OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

So, umm... Etamet wasn't Darren's character afterall? :/ I honestly thought the line Beth underlined meant that! That the user would have to revive their own character...

Oh well, he was [I]somebody[/I]'s character, at least. XP

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Sandy]So, umm... Etamet wasn't Darren's character afterall? :/ I honestly thought the line Beth underlined meant that! That the user would have to revive their own character...

Oh well, he was [I]somebody[/I]'s character, at least. XP[/QUOTE]Don't believe him Sandy. Darren's trying to make you think that Etamet is someone else's character. Like SunfallE said, the only way that would be true is if DB sucks at English and used the wrong word. lol [U]Their character[/U] means just that, you have to revive a character that is [U]yours[/U].

I do believe that's what's known as a bluff. One that I'm not buying. lol

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]Don't believe him Sandy. Darren's trying to make you think that Etamet is someone else's character. Like SunfallE said, the only what that would be true is if DB sucks at English and used the wrong word. lol [U]Their character[/U] means just that, you have to revive a character that is [U]yours[/U].

I do believe that's what's known as a bluff. One that I'm not buying. lol[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I cannot really speak on the matter myself. I can't remembe what my intentions would have been for the card, and it is true that I am not very good when it comes to writing this sort of thing. Thinking on it now, I think it would have been better to restrict it to that person's own characters, but ether Darren did so or not I cannot speak for.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]I cannot really speak on the matter myself. I can't remembe what my intentions would have been for the card, and it is true that I am not very good when it comes to writing this sort of thing. Thinking on it now, [U]I think it would have been better to restrict it to that person's own characters[/U'], but ether Darren did so or not I cannot speak for.[/COLOR][/quote]Makes no difference, since why would Darren revive someone else's character? I could see it if they had all three and were trying to divert attention, but seeing that only two were left when Etamet was revived that was not the case. It's simple logic, you don't win if your characters are dead.

I'm convinced that Etamet is Darren's character. :p

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]Makes no difference, since why would Darren revive someone else's character? I could see it if they had all three and were trying to divert attention, but seeing that only two were left when Etamet was revived that was not the case. It's simple logic, you don't win if your characters are dead.

I'm convinced that Etamet is Darren's character. :p[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]i wouldn't be all [i]too[/i] sure of my self there, buddy. I will tell you now, that boy's been a step or 2 ahead of everyone the greater portion of this game :p [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]i wouldn't be all [i]too[/i'] sure of my self there, buddy. I will tell you now, that boy's been a step or 2 ahead of everyone the greater portion of this game :p [/COLOR][/quote]DB, the more you step in, the more I'm convinced that Etamet is Darren's character. I know who owns Brittany or rather who use to own her before SunfallE played that card. lol And I'm pretty sure who owns Delita as well and it was not Darren. :p Though if I'm wrong you all can laugh at me later. I'm just saying. I don't buy it.

[COLOR=DarkRed]>_> meh. Everyone claims to know who everyones charactre is - I wouldn't be surprised if they did. With the number of strange cards that have been played, deductive reasoning should make it all rather easy. At this point, most of these characters have been killed by someone or other XD

oh, and if you were already absolutely convinced, how do you become more sure?[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']oh, and if you were already absolutely convinced, how do you become more sure?[/COLOR][/quote]I'd be willing to send you a list of who belongs to who so later no one can claim I was bluffing. :p I am that positive that I'm right! :D Especially since like BKstyles said, only the first chapter was completely shrouded in mystery.

[FONT=Arial]So, why is this important, again? Personally, I've spent much more time immersed in the story itself than I have worrying about who owns who, though I'll admit I also have my ... suspicions.

To [COLOR=DarkRed]Rachmaninoff[/COLOR] directly: ease up, man. Right now, you and [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] are pretty well tied for the most volatile players in this thread. If you think about the move, [COLOR=DarkRed]Darren[/COLOR] either revived E. because E. is his, or he revived E. in order to draw attention away from his own character. And if he's a major over-thinker, he may have revived his own character while betting that some people would see it as the distractionary tactic just mentioned, and so forth, and so on. The logic is cyclic, but bottom line is E.'s owner is still not definite.

I'd take my reasoning further on a few other fronts, but my lunch break is almost over, so I have to cut short here.

And, blast it all, [I][B]I[/B][/I] wanted to make post 500!!!! :mad: [/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]And, blast it all, [I][B]I[/B][/I'] wanted to make post 500!!!! :mad: [/FONT][/quote]It's not important. Honest, I'm just a bit hyper. And yeah... I was aiming for post 500 as well. >_< Though I'll settle down before the rest of you clobber me out of annoyance. :)

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]So, why is this important, again? Personally, I've spent much more time immersed in the story itself than I have worrying about who owns who, though I'll admit I also have my ... suspicions.

To [COLOR=DarkRed]Rachmaninoff[/COLOR] directly: ease up, man. Right now, you and [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] are pretty well tied for the most volatile players in this thread. If you think about the move, [COLOR=DarkRed]Darren[/COLOR] either revived E. because E. is his, or he revived E. in order to draw attention away from his own character. And if he's a major over-thinker, he may have revived his own character while betting that some people would see it as the distractionary tactic just mentioned, and so forth, and so on. The logic is cyclic, but bottom line is E.'s owner is still not definite.

I'd take my reasoning further on a few other fronts, but my lunch break is almost over, so I have to cut short here.

And, blast it all, [I][B]I[/B][/I] wanted to make post 500!!!! :mad: [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]I assure you it won't matter in the end ;p. We just gotta wait till the rest of the story plays out.[/font]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']So, why is this important, again? Personally, I've spent much more time immersed in the story itself than I have worrying about who owns who, though I'll admit I also have my ... suspicions. [/FONT][/quote]You know I have to pick on you right? ^_~ In addition to the story, half the fun is analyzing the others as to how they post, what they say in the underground thread, who they kill, etc.

For me putting the clues together to make guesses as to who owns which character is every bit as much fun as the story. :catgirl: It's part of the strategy and it's extremely fun and satisfying even if all you get is just one character right. I know that process played a huge role in deciding which characters to switch with my last card.

Anyway... Even if Rach and DB seem to be bouncing off the walls like hyper little kids. I assure you, I may not be posting but I feel the same way. After all the fuss and laughter, I'm pretty hyped myself to see the conclusion of this RPG. ^_~

I have to admit though, I would have loved to snag the 500th post as well. Heh. [/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod']You know I have to pick on you right? ^_~[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Ummm, yeah, sure....I suppose. (_^_)
[QUOTE][COLOR=Goldenrod]In addition to the story, half the fun is analyzing the others as to how they post, what they say in the underground thread, who they kill, etc.

For me putting the clues together to make guesses as to who owns which character is every bit as much fun as the story. :catgirl: It's part of the strategy and it's extremely fun and satisfying even if all you get is just one character right. I know that process played a huge role in deciding which characters to switch with my last card.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Oh, certainly. I haven't abandoned tactics, either. (Funny how [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] brought back both of the characters I Fated....) But I tire very easily of consciously scrutinizing people, probably since I am forever scrutinizing them [I]un[/I]consciously. If I had let that play as big a part in my gameplay as my better judgment told me I should have, I'd probably be pretty irritable as well right now. (I also might still have actually been in contention. Heh.)

As for you others:
[quote name='BKstyles][FONT=Tahoma']I assure you it won't matter in the end ;p.[/FONT][/quote]
[I]Yes it will!![/I] Claiming Post 500 is perhaps the biggest almost-prize this game.
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']And yeah... I was aiming for post 500 as well. >_<[/quote]
And you're making a face about it? You're the one who hit it, man! :D

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway....[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial']And you're making a face about it? You're the one who hit it, man! :D[/FONT][/quote]Well, yeah, but I was thinking this when I made that face last night:

*thoughts of the other players*

Hey guys don't you think that Rachmaninoff is:

Annoying - Argumentative - Disruptive -[B] Got post 500 [/B]

*evil pause at the last point*

Get him!

*end of silly guess as to others thoughts*

So basically, it hit that I had just jinxed myself since there are still four death cards to be played. Since I'm sure everyone has made their deliberations over which character is who's and such. Though that's silly upon reflection, after all everyone is in this to win. :)

Anyway... considering that there's going to be an after party with awards we just might get to 600 like you mentioned BKstyles... Also to be on topic.... So Sandy won't whack us with that mod rod, or indifference for that matter. [[SIZE=1]trust me, she's mean[/SIZE]]

Here's the list of the remaining characters:

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Oromis
Mary
Delilah
Delita
Brittany the cat![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Etamet - killed by Sandy [[B]Master of getting first blood[/B]] [/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff]Like SunfallE said, the only way that would be true is if DB sucks at English and used the wrong word. lol [U]Their character[/U] means just that, you have to revive a character that is [U]yours[/U'].[/quote]

As long as [U]my[/U] characters died in round 3. That's another assumption... If all of my characters died in round 2, I don't think it would disqualify me from using the card. After all, even in the description, DB said it was like a life card, and while no one has really been known to do it, it's very possible that they could have used the card on someone else's character...

What I mean by assumptions is that

BK used the shield card on Delita
Allamorph killed Cameron instead of Brittany
I cloned Etamet

And we know SunfallE doesn't have any left so, I won't mention her... That would mean (assuming that those three statements are true) that Oromis and Mary belongs to either Rachmaninoff and Sandy....

But this might not be the case: Perhaps Allamorph killed Cameron over Brittany simply because he like her more. Maybe I revived Etamet because the rest of my characters were gone in chapter 2 and I had no other choice. Maybe BK used it on Delita to throw us off... That coud mean that Mary or Oromis belongs to one of us...

Of course, I could just be pissed that Etamet died, and I could be blowing smoke, but I guess we'll find out at the end. :rolleyes:

Oh well, it's like Sandy said, "At least it was [I]someone's[/I] character."

[COLOR=goldenrod]*glares at Darren, Allamorph, BKstyles and Rachmaninoff while pulling out her Mod-Rod and other instruments of torture*

[[SIZE=1]the fact that I don't have instruments of torture is irrelevant[/SIZE]]

No more speculation! Start killing!

*pokes all of them*

No more waiting to see if someone else manages to kill a character for you... No more declaring someone is wrong about who owns who or that their logic is faulty because... Or coming back with the statement of I know I'm right... [B]Just do it!

[SIZE=4] KILL![/SIZE][/B]

*powers up her Mod-Rod and takes aim*

[spoiler]*dies laughing* And yes I know that makes 21, so shoot me![/spoiler][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'm with Sunfall, ya'll come on! There's only 5 posts left, wrap this thing up!!! I wanna see how it ends! there is no excuse for this much suspense!!! Anyway, I'm going to go develope the categories for the award show. Any suggestions beside the obvious, request here.

Edit: so far I've got these. Tell me which you like, which to dump

[B]Best Card
Best Chapter
Best Character
Best Overall Player
Best Post
Best Story Writer
Most Brutal Death
Most Brutal Imprisonment
Most Controverial Character
Most Ruthless Player
Most Sympathetic Character
Most Wacky Death
[/B][/COLOR]

Well, scariest player and ruthless are kinda the same right? Anyway, I would drop coolest card simply because it doesn't really pertain to any of the players so what's the point of giving an award away to a card??? And I alwasy thought we were going for most imprisonments, Most unexpected death, etc... I can't think of any other ones at the moment. And don't worry, I'll post. I just might not use my death card. :D

[quote name='Darren']Well, scariest player and ruthless are kinda the same right? [/quote]I'd say and I already know who's gonna get my vote for that one. Especially after that last post threatening to zap us with her mod rod. o_O

EDIT: We should vote for most cruel imprisonment. I mean those one's indifference wrote up were pretty damn mean.

If we do who caused the most... >_< That would be me.

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]I'm with Sunfall, ya'll come on! There's only 5 posts left, wrap this thing up!!! I wanna see how it ends! there is no excuse for this much suspense!!! Anyway, I'm going to go develope the categories for the award show. Any suggestions beside the obvious, request here.

Edit: so far I've got these. Tell me which you like, which to dump

[B]Best Card
Best Chapter
Best Character
Best Overall Player
Best Post
Best Story Writer
Most Brutal Death
Most Ruthless Player
Most Sympathetic Character
Most Wacky Death
Scariest Player[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]I agree with omitting Scariest Player, and toss in "Most Contraversial Character" and "Most Brutal Imprisonment". I shall deliberate over more and post a few ideas along with my main threat post sometime tomorrow. Once i finish this delicious slice of cheesecake i am enjoying, i will probably retire for the day :p.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']I agree with omitting Scariest Player, and toss in "Most Contraversial Character" and "Most Brutal Imprisonment". I shall deliberate over more and post a few ideas along with my main threat post sometime tomorrow. Once i finish this delicious slice of cheesecake i am enjoying, i will probably retire for the day :p.[/font][/quote]

[COLOR=Darkred]Both added. Also, screw cheesecake, posting is better than cheesecake![/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Darkred']Both added. Also, screw cheesecake, posting is better than cheesecake![/COLOR][/quote]

[font=tahoma]It's....not true! :animecry: *hugs his cheesecake only to realize afterwards that his shirt is covered in it*.....funga >.>

But yeah, I have decided that i think i'll go ahead and make a post anyway. For some reason I all of a sudden feel motivated.

[b]Edit[/b] - As it turns out that post will have to wait afterall, big thunderstorm just started up over here. My lights have been flickering so i fear for my comp. I'll get on it soon as i'm done with everything I need ta do in the morning tomorrow.[/font]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed][B]Most Ruthless Player[/B'][/COLOR][/quote]*[B]MINE[/B]*

>_> Hehe, if not at least I have that lovely quote in my signature. :catgirl:

As for awards... I'm thinking. [/COLOR]