OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

[color=green]Wow! I go to work, and all the drama breaks out. I think I'm all caught up now. Prem's out, four charaters got killed and one more got imprissioned. That's alot for 24 hours. I should have my post up by later tonight; sorry for not posting more :animeswea [/color]

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad some of you liked my posts, I didn't really mean to make him to powerful I was trying to think of a way to get them down the cliff really fast and it was like 2 in the morning so it was the best i could come up with at the time. But if you like I will try to not make the characters to powerful.

Nice job with the golem killing Marias I was going to have it come back later if I got a chance to. Its like you were reading my mind and knew what I wanted to happen there.I never thought people would have this much fun with the golem though.

[quote name='Soliel][color=green']Wow! I go to work, and all the drama breaks out. I think I'm all caught up now. Prem's out, four charaters got killed and one more got imprissioned. That's alot for 24 hours. I should have my post up by later tonight; sorry for not posting more :animeswea [/color][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Don't worry about it. I', always glad when it cools down cuz i don't feel like I have to dp 20,000 things all at once for it, lol. Sheer boredom produced that list of attitudes, and now that little art.com vid i put in my last post, lol. Every time I get on a kick, I put on the album [B]Panopticon [/B] by [B]Isis [/B] and go crazy (yes, I learned about the Panopticon researching the album, and was interested from there).[/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520']One other thing, Explain yourself Allamorph! :p Since 'picaune' doesn't come up as a word and it doesn't register in the online dictionary.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Grr. I lose.

[indent][B]picayune[/B], [I]adj., n. [B]?adj.[/B][/I] small; petty; mean; paltry: [I]picayune criticism. My accent was excellent, but my vocabulary picayune[/I] (Atlantic).[/indent]

So I misspell a word occasionally. :animeangr Rats.

And for my explanation: I was saying that my comment was picayune. I dislike ragging on people over and over like that, especially over trivial matters. The elvish bit was just because I found it mildly entertaining that Kayrel's messed up [I]and[/I] Nadia's assailants are pervs. Hee hee.

And speaking of criticism, have you ever heard of the constructive type, [COLOR=DarkRed]DB[/COLOR]? I find it works better than does pummeling one's colleague when they don't meet up with [U]your[/U] expectations.

I'll put something up tomorrow morning after I get off work. Cheers![/FONT]

I'm sorry, but this game is a mess. People don't seem to be following the characters' actions and motives and personalities, and the locations switch without a mention. Where's the consistency, guys? Is this game [I]too[/I] much for us to handle?

I think we all should try to stay more focused, so that this game won't take a dive to the dumpster. :/

Again, sorry to sound a sour-pus, but I wish I could find this game more enjoyable. Maybe it will be, after we get rid of all the dead-weight characters...

[QUOTE=Sandy]I'm sorry, but this game is a mess. People don't seem to be following the characters' actions and motives and personalities, and the locations switch without a mention. Where's the consistency, guys? Is this game [I]too[/I] much for us to handle?

I think we all should try to stay more focused, so that this game won't take a dive to the dumpster. :/

Again, sorry to sound a sour-pus, but I wish I could find this game more enjoyable. Maybe it will be, after we get rid of all the dead-weight characters...[/QUOTE]Sandy! Generalizations like that are useless! You're essentially accusing everyone of being a mess and lacking consistency! :animesigh How about some examples? I'll use SunfallE as one, perhaps you feel like she didn't describe the underground cavern well enough, or the metal room where Claire died? If so can't you just say hey SunfallE, could you describe it better? [And by the way that was just an example]

But seriously, we can't read your mind so would it be [I]TOO [/I]much for you to be clearer? And in case you've forgotten, in the Maze, people weren't consistent with characters personalities at all. Eflair was weak and timid and others turned her in to far more later on. I can't imagine someone's personality being 'consistent' in a situation like they are in.

So yeah, there's my two cents on it. Not that I don't think you have a valid compliant Sandy, but without some direction it comes across as[I] all of you suck[/I] instead of being helpful.

Oh and for the record, other than Prem's posts, I haven't had any trouble keeping up. *sigh* And one other thing, I do think that thirty characters was just a bit too much to keep track of with everyone being able to control them.

[color=green]Okay, I've posted. Hope I did everything right with using my Death Card, but I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of this game :animesmil . Well, I'm off to bed. I'll try my best to post once a day, or once every other day at the bare minimum, from now on.[/color]

[FONT=Tahoma]I think if there is any confusion, it more than likely stems from the size of the roster. There's so many people to try to include in each group's paths that it may seem easy to lose track of what's going on. Personally, I've been able to follow along well enough and while it probably isn't [i]as[/i] organized as it could be, I wouldn't really go as far as to saying it's a total mess.

Things should get a little better once the first round is over with and we lose some characters, so if anyone is feeling a little behind or out of the loop, just hang in there.[/FONT]

[COLOR=#DAA520][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Grr. I lose.

[indent][B]picayune[/B], [I]adj., n. [B]?adj.[/B][/I] small; petty; mean; paltry: [I]picayune criticism. My accent was excellent, but my vocabulary picayune[/I] (Atlantic).[/indent]

So I misspell a word occasionally. :animeangr Rats.

And for my explanation: I was saying that my comment was picayune. I dislike ragging on people over and over like that, especially over trivial matters. [B]The elvish bit was just because I found it mildly entertaining that Kayrel's messed up [I]and[/I] Nadia's assailants are pervs. [/B] Hee hee.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I thought that was what you meant. ^_~ But I wanted to be sure since I couldn't find the word. As for the part I highlighted. I agree. Hehe.

Anyway as for your complaint Sandy...I'm in complete agreement with BKstyles. The posts aren't what's confusing, its the sheer number of characters. Especially with everyone being able to control them. It's kind of unrealistic to expect everyone to keep all of it perfectly matched. >_<

Once the number of characters gets thinned out things will get easier. And to be blunt, it doesn't seem all that disorganized, at least now that other issues were ironed out. It's just a bit busy, something that the death cards will fix soon enough.

*tosses popcorn at Sandy* [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Darren, I LOVE what you did with Meredith! [strike]She better survive, dammit! >_<[/strike'][/COLOR][/quote]
Thank you... A lot of heart went into that one... hehe, I really didn't like where Claire and Katar's personalities went after the first couple of posts, and since Meredith seemed most likely to slit their throats, I just bonded with her developed her personality a little more.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Try reading everyone's posts, not everyone had a problem with HellsMinions post, only that we thought part of it was a bit unbelievable and SunfallE didn't even mention him at all. Also...Premonition is not a newbie their user profile shows that they've been different names since they joined on 06-14-2006: Ålpha-Æpsilon, Split Keyblader, ForgotteÑ-HerÖ... Maybe new to RPG's but not a newbie... :animesigh[/quote]
Whoa there, tiger! :animeswea What's with the hostility? I didn't mean to offend; it was simply a comment... But just so you know, I do read every post before I make a reply unless I'm really pinned down on time. (which I wasn't) And when I said everybody, obviously I wasn't meaning [I]everybody[/I] since we have 10 players, and two aren't going to be posting about themselves... The only ones who even had a chance to say something were Sandy, Allamorph, Rachmaninoff, SunfallE, DB, and myself... Soliel and BK hadn't posted so yes, it was exaggerated. :animeangr

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520]@Darren: Uh, by the way, I didn't say a word about Hell's posts and asking Prem to branch out wasn't an attack but a request. lol

I guess it doesn't matter since 2007DigitalBoy booted him out anyway. Still it's a shame it had to come to that. :animesigh [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
:animestun And obviously when I said everyone was "attacking the newbs" I wasn't implying that you were all being offensive... Sometimes my debate terms come to mind when I'm replying in these threads and your requst falls under constructive criticism. In my debates, that would be considered a Kritik, which is also an attack... But of course I won't try and explain that to you since you schooled me in the debate portion of OB Survivor. :animesigh

Also, I dind't mean to imply that everyone was being mean to both Prem and HellsMinion. What was I supposed to do? Make a list of the people who had a problem with Prem and a list of those who had one with HellsMinion???

Nobody understands me! :animecry: Too much tension. This is supposed to be fun... Hopefully without the constant requests to correct Premp's posts, we can get back to the joy and love remniscant of The Labyrinth and Maze... lol (joy and love)

But addressing Prem: I thought that may have been part of his strategy. He was simply wearing Desmond out to the point where someone would kill him. At first I actually thought Desmond was Prem's character, but then when his were erased, I just wrote it off as strategy. Unless I'm giving him too much credit, I don't know. I really don't know Prem that much. I'm somewhat of a newb myself.

Anyway, I'll be posting with my horrible death sometime tonight, once I think it up... And yes, It will be horrible in some form or another...

BTW, what happened to Brittany? Wasn't she supposed to be released today at around 3:55 (if I remember correctly) central time... I know DB said something about adjusting it and making it longer in the future, but I guess I missed something important. Did we forget about her, or is she supposed to be back?

[COLOR=#DAA520][QUOTE=Darren] :animestun And obviously when I said everyone was "attacking the newbs" I wasn't implying that you were all being offensive... Sometimes my debate terms come to mind when I'm replying in these threads and your requst falls under constructive criticism. In my debates, that would be considered a Kritik, which is also an attack... But of course I won't try and explain that to you since you schooled me in the debate portion of OB Survivor. :animesigh

Also, I dind't mean to imply that everyone was being mean to both Prem and HellsMinion. What was I supposed to do? Make a list of the people who had a problem with Prem and a list of those who had one with HellsMinion???
Nobody understands me! :animecry: Too much tension. This is supposed to be fun... Hopefully without the constant requests to correct Premp's posts, we can get back to the joy and love remniscant of The Labyrinth and Maze... lol (joy and love)[/QUOTE]Lets not start the debate thing again please. I've never been on a debate team or anything like that. All I did was present my argument in the best way I could. Hell I haven't even been to school in over ten years since I got my college degree back in 1994. o_O And I'm sure it goes without saying that it's harder to understand someone's intent from words alone instead of when you are face to face and you have their body language as well as other clues to help you know what they mean.[quote name='Darren'] BTW, what happened to Brittany? Wasn't she supposed to be released today at around 3:55 (if I remember correctly) central time... I know DB said something about adjusting it and making it longer in the future, but I guess I missed something important. Did we forget about her, or is she supposed to be back?[/quote]We can do anything we want with Brittany, in fact we can simply post about her as she tries to survive or simply kill her off since DB did say characters can die while imprisoned. As for the time she can be out Allamorph was kind enough to calculate that as you can see from his post here:[QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]I don't believe so. 48 hours is two days, 72 hours is three. Brittany should be imprisoned until [B]3:55 p.m. US Central Standard Time, on Wednesday[/B]. Unless my math is off.

For you guys who don't live Central, do your own conversions. :D [/FONT][/QUOTE]Anyway, I say we take a breather and wait until the killing is done and the next round starts. By then we'll have a more clear picture as to what's going to happen. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Darren]Whoa there, tiger! :animeswea What's with the hostility? I didn't mean to offend; it was simply a comment... But just so you know, I do read every post before I make a reply unless I'm really pinned down on time. (which I wasn't) And when I said everybody, obviously I wasn't meaning [I]everybody[/I] since we have 10 players, and two aren't going to be posting about themselves... The only ones who even had a chance to say something were Sandy, Allamorph, Rachmaninoff, SunfallE, DB, and myself... Soliel and BK hadn't posted so yes, it was exaggerated. :animeangr

Also, I dind't mean to imply that everyone was being mean to both Prem and HellsMinion. What was I supposed to do? Make a list of the people who had a problem with Prem and a list of those who had one with HellsMinion??? [/QUOTE]Well just as you were not trying to imply everyone was being mean I was not trying to be hostile. ;) And like SunfallE said, it's harder to know intent with just words.

I suppose since all of us are getting so worked up it just shows that on some level we are really into this, even if it does seem a bit wacky with so many characters at the moment. So meh, don't take it that way since it wasn't how I meant it.

Okay, I killed. Sorry about the lack of quality... I got tired and practially fell asleep twice while I was writing it. I probably did since there's about 10 minutes that are unaccounted for when I was just "resting my eyes," but you know how that goes. I re-read it though and it's still coherent, thank god! (Oh wait, Don't imprison me!!!) I'm going to bed. :sleep:

[B]Allamorph[/B], I deleted your previous post to this thread, since it was spam. If you want to compliment someone's banner, do it by PMs.

I also want to apologize to you guys for being so straightforward. I'm just stressed out and tired, and all of this complexity is making me frustrated towards the game. There seems to be a lot misunderstandings in this game, but I'm sure the next round will be alot easier.

Like Beth said, it's probably the sheer volume of the characters that's causing the complexity. My rant wasn't meant for anybody in specific, I'm just as guilty of the inconsistencies as any of you. So again, sorry.

I hear you Sandy...Especially since we still have a ton of characters even after three were erased and a bunch have been killed. And speaking of killed, lists etc. Here's the status quo after my post.
[SIZE=1]
[SIZE=3][B]Group One[/B][/SIZE]

Sastasha Sandares
Mary Winters
Lucia Travera
Katar Dakit

[SIZE=3][B]Group Two[/B][/SIZE]

Moatilliata Graden
Merik Jeffers
Kayrel Malone
Oromis Tu'wail
Julian Marx

[SIZE=3][B]Group Three[/B][/SIZE]

Eliana Cedes
Uriel Blaine
Delita Lytle
Alcuin nó Prideux
Dafine Hecata
Etamet
Penelope "Penny" Archess
Serena Scarlatti

[SIZE=3][B]Group Four[/B]
[/SIZE]
Meredith Taylor
Delilah Rousseau

[SIZE=3][B]Imprisoned[/B]
[/SIZE]
Brittany Cossentine
Nadia Dylenda

[SIZE=3][B]Dead[/B][/SIZE]

Angela Godspeed
Eloris Renten
Shilos Krieger
Lillathica
Desmond Sykes
Marius Stratums
Claire Montoya
Marcus Fenix
Damian Legion[/SIZE]

And now that I spent close to two hours writing my post I'm gonna go and get some sleep. :sleep:

[B]EDIT: [/B]Oh and before I forget. I say that we [B]imprison DB[/B] if he decides to use a life card this round. ;P

[COLOR=DarkRed]WTF? Sandy, that post was completely uncalled for, and I think you mustn't have been paying attention. As far as I'm concerned, everything is straight and I've seen nothing but a chain of great posts for the entirety of page 3 and somewhat before it. I was reading it thinking how brilliantly we all fit the characters and laughing with joy that finally things were on track.

Besides, does [i]character development[/i] mean anything to you? I know it's my favorite thing in the world. and I'm seeing it done perfectly. I love you guys.

Also, Allamorph, I don't wanna hear your flak about me getting Prem. I give him constant criticism all dya through PMs, lol. He knew exactly what I wanted from him and couldn't deliver, and he admitted that to me personally. Other than Premonition, everything has been going great. I love all of Hell's and Soliel's posts, and they were the only ones i was worried about.

I like how this is goin, and I hope it stays as good as page three. Personally, I have to problem keeping up with all the characters, but that could be because I've had to deal with them constantly. It doesn't matter, though, because by the end of round one it will practically be chopped in half.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']WTF? Sandy, that post was completely uncalled for, and I think you mustn't have been paying attention.[/COLOR][/quote]

I agree with you, and I already apologized for my brash words. Like I said, I've been stressed out and tired these days, and I shouldn't've taken it out on this game.

Just don't exaggerate the "perfection" of this game. There are still inconsistencies between how different players use some characters, and I find myself often lost at where each group are, since the surroundings change in almost every post. Perhaps it's just the fact that everybody is imagining the place differently. *shrugs*

But I promise I won't let my frustration get the best of me in the future. ;D

[FONT=Tahoma]Alright alright, time to put the hostility and tension behind us and move on once I've commited my murder later on today, hehe. However as Beth has probably found out, throwing popcorn is quite the therapeutic activity, so if anyone needs to bring themselves down a few notches, jus toss some Orville Redenbacher at our good friend Sandy :).[/FONT]

[quote name='Sandy][B]Allamorph[/B'], I deleted your previous post to this thread....[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Of course. [I]Mea culpa[/I], I was an idiot.

-------------------------

Oh, [COLOR=DarkRed]Darren[/COLOR], thank you [I]so[/I] much for not posting about Three. I was incredibly worried there for a second, especially since I took my time with the playing of my card. From now on, I shall abandon invisibility when posting in the game thread. It caused minor confusion once before, I think, and I fain would have it again.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Oh, [COLOR=DarkRed]Darren[/COLOR], thank you [I]so[/I'] much for not posting about Three. I was incredibly worried there for a second, especially since I took my time with the playing of my card. From now on, I shall abandon invisibility when posting in the game thread. It caused minor confusion once before, I think, and I fain would have it again.[/FONT][/quote]
Hey, no problem... But I was tempted since three is still not being used much. I just figured that to bide my time, I would play with one of the prisoners.

Anyway, with your post out of the way, it seems only BK and HellsMinion are left to kill, and unless anyone else has a duel death card, it looks like 12 will be leaving in round 1. (due to the deletion of Premonition) I wonder if anyone will be eliminatied in Round 1?

Oh wait, I know DB said that you could keep playing even if all your characters were eliminated, but if they were taken out, would you tell us they were eliminated and show us their characters, or would you just let the game continue and wait until the end? Because, personally, I'd like to know early on; I'm very impatient most of the time. (But I really have no right to talk since most of you were waiting on me during The Maze) :animesigh

[U]Here's a list![/U]

Marius Stratums
Shilos Krieger
Angela Godspeed
Eloris Renten
Lillathica
Desmond Sykes
Damian Legion
Claire Montoya
Marcus Fenix
Penelope "Penny" Archess

I don't feel like giving all of those in 1, 2, 3, and 4 as well as the imprisoned. Just refer back to Rach's list and take Penny out of it... But I will give you a release date for both of the imprisoned. Thanks to Allamorph for that bit, because I know I wouldn't calculate it; I'm too lazy. I'm just happy that we're in the same time zone:

Brittany Cossentine: 3:55 pm [U]Today[/U] US CST
Nadia Dylenda: 5:06 pm Thursday US CST

[quote name='BKstyles][FONT=Tahoma']Alright alright, time to put the hostility and tension behind us and move on once I've commited my murder later on today, hehe. However as Beth has probably found out, throwing popcorn is quite the therapeutic activity, so if anyone needs to bring themselves down a few notches, jus toss some Orville Redenbacher at our good friend Sandy :).[/FONT][/quote]
Will do! *Throws popcorn. And sometimes large objects*

P.S. I know it was deleted on account of spam, but thanks Allamorph... Delta is great with banners, I knew I couldn't wrong by asking her.

***EDIT***

I forgot to ask, when Brittany gets released today, assuming that she survives, who posts her release? Will Indifference do it or will we have to? Also, when she is released, does she automatically go back to group two or can she be transported to another group or even all by herself?

[COLOR=DarkRed]As soon as BKStyles finishes his post, I will return Brittany (assuming he didn't kill her) After BK, no one post till they see mine go up, k?[/COLOR]

EDIT: [COLOR=DarkRed][B]BKStyles[/B], that may have been my favorite post yet! I wasn't looking forward to those 2 dying, but you did it so well it is forgiven. Plus you cured our too many damn hitmen problem, XD.

So, [B]Brittany's [/B] back. Only now, the [B]Panopticon [/B] used a memory of [B]Deoky Shilos [/B] to torment her and show her the fall of [B]Christianity[/B], removing her faith entirely. Now she sees things in the eyes of the [B]CCC [/B] and has become what they deem a 'perfect' being.

Bet you ALL saw that coming XD

EDIT 2: [url=http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?jiij461l100w][COLOR=DarkRed]Painted another for the occasion. Once more, best on fast[/COLOR].[/url][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]So, [B]Brittany's [/B] back. Only now, the [B]Panopticon [/B] used a memory of [B]Deoky Shilos [/B] to torment her and show her the fall of [B]Christianity[/B], removing her faith entirely. Now she sees things in the eyes of the [B]CCC [/B] and has become what they deem a 'perfect' being.

Bet you ALL saw that coming XD[/COLOR][/QUOTE]*shakes fist* Now you've gone and made sure that there are two characters I want dead the next round. I swear, anything tied to Deoky in any form needs to [I]die[/I].

Still you gotta love it, gruesome deaths at the hands of the Golem, I could easily imagine Claire's head going flying when her body got yanked through the door. o_O And then that psychological one where the assassin died because he killed. Ouch!

I like how the deaths are varied instead of all being the same. And I liked the rather tomb raider feel to your death Allamorph. Sometimes simple traps are the best. lol

[quote name='Rachmaninoff]*shakes fist* Now you've gone and made sure that there are two characters I want dead the next round. I swear, anything tied to Deoky in any form needs to [I]die[/I']. [/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Nonono! She killed him though! She made him loose his powers and disentigrate! You should be happy at her for getting rid of him forever!

As fro why he did it, we'll have to find out as the plot unveils...[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520]Well here's an updated list taking in account the new deaths and that Brittany is now freed, though like Rachmaninoff, after following along with the Maze...anything connected to Deoky needs to die. Before she gets turned into a crazy killer like he was. :animesigh
[SIZE=1]
[SIZE=3][B]Group One[/B][/SIZE]

Sastasha Sandares
Mary Winters
Lucia Travera
Katar Dakit

[SIZE=3][B]Group Two[/B][/SIZE]

Merik Jeffers
Oromis Tu'wail
Julian Marx

[SIZE=3][B]Group Three[/B][/SIZE]

Eliana Cedes
Uriel Blaine
Delita Lytle
Alcuin nó Prideux
Dafine Hecata
Etamet
Serena Scarlatti

[SIZE=3][B]Group Four[/B]
[/SIZE]
Meredith Taylor
Delilah Rousseau
Brittany Cossentine

[SIZE=3][B]Imprisoned[/B]
[/SIZE]
Nadia Dylenda

[SIZE=3][B]Dead[/B][/SIZE]

Kayrel Malone
Penelope "Penny" Archess
Moatilliata Graden
Angela Godspeed
Eloris Renten
Shilos Krieger
Lillathica
Desmond Sykes
Marius Stratums
Claire Montoya
Marcus Fenix
Damian Legion[/SIZE][quote name='Rachmaninoff]Oh and before I forget. I say that we [B]imprison DB[/B'] if he decides to use a life card this round. ;P[/quote]I agree, I can certainly think of lots of good [I]punishments[/I]! :p[/COLOR]