OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=#DAA520][QUOTE=BKstyles][font=tahoma]The link in everyone's sig should be "The Panopticon Underground, see what the crew is talking about!" instead of a link to the game thread :p.

...and go ahead, I DARE you to make a sick post ;P. Bring it on! [/font][/QUOTE]Curse you! I just decided to let you guys decide if you wanted to follow through with what I just implied! I tried to write it but... :animeblus I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to take it further. [/COLOR] :animeblus

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520]Curse you! I just decided to let you guys decide if you wanted to follow through with what I just implied! I tried to write it but... :animeblus I couldn't do it. I couldn't bring myself to take it further. [/COLOR'] :animeblus[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]XD don't worry about it. I'm sure someone else will be more than willing to go into grotesque detail. Your post was perfect, though. That's exactly the way you pick it up and run with it :animesmil [/COLOR]

Jeez people, I go away to work for 6 hours and you leave me an entire page to read. I agree, we nee more action in the main thread. Funny enough, I don't recall a link to the main thread or underground in anybody's sigs except mine and DB's, and his is to the underground probably after BK suggested it... Hmmm.

Okay, just to get this out of the way, (even if it is a bit of rehashing) And this is just for the sake of getting my opinion on the matter... In fact I haven't even had a chance to read the main thread yet. (I alwasy read underground first)

1) Apparently Lucia and Sastasha had sex. I'm going to take Allamorph's stand on this and say "Roll with it." We can't come up with personalities for every single character and get upset when it doesn't follow exactly how we wanted it to happen. I know that in The Maze, I was PISSED when Alden started having sex with basically everything that moved, and when someone wrote him out to be a criminal... I don't understand how a mechanic can go to a criminal/rapist, but that's how his character led up to be. The same way that Lucia may have been a caring person, but with DB's new post, she now seems to want to have a little sex now and then. (once again I haven't read DB's post) That's just how her personality has turned and we have to deal with it and move on...

But addressing Sastasha: I think his occupation was a [U]rock star[/U]... Yeah, that's enough for me to assume that during his whole being nice to Lucia and Mary, was all flirting. (Flirting towards Lucia, that is) And I know a lot of rock stars who are sex-adicts (not personally, but that's the sterotype) so if that's what DB assumed, then once again: "Roll with it"

2) Nadia: Listen guys. Regardless of wether you think she should have lost her will to live after she was raped, doesn't matter. Even though BK has finally made his intentions clear, he left it open once she was released from her punishment... Therefore, without clarifying in your post, BK, you allowed for someone else to decide if she was the type of elf that would come from Tolkien's stories... Since you did that, it's not fair to DB to clarify after he's already made the post. (and I know, you didn't really seem to have much of a problem with it, I'm just trying to address everything.)

3) The psycho-killer: I havent' even read the post yet, but I can already figure out what DB meant... He said "A psycho killer, The CCCs own newly reprogrammed something, and..." (forgive me for not being exact, I'm too lazy to go back and get quotes. I just want to finish this so I can read the main thread)

Psycho Killer = Meredith Taylor
CCC reprommed subject = Brittany Cossentine
And... (whatever came after) = more than likely referred to Delilah Rousseau.

4) DB, don't back out completely. I can understand you backing out a little to just before and after round posts, but to back out completely is really, kinda selfish. (harsh but true) Once again, I take Allamorph's and BK's stand: Learn from your mistakes, don't run from them. (paraphrasing)

So, that about sums it up, I believe. And just so everybody knows: Your complaints are making me want to kill them more than DB's posts. It makes me think that you're all so upset because the characters aren't going in the way you had planned out. Which then leads me to the conclusion that they belong to you... So it can go both ways: You see DB putting a target on their heads, I see you guys putting targets on their heads. Whatever.

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520]Well here's the way I see it. It's done, its over, and it's time to move on. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Quoted for truth. [QUOTE=Darren]So, that about sums it up, I believe. And just so everybody knows: Your complaints are making me want to kill them more than DB's posts. It makes me think that you're all so upset because the characters aren't going in the way you had planned out. [B]Which then leads me to the conclusion that they belong to you... [/B']So it can go both ways: You see DB putting a target on their heads, I see you guys putting targets on their heads. Whatever.[/quote]For the record Darren...Not one of the characters that are being brought up are mine. Just wait until we get to the end and you'll see. My complaint had [B]NOTHING[/B] to do with who's character they are. But there was no reason why I should be expected to sit back and say nothing. Everyone is entitled to speak up when they think something isn't working. That's what the underground thread is for right? Or am I wrong?

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned it's over. Since it's pointless to go back and rehash all the things that have been frustrating. This last thing was merely the one that set me off. I already said I was sorry for being too vocal and coming across as being accusing.

Just as I'm sorry for saying I give up when in reality it doesn't matter, it's just a game. And I don't intend to give up. Nor do I expect DB to either. Though I'll probably wait until later today or tomorrow to post, since right now I'm still frustrated.

[QUOTE=Darren]

2) Nadia: Listen guys. Regardless of wether you think she should have lost her will to live after she was raped, doesn't matter. Even though BK has finally made his intentions clear, he left it open once she was released from her punishment... Therefore, without clarifying in your post, BK, you allowed for someone else to decide if she was the type of elf that would come from Tolkien's stories... Since you did that, it's not fair to DB to clarify after he's already made the post. (and I know, you didn't really seem to have much of a problem with it, I'm just trying to address everything.)

[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Concerning my post, it did not rely on people having knowledge of tolkien, that was if anything a little informational easter egg. I clearly stated in the post that she lacked the will to live anymore:[/font]

[quote=BKstyles][font=tahoma][color=darkslategray]Only the shreds of her clothing surrounded her motionless body. Motionless, but not lifeless...but her will to live was probably destroyed.[/font]
[/color][/quote]
[font=tahoma]
Also, I didn't spell it out because I thought it was pretty obvious to everyone that clearly Nadia was sexually assaulted over and over for two hours straight. I think there were more than enough indication. Everyone else pretty much got it. So even if she hadn't neccesarily "lost her will to live", the emotional scarring on her is deep, as told by her lack of will to fight anymore and her saying nothing even after being transported out. If someone wants to go another direction with it, then so be it, I can't control how everyone works with a character. But asking for clarification for something like my post only leads me to believe that you weren't really paying attention. That or you put too much faith in this invisible reliance on the author reference. Not trying to attack you Darren, just stating the obvious here.

I know you wanted to get your two cents in here, but you chose a most inopportuned time to do so. As SunfallE said, it's over and done with, time for us to move on with the actual game.[/font]

Well, I posted... But it seems that I did it at the same time as Rachmaninoff. About the same person! :animecry: And I really liked my post too!

Okay, enough whining. I'll go delete it, but I've never done that before, so I should start now. And after all that time and effort I put into it!

Sorry Darren. I didn't even know you were posting. >_< I wrote mine up in word and signed in to post it. I checked the who's online and you weren't listed. I didn't know you were working with group three too.

After everything calmed down too, I feel bad. Would you rather I delete mine and start over?

Hold on Rach... I skimmed over yours. Tell me, do you think it can work out if you just posted yours after mine? I mean there may be a few inconsistancies, but we can both edit those... I think it could work seeing as Dafine was very critical of Sastasha in both posts... Just throwing out ideas so neither one of us has to scrap posts.

[quote name='Darren']Hold on Rach... I skimmed over yours. Tell me, do you think it can work out if you just posted yours after mine? I mean there may be a few inconsistancies, but we can both edit those... I think it could work seeing as Dafine was very critical of Sastasha in both posts... Just throwing out ideas so neither one of us has to scrap posts.[/quote]Let me take a look and see how I could switch them. Just a sec. I'll come back and edit this when I'm done. Since I could probably have Dafine fuming in the background while the others eat instead of joining in.

[B]EDIT:[/B] Okay I altered my post and moved it so it's after yours Darren. Let me know if I missed any inconsistencies since I changed part of it to reflect that Dafine believes that he's a shape changer and that she refused to eat any of the food he had with him. I hope that works.

Thank you so much. I didn't see any inconsistancies when I read over it, so it should be fine. I feel so stupid for not checking the "who's online thing," while I was posting. In any case, I actually think our posts fit together pretty well. How 'bout you? Because if you don't think it's as good, I could probably edit mine a bit to fit yours more... I just feel awful... :animeswea Sorry :catgirl:

[quote name='Darren']Thank you so much. I didn't see any inconsistancies when I read over it, so it should be fine. I feel so stupid for not checking the "who's online thing," while I was posting. In any case, I actually think our posts fit together pretty well. How 'bout you? Because if you don't think it's as good, I could probably edit mine a bit to fit yours more... I just feel awful... :animeswea Sorry :catgirl:[/quote]Works for me, especially since altering mine is easier that one of us starting over. Especially since I used my poison card on Dafine. lol

Still at least it was pretty fixable. I didn't have to change too much. So I think it works and moving it so it was after your post was pretty easy to do. :catgirl: I'm just glad your post didn't have them moving elsewhere so it was easy to make mine seem as if it came just after yours.

[COLOR=goldenrod]Wow. o_O Spiders huh? *shivers* Yuck! And since it's Alcuin this time I'm assuming it was either Rachmaninoff or Darren who triggered the punishment. I think I know what caused it, but this time I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself. XD

Anyway, I rather like the poison card though. If no one saves Dafine, then with his death card Rachmaninoff gets to kill two people. Sweet! Also I see that things have been pretty quiet. Damn it all! I'm gonna have to end up sailing back in here and finishing what I started with group one. *dies*

And I'm sure it goes without saying that the poison card's two days is in our time so come Monday at 10:51 PM MST *pokes Allamorph* Dafine is history.

Oh and on another note, release time for Alcuin: 4:16 PM Tuesday MST[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]
Anyway, I rather like the poison card though. If no one saves Dafine, then with his death card Rachmaninoff gets to kill two people. Sweet! Also I see that things have been pretty quiet. Damn it all! I'm gonna have to end up sailing back in here and finishing what I started with group one. *dies*
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Nah, i've been planning on taking off from where you left off, no worries. I'll get to it in about an hour, hopefully nobody makes a group one post before then >.>[/font]

I'd like to point out that [I]this[/I] thread contains more drama than the actual game thread. I'm loving this! XD *points to custom title*

I'd also like to point out the horrifically fast pace of this game. Even though there aren't that many posts in the game thread, they are awfully long. That makes them much harder to follow, and even more harder to pick up and remember tiny details concerning the characters from. This is coming from a non-native English speaker, though, so you might have other views.

But if you'd be so kind, [B]would you please write somewhat shorter posts?[/B]

I'm afraid I won't be able to get back on tract on the game properly after spending the weekend away, but I'll try my best... :/

PS. To [B]DigitalBoy[/B], the others are right about the part of the host. You need to stand back in posting, but also keep a close eye on the game in general. There's a fine line between directing and dominating, and you should do the first, not the second.

And I swear, if I read anymore of that martyristic "alright, then I won't post at all!"-crap, I will quit this game in the instant. I'm glad you gathered yourself up, since [I]you[/I] are the boss of this game. You can't let negative feedback pull you down. ;D

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Sandy]I'd like to point out that [I]this[/I] thread contains more drama than the actual game thread. I'm loving this! XD *points to custom title*

I'd also like to point out the horrifically fast pace of this game. Even though there aren't that many posts in the game thread, they are awfully long. That makes them much harder to follow, and even more harder to pick up and remember tiny details concerning the characters from. This is coming from a non-native English speaker, though, so you might have other views.

But if you'd be so kind, [B]would you please write somewhat shorter posts?[/B][/QUOTE]Oh I know, it is hilarious and DB even has a link in his signature indicating that the underground is more violent than the game."[B]The Panopticon Underground - More Violent than the Game Itself XD[/B]" LOL

As for the posts being awfully long, I'm not sure if I agree with you. And to be blunt you don't post like someone who isn't a native English speaker. But the problem is I've already been making my posts shorter. o_O However, to be fair, I can understand how others could get lost. I read books all the time so sitting down and going through hundreds of pages in a few hours is no big deal to me. And taking the time to look back to verify a detail doesn't really bother me. And even the longer posts only take me a few minutes to read if that. I haven't actually bothered to time it you know. ^_~

Regardless, I'll try to make things a little shorter just the same. It's just hard when you have some many ideas and details and you're trying to cram them down into a tiny little post. lol

[B]EDIT:[/B] I guess to provide an example of what I don't consider long but others might...I'll use indifference's latest punishment post. It wasn't short, but damn if I didn't enjoy reading it! :catgirl:

Oh and another point, just how short do you want people to go? Because when they get too short and everyone is posting like mad, that can be equally as confusing in my opinion. As well as irritating since it leaves little room for character development.

And yeah, my idea of short is anything book wise that is less than 300 pages. XP[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod][B]EDIT:[/B] I guess to provide an example of what I don't consider long but others might...I'll use indifference's latest punishment post. It wasn't short, but damn if I didn't enjoy reading it! :catgirl:

Oh and another point, just how short do you want people go go? Because when they get too short and everyone is posting like mad, that can be equally as confusing in my opinion. As well as irritating since it leaves little room for character development.

And yeah, my idea of short is anything book wise that is less than 300 pages. XP[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Well, I unfortunately can't say any definite limit of words or anything, but I guess it's the amount of action that counts. I'd prefer one scene per post, and by scene I mean one event or dialogue.

But of course it also depends on my level of alertness/awakeness (is that even a word?!). Sometimes I can't focus at all, but then I usually just wait for a day when I can. ;D

Anyway, my suggestions was just that: a suggestion. It's not a question of life or death (or staying in the game) for me, it would just help me stay on track, heh. XP

[FONT=Tahoma]Feh, DB totally stole that link in his sig idea from my suggestion >.> lol.

But yeah, I think i'm probably pretty guilty of the long post deal. My dual death card post will probably be my longest of the game so no worries. I'll try to shorten them up from here on out. Even so though, for a non-native english speaker (which is the first i'm hearing about it eventhough I know your nationality) you have the language down better then a lot native speakers over here in the states. The language is slowly being butchered over here day by day, year by year.

In any case, try to get back with it Sandy. The game still manages to be fun despite everything that's happened. Besides, don't you want to stick with the RP who's underground is stealing the Adventure Square spotlight :p.[/FONT]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='Sandy']Anyway, my suggestions was just that: a suggestion. It's not a question of life or death (or staying in the game) for me, it would just help me stay on track, heh. XP[/quote]Oh I know. *pokes Sandy* I'll still try to make them a little shorter for you just the same. XP[QUOTE=BKstyles][FONT=Tahoma]Feh, DB totally stole that link in his sig idea from my suggestion >.> lol.

But yeah, I think i'm probably pretty guilty of the long post deal. My dual death card post will probably be my longest of the game so no worries. I'll try to shorten them up from here on out. Even so though, for a non-native english speaker (which is the first i'm hearing about it eventhough I know your nationality) you have the language down better then a lot native speakers over here in the states. The language is slowly being butchered over here day by day, year by year.

In any case, try to get back with it Sandy. The game still manages to be fun despite everything that's happened. Besides, don't you want to stick with the RP who's underground is stealing the Adventure Square spotlight :p.[/FONT][/QUOTE]It was a great suggestion since it's totally true. *dies laughing* The underground thread had been as much fun as the main one.

As for your posts BKstyles, I love them, you write them so well. Especially your latest one. That was brilliant and twisted all in one. *dies laughing yet again* Now we just need some more posting since I want to wait a bit before I whip out my death card for this round and use it. Hehe. [/COLOR] :catgirl:

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod']Wow. o_O Spiders huh? *shivers* Yuck! And since it's Alcuin this time I'm assuming it was either Rachmaninoff or Darren who triggered the punishment. I think I know what caused it, but this time I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself. XD[/COLOR][/quote]Hell! *borrows a phrase from SunfallE* and... [B]*[B]dies[/B]*[/B] If my thoughts mirror yours it was me! Damn! That's twice I've managed to break a rule. >_< And that punishment? I positively hate spiders! Not enough to have a true phobia, but still. Gross!

On the other topic of post length, I hadn't given it a thought, but then I've been RPGing with SunfallE in Silver One and the posts vary enough that they've been shorter and just as long as the ones in here. In the end I hadn't even considered them to be long. Sorry. Though if it makes things easier I'll try to shorten them for you Sandy.

Oh and one other thing, that last post you did BKstyles. Oh that was slick, if I didn't know better I'd swear you and SunfallE planned that from the very beginning. Poor Lucia. As for Katar...*snickers* serves him right. lol

I will do my best to shorten the posts, (not that it's a big deal) but I mean come on, it's Sandy we're talking about... If he can't catch up then nobody can.

But the reason why I ususally like having longer posts (not that mine are as long as some people's) is because I'm limited in my internet access, so when I am able to get on, I have to write long ones just in case I'm not able to get back on for a while.

Still, I'll try.

[B]EDIT:[/B] I love that body trade card. It seems like fun! [STRIKE]But I think I'll hold out on posting. Everyone that I wanted to post as has been switched, and I don't want to seem like I'm favoring just one group, so I'll wait...[/STRIKE] I thought of something. Let's just hope Rachmaninoff and I don't post about the same character since I saw that he was online.

On the subject of Alcuin: There are only two reasons I could come up with as to why he would be imprisoned. I know SunfallE said she was going to keep her opinions to herself, but I don't think I will. Besides DB doesn't have to confirm anything.

1) Referencing the beginning video. (Which would have been my doing)
2) Taking or Eating chocolate. (It's the more likely scenario and would be Rachmaninioff's fault. It also seems to fit what DB introduced with the cafeteria.)

P.S. I like what happened with Julian and Katar. It was funny. :D

[QUOTE=Darren]On the subject of Alcuin: There are only two reasons I could come up with as to why he would be imprisoned. I know SunfallE said she was going to keep her opinions to herself, but I don't think I will. Besides DB doesn't have to confirm anything.

1) Referencing the beginning video. (Which would have been my doing)
2) [B]Taking or Eating chocolate. [/B](It's the more likely scenario and [B]would be Rachmaninoff's fault.[/B] It also seems to fit what DB introduced with the cafeteria.)

P.S. I like what happened with Julian and Katar. It was funny. :D[/QUOTE]Dammit! I know it's my fault. >_< DB may have described them eating but he didn't describe everything other than to indicate that Lucia was a vegetarian. So when he said pure junk I was thinking deserts and such. So I assumed that at least one of them had some of everything. It never occurred to me that food would be a rule, or rather a type of food. Damn if I didn't fall for that; hook, line and sinker. *dies again*

And here I was trying to add a bit of realism to the story with Sastasha being a singer. Since I have a friend who is working on her Bachelor of Music: Vocal Performance degree. So I know for a fact that caffeine or anything with caffeine is something she would avoid, especially right before a performance.

Man, we may as well just call me the official rule breaker here. I'm almost afraid to post for fear of hitting another rule (since I seem to be good at that) and giving Crystia a reason to clobber someone again. lol

Anyway, at least I never saw the card that Sandy used coming. Haha! It's going to be fun keeping people straight now.

[B]EDIT:[/B] No danger there Darren since I'm not even working on a post. Just feeling like an idiot for getting someone imprisoned again! lol

[COLOR=DarkRed]I was laughing maniacally as I created the poison card and the mind-switch card, but i never even [i]dreamed[/i] they would be used together so well! Whoever Sastasha's handler is better step up quick - the poison duration has not lengthened![/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]I was laughing maniacally as I created the poison card and the mind-switch card, but i never even [i]dreamed[/i'] they would be used together so well! Whoever Sastasha's handler is better step up quick - the poison duration has not lengthened![/COLOR][/quote]Just as I'm sure you were chuckling with glee when you posted about them finding the food. :p Still doesn't Sastasha have until tomorrow evening? Since that would be two days?

Also, talk about the dilemma! Who ever steps forward is going to look like they are saving their character or deliberately making them a target so someone will immediately kill them. I mean it would be a good way to force someone to use their death card. ^_~ Still...It's a damned if you do and damned if you don't type of deal. The way I see it, Sastasha is as good as dead. LOL Completely worthy of you DB. I love it! :catgirl: [/COLOR]