OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Oh and Sandy, if you haven't used that card yet, I say we extend it a day and you use it to completely and totally clobber DB![/quote]
Haha, or we could just wait until tomorrow and then let me use the card! But, seriously, if DB doesn't have this posted by Tomorrow, I think it's safe to say that we'll [I]ALL[/I] clobber him!

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Darren]Haha, or we could just wait until tomorrow and then let me use the card! But, seriously, if DB doesn't have this posted by Tomorrow, I think it's safe to say that we'll [I]ALL[/I'] clobber him![/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]too bad it's up biyatch! I'm not doing the underground explanation till tomorrow though, I am ****ing BEAT. That **** took a toll on my very lifespan!!![/COLOR]

Well it's a good thing you decided not to bring Katar back... As I have experienced during the maze, it really pisses me off when the ones I kill (like Oromis) come back to life!!! Ah!!! God, that sucks...

But it was a very entertaining post. The pictures were very nice. I think I'll head off to bed as well. But good work DB. (and here I thought I would get a special birthday card and get to god-mod your ***)

I cuss a lot more than normal when I'm tired. I guess I could edit it, but I just don't want to. I can't even believe I'm still up when I can't remember the last time I was this tired... I'll save the rambling, (and any more curse words that I might say) and go to bed.

Thanks, in advance, to DB for making such an awesome RP... :sleep:

[COLOR=goldenrod]Just a heads up DB. I managed to clobber my right hand this morning and I discovered while typing up my post for Silver One that for the moment typing is very painful. >_< I may have to go see a doctor since my right thumb is swelling up like a balloon. And yeah, this happened only in the past few hours. :animesigh

So I might not be able to post for a couple of days since doing it with one hand takes forever. Sorry. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Darkred]Okay, so i'm having a hard time on how to decide the way the last round should be played. Because it happens that ther are 5 characters now remaining, there can only be 4 death cards, logically. Now, initially i thought this would be a boring way to end the game, so instead I was going to come up with some more complicated system for decision, but I think that would be wrong.

You guys have been playing along with the death card game and it should be a death card game till the end. i wasn't around for the labyrinth, so i don't know about getting rid of people in that, but the reaon i didn't want to deprive anyone of their death cards is because I wanted all 6 to be able to have fun in the last round.

The way I figure, though, everyone's going to have fun, regardless. As you guys said before, I'm the host, and I need to be responsible. The plans I concoct aren't always best for the game, and I often try to force my storyline on others. That's not right -- it's yall's game.

With the latest post in the main thread, it almost looks like that as well, but actualy that's what makes this last round so great. Basically, with the ghost machine system it works like the room system with slight differences. Rather than going through a door into the next area, the next area will simply suddenly appear.

With the place Brittany is at, i wanted to give an example of one major point of this round - a lot of the rooms are missing a key component. In this case, there was obviously no trap. Some rooms may have no way out or the way of deactiviating the trap may be inactive. The amount of time they are trapped in each room is up to you as well.

So basically, it's not that different from the rest of the game, just with a new layer of difficulty. Adding onto that, there's no definitive order to the groups, either It is perfectly possible that two people can be staning next to each other, only to both be swept up by seperate ghosts. Whether people remain reletavely grouped up or end up all over the place is up to you.

They cannot return to the infinite blackness - now that they are in a ghost, the only thing that can remove them is another ghost. Naturally, one of these ghosts is the exit.

As for the death cards, this was a difficult decision to make.

In light of the fact that she has no remaining characters and that she won't be able to post for a few days, [B]SunfallE [/B] will not be receiving a death card, and has officially lost the game. I am infinitely sorry.

As for the other death card, there was a drawing, and [B]Sandy [/B] will not be receiving a death card this round. He can still post, and he can still win, but he canot kill.

This round, the killings will start after each remaining player has posted. When there is only one player left, the ending will be delivered.

EDIT: I called Sandy she >_<[/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Darkred]In light of the fact that she has no remaining characters and that she won't be able to post for a few days, [B]SunfallE [/B] will not be receiving a death card, and has officially lost the game. I am infinitely sorry.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I only have one thing to say DB...Thanks ever so much for waiting for me to find out if I would be unable to type...lame...I said I might not be able to post, duh.

Best of luck everyone else, personally, I've lost interest in this at the moment anyway, so even though the quack gave me medicine that really helps a lot...I don't care.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]I only have one thing to say DB...Thanks ever so much for waiting for me to find out if I would be unable to type...lame...I said I might not be able to post, duh.

Best of luck everyone else, personally, I've lost interest in this at the moment anyway, so even though the quack gave me medicine that really helps a lot...I don't care.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]you had no characters regardless, I didnt know youd be incapacitated when I wrote the big post. You'dve been out anyway.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']you had no characters regardless, I didnt know youd be incapacitated when I wrote the big post. You'dve been out anyway.[/COLOR][/quote]DB, my biggest beef is that you keep changing your mind on how you're going to do things, that and I won't even get started on the post for this chapter. >_< Don't get me wrong it's been fun, but as a host...you've annoyed the hell out of me far too often.

And yeah I assume that means you do not want me to post in the final round. Which is fine, I already knew I lost once you screwed over two of my characters. Duh. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]DB, my biggest beef is that you keep changing your mind on how you're going to do things, that and I won't even get started on the post for this chapter. >_< Don't get me wrong it's been fun, but as a host...you've annoyed the hell out of me far too often.

And yeah I assume that means you do not want me to post in the final round. Which is fine, I already knew I lost once you screwed over two of my characters. Duh. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I didn't have any plans whatsoever going into any single part of this rp. I couldn't figure out how to do this last chapter in a way that made sense, so for once, I actually did what indifference suggested, more or less (revive 2, give 4 death cards). I can see why you would be pissed at me. Actually, if i'd known they were both yours, I wouldn't have done that. Until Ch 3 I had no idea who belonged to who, so I prolly ****** up in that respect more times tha I'd like to admit >_>

i honestly don't think you can totally blame me, since if it weren't for a certain card Lucia would prolly still be around, and that was totally at te whim of Rach in choosing you, and even then, he didn't choose your character exactly. I don't think I'm too blame for her death at all, nor Katar's, obviously. And besides, it's not like i'm the one who killed Sastasha -- hell, your characters lasted pretty damn long. I don't know why you think I screwed them over.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]I didn't have any plans whatsoever going into any single part of this rp. I couldn't figure out how to do this last chapter in a way that made sense, so for once, I actually did what indifference suggested, more or less (revive 2, give 4 death cards). I can see why you would be pissed at me. Actually, if i'd known they were both yours, I wouldn't have done that. Until Ch 3 I had no idea who belonged to who, so I prolly ****** up in that respect more times tha I'd like to admit >_>

i honestly don't think you can totally blame me, since if it weren't for a certain card Lucia would prolly still be around, and that was totally at te whim of Rach in choosing you, and even then, he didn't choose your character exactly. I don't think I'm too blame for her death at all, nor Katar's, obviously. And besides, it's not like i'm the one who killed Sastasha -- hell, your characters lasted pretty damn long. I don't know why you think I screwed them over.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I think it's pretty obvious that you speak before thinking DB. *pokes* And since everyone gave you their character info, how the hell can you say you didn't know who's character was who's? I mean[I] hello[/I]! You have the damn master sheet. It was your job to know!

And yeah, you screwed over a lot of characters DB, we already discussed this. By developing their characters the way you wanted them and throwing in sex. Yeah Delita playing with herself and such, I mean [I]hello[/I] there you went again. Honestly it's like you just can't post without some form of sexual reference in there. :animesigh

I tried to say nothing, but honestly, I've been feeling like pulling out and quitting since I read the last damn post.

There now that I've stated how I feel...I don't care if the rest of you think I should have said nothing. Because in the end, it just wouldn't be the Panopticon if we didn't have another fight in the underground thread. :animesigh That and I'm still mad. :animeangr

[COLOR=DarkRed] :animesigh as far as the character sheet goes, I just mixed them all up and posted them, but I never thought to keep up with who was who's. For CH3 I found all the pms, put all the names next to their owners and PMed it to myself. Every time a charcter died i erased the name and PMed it back.

As for the sex thing... argh... see, as I said before, sex and stuff means nothing to me. You act like it's some hideous taboo or something -- people have sex, people masturbate, it's human nature. I think it fits perfectly to Delita's character to have wanted to try it once, and I think it's perfectly logical that anyone who's that ****ing bored is gunna go for it. (BTW I left it totally ambiguous, but in my mind, Brittany was doing it as well.)

I need to take a class in sociality or something....

Also, rach, yes it's true, in the past 2 years i have neevr written any story that didn't involve sex at some point, swear to god. [/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]DB, some of your claims are pretty silly especially when you say you didn't know who belonged to who considering that you had to look over characters in order to approve of them upon submission. It seems like your trying to wiggle your way out of a logical explanation, rather than give one or simply admit you don't have one.

Also, SunfallE is not so childish to accuse you of screwing her characters over in terms of allowing them to be killed eaiser but rather the way you treat them is demeaning the established personalities of each one that we've developed throughout the chapters. Please don't misunderstand what she means.

Also in reference to you not really knowin how to start or run chapter 3, you could have consulted us. We are in the game together so surely you could have considered trusting us to give our advice on how we would like to play the game further. However, i'm also not saying that the original suggestion you based your method off of isn't good, but you could have enhanced it a bit by allowing those with no characters left a special role, or give them some sort of special card so they can feel like they would make a difference in the chapter as much as those who have death cards rather then not allow them to post.

I appreciate that you can admit that you havn't really had confident control the whole time through but there were many other ways of solving that issue. Also considering you've been improvising a lot here it isn't as if you have been doing all that terrible of a job, other members I have spoken to have also said this. However, you seem to be a little lazier now then you were earlier in the RP. Whether it's due to your new one being put up or just a general lack of interest, I do not know and i won't make any accusations.

In any case, we have reached the end chapter. Let's try to get through it so we can put some closure on the game. Back and forth arguments or accusations don't have to add to the buzz already in this thread. Everyone already has around 50+ posts in it (unconfirmed >.>), heh.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed] As for the sex thing... argh... see, as I said before, sex and stuff means nothing to me. You act like it's some hideous taboo or something -- people have sex, people masturbate, it's human nature. I think it fits perfectly to Delita's character to have wanted to try it once, and I think it's perfectly logical that anyone who's that ****ing bored is gunna go for it. (BTW I left it totally ambiguous, but in my mind, Brittany was doing it as well.)

I need to take a class in sociality or something....

Also, rach, yes it's true, in the past 2 years i have neevr written any story that didn't involve sex at some point, swear to god. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]No DB, it's not a taboo, and it is human culture...but God Damn if you haven't missed the point. Not everyone is obsessed with sex.

And if you say sex means nothing to you, honestly...that's just sad. And no it's not logical to think that if someone is bored that they'll do themselves. For once would you think with your brains instead of your, [SIZE=1]pardon the expression guys[/SIZE], BALLS!

Allamorph already said it once, but just because you would doesn't mean others would. And that's what I'm getting at here. You're posting what you want or what you would do instead of thinking about what the characters would do. :animesigh

[COLOR=DarkRed]Ah, BK, the voice of reason lol. In response to your comment about my knowlege of the characters, i already mentioned it above and I am dead serious about that.

In any event, for the whole chapter 4 thing, yes, I probably should have consulted you guys (I would right now if SunfallE hadn't pretty much given in her resignation >_<). I will note that my other rp has nothing to do with this, I haven't even started writing for it except a term list I made almost a week ago. Lack of interest isn't it either.

This round started with only 3 characters, and one of them was brought back by a clone card just before. My final decision was based on these factors.
1. I gave everyone a card for round 3 and Darren's was a clone card. If i simply brought back everyone else's characters right afterward, it would be cheap and his card would have practically been wasted.
2. Reviving 3 characters just doesn't sit well with me - all around it's unfair for the people's characters who actually survived.

As for Sunfall having nothing to do... i don't know what to say about that. I mean, it's too late now, but I don't know what I could've done. I did have an idea that I would have 5 characters left and give the 4 death cards randomely to any 4 people, meaning that the 2 without could have been anyone. But then that seemed once more unfair to the 3 who managed to survive. So i decided that whoever didn't have a character would be out, since that's been the rule in the other death card games, and then for the other I'd do a drwaing (Sandy was chosen)

I did have some other ideas. for one, I thought about making it so there would be some number of posts then indifference would decide who got to win, or maybe she'd come in every 5 posts and select someone to die, but that seemed to take to far from the very nature of the game, which is the death cards.

I used the simplest, easiest, most senseible method because I thought it would be the most safe, and there was no way I could **** up >_> I don't think I succeeded.

Now, in response to Rach: I don't think everyone is sex-obsessed, but for ****s sake if youre trapped in a void, you've been there for 2 days, you don't even think you're going to survive, then what the hell!! Put yourself in that position![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]In any event, for the whole chapter 4 thing, yes, I probably should have consulted you guys ([B]I would right now if SunfallE hadn't pretty much given in her resignation >_<[/B]). I will note that my other rp has nothing to do with this, I haven't even started writing for it except a term list I made almost a week ago. Lack of interest isn't it either.

As for Sunfall having nothing to do... i don't know what to say about that. I mean, it's too late now, but I don't know what I could've done. I did have an idea that I would have 5 characters left and give the 4 death cards randomely to any 4 people, meaning that the 2 without could have been anyone. But then that seemed once more unfair to the 3 who managed to survive. So i decided that whoever didn't have a character would be out, since that's been the rule in the other death card games, and then for the other I'd do a drwaing (Sandy was chosen)

Now, in response to Rach: I don't think everyone is sex-obsessed, but for ****s sake if youre trapped in a void, you've been there for 2 days, you don't even think you're going to survive, then what the hell!! Put yourself in that position![/COLOR][/QUOTE]Don't you dare try to pin the blame on SunfallE, you can still ask our advice, don't use her frustration as a means to not try. :animeangr Or as an excuse to say you can't. Honestly, even though I'm still in the game I'm tempted to smack you for that and leave.

And the fact that you decided to throw her out is exactly what she was talking about as far as losing interest. You stated in the beginning that everyone would be a part and then later when things go wrong due to mistakes in the planning, instead of fixing it you fell back on the other games and evicted her. So yeah, I'd be mad as hell too. I figured you were going to make up fun cards for them to use so they'd be part of the final round.

I was looking forward to the final round even if I didn't have characters! And now you've pretty much blown that out of the damn waters! Since I figured it would be funny as hell that others would be playing cards to mess things up even if they couldn't win. And you said that everyone would have a death card in the end. Getting to kill is what makes this damn game so much fun! So yeah, I'll say it again, don't try to blame SunfallE for [B]your[/B] mistakes.

And DB, say what you will, but plenty of people end up 'trapped' in real life and don't F themselves. They end up in despair that they are going to die or never get free. Duh!

[COLOR=DarkRed]>_> If I delete the post and redo it, will you accept it? It'l ltake me another day or so to change it up, but I want to know if everyone's willing to go along with it. if you've already lost trust in me to create a fun last round, then I won't bother, but if you're willing to let me I will redo this. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']>_> If I delete the post and redo it, will you accept it? It'l ltake me another day or so to change it up, but I want to know if everyone's willing to go along with it. if you've already lost trust in me to create a fun last round, then I won't bother, but if you're willing to let me I will redo this. [/COLOR][/quote]

[font=tahoma]I'd say simply allow SunfallE to post along with the rest of us, but you've already confirmed that she has no characters left. It probably isn't a big hindrance, but it does take away a bit. The way you portrayed the characters i'm sure is the least of the concerns atm, especially since it has happened before. The big point here is to make this last round worth all of our time. That's your job as a host. The simplest thing to do would be to award Sandy and SunfallE two special cards so they can mess around with the other characters without having death cards so they feel involved. If you don't feel as if you have enough time, i'll gladly PM you some ideas. But in any case, we should all be allowed to post regardless of who has characters.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']I'd say simply allow SunfallE to post along with the rest of us, but you've already confirmed that she has no characters left. It probably isn't a big hindrance, but it does take away a bit. The way you portrayed the characters i'm sure is the least of the concerns atm, especially since it has happened before. The big point here is to make this last round worth all of our time. That's your job as a host. The simplest thing to do would be to award Sandy and SunfallE two special cards so they can mess around with the other characters without having death cards so they feel involved. If you don't feel as if you have enough time, i'll gladly PM you some ideas. But in any case, we should all be allowed to post regardless of who has characters.[/font][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Alright, I'm fine with this idea - Sunfall, is there any chance you're willing to go with this, or it it too late?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']Alright, I'm fine with this idea - Sunfall, is there any chance you're willing to go with this, or it it too late?[/COLOR][/quote]If you want. I'm not so unreasonable to not accept a compromise as far as how you indicated the game would go from the beginning. So that works just fine.

And since you pretty much told everyone I have no characters left, I do want to say one thing. Darren [not Rach] was wondering why someone saved one of the poisoned characters...well it's simple...it cost me nothing to cure Sastasha, after all if I did nothing he would have died anyway.

Also, because the thought going through my mind was...[SIZE=3][B]NO FREEBIES![/B][/SIZE] I figured that if ya all wanted him dead it would cost ya all a death card! :p

Also, if I can't kill...*[B]pokes Allamorph and takes full credit for the fate deaths[/B]* There now that will mean in the end that I killed the most in this game! :D
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]If you want. I'm not so unreasonable to not accept a compromise as far as how you indicated the game would go from the beginning. So that works just fine.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed] :animecry: thank you so much. I've been relaoding Who's Online for 5 minutes crying over how there was no way you were going to accept it >_< Now I want to see what Rach thinks, and besides I haven't even heard from Allamorph or Sandy... they could both be totally pissed as well T_T[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed'] :animecry: thank you so much. I've been relaoding Who's Online for 5 minutes crying over how there was no way you were going to accept it >_< Now I want to see what Rach thinks, and besides I haven't even heard from Allamorph or Sandy... they could both be totally pissed as well T_T[/COLOR][/quote]I would have been surprised if she didn't, but then SunfallE's always been pretty reasonable since I've known her.

But yeah, that's a better solution. It's too bad that we know she has no characters since I think that takes away from the not knowing bit. But it's too late to fix that part. Still I like that better than tossing people out when it was originally stated at the beginning that all of us would be here in the end. So in the end I'm fine with it and even if you reposted, it's too late, we've all read it anyway. :animesigh So I say leave it and do the card deal for Sandy and SunfallE.

Oh and one other thing...No freebies? And taking the full credit for the fate deaths? o_O Damn if you aren't determined to be ruthless even without a death card SunfallE. You must be aiming for the award of most ruthless in the game when we have the award thingy when we are done. lol

[COLOR=DarkRed] :animecry: I LUV YOU GUYS!!! Okay, I'm ready to watch this chapter unfold! I can't wait! Also, yall are aloud to post whenever ya want yaknow ;)

The cards are being distributed as we speak - lets see this become one helluva last round for one bloody helluva rp, right?![/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed'] :animecry: thank you so much. I've been relaoding Who's Online for 5 minutes crying over how there was no way you were going to accept it >_< Now I want to see what Rach thinks, and besides I haven't even heard from Allamorph or Sandy... they could both be totally pissed as well T_T[/COLOR][/quote]

I'm not pissed off, just disappointed, DB. :/

Your management of this final chapter seems so... illogical. I didn't have any characters left either, yet you brought mine alive and not Sunfall's?

Also, having a character yet not a Death Card is as good as nothing. Why would [I]anybody[/I] let my character live if their's was still alive?

Sigh... I hope you redo the starting post of this chapter, [I]from the scratch[/I]. It's overly long, overly dominating to the story and has a confusing construction. Just think of a way that all of us few remaining players could still be involved with it, okay?

[QUOTE=Sandy]I'm not pissed off, just disappointed, DB. :/

Your management of this final chapter seems so... illogical. I didn't have any characters left either, yet you brought mine alive and not Sunfall's?

Also, having a character yet not a Death Card is as good as nothing. Why would [I]anybody[/I] let my character live if their's was still alive?

Sigh... I hope you redo the starting post of this chapter, [I]from the scratch[/I]. It's overly long, overly dominating to the story and has a confusing construction. Just think of a way that all of us few remaining players could still be involved with it, okay?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed] :animesigh I changed my mind. I hate you all and I'm going to go blow myself up < /jk > but seriously... ouch... what now?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed'] :animesigh I changed my mind. I hate you all and I'm going to go blow myself up < /jk > but seriously... ouch... what now?[/COLOR][/quote]I've already resigned myself to not killing. Just revive one of mine, I don't care if the others know, Katar would do since people would want him dead anyway. Though if you do that and I have no death card...Then I say Sandy shouldn't get special cards like I did. :p Though he'd get a death card and we'd have to wait for everyone to post once before killing like you mentioned DB. After all I'd need time to use my card and mess with everyone before the killing began. lol

[B]EDIT:[/B] On reflection, it probably would be better to revive someone else's character instead of mine. lol Then someone would *gasp* have two characters![/COLOR]