people skipped it so we'd be able to do it later when my PC is working again. I'm not sure if I'd bother doing it by myself now. :animedepr[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'm afraid it didn't happen either do to lack of knowledge or cuz I didn't do the chat set-up properly ^^;; Either way, since I had been at a friends house who was gunna join in on the marathon, we watched it ourselves. Since it was just me, though, we can still do the thing - I'll just follow the chat. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'm afraid it didn't happen either do to lack of knowledge or cuz I didn't do the chat set-up properly ^^;; Either way, since I had been at a friends house who was gunna join in on the marathon, we watched it ourselves. Since it was just me, though, we can still do the thing - I'll just follow the chat. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]I looked for you online earlier today so I could request joining the chat, but it told me you were off line DB. So I assumed that it didn't happen. So I guess we should try it again when Des's gets his computer fixed.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Okay, so I still want to do the marathon now that my PC is back in working order. Right now I'm planning for Saturday, October 27, since this coming Saturday is too soon. I'd be able to finish redownloading the episodes by then but I don't think it's enough time to get the word out again. Does that sound good to everyone?

If all goes well I'm planning on putting up another announcement for it in the next few days.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Okay, so I still want to do the marathon now that my PC is back in working order. Right now I'm planning for Saturday, October 27, since this coming Saturday is too soon. I'd be able to finish redownloading the episodes by then but I don't think it's enough time to get the word out again. Does that sound good to everyone?

If all goes well I'm planning on putting up another announcement for it in the next few days.[/color][/QUOTE]

Awesome, I think that's the only Saturday I'm free anyway~ Well, besides the "having to complete Precalculus" part of it.

Count me in.

[color=#4B0082]omg... I've had that as my wallpaper (cropped 'cause I don't have a widescreen and it isn't big enough to fit across both my monitors :animecry:) since you posted it and I just now noticed that Minami is doing the rabbit ears thing above Yutaka's head. That along with her little grin is so adorable now.

[b]Edit:[/b]
Or maybe not. Looking closer, I think I see a third finger up there. . . . Whatever, patting Yutaka on the head is still adorable. :catgirl:

[b]Edit II:[/b]
Epic fail on the tournout for the Lucky Star marathon. Aaryanna, indifference, SunfallE, Shinmaru, and Rachmaninoff were the only ones other than me who showed up. And only Aaryanna was there for the whole thing. :animecry:

I still had fun, though, so I'll probably do more of them in the future anyway.

In other news, Lucky Star has apparently been licensed by Bandai. I haven't been able to find any official press releases or anything yet but I've been hearing they released a teaser trailer or something. And web sites across the net are pulling their fansubs (though you can still find them if you look hard enough).[/color]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082][b]Edit II:[/b]
Epic fail on the tournout for the Lucky Star marathon. Aaryanna, indifference, SunfallE, Shinmaru, and Rachmaninoff were the only ones other than me who showed up. And only Aaryanna was there for the whole thing. :animecry:

I still had fun, though, so I'll probably do more of them in the future anyway.[/color][/QUOTE]I say you start randomly banning people for being bad and not showing up! :p Especially DB! He's a prime candidate !

Seriously though... It's a shame more people didn't come. >_< That was my first time to watch so much anime all at once. It was fun! :catgirl: Though now I want more Lucky Star! Especially with how absolutely insane the Lucky Channel got there at the end! Hehehe! That and I loved how they ended it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Sorry I bailed after like an hour and a half. My computer = ultimate fail. :(

If you want to do more in the future, though, Haruhi would be a lot of fun, as would Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei once that's finished being subbed (in about ten years XD).

[color=#4B0082]I actually did Haruhi by myself a while ago. Honestly, I thought it lost a lot of its humor the second time through when I already knew what was going to happen. I was kind of bored by the time I got through all fourteen episodes. :animeswea

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei sounds like a good choice though.

I think I'm going to start a new thread to talk about which series people would like to do this with[/color]

The Otakulypse timing was unfortunate. Although it completely slipped my head that the marathon was going to be this past weekend, I would've probably remembered if the site had been up. C'est la vie... :animeswea

~Dagger~

I hope they don't try to go the ultra-expensive LE route, like they did with Haruhi. But I'm pretty sure Kadokawa & Bandai recognize that Haruhi was more or less a one-time phenomenon. Lucky Star should be marketed differently.

~Dagger~

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I think I'm going to start a new thread to talk about which series people would like to do this with[/color][/QUOTE]Sounds like a good idea to me, but then even though I was only there for part of it, I did enjoy it. And if I hadn't already made other plans for the day... I probably would have stuck around for more. ^_^

If anything it inspired me to finally finish watching Lucky Star. Oh did that Lucky Channel get completely and totally insane at the end! Hahahaha! I just laughed and laughed at how that turned out.

I also like how they ended it since I was wondering just how they would. Personally, I think it suited the series perfectly with how they went about it. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/071114_lucky_z.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://dps.dengekionline.com/2007/11/ps2_cg21_1.html][u]CGs from the upcoming PS2 game[/u][/url]

It's more like the comic art than the anime art (I greatly prefer the anime designs) but still fatally moe. :animenose

~Dagger~