OtakuBoards

Lucky Star

Dagger

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/DaggerIX1/lucky-ch_top.jpg[/IMG]
[/CENTER]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjEFUY7unks&eurl=][u]Opening sequence movie[/u][/url]

Dance, puppets, dance! :devil:

[strike]Haruhi 2[/strike] [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Star_(manga)][u]Lucky Star[/u][/url] is a [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7222][u]new[/u][/url] [url=http://www.lucky-ch.com/][u]anime[/u][/url] from the studio that made The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Much like Azumanga Daioh, it's a mostly plotless comedy about the lives of high school girls. Except in this case, the girls are otaku/gamers.

I'm not sure how I feel about them making the OP so much like Haruhi's OP and ED, but I suppose that they have the right to capitalize on their own success. Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more of the show. For better or worse, chances are that it'll achieve at least Haruhi's level of cult popularity.

~Dagger~

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I just recently saw the first episode of Haruhi (surprise) and really enjoyed it so I will probably check this out once it comes out. If not the fact that it was made by the same people who did Haruhi I'd probably be checking this out because they are Otaku/Gamers (Wii FTW).[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

What an impossibly upbeat little slice of ridiculous that op is; I think it's my favorite one since the second Death Note opening (HEY HEY NINGEN SUCKER etc.). Capitalizing this may be, but I don't see how one could complain. Novelty doesn't matter as much as brilliance and sheer revelry, which this thing's got in excess. And do I also detect some borrowings from the High School Girls ed as well as the Hare Hare Yukai dance? (it's a bit sad that that ed has now been more or less forgotten, even though it and Haruhi hit about the same time)

So the show's about otaku. And not just otaku, but [i]cute schoolgirl[/i] otaku each with a selection of standard moe features - that is, beings who are essentially [i]fans of themselves[/i]. It's like a snake eating its own tail; Genshiken had the excuse of feigning realism, but here such a facade is completely wiped away. I can only guess at what kind of psychopathologies are pointed out by a series like this.

Not having seen the show myself, anything more than speculation is really just blowing steam. That said, I expect the quality to range somewhere from good to spectacular - mainly because it's helmed by Kyoto Animation, who have always done absolutely stellar work on this kind of thing (aren't they also doing the Clannad adaptation sometime later this year?).

Yeah, Clannad is slated for the fall by most reports. I'm really interested in your take on the start of Lucky Star... despite its uber-moeness, it's different from anything they've done before because of its 4koma roots. The artwork is very bright and appealing, and there's nowhere that the animation falters--but it doesn't have much of a chance to shine, either. One gets the sense that they're taking a break between the more detailed/drama-intensive Kanon and Clannad.

Episode 1 was decent. Although it didn't wow me or anything, anime comedy usually doesn't, and watching it was pleasant and relaxing. It left me with a smile on my face. I was surprised by the extent to which it's dialogue-based; there were almost none of the physical gags that you tend to get in this type of show. Part of me wishes they had brought in someone like Akiyuki Shinbo to liven things up, but I guess there are already enough Pani Poni Dashes, Negimas and Hidamari Sketches in the world.

Your snake eating its own tail comparison is spot-on. In just the first episode, we have the main character (Konata, with the long blue hair and Aya Hirano's voice) pointing out Miyuki's moe clumsiness and Kagami's moe sleeping face. (In one scene, Miyuki cutely walks into a wall or something. Konata: "She should be like that all the time." Tsukasa: "It must hurt...")

~Dagger~

[color=#4B0082]Just the pic of moe girls playing the Wii was enough to get me to check out Lucky Star. Then I heard, "like Azumanga Daioh," and I was sold. :catgirl:

It sounds like this anime was practically made for me -- moe girls, moe girls [i]who are otaku/gamers,[/i] random dialogue-driven humor -- I love it. Once I finish Lost Universe and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (next on the "to watch" list, 'cause I always hear it being praised around here), and there are more episodes out, I'll have to start on Lucky Star. In the mean time, I'm interested in hearing what other people think of it. I have hopes that it will be banner worthy, to replace my CCS one.[/color]

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Eh, for a starting episode, episode 1 was pretty good. I don't really tend to watch a lot of comedy based anime's so I really don't know how to give it a proper review. The only thing that I was really annoyed with was that they were high schoolers that looked more like middle schoolers (I know this was mentioned in the opening post but I either forgot it or something). Its the one thing that can usually turn me off from a series but in this case I think the overall cuteness of the character design counteracted that. I mean seriously, if you want to make a series about high school sophomores, make them [I]look[/I] like high school sophomores. In my mind doings something like this is the equivalent of getting some ten year old, slapping an 18+ age marker on their forehead and throwing them into a hentai film.

Besides that I though it was pretty good, its only the first episode so it would be rather harsh of me to judge it so harshly. The Street Fighter thing as well as the .hack//roots reference did make it pretty enjoyable. (epically since the foreigner happened to be American lol). So I'll probably stick around for the ride.

PS: Its kind of ironic though that Konata and I dislike baseball for the same reason..[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]That picture with the Wiimotes is pure, unadalterated win. Anywho, this was my post on megatokyo, so enjoy.

From the perspective of just finishing the food part so many have whined about:

Now... on the one hand, I can totally respect the inner psychology of food-eating stretegies. I am very methodical in this sense -- just today I was doing an experiment in peeling the skin off of beeny weenies by rolling them through my teeth (I call it 'circumcision' XD) . Parts of their discussiob were alright. But I'll admit, it got so boring that near the end, every time they brought up another food I would roll my eyes. The only part that was really any funny was when she said how she felt sorry for the tariaki. I loled.

Also, was that a female version of Edward Elric in the op?!

From the influenza part, I will say that I love this anime's conversational tone. These sound like the kind of random, stupid, and yet interesting discussions I get into with my friends and associates, and it's pulled off much better than other shows of it's type. Also, I absolutely love how deep Konata-chan is into anime. Her way of speech tickles me XD

*some funny stuff and then*

NOOO! They're talking about food again! Damn you! Damn you all!

Anywho, Lucky channel was pretty funny, though it had absolutely no point whatsoever... overall, I'm giving this show a 'meh' as far as episode one. I was expecting a lot more from a KyoAni work, though I guess it's not their fault if the source material just sucks.

This show, being around at the same time as Hidamari Sketch and having a blatantly similar concept, is going to be a toughie. On the one hand, i can see myself liking the characters and situations in Lucky Star even more than hidamari, but on the other hand, Hidamari has been overall better for getting into so far, and it's got all those weird quirks which make it cool.

It'll be tough. [/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, so I couldn't resist; I got episode 1 and just watched it even though I'm not done with Haruhi Suzumiya yet. It wasn't mind-blowingly awesome or anything, but if the show picks up as it goes I can see myself liking it as much as Azumanga Daioh. Which was quite a bit.

The food-related conversation did drag on longer than I would've liked but it never got incredibly annoying for me. Maybe because I ponder the same sorts of little details like that? And there were some amusing bits to it, like the tariaki. I also liked the comparison to a caterpillar and the reaction to that, since I tend to make those sorts of comparisons. :toothy:

The Street Fighter II reference was freaking hilarious though. I see the Konata vs. Foreigner screen and I'm like, "Dude, that's Guile!" Then it switches to the fighting screen and I bust out laughing as Konata uses Ryu's Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku. Konata's stance and animations are even the same as Ryu's. I know it's incredibly geeky, but that little sequence had me laughing for a good twenty seconds straight.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']I see the Konata vs. Foreigner screen and I'm like, "Dude, that's Guile!"[/color][/quote][color=#007520]Hahaha. YES! I'm not the only one! I saw the flag on his arm and Guile immediately came to mind.

When it comes down to the rest of the show, though, it was pretty slow and drawn out. The four-panel comic origins are very obvious, and I'm finding it increasingly difficult to watch the series because of how [i]sloow[/i] it is.

The food discussion turned me off right away; they just spent so much time on it. But when they [spoiler]came back to it later in the episode,[/spoiler] I couldn't help but laugh. I'll see if I can continue the series, but it will probably be so I can find nerd references as often as I can.

-r2[/color]

[quote name='Ikillion][COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The only thing that I was really annoyed with was that they were high schoolers that looked more like middle schoolers (I know this was mentioned in the opening post but I either forgot it or something). Its the one thing that can usually turn me off from a series but in this case I think the overall cuteness of the character design counteracted that. I mean seriously, if you want to make a series about high school sophomores, make them [I]look[/I] like high school sophomores. In my mind doings something like this is the equivalent of getting some ten year old, slapping an 18+ age marker on their forehead and throwing them into a hentai film.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]
This is something that has really bothered me in the past in other series (with Doki Doki School Hours / Sensei no Ojikan being the worst offender; the main character is a twenty-seven year old who looks like she belongs in elementary school). Generally I can swallow it as long as the characters aren't overtly sexualized--either by the animators or by other characters. So far Lucky Star seems to be all right in that regard. I try to think of the character designs as being deliberately done in a kind of SD style. The cuteness helps, as you said.

Episode 2 had a lot more references than episode 1, including some [spoiler]Hare Hare Yukai[/spoiler] goodness. Overall I think it was better balanced than the first episode, in that they didn't linger on any one topic for too long. My favorite part was when Konata used [spoiler]"May sickness"[/spoiler] as her excuse for missing school, but I also liked her and Kagami's conversation about the issue of a series having two different vocal casts for its drama CDs and its anime. (Lucky Star is an example of this! The anime cast is totally different from the drama CD cast. I was kind of upset by this at first, because Konata's CD actress is one of my favorite seiyuu. I love the weird voice that Aya Hirano gives her, though.)

I'm still in awe of Akira's vocal gymnastics during the Lucky Channel segment.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Alright, to kick things off, the beginning of episode two where it shows both Tsukasa and her sister in their own routine was absolutely brilliant, IMO. I love the comparison, because it reminds me of my own brother and I, me waking up at 3:30 and he at 7:30 and such XD.

The part where Konata and Tsukasa are comparing their vacation doings had me laughing aloud the entire time! Konata just plucking away at the keyboard was absolutely hilarious (that was me this spring break!!!) and the end was the best part.

some cameos here! Sgt. Kokoro, and Haruhi on DDR. I liked that one especially, cuz you just no tons of fanboys have made this work as well XD.

Did anyone know what that 3D fighting game was? I love how the red shirt guy looks and sees Konata-chan and is just like 'uuuuuhhhhh' and leaves XD

What I love about this show is that they take the sort of conversations we all have where we come up with our most brilliant ideas, and use them to be funny. Like the doctor thing - I swear I had an overly similar conversation less than 2 months ago with some girls at my lunch table. Also, the drill guy and chick with huge needle were freaking hilarious. I love how her boobs are all bouncy when she appears XD.

I'd also like to take a second to say just how much I love Konata-chan. She's so short! (shorter than the charatristically short girl!) and adorable, with that long blue hair, I just wanna hugglez her!!!

*ahem*

Anywho, I like the way they decribe Konata's face 'super awesome!!!'. They sound so much like my friends and I, it becomes scary. Konata-chan also had some valid points on reading and what should be called real books (once again, a discussion I've had many times)

Lucky Channel was funny, mostly when Akira-chan reacts to the kid's line. Her facial expressions kick ***.

Overall, I loved this episode. There were a few slow moments, but the great parts make up for it. i'm definitely looking forward to episode 3.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']Anywho, I like the way they decribe Konata's face 'super awesome!!!'. They sound so much like my friends and I, it becomes scary.[/COLOR][/quote][color=#4B0082]Heh, so I'm not the only one who's been getting that feeling. I've actually done that to my friends -- made them totally crack up just by making a face -- on more than one occasion. Like you mentioned, it's great how the show takes those weird little conversations we all have at some point with our friends and uses them for hilarity.

I'm a lot happier with episode 2. Sticking on one topic for most of the first episode really didn't do justice to the random, odd humor that I love about this kind of anime. More references were also good, though none of them had me laughing as much as the SFII one; it's going to be hard to top that.

I didn't recognize the 3D fighter that Konata was playing though. It looked like it might've been Virtua Fighter or Tekken, but I'm not especially familiar with the newer 3D fighters.

My favorite part had to be when they were back after vacation and the teacher was giving her little spiel about how it must not have felt like much of a vacation, but she did her best to have fun during the break. Konata's response to that made me laugh.

[b]Edit:[/b]
It's amazing how much difference a quality subtitle job makes. Even if Lucky Channel gets them out first, I'm going to be waiting for a.f.k. from now on. :animesigh[/color]

Cute banner/av, Des!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPartZH1RY0][u]Motteke! Sailor Fuku ~Michael Jackson Version~[/u][/url]

I do believe that link speaks for itself. :toothy:

The part of episode 3 that really made me giggle was the conversation that followed when Kagami asked Konata for help with a game she had borrowed. It was also fun watching [spoiler]Konata totally pwn her at various PS2 games.[/spoiler]

Lots more references in this one, including [spoiler]Cromartie and Pani Poni Dash bits.[/spoiler] The karaoke ED is Sore ga Ai Deshou, the opening to Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu. There's also a great scene that plays off the [spoiler]ponytail[/spoiler] gag that appears in both Fumoffu and Haruhi.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=#0e1030][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS][QUOTE=Dagger]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPartZH1RY0][u]Motteke! Sailor Fuku ~Michael Jackson Version~[/u][/url][/QUOTE]

Wow, I really have nothing else to add to that...

Goodness though, Tsukasa and Kagami are almost 17! I wonder what elementary schoolers look like in that series :animestun

Out of the many references in the show, I liked the one [spoiler]when Konata compared marriage partners to Dragon Quest V[/spoiler]. Although I don't know why the decided to bleep out the names of the spells. I would think it could be copyright infringement but then that kinda defeats the purpose of the reference lol.

Konata's fanning scene in the train and [spoiler]when Miyuki leaves from the library and accidentally turns the lights off. Then when Tsukasa states that even Konata does it too and Konata just says never. It was probably the sudden change in voice but I busted out laughing there.[/spoiler] The obscure H-game refrence was pretty neat as well.

I was however blind-sighted when apparently [spoiler]Miyuki became a sex symbol?[/spoiler] It threw me for a loop.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Dagger]Cute banner/av, Des!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPartZH1RY0][u]Motteke! Sailor Fuku ~Michael Jackson Version~[/u][/url][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Thanks. I think it captures Konata's character pretty well. :catgirl:

And that Michael Jackson parody is just scary. Partly because it fits so well. . . .

Lots of great things about episode three. Like I expected, the show's been getting better as it goes along. I hope that continues.

The way Konata is always teasing Kagami, and Konata's reactions to Kagami getting mad about it, is hilarious. Episode three had plenty of that and it was great fun to watch their personalities bounce off one another. Konata's comment about Tsukasa's and Kagami's favorite colors, in particular, made me laugh.

Tsukasa with [spoiler]her hair in a ponytail[/spoiler] was way too cute, by the way.

Lucky Channel finally made me bust out laughing. It had made me chuckle before but the part where [spoiler]Akira mentions that Minoru is sitting farther away, Minoru scoots closer, and then Akira scoots away the same amount[/spoiler] caught me totally off guard. That look of, "Wait a minute..." on Minoru's face was priceless. I had to pause the episode for a moment while laughing so I wouldn't miss the subtitles.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082] [spoiler]Akira mentions that Minoru is sitting farther away, Minoru scoots closer, and then Akira scoots away the same amount[/spoiler'][/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Yes, that moment was awesome, lol. (Also Des, nice to see more Konata-chan fanboys, though beware, lest you end up one of the fellow lolicon!)

I think the Japanese-to-English fjord has come into view clearly now. This show has so many culture references it becomes hard to follow... like someone said 'I feel like a Japanese person watching the Simpsons'. It's hard to keep reading what the characters are saying and have to look up at the culture notes every couple seconds.

I will agree with everyone that [spoiler]Tsukasa-chan's hair in the ponytail was so insanely adorable... I just want to draw her... and Konata's didn't work as well - my favorite part of her character design is how her hair falls directly down about her[/spoiler].

This episode was missing the lol of episode 2 but was still fun -- i think it would have been at least a bit more comedic if I weere japanese, heh. As someone also said, Konata really is the driving force behind this show and one of the most pure-to-the-core otaku I've seen in anime.

My favorite scene had to be when [spoiler]her and Kagami-chan were playing PS2. Two awesome loli holding PS2 controller = beyond win[/spoiler]. Once again... let me draw them...

Oh, and Akira's comment about [spoiler]Armies of lolicon under her control[/spoiler] was pure genius as it is SO true XD

Also, many have complained about the scene transitions - I like them. It doesn't leave you lingering on the last topic. [/COLOR]

A couple of items for discussion here.

1) The Lucky Star series director, Yutaka Yamamoto, is being replaced by another KyoAni veteran, Yasuhiro Takemoto, as of episode 5. (Which makes the just-aired episode 4 the final Yamamoto episode.)

This has sparked a lot of confusion, especially in light of the recent Gurren Lagann controversy. To recap, Gurren Lagann is Gainax's latest anime. Episode 4 was directed by Osamu Kobayashi (Beck, Paradise Kiss), who is a respected animator with a distinctive style. However, a lot of people on 2ch were pissed off at how different episode 4 looked from the previous episodes. They flooded Gainax's blog with nasty comments and dug up some remarks that Gainax staff members had made on a social networking site. (They called 2ch an anus, insulted otaku, etc.)

The fallout from this resulted in the resignation of one of Gainax's founding members. Additionally, they've promised that Kobayashi will not return for future episodes of Gurren Lagann.

Because the Lucky Star announcement happened right on the heels of this, a lot of people assumed that it was either a) a publicity stunt or parody on KyoAni's part, or b) something posted by otaku hackers who were emboldened by their success in intimidating Gainax. However, more news sites are picking it up, and it's starting to look like the real thing.

Going back to Lucky Star, Yamamoto previously directed the Haruhi ED dance, a few Haruhi episodes (including The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina and Live A Live), and various episodes of other shows. His successor, Takemoto, has directed Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu and The Second Raid. Last I checked, ANN had some incorrect information regarding Yamamoto's full name and work, so it's all a bit confusing.

I think there's still no guarantee that it's not a tongue-in-cheek joke or prank, since it was known from the beginning that Takemoto would be working on episode 5. So we'll see.

2) This [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGDPZDk6HCI][u]Lucky Channel fandub[/u][/url]. Actually there's not too much to say about it, except that it's both impressively done and serves to highlight the range of Akira's seiyuu. The girl fandubbing her nails most of the high parts, but she can't hit the low notes.

3) Episode 4. Most of it whooshed over my head (that'll teach me to watch this show when I'm tired). I totally identify with Konata's procrastination methods, though.

~Dagger~

[color=#4B0082]Any more news about the change of directors? I looked around a bit but couldn't find anything new.

I'm curious what episode 5 will be like now. The preview of it at the end of episode 4 nearly made me squeal like a schoolgirl, seeing the girls in all their cuteness wearing kimonos. I hope Takemoto does a good job with it.

As for episode 4 itself, it was pretty good. It didn't have as many laugh-out-loud moments (I know I missed a couple references, so maybe that had something to do with it) but it seemed a bit more consistant in keeping a smile on my face. The back and forth teasing between Konata and Kagami was as good as always and continues to remind me a lot of myself and a friend. One part that did make me laugh, though, was when [spoiler]Konata set her alarm for 5:00 AM, was unable to sleep, and then just layed there, face down with her arm hanging off the bed, after the alarm went off[/spoiler]. That happens to me so freaking much, I can completely relate to the feeling of utter loathing for the alarm and morning in general.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]As is tradition, I shall do my reviews of episode 4 while wathcing.

Starting off, when kagami hears Koneta talking about not taking her books home I love how she goes [spoiler]'oh, that's right!' then her tone completely changes and she's like 'that's not called being diligent!'[/spoiler]

Oddly enough, when they metnion Miyuki, i rarely remember who they're talking about. She just leaves no impression on me, lol. Also, I can relate to the lack of desire to do homework... in fact I have some backed up i should be doing now...

ZOMG! [spoiler]Kanon reference! It made me laugh, but them my strep throat started aching, so i stopped! i love the music they played there! The teacher plays MMOs![/spoiler]

hey! Konata's a fellow mouth-breather! as made evident by the throat condition bothering me right now, so am I, lol

[spoiler]'we're baking cookies' ... 'I'll go'[/spoiler] XD Also, *pauses*, I love how the girls all have great fashion sense. It's nice to see charachters who's clothes actually change, especially when they've got style. Especially Kagami -- don't get me wrong, Konata's cuter, but I just love the stuff Kagami wears. (yes, I pay close atention to this stuff)

LOL![spoiler] Haruhi armband! And now I regret not having seen 'to heart' if for no reason other than to get the reference.[/spoiler]

Konata making fun of Kagami was hilarious, [spoiler]especially her Shin-chan impersonation. I love how she says 'Kagamin' and puts so much purpose on the 'n' sound.[/spoiler]

The way the girls explain stuff is great, like when it shows Kagami on that show behind the screen. BTW, is this a common thing in Japan, or a Death Note reference?

I can't help but love the posters in Konata's room. When it comes to detail, KyoAni never disappoints. Also, the flame war bit was great.

Okay, WTF was with the cut to that comic-book-esque guy smoking a cigarette for a split second?! And Kagami has one of the evil teddy bears!!!

*paused* I'm sorry, Kagami's face is just too adorable. Every time she appears I want to pich har cheeks Especially when sh'e on the phone (also, nice shirt in that scene!) Also 'this is why women are hopeless' XD

Best Lucky Channel EVER! The parts where she was breahing all hard and when she was waving her arms made me crack out laughing, but she also made not one, but [spoiler]TWO TMNT REFERENCES!!!![/spoiler]

Awesome. Maybe best episode yet! Not a dull moment throughout! [/COLOR]

Re: Episode 5, I didn't notice any changes whatsoever in regards to the writing or directorial style (the pacing might've been smoother, but not enough to put it more than one standard deviation away from the norm, heheh). The name in the credits did change, however.

The yukata scene is adorable. :catgirl: And the ED, sung by Konata again, is the first Dragonball OP! Brilliant!

~Dagger~

[color=#4B0082]Wow, I think episode 5 is actually my favorite so far. I could list off the things I like about it but I'd probably end up writing a summary of the entire episode. The uber-cuteness of the girls in their yukatas and other summer clothes (agreed, DigitalBoy; they've got some great outfits), combined with lots of things that made me laugh, added up to make this my favorite.

In particular, a couple things that made me totally crack up: First, the [spoiler]in-game chatting between Konata and Nanako in the MMO. The use of the smilies and whatnot was awesome and Konata likening it to getting yelled at by Kagami everyday really topped it off[/spoiler]. Second, the electric fan scene. I don't think it needs any explanation, but Konata is right, it is the normal thing to do. Everyone has done it at some time or another and deep down we all love it.

It also didn't hurt that Konata was really, really, really ridiculously cute looking while standing in front of the fan, her hair blowing around out behind her. That right there rivaled even the cuteness of her in a yukata and the big pink bow in her hair.

And I actually recognized the ED song! Not because I've seen Dragon Ball, but because it was used as the background music for the end boss of Zeldarius (a little freeware game that I've played a lot). It was like two references rolled into one for me. :2women:[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ep 5 time!!! Wow, that OP is even crazier if you don't watch the video @_@

Right off the bat, snsei is now one of my favorite characters! I love the MMO talk -- as an MMO player, MMO talk is wonderful. Plus the mere thought that someone like Konata-chan might be that person I married on Ragnarok -- okay, I'm shutting up now.

I love how Tsukasa is so blatantly lazy all the damn time, but no one seems to point it out, lol.

*stops* ...

YUKATA DESUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!
And Konata-chan is skipping..... :animeshy:
Yui-chan = yes. We need more of her!

So, is it just me, or has Kagami suddenly turned into kyon? She keeps mentally narrating everything Konata says in the same fashion -- is this meant to be parody?

Okay, pause. Electric fan. This has been a kyoani specialty for a long time, if anyone noticed. In both Air and Kanon there has been a scene where a totally freaking awesome-looking digitally animated electric fan was blowing. then, in haruhi, there was the day when it was really hot and they had one set up. now Lucky Star is following suit. It's an electric fan conspiracy, I tell you!

lol! Tsukasa keeps saying[spoiler] balsamic vinegar [/spoiler]at random times! My favorite part about the characters i nthis show is how unbearably realistic they are...

*paused* DSSSSSSSSS!!! Also, she's humming haruhi XD

Lucky channel was great as usual. I could watch Akira move at 120% all day... I love how serious she looks when she reads the guys card [spoiler]'I have a happy life playing as female characters.'[/spoiler] brilliant.

Am i the only one who doesn't know the song chalaheadchala? Oh well. Hirano Aya sounded great singing it! [/COLOR]

Episode 6 was (I think) the best episode so far. First, the [spoiler]Initial D[/spoiler] scene, which was just splendiferous. Second, the hysterical and totally unexpected [spoiler]crustacean-in-the-seashell[/spoiler] gag--coming after [spoiler]Tsukasa's gorgeous daydream,[/spoiler] it almost bowled me out of my seat. Third, hair-clothed Kona-chan scampering around like a monkey. Fourth, her [spoiler]late-night scare[/spoiler] attempts. Fifth, the veiled puberty references. Sixth, Akira [spoiler]giving the finger[/spoiler] on Lucky Channel & groaning about otaku.

Plus mile-a-minute references to more than a few obscure (to me, anyway) live-action shows, commercials, etc.

~Dagger~

[COLOR=DarkOrange]NOTE: I do these posts origionally on megatokyo where a perverted nature is expected of all. Don't hurt me.

Okay! Lucky Star episode 6 watch and review time! Right off the bat, when the six of them are standing outside the cars, I remember every reason i love this show XD Konata-chan's outfit is 7 layers of awesome and Cousin yui and sensei look extremely awesome!

"He passed me...[I]bastard[/I]"=quote of the week. the entire [spoiler][B]Initial D [/B][/spoiler] parody was pure freaking awesome. that may have been one of the funiest scenes in the whole whow so far XD epecially when it shows those guys on the side of the road giving commentary. Amazing.

Swimsuits! Also, konata-chan's braided pony-tail is win. Kagamin's hair not so much... Tsukasa has the best swimsuit of the bunch though. Miyuki is dead to me >_<

Wow, sensei's boo--- and Yui is so cu-- and-- i love how sensei thinks Yui and she are single XD

Gotta love how konata freaks out at every anime-like situation. thing is, though, it gets tiring because of kagami. Every single thing kona-chan does, she's like 'why r u so excited?' and kona-chan always replies 'cuz it's like an anime'. Hasn't kagami caught up yet? Konata likes anime!!!

[spoiler]ZOMGNUDITYOMGYESOMGBEAUIFULOMG!!!!! 4lolisnakedtogetheroneplacebestthingever!!!!![/spoiler]

OMG the other 2 are there 2!!!!

Scene so long... so beautiful... so wonderful... oh.......

The look on Kona's face when the realized Kagami was [spoiler]looking to get hit on was priceless and oh my god their faces are touching![/spoiler] this is better than most of the porn ive seen for this series withouut even showing anything!

...and now thy're talking about... o_o... it's over. The feeling was just beaten and buried...

[spoiler]Also, konata totally wants to frisk Miyuki, I'm convinced XD[/spoiler]

The scene with [spoiler]Tsukasa in the water [/spoiler]was beautiful. I was getting all into it like 'wow... so deep' and then all of a sudden [spoiler]GAH!!!! A roach!!!! NO!!!! EWWW!!!!! T_T T_T T_T *is terrified of roaches*[/spoiler]

*pause* as of konata inside the house, her outfits just surpassed Kagami's in awesome.

Also, I think the animators are purposefuly hiding Tsukasa/Kgami's sisters until an episode where they will be fully expressed. Also, miyuki's mom is better than her XD

Lucky channel only gets better and better! [spoiler]I can't believe she throttled him! Then flipped off the camera!!! [/spoiler]This is by far the most extreme ep yet.

i didn't know the ed. Preview for next looks great. [/COLOR]

[URL=http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=luckystariminurbathhousbn6.jpg][IMG]http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6148/luckystariminurbathhousbn6.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[color=#4B0082]I saw this scene and I knew, immediately, that this had to be done. And thus I did it. . . . I don't really have much else to add to what you two have already said about episode 6, though. You guys covered just about everything.

I liked the scene with Konata, Kagami, and Tsukasa floating in the water, hanging off Konata's inner tube. It was cute without looking like it was trying to be cute, if you get what I mean. Nothing big, but it was a nice little touch.[/color]