OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Well that was fun to read. I rather liked people's reason's for choosing things. And I'm surprised that others found Eliana's death unexpected. Still I expected to only get the most annoying and whinny player award. I was expecting DB to sneak in a prank card to that effect. lol

Also upon reflection I have to agree with Sandy about the ruthless bit, indifference was extremely vicious. I thought we couldn't vote for her. lol Still I would have given SunfallE my vote, since she did clobber two of my characters with just one post. >_<

Also, congrats on the wacky death and the most brutal BKstyles. I mean I'm still getting the knee jerk reflection of WTF over the cat being sat on. Though the torched alive is more of a cringing over how painful that would be.

Also... [B]600[/B]th post! *snags*[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]lol, i actually seriously considered making a card that said 'whiny *****' on it or something and giving it to you, but after making that whole post I was pooped XD[/COLOR]

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]But yeah, Allamorph I had voted for you for best overall player, but SunfallE totally ate you up it seems ;P.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Hey, I didn't mind. She and I were playing with different objectives in mind, and she deserves it.

And I got most unexpected, which is what I wanted. :D I really had fun with that idea.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Also... 600th post! *snags*[/quote]
[center][IMG]http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs10/i/2006/117/7/2/_telekinese_2__by_Conuyaku.gif[/IMG][/center]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=Goldenrod']Or rather that would have been my first thought since letting a part of the Panopticon escape is just so meh. It just reeks of the standard cliched sequel so many horror flicks follow.[/COLOR][/quote]
Well, yeah. But ending with Mary would have been much too depressing.

Actually, I never thought of the EO as a part of the Panopticon. It occurred to me that she (which is what it ended up being) might have had an experience similar to Satasha's, and just been pulled from her body to wander the maze until further notice. That would have allowed æons for her to be trapped there, and by proxy she would have become intimately familiar with the Panopticon's inner workings and would have conceivably lost her original identity as well. The fact that she kept referring to the ESP entities as sentients ([I]"What does Inertiatic think it's doing?"[/I]) would thus have been a by-product of her having spent so many years/decades/centuries/millennia alone, with no one else to talk to; it's almost like the relationship between Tom Hanks' character and the volleyball "Wilson" in [I][U]Castaway[/U][/I], if you think about it.

Essentially, it's not so much that a part of the Panopticon escaped, but that the EO's story extended much father back than the scope of this game, and all of our characters aided a forgotten character from some game long past to finally escape.

Does that make sense?

And while I'm on the subject of the mind, I'd like to request a response from [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR]. Also, I'd like to broach the same subject to the rest of you.

I have one last inspiration remaining. It hit me during the fourth "chapter", and is essentially an footnote, not really connected to the game. The only thing I will say about it now is that it involves me directly, alongside that creepy guy who always speaks in Freefrm721 Blk BT, and whom [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] mistakenly assumed [I]was[/I] me.

I would like your collective permission (preferably unanimous) to post it here in the Underground as a kind of bonus. If you all would rather I didn't, then that's fine, and I'll abandon the concept; but I'd really like to show it to you.

...right.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkRed"][B]Sandy[/B]: The most in my book is... indifference! Although not technically a player, her traps were the most vicious things in the game.

(*DB snickers*)
(*DB starts to get creeped out*)
(*DB sighs in relief XD)
(*creeped out again?*)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]*bows* Though I was under the impression that I was not eligible for votes. Still I'm glad they were as vicious as I worked on making them.

Also... *looks at DB's snarky comments over her votes and smacks him*[quote name='SunfallE;782189][COLOR="goldenrod"]And though I?m happy to have gotten most ruthless, I have to admit that if I had realized we could vote for indifference she would have gotten my vote since I agree with Sandy, those posts were meaner than hell! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Heh, thanks again. Some of those posts got rewritten several times to make them as mean as possible. lol I enjoyed writting up Brittany's the best, but as far as follow up, I like BKstyles with Nadia the best. DB's follow ups sucked. :p After that I liked Rach's since he had the punishment do her in. Even if I'm of the opinion that the turrets wouldn't have had the force to literally blast Meredith back into the water. They were meant to torment and cause pain for staying out of the water. But since I like the death, I'll let it slide. [quote name='Rachmaninoff;782190]Also... [B]600[/B']th post! *snags*[/quote][CENTER]:modrod:[/CENTER][QUOTE=Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]I have one last inspiration remaining. It hit me during the fourth "chapter", and is essentially an footnote, not really connected to the game. The only thing I will say about it now is that it involves me directly, alongside that creepy guy who always speaks in Freefrm721 Blk BT, and whom [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] mistakenly assumed [I]was[/I] me.

I would like your collective permission (preferably unanimous) to post it here in the Underground as a kind of bonus. If you all would rather I didn't, then that's fine, and I'll abandon the concept; but I'd really like to show it to you.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Allamorph, as you once told Rach... (Just Post :p)

Anyway, fun stuff. Even if DB screwed up and failed to follow through with another role for me to play in this. (I kid :catgirl:) Personally I'm of the opinion that even if I rarely posted, those punishments really stood out in people's minds. Especially Allamorph's as all three of his characters got nailed and Rach's for being the idiot who triggered three of them. :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']
Also... [B]600[/B]th post! *snags*[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]$&#*%(@! ya fall asleep for a few hours and this is what happens! *throws stuff*

*ahem*.....*composes self*....

But yeah, I think Rach should get an honorary golden death card for "Most Hated By The In Game Characters" for getting three of em imprisoned :p.
[/font]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='BKstyles'][font=tahoma]But yeah, I think Rach should get an honorary golden death card for "Most Hated By The In Game Characters" for getting three of em imprisoned :p.[/font][/QUOTE]Actually I was thinking that this was more appropriate for both Rach and DB considering all that happened. And as DB put it remember...All winners recieve...

[CENTER][IMG]http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/9145/cardjo6.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

And since no votes are required, with out further delay...

[CENTER][IMG]http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/4537/worsthosthv5.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Winner... [/B]2007DigitalBoy!

[IMG]http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/9127/annoynv5.jpg[/IMG]

[B]Winner... [/B] Rachmaninoff!
[/CENTER]
And by the way... I claim dibs on writing up the punishments for those two. :p

[B]EDIT:[/B] Meh, I just realized that I spelled whiney wrong. No matter. You are still whiney Rach. :p And I'm too lazy to redo the graphic. Heh.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Allamorph;782374][FONT=Arial]Winner ... the Pooh.[/FONT][/QUOTE]No...That I would step on and crush long before it became a winner. Thank you very much. So no. [quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"']Either that or she loves horses. *waves innocently at Indifference*[/FONT][/quote]Actually it was unintentional, but I do like horses. :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Winner ... the Pooh.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]is i too late to change my choice for best underground post? That's the greatest thing evar.

Oh and also.... well, I guess this thread is ready to die. We should probably all stop posting here before we are grilled fo excessive spam XD[/COLOR]