OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

[center]
[/center]
[COLOR=DarkRed][center][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/thepanopticonheader.jpg[/IMG]

[B]The Panopticon Underground[/B][/center]

I am going to assume that you have read the opening post of the thread in the Arena before this one, and if you haven’t, go do so before reading this.

As you can see, because having 30 characters in one group is simply crazy, I split it up into three separate groups. Each one has 10 pre-selected characters, though you don’t have to start them all off the same way group two started. I would prefer that the characters still see the video, but they can be in any sort of room you so desire (whichever two get to them first.) I’m not sure how your characters have been split up - the groups were chosen at complete random and the list was organized in a way that matches so that it is less confusing. For at least the first chapter, you should be able to reference the lists in the first post to find out where everyone is.

Now, as you all know, in this game you can basically do whatever your sick imagination wants to, though there are some limitations that we are going to start with. First of all, the most important card in the game -- the all-important Death Card.

[center][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/deathcardpanopticon.jpg[/IMG][/center]

Each round, each of you will receive one death card which you can use to kill whoever you so desire in whatever way you feel like. There are some restrictions for this chapter, though. Firstly, a character cannot be killed until they have been introduced. A character can be introduced by posting about them, basically, kind of like I just did with Moatilliata Graden. Also, no death cards can be used until each participant has posted once. If one of you nine hasn’t posted in 6 days, you will be stripped of your death card, all three of your characters will be erased, you will be removed from the game, and the killing will begin.

Also, in the video/paragraph I mentioned the ‘penalties’ for not following the CCC’s orders. As discussed in the sign-up thread, I will not tolerate poor post quality. The sign-ups being extremely brief left me with no chance to examine your skill, so I accepted everyone. If I am disappointed, your death cards will be take, your characters will be erased, you will be removed from the game, and play will continue.

Here, I would also like to explain the first of many secret cards that will be used in this game. In the Maze, it was lightly touched on that there was some sort of rule system that was kept hidden from the contestants but they were being forced to follow. The same applies for the Panopticon. I have a secret list of things that, when performed by a character, will cause the Panopticon to react.

[center][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/imprisonpanopticon.jpg[/IMG][/center]

When a character is imprisoned, they will go into a sort of solitary confinement. There will be a set, real-time amount of time in which they will remain imprisoned. During that time, they will be subject to various psychological or physical correctional activities. When a character is imprisoned, they cannot be moved from their confinement until their sentence is over. It is possible for them to be killed while in confinement.

Do not ask me about the hidden rules. I will not tell you anything.[/COLOR]

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#DAA520][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']When a character is imprisoned, they will go into a sort of solitary confinement. There will be a set, real-time amount of time in which they will remain imprisoned. During that time, they will be subject to various psychological or physical correctional activities. When a character is imprisoned, they cannot be moved from their confinement until their sentence is over. It is possible for them to be killed while in confinement.[/COLOR][/quote]Well it's too late for me to be awake enough for a post, but definitely for a question. When you talk about psychological or physical correctional activities, is that something you will define when a character is imprisoned or will it be something that we will be allowed to make up?

Anyway, I'll be back with a post after I've gotten some sleep. ^_~ And then the fun of keeping track of thirty characters will set in. Good thing we'll have those death cards to start thinning the numbers down with! Once everyone posts first that is. [/COLOR]

OMG, that video was so [I]kitsch[/I]! XD I could even hear you rustling a paper near the ending, DB!

Nice beginning, though. The amount of characters is overwhelming, but it's obvious that some characters are instantaneously more interesting than others.

This'll be a blast, I'm sure... ;D

PS. With this many characters, I don't think Life Cards are needed for a long time...

[FONT=Tahoma]Ha, that was a pretty sweet vid DB. Certainly set up the feel. I'll make a post a little later on, good to see it up and running. Plus, OMG @ amount of characters :animestun. I agree with Sandy too, a lot of characters do stand out from the giant roster.

[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I'm glad the video was well-received! It was the biggest pain in the *** of all time, lol. I had to record it on my brother's mac, import it via disk to my mom's computer, the original video didn't work, I downloaded a trial of DivX and created the video, synched it to the soundclip, and then waited for all the sign ups so that I could complete the sideshow. Not easy, but I really love how it turned out. Voice masking FTW.

As for the imprisonment cards, it will kinda be a dual effort. The way I figure it is... well here's an example for you...

___

[CENTER][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/blackswordanime.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/imprisonpanopticon.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]

Just then, Deoky suddenly disappeared. Clavis stood there, stunned as his blow soared through the open air where moments ago the dark lord had stood.

"Deoky Shilos. You have acted in a way that the CCC finds to be against their rules. For your crime, you will face a punishment of the Panopticon." These words came into Deoky's mind as he seemed to float in the middle of a nothing space. "Your sentence will last 95 hours by the CCC's time. For your crime, you will face trial 43."

The open space surrounding Deoky suddenly was closed off as he appeared wihin a room. Deoky examined the area quickly, but there seemed to be nothing around. Suddenly, a lound thunk came from the wall, and before Deoky could react, four wooden stakes shot forth. instantly they connected with his arms and legs, blowing him back and piercing him against the wall. Deoky cried out as he was crucified against the wall.

No matter how he struggled to use his powers, his attempts were fruitless. A surging pain was radiating through him, and he couldn't even move against it. After an hour of stuggling, the overloard hung his head and breathed steadily. The words '95 hours' floated through his head."

__

So yeah, I will sort of specify where they are and the length of their sentence, but you can do whatever you want to the imprisoned character. For instance, lets say his bones have become weak, his arms might end up falling, and the stakes could rip right through, possibly tearing his arms off. As a result, he'd probably fall to the ground, tearing off his feet by the ankles. If you want, you could even make more stuff happen, like maybe he's on the wall and then spiders start flooding the room and crawling all over him. At that point, I think somebody would off him. Maybe he goes mad and just tears his own head off.

It's all up to you :) the imprison card isn't really about tactics - it's just a way of throwing a fun little twist in.

__

Now, as for the sheer amount of characters, it's true that it seems OMG at the moment. This is part of why there's three groups, though, because each individual group has even less characters than the maze. With nine death-card holders and the possibility of characters being erased, though, it could be down to like 16 by the end of round one, lol. As said before, this game plans on being longer and I have all these cards I'm ready to hand out, so it should work out okay. By the time we widdle down the list, stuff will be really intense.

i agree that certain characters are much cooler than others, lol. I can't believe there were so many assassins -- I was laughing about it, and decided to put most of them in the same group. I'd like to see how that turns out, heh.[/COLOR]

Well when you said video, I had no idea what you were referring to, but that was not it. lol I tried to not laugh at it but I couldn't help it. :p That was a fun idea. And it certainly helped to set the tone for the game.

Also, since I worked with two characters in my post does that mean they are both introduced? Or only the one I mainly focused on?

I made my post. And just so there's no confusion as to who has been introduced, I put a picture of Alcuin at the top...

But I am also facing the same problem as Rachmaninoff: I don't know if I should count everyone that I mentioned as being introduced or if it's just Alcuin? Let me know so I will know if I need to change the pictures.

Also, If you would prefer for me to not use pictures at all, then I can take Alcuin's off the top of my post.

[COLOR=#DAA520]Alright, first post is up. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's now thinking, [I]oh I bet this character belongs to this person [/I]and so on. But what I'm really looking forward to is when someone accidentally does something on '[I]the list[/I]' and gets clobbered by CCC! Hehe, I liked your example with Deoky, since I followed along with the Maze and he was one sick and evil bastard. lol If anyone deserves punishment it would have been him. ^_~ [spoiler] And I loved how Sandy killed him too. [/spoiler]

Anyway, I hope you post what that list is once the game is done and over with, like Rach did where he posted about everything for each round and how he made his decisions and such. That was fun to read too. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]lol, yeah I always use Deoky as an example cuz I loved my other characters too luch. Anyway, in the Maze I believe it was only considered an introduction is it was the main guy in your post, so I'm sticking to that idea.

And I'll surely posst the list afterward. I only hope someone runs into one of the 8 rules, so I can implement the punishment, heh.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed'] I only hope someone runs into one of the 8 rules, so I can implement the punishment, heh.[/COLOR][/quote]Only eight? lol And here I was thinking you had dozens of ways for the characters to get nailed. Though I suppose it would be a problem if everyone got imprisoned.

Anyway, since there are so many characters I posted again to get another intro done. I don't suppose you could edit the first page with a list of characters that you consider to be introduced? Since with so many of them, it's going to become tricky keeping track of who has actually been introduced. If it helps I have now introduced:

Lucia Travera - Group One
Uriel Blaine - Group Three

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Only eight? lol And here I was thinking you had dozens of ways for the characters to get nailed. Though I suppose it would be a problem if everyone got imprisoned.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I have no doubt that eight will be plenty. After all, I feel [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] quite capable of interpreting the eight rules so as to best . . . amuse himself. Am I right?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]I have no doubt that eight will be plenty. After all, I feel [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR'] quite capable of interpreting the eight rules so as to best . . . amuse himself. Am I right?[/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]As I just told Rach via PM, I promise it will be a major surprise when it happens. The only hint I will give is that all of them are things considered worthless toward their survival and/or endangering toward it. More specifically, things that a utopian society would not allow.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]I have no doubt that eight will be plenty. After all, I feel [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR] quite capable of interpreting the eight rules so as to best . . . amuse himself. Am I right?[/FONT][/QUOTE]I stand corrected, put in that prospective, it is now [I]crystal clear[/I] that eight is more than enough. lol[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']I promise it will be a major surprise when it happens. The only hint I will give is that all of them are things considered worthless toward their survival and/or endangering toward it. More specifically, things that a utopian society would not allow.[/COLOR][/quote]A surprise that I am looking forward to. ;) After all I enjoyed surprising you guys the last time. Utopian huh? Hmmm... that leaves it open to be quite a few things then. Either way should be fun.

[COLOR=DarkRed]>_< Damn! Me and Allamorph same time post! And thank god for his post, too, because we had both introduced the same person, only i had mistakenly called him a girl throughout my entire post! I had to go back and edit the whole thing XD

Luckily, though, his is set before mine - but they both give him a completely diffrerent personality (namely because I thought he was a girl >_<) So I'm not sure how to handle it... maybe he was really confident at first, but then suddenly turned into a complete wuss once he stepped inside? I get the feeling Allamorph was trying to make him a psychopath or something, though, while I was making [i]her[/i] a less than confident unprofessional young assassin.

this is what i get for watching Kite >_<

EDIT: I decided to chalk it down to the CCC ****ing with them ^^;;[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']So I'm not sure how to handle it... maybe he was really confident at first, but then suddenly turned into a complete wuss once he stepped inside?[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Well, we could pretend he's schizoid. That's always fun.

Let's see. . .a bipolar fifteen-year-old elvish assassin who's having gender clarification issues. It's almost like Saya from Blood+, but with random bouts of testosterone. Yee-haw.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Well, we could pretend he's schizoid. That's always fun.

Let's see. . .a bipolar fifteen-year-old elvish assassin who's having gender clarification issues. It's almost like Saya from Blood+, but with random bouts of testosterone. Yee-haw.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Yes! That is what we shall go with! he has MPD and is crazy ****** up. Sometimes he's a wuss, but when he gets in the mood, he's an emotionless psychopathical killing machine. This would also explain why he can't figure out why he's so scared.

Now someone just needs to make him gay and he'll be the most interesting character ever lol. (and naturally, we'll end up with one half of his personality [spoiler]sexually assaulting[/spoiler] the other, lol)

cut, print, that's a wrap. Beautiful idea, Allamorph.[/COLOR]

I went and re-read all of the posts and I'm back with an extensive list of Who's been introduced and what-not... It may get confusing, but I felt like going more in depth so everyone could get equal personality development. From what I understand of the rules, only one person can be introduced in a post, and only those who are introduced can be killed, so here 'goes:

[SIZE=3][U]INTRODUCED[/U][/SIZE]
Moatillata Graden
Katar Dakit
Desmond Sykes
Lucia Travera
Alcuin no Prideaux
Elaina Cedes
Claire Montoya
Uriel Blaire
Kayrel Malone
Mary Winters
Angela Godspeed
Meredith Taylor

[SIZE=3][U]MENTIONED[/U][/SIZE]
Oromis Tu'wail
Brittany Cossentine
Etamet
Dafine Hecata
Penny Archess
Delita Lytle
Serena Scarlatti
Marcus Fenix
Marius Stratums
Julian Marx
Lillathica
Eloris Renten

[SIZE=3][U]DESCRIBED[/U][/SIZE]
Delilah Rousseau
Sastasha Sandares
Damien Legion
Shilos Krieger

[SIZE=3][U]NONE[/U][/SIZE]
Nadia Dylenda
Merik Jeffers

The first two lists are pretty accurate simply because I assumed that the introduced character was through their point of view and any menioned characters were the one's who gave their names. The described ones are a bit harder to undertake because it required me to scroll back up and look at pictures to match with description and also occupations to match with the text. I believe that Delilah Rouseau was described by BK, and the other three were described in DB's last post. The final list is of the two that has had no mention at all from what I can tell. They haven't had a description of pionty ears or white hair so I just assumed that no one has undertaken their personality yet. However the last two lists were hard to decipher since I wasn't the one posting, so naturally if there are any mistakes here, just tell me and I can change it. Besides, I have a feeling that I've read soemthing about Merik, but I didn't see it when I skimmed through the posts. Call me lazy, I didn't feel like going over it again for one character.

So far, it looks like 12 characters can be killed until more are introduced. Also, I believe that the only two we're waiting on to post is HellsMinion and Soliel... Once they post, we can attack all the introduced characters... I CAN'T WAIT!!!

[COLOR=DarkRed]Beautiful lists, Darren! I was going to do it later, but your list is far more comprehensive! I'm impressed!

i hope you won't simply all use your death cards one after another, but I guess it won't be too much of a problem since we're right near the beginning, and it's not like every single little bastard needs to be important, lol. I'd like it if we continue posting while waiting for the others, though. After all, if we have most of the characters introduced by the time the killing starts, we'll be able to tear through whoever we want - 'tis why I've been trying to get a lot of posts in :animestun

in any event, if wither of them doesn't post by the deadline, all their guys will be fried, so i guess they beter hurry up. I'm impressed how almost all of you jumped right on it :animesmil This game is going to be both long [i]and[/i] fast-moving then.[/COLOR]

I have one thing I'm confused about and that's with Prem's lastest post. I thought that 2007DigitalBoy trapped all of group two in a room full of blood that they escaped, but Prem wrote as if Desmond was off by himself. So how did that happen? I missed the post where he went off by himself. So if someone could clear that up for me I'd appreciate it.

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=DarkRed']Are we able to sacrifice characters for others? I just want to know, because I might just make Desmond scrifice himself for Brittany.[/COLOR][/quote]

That's the charm of this game: you can do [I]anything[/I] your imagination comes up with. You can't however kill any of the characters without a Death Card, I hope that part is clear to you by now... :/

I for one am hoping we get to the slaughtering part already, these masses of characters just scream to be harvested! Mwah! >;D

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I have one thing I'm confused about and that's with Prem's lastest post. I thought that 2007DigitalBoy trapped all of group two in a room full of blood that they escaped, but Prem wrote as if Desmond was off by himself. So how did that happen? I missed the post where he went off by himself. So if someone could clear that up for me I'd appreciate it.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Well that's one fine tizzy I've gotten into!

Desmond was behind the group because he didn't think much of himself. maybe I should edt that in, no, I will edit that in. Sorry for the confusion [B]Rach[/B]![/COLOR]
[COLOR=Orange]
Great enthusiasm [B]Sandy[/B]! : D[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]EVERYONE - please ignore prem's latest post anbout desmond liking Brittany. Prem, erase that abomination and try again - that's your first warning, an dI only play 2 strikes.

EDIT: Alright, it's been deleted and replaced. Cause more confusion, though, and I think you'll be getting a visit from the CCC![/COLOR]