OtakuBoards

Lucky Star

Dagger

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]ANN has a rather [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7222&page=22][u]long list[/u][/url] of the references made throughout the series if you're interested. [/color][/QUOTE]Thank you! I know I'm going to watch this show again when I get done. XD Printing out a copy of that to have on hand to understand the references will be fun. :catgirl:

Anyway, I finished episode twelve. XD Oh was that fun with Konata dragging Kagami and Tsukasa to her version of a festival. Hehe. Those poor girls, especially when Kagami stumbled upon that [spoiler]more revealing manga.[/spoiler] Poor girl, turning so red from embarrassment. Oh did I laugh at that! XD [/FONT]

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched too many of the anime episodes, but I have read more of the manga. I personally love anything in the comedy genre that makes me laugh. Serious mangas are so...serious...but I do enjoy a bit of depression in manga/anime form!:animesmil Anyway, I like Lucky Star a lot! Plus I am proud to have Konata's ability to cram and do well on a test! Sometimes I just don't study and still get good results.(My friend is probably glaring at this post right now...she hates it when I do that and wind up with a good grade.:animeswea AUGH! THE GLARE BUUURNS!!!):animecry:

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Wait... you have a pet name Crystia? *laughs uncontrollably*[/FONT][/QUOTE]*thwack* Brat.

Anyway, as for the references, I do have some of the anime they are alluding to. So you might find it fun to watch some of those shows to give it more meaning. Well once you're done watching Lucky Star that is. Heh. [/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]*thwack* Brat. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hehe. :catgirl:

Anyway, I just finished episode 15. What I loved best about this one was how Konata was worried about her father getting [spoiler]picked up by the police[/spoiler] for wearing a mask for his allergies. XD And all the April fools day lying? That was fantastic, especially the one the teacher pulled on Konata.

In the end the best part was where [spoiler] the teacher whacked Konata for being kind of a bit disrespectful when she thought the teacher wasn't around to hear her.[/spoiler] Hehe. I just laughed and laughed at that. [/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]And all the April fools day lying? That was fantastic, especially the one the teacher pulled on Konata. [/FONT][/QUOTE]My favorite was when Konata [spoiler]called Kagami and told her she had finished her homework... and Kagami [I]actually[/I] fell for it.[/spoiler] That was hilarious. And Tsukasa's attempt to get into the spirit of April's fools with her lie was too funny since she [spoiler]couldn't even think of a good lie.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Oh my... I just finished episodes seventeen and eighteen. XD I just laughed and laughed at how Konata was happy to be a [spoiler]legal adult and able to play adult games legally.[/spoiler] That was just too fun since she's been playing them all along. Hehe. And episode eighteen? Oh that Hiyori! I just giggled when Patricia found her sketchbook, greatly embarrassing her, especially when she got to the recent sketches of [spoiler]Minami and Yutaka together in a yuri pairing. [/spoiler]

Oh has this show been fun. XD Though I had to go and look up what [spoiler]yuri meant. [/spoiler] [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Oh that Hiyori! I just giggled when Patricia found her sketchbook, greatly embarrassing her, especially when she got to the recent sketches of [spoiler]Minami and Yutaka together in a yuri pairing. [/spoiler][/FONT][/QUOTE]It's been a while since I watched this show. I really should watch it again, I mean I have a little, but not far enough to where Hiyori is in the series. She's so wonderfully wacky and insane as well as fun to follow in the show. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I'd love to see a second season with her and the other new characters. The interaction between the group is just hilarious to see. Heh.

[FONT="Tahoma"]Every time I think I can't laugh more, this show proves me wrong. :catgirl: I'll break it down by episode, because that's less confusing to me. Hehe.

[U]Episode 19[/U]

Oh that Hiyori and her [spoiler]delusion[/spoiler] about Yutaka and Minami! I just utterly died laughing at that. And her reaction to Yutaka asking what [spoiler]yaoi[/spoiler] was? [I]Priceless[/I]. And The Lucky Channel was just as wacky as ever with the way Akira [spoiler] literally sent Shirashi off on a wilderness trip to obtain some water from a stream[/spoiler] there for her. She's such a brat! XD

And these new endings are fun. I mean ?[I]please feel free to turn the volume off[/I]? Hehe. And what was with all the bubble blowing and weird sound effects? :p

[U]Episode 20[/U]

I can?t help but laugh at how the subject of being [spoiler]flat-chested[/spoiler] keeps coming up for Minami. The way she just pats herself is too hilarious. And I love how Konata [I]always [/I]has an excuse or rationalization for [spoiler]not doing anything, [I]especially[/I] homework.[/spoiler] And as for the Lucky Channel? Oh my? Akira?s [spoiler]new assistant? [/spoiler] *laughs wildly*

I think I'm getting sad that I only have four more episodes left to watch. XP[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]I think I'm getting sad that I only have four more episodes left to watch. XP[/FONT][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I felt that way too when the series was nearing the end. But you can look forward to one of the best endings I've ever seen. :animesmil

And then there's always the option to watch it again later. Last October I did a marathon of the series and watched all twenty-four episodes in a single day. It was epic.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I finished it up earlier today... I loved how the Lucky Channel went absolutely insane in the end there... I mean... o_O Oh did I laugh over that. And Hiyori... XD The things that run through that woman's mind. Tee Hee!

>_> But now, even though I loved how it ended... I'm sad. I want more! I can see that I so need to watch it again. :catgirl:[/FONT]

I've seen about 22 of the Lucky Star episodes. I must say, I haven't laughed that good since I watched Azumanga Daioh. lol. I really love the fact that Aya Hirano plays Konata. Since she's Haruhi's voice actor, it just makes since. Konata and Haruhi are like long lost sisters...maybe Konata is the alien she's been searching for. X3 Anyway, there are many parodies throughout the whole anime, which make it really fun to watch. If you're an die-hard anime fan, you should have no problem finding these parodies, most are quite obvious. So, if you like funny high school randomness, or just anime itself, Lucky Star is worth checking out. It's cast of characters provides everyone with at least one favorite. I personaly like Tsukasa. ^^

[SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]I love lucky star mostly the opening song/dance thing :p I've only seen about 4 or5 episodes though:animeblus but i do like azumangadio (im bad @ spelling so sorry if I spelled it wrong:animeswea ) *im so stupid:animestun*:animedepr[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='pocky1300'][SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Blue"]I love lucky star mostly the opening song/dance thing [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]If you enjoy the opening, then you'll probably get a kick out of this, fair warning though, as silly and ditzy as it is. It's terribly addicting. XP

[CENTER][YOUTUBE="Lucky Star"]Dic_TIFv6mg[/YOUTUBE][/CENTER]

• 1 month later...
[color=#4B0082][url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-05/ova-for-yoshimizu-lucky-star-greenlit-in-japan][u]Moar Lucky Star![/u][/url] It's not a second TV series but an OAV is good too. More details are being announced on May 10, apparently. I hope it has the same cast and that KyoAni is animating it as well.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
I think this sums up what I think of that news Des.

[CENTER][IMG]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8473/konatawakuwaku1bw5.gif[/IMG][/CENTER]

So... any other news besides what you linked too? I've been looking around but I haven't seen anything yet.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Also, I forgot to mention that one of my friends picked up the first disk to this with the English dub. As soon as they finish with it, I'm going to borrow it and check it out to see if they did a good job or not.

[color=#4B0082]There was [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-08/original-staffers-plan-lucky-star-video-for-summer][u]another news article[/u][/url] that said the OAV will be released this summer and that the main staff from the TV series are returning to work on it. Good news, especially since summer isn't far off, but that's all I've heard so far. Now I'm curious about how long it will be.[/color]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]There was [url=http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-05-08/original-staffers-plan-lucky-star-video-for-summer][u]another news article[/u][/url] that said the OAV will be released this summer and that the main staff from the TV series are returning to work on it. Good news, especially since summer isn't far off, but that's all I've heard so far. Now I'm curious about how long it will be.[/color][/QUOTE]I'm always up for more Lucky Star. :catgirl: I'm curious about when the actual release date (like will it be June, July or August) will be as well as how long it will run. I was hoping they'd make a second season but this sounds like fun too.

Oh and I love that image you posted Darren... *saves it* Konata's so cute! [/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][B]EDIT:[/B] Also, I forgot to mention that one of my friends picked up the first disk to this with the English dub. As soon as they finish with it, I'm going to borrow it and check it out to see if they did a good job or not.[/QUOTE]

As far as I've seen...

[YOUTUBE="Dub Ad"]1smSoy-hWvc[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty good. Konata seems maybe just a little deep, but I like it better than Haruhi's VA. I'm a tiny bit disappointed that there's no translated version of the theme, since it's fun to see how a dubbing company interprets those. It's okay, though. The actual show looks like it translated decently enough.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Rachmaninoff'][B]EDIT:[/B] Also, I forgot to mention that one of my friends picked up the first disk to this with the English dub. As soon as they finish with it, I'm going to borrow it and check it out to see if they did a good job or not.[/QUOTE]My older sister got the first disk... as soon as she's done with it I'm going to borrow it and watch it since I'm really curious to see it. Lucky Star is one of the few animes where I saw the subtitled first so I'm wondering how that's going to work out. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']Konata seems maybe just a little deep, but I like it better than Haruhi's VA.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Wendee Lee voices both Haruhi and Konata in the dubs, just like Hirano Aya voices both in the originals.

Watching that trailer was weird for me. Not bad, really, just ... not right. Especially since I re-watched the entire series with subtitles over the last few days so I know exactly what those scenes sound like in Japanese. But at least the English voices fit the characters; Kagami's was the only one that sounded a bit off to me. I could probably stand watching the dub after getting used to it.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Wendee Lee voices both Haruhi and Konata in the dubs, just like Hirano Aya voices both in the originals.[/color][/QUOTE]

That's really weird. I guess I just can't seem to get used to her as Haruhi. Probably because I've seen Haruhi clips frequently before watching the actual show but not so much with Lucky Star.

Anyway, I've seen 2 episodes so far. My favorite part is still Lucky Channel. Fun show, this one.

[quote name='Aceburner']Anyway, I've seen 2 episodes so far. My favorite part is still Lucky Channel. Fun show, this one.[/QUOTE]Keep watching it then, trust me, the Lucky Channel goes absolutely insane near the end of the series. Plus in my opinion, the show just keeps getting better and better the further you get into it. I know I'm looking forward to seeing the OVA when it comes out. Oh and keep in mind... Konata is like a female version of Des... I am not kidding btw. Watching her in action is beyond hilarious.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Keep watching it then, trust me, the Lucky Channel goes absolutely insane near the end of the series.[/QUOTE]

Very good news. Looking forward to it.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Plus in my opinion, the show just keeps getting better and better the further you get into it.[/QUOTE]

I'm noticing this a lot. Episode 6 officially has me hooked.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I know I'm looking forward to seeing the OVA when it comes out. Oh and keep in mind... Konata is like a female version of Des... I am not kidding btw. Watching her in action is beyond hilarious.[/QUOTE]

She reminds me of me a lot, too. Minus the MMO's and Dating Sims, but yeah, Konata's pretty awesome.

Anyway, The real reason I'm here is to announce that less than a third of the way through episode 6, Cousin Yui became my uncontested favorite character. That chase scene... And she's a cop... I'm keeping with this series for sure now.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Oh and keep in mind... Konata is like a female version of Des... I am not kidding btw. Watching her in action is beyond hilarious.[/quote]Wait... what?!? o_O Oh my freakin' hell! *laughs wildly* XD

Aceburner, if you like Yuri, just wait until you meet Hiyori. Hehe. She's so utterly wacky and totally insane. The things that go through that girl's mind. Hehe. [/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Wait... what?!? o_O Oh my freakin' hell! *laughs wildly* XD [/FONT][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]ya rly. Some of the times where Konata pokes fun at Kagami mirror conversations between me and one of my friends almost exactly.

I went out and found myself some scanlations of the manga and started reading it. Only the first twenty chapters have been done so far (about 4/5 of volume 1 out of five volumes that have been released in Japan), though. I'm wondering if it'll get licensed in the US if the anime does well over here.

[center][img]http://img355.imageshack.us/img355/9803/miyukisenseimx0.jpg[/img]
[size=1]Miyuki, the source of all knowledge[/size][/center]
For the most part so far I'm finding that the anime is based scene-for-scene on the manga. Dialogue, characters' expressions, heck even camera angles, are nearly identical, though scenes aren't in exactly the same order. Of course, with Lucky Star being as awesome as it is, that's not such a bad thing. I've been laughing at the manga just as much as the anime.[/color]