OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

So DB, What's the deadline now? I know you've got one planned out in your head and once again, we're waiting on HellsMinion... I really hope he posts tomorrow! I want to move onto the next round. And Beth practically set it up for a horrible death... We need to do something soon.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Darren']So DB, What's the deadline now? I know you've got one planned out in your head and once again, we're waiting on HellsMinion... I really hope he posts tomorrow! I want to move onto the next round. And Beth practically set it up for a horrible death... We need to do something soon.[/quote]

[COLOR=DarkRed]What part of 'not everyone has to die' does no one ever understand? XD Oh well. Even in the Maze I always preffered the posts where I actually didn't kill people, so I guess that puts me in the perfect position here, lol.

Hell's has till Friday -- I know he can make it cuz he's badass like that :D

Also, I'm mad that I may have ruined Brittany's chances. She's not a psycho damn you! In fact, she's the opisite. She is experiencing perfect mental stability. There's no way in hell she'd kill anyone.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Also, I'm mad that I may have ruined Brittany's chances. She's not a psycho damn you! In fact, she's the opisite. She is experiencing perfect mental stability. There's no way in hell she'd kill anyone.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]What did you expect? Since the nature of this game is we can develop the characters in any manner that we see fit. I don't like the idea of you coming along and telling us what the characters are like, since you didn't specify that from the get go. That she wouldn't 'harm' anyone. In fact as you can see here:[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Meredith smiled gleefully. She had already been happy to be alongside the beautiful Delilah, and now this other girl looked to be a wild one as well. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]You referred to her as a 'wild one' If we don't have the freedom to develop them then what's the point? Besides you did put this in your post:[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed][B]?You know what you can do now??[/B] he asked, his voice now almost completely having fallen. Brittany nodded. She didn?t understand it, but [B]she could feel that some dark power had been placed within her. Not just a power to control the darkness? a power to create it?[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I mean,[B] hello[/B], if she got the memory from Deoky then it was a logical conclusion that she could have gotten his power as well. And that's something you yourself stated here, that Deoky was involved, even if it was just a memory:[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]So, [B]Brittany's [/B] back. Only now, the [B]Panopticon [/B] used a memory of [B]Deoky Shilos [/B] to torment her and show her the fall of [B]Christianity[/B], removing her faith entirely. Now she sees things in the eyes of the [B]CCC [/B'] and has become what they deem a 'perfect' being.[/COLOR][/quote]And correct me if I'm wrong but the CCC isn't exactly very nice. lol And you never clarified just what CCC deems to be a perfect being. Also this part here:[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Nonono! She killed him though! She made him loose his powers and disentigrate! You should be happy at her for getting rid of him forever!

As fro why he did it, we'll have to find out as the plot unveils...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I can understand if you have a plot in mind, but I sure as hell am not going to hold back since that would be unfair to the other players. Even if it was mine, if you start giving the impression that we can't kill just for some plot you have in mind, then what's the point? If it makes you feel any better, the next time you post in a manner that has me instantly wanting to kill the character I'll just keep my mouth shut. :p Also try leaving this kind of stuff out too:[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Darren, I LOVE what you did with Meredith! [strike]She better survive, dammit! >_<[/strike'][/COLOR][/quote]The part that she'd better survive, since any time I see you or someone else favoring a character I just want them to die. And remember, those of us who can kill are in this to win.

You're the creator 2007DigitalBoy, and even if you don't kill, please don't try to influence our choices when it comes to killing off characters just because you happen to 'like' them. It's an unfair influence since none of us know which character belongs to who and I for one do not appreciate the implication. If I'm wrong then ignore this post but if I'm right. Please stop trying to influence who we like in the game. Or who we want to kill.

I did my best to try and stand back when you guys went in all sorts of wild directions, I may have made Deoky a telepath but the rest of you gave him crazy powers and made him completely evil. And you did give him the occupation of Evil Warlord. I didn't step in and try to influence what the rest of you were doing. Remember you're the [B]host[/B], not a true contestant here.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]T_T[/B] You're right *steps back* have at it. *draws in sand* [/color][SIZE=1][color=white]*mumbles something about 'I knew I should've let someone else do it' and [spoiler][strike]why did [i]I[/i] have to be the only one to loose all 3 in round 1[/strike][/spoiler]?*[/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]From now on, treat everything I say as a suggestion -- my opinion does not influence the game. I will appear only at the beginning and end of chapters from now on.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed][spoiler][strike]why did [i]I[/i] have to be the only one to loose all 3 in round 1[/strike][/spoiler]?*
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Well technically...you're not. Regardless of how the other case was done away with, the only real difference is that you are still providing for the game.[/font]

[COLOR=#DAA520]Whoa DB! I think you need to cut back on the caffeine! [spoiler]I kid. ;P [/spoiler] Still, isn't the point of the game to keep things a secret from us? Even though we guessed accurately on the punishments you didn't have to confirm it. After all indifference referred to them as rule number so and so.

And even if you lost your characters, why are you confirming that fact? It takes the fun out of it if you hand out pieces of the puzzle before we get to the end of the game.

On another note altogether. Darn it all! I was hoping someone else would trigger one of the punishments. lol Still since we aren't to the end there's still hope. ;P[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520]Whoa DB! I think you need to cut back on the caffeine! [spoiler]I kid. ;P [/spoiler] Still, isn't the point of the game to keep things a secret from us? Even though we guessed accurately on the punishments you didn't have to confirm it. After all indifference referred to them as rule number so and so.

And even if you lost your characters, why are you confirming that fact? It takes the fun out of it if you hand out pieces of the puzzle before we get to the end of the game.

On another note altogether. Darn it all! I was hoping someone else would trigger one of the punishments. lol Still since we aren't to the end there's still hope. ;P[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Okay, maybe I [i]have[/i] been drinking too much MD at 2 am, but listen up. Firstly >_< those were spoilers for a reason. Secondly, there are a lot of half-baked plans that went into this thread and I've been freaking out trying to rectify them without having to pull the whole game to a hault. For instance, it didn't occur to me that the rules be broken a bunch.

Initially, they were going to be told their crimes up-front, but indifference and I thought it would be more interesting to keep you all guessing. Then it occured to me that we could end up with too many people imprisoned. It first struck me when directly after Brittany was imprisoned, faith started being shown through other characters. I couldn't help but think that we were going to end up with a ton of imprisonments and it would get confusing.

Though I realise at this point that it wasn't smart to think that, since there were so many damn characters to begin with. Seeing as how I already made the mistake of confirming your guesses, though, i went ahead with my ending of Brittany's punishment - namely because I didn't want her getting imprisoned 10 minutes later for praying again. I thought 'how can I get rid of her faith without altering her character too much?'

So I did that whole thing, but then I got scared, and now I know not to use Deoky in my stories anymore XD I hate seeing characters die because of my own stupid mistakes, so I tried to rectify her before anyone could get to her, but that really is you guys' deciion to make. I'm stepping back now.

*physically steps backward*

Besides, I am in no mood to post here right now -- if I do so, it will end up destructive. I just have the utter desire to [i]kill people...[/i] so I'll go play somewhere else.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520]Alright, before we spiral down yet another path of misunderstandings I'm going to address this:[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Okay, maybe I [i]have[/i] been drinking too much MD at 2 am, but listen up. Firstly >_< those were spoilers for a reason. Secondly, there are a lot of half-baked plans that went into this thread and I've been freaking out trying to rectify them without having to pull the whole game to a hault. For instance, it didn't occur to me that the rules be broken a bunch.

Initially, they were going to be told their crimes up-front, but indifference and I thought it would be more interesting to keep you all guessing. Then it occured to me that we could end up with too many people imprisoned. It first struck me when directly after Brittany was imprisoned, faith started being shown through other characters. I couldn't help but think that we were going to end up with a ton of imprisonments and it would get confusing.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]For starters, if people really had started abusing the imprisonment deal, it would have been simple for you to ask people to alter their posts to keep the confusion down. Also what do you mean by the rules being broken a bunch? Only two rules were broken and not including your posts or the ones by indifference that comes to a whopping 0.065% rate of the 'rules' that would cause an imprisonment occurring. I'd hardly call that a bunch.

Also since when were the idea's half-baked? No one is saying that. With everyone having total freedom to work with characters as they please, a certain amount of confusion is unavoidable. And so far I thought you were handling the loose ends just fine. About the only one I really disagreed with was mentioning that your characters died. Since knowing someone is out of the game makes it easier to attempt to determine who is left. [QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Though I realise at this point that it wasn't smart to think that, since there were so many damn characters to begin with. Seeing as how I already made the mistake of confirming your guesses, though, i went ahead with my ending of Brittany's punishment - namely because I didn't want her getting imprisoned 10 minutes later for praying again. I thought 'how can I get rid of her faith without altering her character too much?'

So I did that whole thing, but then I got scared, and now I know not to use Deoky in my stories anymore XD I hate seeing characters die because of my own stupid mistakes, so I tried to rectify her before anyone could get to her, but that really is you guys' deciion to make. I'm stepping back now.

*physically steps backward*

Besides, I am in no mood to post here right now -- if I do so, it will end up destructive. I just have the utter desire to [i]kill people...[/i] so I'll go play somewhere else.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I understand what you are saying here, since you wanted to keep her from being nailed for praying again. And at the same what Rach already explained occurred to me. That the ability to create darkness you mentioned came from Deoky's memories. And seeing that he was such an evil bastard in the previous one, I think it's a given that the first thought I had was to kill Brittany off. After all, I do want my characters to survive. ;P

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is chill out a little okay? If I wasn't having fun I wouldn't bother to mention things that I find frustrating. Since I want this to be successful and right now in my opinion it is. ^_~

P.S. Besides just look at the drama going on! The underground thread is seeing more action than the main thread! :p[/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520']P.S. Besides just look at the drama going on! The underground thread is seeing more action than the main thread! :p[/COLOR][/quote]
AMEN! I don't know what is wrong, but it truly does seem like this was a bit underdeveloped... I was wondering how the imprison cards would come into play, but the second I heard about it, I sort of knew they would be a disaster unless your rules were very specific and they wouldn't have been very easily recognizable when they were broken... But at the same time, that might have made them too hard to break and then the cards would have become pointless. I think you went the right way when implimenting them, so don'f feel bad.
I feel for you DB, I really do. After The Maze, I was planning on starting one myself, but since you jumped up so quickly, I thought I would let you have it while I took the time to prepare mine... And in the process of coming up with some really unique and new cards, I've been constantly thinking and re-thinking how it could negatively harm a character in the game or give someone an unfair advantage...
It's a hard thing to follow in the footsteps of this already great series, (I hope that's an okay statement) but you've been doing great. And now that you've seen your mistakes, (that's a part of it, too. You get to make mistakes, DB because you're the host and no one would say anything unless you said it first) you can back up and try your best not to make the same one again.
Don't worry, the RP is going great in my opinion. I like the changes that you've implimented, and at the same time, I've been getting a lot of ideas for what I can do with mine. I don't see why it shouldn't proceed smoothly after this round.

[QUOTE=Darren]
I feel for you DB, I really do. After The Maze, I was planning on starting one myself, but since you jumped up so quickly, I thought I would let you have it while I took the time to prepare mine...

Don't worry, the RP is going great in my opinion. I like the changes that you've implimented, and at the same time, I've been getting a lot of ideas for what I can do with mine. I don't see why it shouldn't proceed smoothly after this round.[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]You should be glad DB put this up first, now you know what to avoid as well in terms of participant tension.

Also I answered your PM DB, but it should have been obvious, but it also really wasn't the point of the post. The implication was pretty much what Beth had already said about keeping things a secret even if something is a large effect on yourself or a certain participant. I won't repeat things that have already been said since that seems to take up a lot of space in this thread already (persistent reiteration, that is). But you know what you did wrong, you know to calm it down a bit and play the host like you should, you've already realized your conduct and it's effect on the players, so there's really nothing left to be said. Failure to adhere to the resolution of the past problems in the future will be another story, and things will probably start up in this thread again.

But yeah, I think pretty much everyone here would rather keep things civil and as secret as possible without there being too many concerns about the rules being manipulated. When I say rules, i don't mean OB's rules btw (though those are quite lovely as well, and the mods do such a great job enforcing them :))

Oh, and spoiler tags might as well be a target for curiosity. It would have been best not to mention it at all ;). [/font]

[COLOR=DarkRed]*breathes deeply* okay... I'm chill... to-ta-lly cool... now, as for the half baked plan reference, it was also referring to things I haven't brought into play yet. Befroe I started the game I had a whole ton of cards made, but a lot of them I couldn't figure out how to work correctly, and there's certain things that feel too much like what happened in the maze. That's less of it though.

When I mentioned not being in the mood to post, that wasn't about yall - I'm in an all-around bad mood outside of the internet and all and if I get involved I'm scared of how i'll treat certain things right now. Before I post here, i'd like to straighten myself out and walk in smiling like I did last week, knaamean? No reason in participating if your outside life makes it unfun.

Anywho, I decided that just to mix it up, there will be a surprise for the release of our other prisoner, and I hope to see plenty of activity today :animesmil [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Oi, sorry for the lack of activity today - I was taking a personal day-off from the internet, and I gotta say it worked really well -- it's always nice to have friends when you really need em, even if they're kinda crazy. :catgirl: I feel much better, and I'm ready to pull some cards from my sleeves, metaphorically as well as literally.[/COLOR]

[quote name='HellsMinion6676']sorry about not posting guys i didn't know that i had a death card or anything, I never got a message that said i did or anything so I didn't think that i had one. But I will post today so we can get on to the next round.[/quote]

[font=tahoma]You'll pretty much have one each round defaultly unless otherwise noted. The only cards that were specifically given out were my and SunfallE's dual death cards. Just remember not to use it each round until everyone has posted at least once. The introduction restriction no longer applie since, thank god, we got that out of the way already :).[/font]

[FONT=Tahoma]Sorry it took so long, DB. Decided to throw my name into the "twisted and disturbing" post hat since what other RP would such things be allowed in, lol. Besides, [spoiler]Indifference started it[/spoiler] :p.

The last prisoner has been released however. Looking forward to moving on :).[/FONT]

[COLOR=Indigo][quote name='BKstyles][FONT=Tahoma] Decided to throw my name into the "twisted and disturbing" post hat since what other RP would such things be allowed in, lol. Besides, [spoiler]Indifference started it[/spoiler'] :p.[/FONT][/quote][CENTER]*Bows and then leaves* [/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#DAA520][quote name='BKstyles][FONT=Tahoma]Decided to throw my name into the "twisted and disturbing" post hat since what other RP would such things be allowed in, lol. Besides, [spoiler]Indifference started it[/spoiler'] :p.[/FONT][/quote]Well you certainly did a though job of finishing it! o_O I swear, first the Maze has the sick and twisted posts and now the Panopticon, I almost shudder to think of what would happen in another one...Wait a sec! I should be more concerned about what can still happen in this one! lol

Anyway, I assume we have to wait on 2007DigitalBoy to post and start the next round, so...*pokes DB* Start typing! :p[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=#DAA520]Well you certainly did a though job of finishing it! o_O I swear, first the Maze has the sick and twisted posts and now the Panopticon, I almost shudder to think of what would happen in another one...Wait a sec! I should be more concerned about what can still happen in this one! lol

Anyway, I assume we have to wait on 2007DigitalBoy to post and start the next round, so...*pokes DB* Start typing! :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed] :p It will appear really early morning Saturday. I have plans tonight, but I will be up all night, and I find that my best writing has always happened when I'm tired. I have big plans for part 2, and now that I'm not only back on tracks but also finally organized, I assure you the pace is about to escalate. I'm glad that this story has started to pick up and the characters have started to take on a little meaning - now it's time to give you all a reason to care.

I warn you, this will be a wall of text like you've never seen, though, XD.

EDIT: [url=http://artpad.art.com/gallery/?jimejq6e2y4]this one shows how the Panopticon slowly formed from the ashes of the Maze as space repaired around it. Kinda boring, but I was bored.[/url][/COLOR]

Well BKstyles, even if indifference started it, you certainly finished it! Damn if this one isn't as sick and twisted as the Maze got near the end. o_O All because I had Nadia save others from being crushed and they still ended up dead anyway. It's still cracking me up since the concept of helping others out only makes sense, but I guess unlike the religion rule and the putting yourself in danger to help someone else, the other rules must be quite different since no one has stumbled on one yet. I'm worried that one of my own characters will end up getting nailed. o_O

Part of me is curious and the other is cringing at the thought of what indifference will do next if it happens again. I swear Crystia! You're a little [I]too [/I]good at those sick posts! And no playing innocent! After all you [I]were [/I]responsible for some interesting posts in the Maze too! :p

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']Damn, Hells! That was sick!!! I love it! Alright, as soon as the other prisoner is released, I will start round 2. I know she's kinda late at this point, but I was busy yesterday and I guess it wasn't gotten around to...[/COLOR][/quote]

Glad you liked it, sorry it took so long I was busy yesterday I will try to be on more so I can keep up with everything though.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']What part of 'not everyone has to die' does no one ever understand? XD Oh well. Even in the Maze I always preffered the posts where I actually didn't kill people, so I guess that puts me in the perfect position here, lol.[/COLOR][/quote]
Hmmm, well, while that may be a tempting offer to not kill anyone, I just can't break away from traditon... Besides the more I kill, the better chances mine have of surviving.

I feel like it's time for a list, just because I'm bored but I don't want to go to bed yet...

[COLOR=Orange][B]Group 1[/B]
Sastasha Sandares
Mary Winters
Lucia Travera
Nadia Dylenda
Katar Dakit[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Green][B]Group 2[/B]
Merik Jeffers
Oromis Tu'wail
Julian Marx[/COLOR]

[color=#979C04][B]Group 3[/B]
Eliana Cedes
Delita Lytle
Alcuin nó Prideux
Dafine Hecata
Etamet
Serena Scarlatti[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][B]Group 4[/B]
Meredith Taylor
Delilah Rousseau
Brittany Cossentine[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Deceased[/B]
Eloris Renten - Killed by [B]Sandy[/B]
Shilos Krieger - Erased by [B]2007DigitalBoy[/B]
Angela Godspeed - Erased by [B]2007DigitalBoy[/B]
Marius Stratums - Erased by [B]2007DigitalBoy[/B]
Claire Montoya - Slaughtered by [B]SunfallE[/B]
Marcus Fenix - Slaughtered by [B]SunfallE[/B]
Desmond Sykes - Killed by [B]Soliel[/B]
Lillathica - Killed by [B]Darren[/B]
Damian Legion - Killed by [B]Rachmaninoff[/B]
Penelope "Penny" Archess - Killed by [B]Allamorph[/B]
Kayrel Malone - Slaughtered by [B]BKStyles[/B]
Moatilliata Graden - Slaugtered by [B]BKStyles[/B]
Uriel Blaine - Killed by [B]HellsMinion6676[/B][/COLOR]

I don't know what the color coding is for. Or the extended list of who killed who... Like I said, I'm bored. *shrugs* Besides, it might help some of you figure out which character belongs to who... Also, it looks like the girls outnumber the boys by three, in case anybody cares.

[QUOTE=Darren][COLOR=Orange][B]Group 1[/B]
Sastasha Sandares
Mary Winters
Lucia Travera
Nadia Dylenda[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Because I just [I]have[/I] to be the one to say it, it looks like you forgot [COLOR=Orange]Katar Dakit[/COLOR]. Can't be having him left out....[/FONT]