OtakuBoards

The Panopticon Underground [M-LSV]

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Sandy]But after Allamorph makes his kill, there will only be two characters left! That means a maximum of two players, using simple calculus.

I can very well admit that my once good prospects are now history. :'( *bawls*[/QUOTE]Meh, I was assuming he'd revive some characters, enough so that there was at least three players. Making it harder to know who had who.

Also....I'm sure it goes without saying that my prospects are not where I'd like them to be. *poke*

When this is all said and done, BKstyles suggested to me that we have a voting contest for most brutal death, most unexpected death, most surprising post, etc. Personally I think the whole idea sounds like fun! :catgirl: [/COLOR]

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Sandy]But after Allamorph makes his kill, there will only be two characters left! That means a maximum of two players, using simple calculus.

I can very well admit that my once good prospects are now history. :'( *bawls*[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Don't forget, I'll be rezzing 1 character, and I'll be giving out 1 life card.

@ SunfallE: Panopticon afterparty? I'm game![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed]Don't forget, I'll be rezzing 1 character, and I'll be giving out 1 life card.

@ SunfallE: Panopticon afterparty? I'm game![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Held in the undergroud of course, but where else would serve as a worthy venue ;). Maybe people should receive little trophies in the form of "golden death cards" for the awards they win, lol. *fixes tux*

Anyway, I wonder though. How are you going to judge who gets rezzed based on?[/font]

[QUOTE=BKstyles][font=tahoma]Held in the undergroud of course, but where else would serve as a worthy venue ;). Maybe people should receive little trophies in the form of "golden death cards" for the awards they win, lol. *fixes tux*

Anyway, I wonder though. How are you going to judge who gets rezzed based on?[/font][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][strike]Ain't no 'going to' about it. I already did the drawing - the whole thing's been decided.[/strike]

[strike]Indifference just notified me of a HUGE GAPING ENORMOUS FLAW in my plans... I'm going to go cry now...[/strike]

Sprted out. Also, OMG, i was wondering why my post count had grown so much recently - I have 94 posts just in this thread >_<[/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed][strike]Ain't no 'going to' about it. I already did the drawing - the whole thing's been decided.[/strike]

[strike]Indifference just notified me of a HUGE GAPING ENORMOUS FLAW in my plans... I'm going to go cry now...[/strike]

Sprted out. Also, OMG, i was wondering why my post count had grown so much recently - I have 94 posts just in this thread >_<[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well that's good, since what you said count wise was not matching up. Or rather it wouldn't have left anyone alive. lol

Also, even though you've already sorted it out, at least indifference pointed it out to you now instead of you finding out later during the middle of the final chapter. ^_~ That just made it easier for you to fix it beforehand instead of after the fact.

As for the post count. lol You have been busy, though since with this post I'll have 65, so I can't poke too much fun of you. Hehe[/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]Heh, I got 52 posts in this thread myself. I remember being at 600 posts in April when i had my first year anniversary on OB, and now i'm already passed 800.

I think I might be misunderstanding your intent for the final round a bit especially since you've changed things up because of a hole in your original plan, though if there is one player with characters left at the end of this round it seems like a good place to end it, then the fourth installment can get under way (though not immedietely, we may need to take some downtime after we have our Panopticon afterparty ;P). If not then we can go along with any plans you think up for the last round.[/FONT]

I concur. *nods*

And since I sort of called (not that anyone has dibs on anything so if someone else want to creat one, I'd be pissed, but I'd still join out of fun) the next installment to the death-card series... I was actually planning on taking a break before starting it... Although, it would be nice to know that some of you would reserve your spot now...

I kid, I kid... Some new faces would be nice too. While we're on the topic though, do you guys think it would be a good idea to keep the character creation at three or bump it back to two??? Oh and, does anybody have any ideas for a good name??? Labyrinth, Maze, Panopticon... The thesaurus doesn't give me much else besides Plexus and Network... And since Plexus is the opposite of Nexus, and nexus was an element used in the original Labyrinth, I don't have anything to use...

After party? Heck yes! Can't wait!

Yep, now that you mention it... I really do need to go and edit that post. I keep forgetting. Okay. EO and Cameron were never in the chain chamber. They were just outside, standing in the doorway.

Brittany and Oromis had to cross, and well, Oromis didn't make it...

[QUOTE=Darren]I concur. *nods*

And since I sort of called (not that anyone has dibs on anything so if someone else want to creat one, I'd be pissed, but I'd still join out of fun) the next installment to the death-card series... I was actually planning on taking a break before starting it... Although, it would be nice to know that some of you would reserve your spot now...

I kid, I kid... Some new faces would be nice too. While we're on the topic though, do you guys think it would be a good idea to keep the character creation at three or bump it back to two??? Oh and, does anybody have any ideas for a good name??? Labyrinth, Maze, Panopticon... The thesaurus doesn't give me much else besides Plexus and Network... And since Plexus is the opposite of Nexus, and nexus was an element used in the original Labyrinth, I don't have anything to use...

After party? Heck yes! Can't wait![/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Actually Darren, if your entertaining suggestions I did put together a little mock idea a while back after Labyrinth for a similar game but chose not to run it. It was called The Castle, where the participants would be taken to a large medieval style castle or something. You can run with that if you want, I think it would be a really cool venue for this kind of survival game. For anyone that has played FF8, I had Ultemecia's Castle in mind the entire time I thought it up. Tis just my favorite Final Fantasy final dungeon ever :p.

Also, three characters works for me, I liked that about this game. With an average of 8-10 players it's already been proven that we can go at the very least a strong three rounds, with great potential for more dependant on the cards. [/font]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Darren]I kid, I kid... Some new faces would be nice too. While we're on the topic though, do you guys think it would be a good idea to keep the character creation at three or bump it back to two??? Oh and, does anybody have any ideas for a good name??? Labyrinth, Maze, Panopticon... The thesaurus doesn't give me much else besides Plexus and Network... And since Plexus is the opposite of Nexus, and nexus was an element used in the original Labyrinth, I don't have anything to use...

After party? Heck yes! Can't wait![/QUOTE]A break is a good idea, as for the number of characters, I would wait and see how many sign up. If less sign up you could go with three, if more, then only two to cut down on the confusion. Though as BKstyles already pointed out three each is doable.

As for names I suppose you could try the Web or Entrapment, Ambuscade or even Artifice.

Oh and before I forget, am I the only one who finds it creepy to see Allamorph visible? *pokes*[/COLOR] :p

That's only because he's posting, I suspect...

And that means that, if he takes the amount of time I take to actually finish a post, then it should be up by around 1:45, my time... That means, that if I go to bed now, I can have a good 8 hours sleep and have no pressure of posting with my "Special secret card" in the 12 hour time limit before I have to go to work... :animesigh But then, I do need to go run some errands first. Maybe I'll just wait and see how long it takes and then decide what to do

(By the way, that whole thing is what would be me talking to myself if I had that option online... But then, there wouldn't really be much point in the post)

Anyway, SunfallE, I don't even know what half of those words mean and I definately don't want to be the one to look it up, let alone have to spell it each time...

Also, with the cards that I've come up with, (which I kinda like some of the new ones, although it's too difficult coming up with some great ones after DB pumped 'em out like crazy!) my RP has always had the feel of being under water... Not [I]actually[/I] unerwater, but like underwater caverns and there would be sections of it that could be nothing but glass (or whatever) and the characters could see nothing but ocean and ocean floor, and escape just a few hundred feet above them. The view would be much more, but I'm afraid that would give away some of the story I have in mind, as well as some of the cards I have in mind... So, that's all you get! ;)

Ta-daa! *not really enough to be called a sneak-peak, but whutevs* :p

[quote name='Darren']my RP has always had the feel of being under water... Not actually unerwater, but like underwater caverns and there would be sections of it that could be nothing but glass (or whatever) and the characters could see nothing but ocean and ocean floor, and escape just a few hundred feet above them.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, son. That looks amazing. And what a combo: astonishing beauty and torturous, tantalizing freedom just beyond reach, all at the same time. Me likes muery much.[/FONT]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Darren]Anyway, SunfallE, I don't even know what half of those words mean and I definately don't want to be the one to look it up, let alone have to spell it each time...

Also, with the cards that I've come up with, (which I kinda like some of the new ones, although it's too difficult coming up with some great ones after DB pumped 'em out like crazy!) my RP has always had the feel of being under water... Not [I]actually[/I] unerwater, but like underwater caverns and there would be sections of it that could be nothing but glass (or whatever) and the characters could see nothing but ocean and ocean floor, and escape just a few hundred feet above them. The view would be much more, but I'm afraid that would give away some of the story I have in mind, as well as some of the cards I have in mind... So, that's all you get! ;) [/QUOTE]*pokes* Not my fault if you don't know the words. :p Besides if it's under water like you've described then you could always go for the Abyss or the Deep. ^_~

Anyway... You're description is reminding me of one of the levels to my old SNES game Illusion of Gaia game where your character is trapped in an underground palace at the bottom of the ocean. It's making me think you're going to have vampire overlords or something. lol

And yeah, I know Allamorph is most likely posting. I just think it's funny for some reason to see him on the list for a change. ^_~[/COLOR]

Ouch... That wasn't very nice; I bruise easily. Just for that... *superpokes*

Anywho, I like the Abyss... I don't know why I didn't think of it. It's probably because I was so caught up in it representing a maze of some sort that I didn't even think of representing the elements that make up the environment....

So thank you for showing me the way... We have an official name to the next (maybe unless someone wants to creat another first, in which case it would be the next-next) death-card RP. *woot*

[COLOR=DarkRed]Interesting all around for the posts surfacing while my interweb was out. To BK - everything I've told you about CH 4 so far is basically moot. The amount of ****ing crazy *** insanity flying around about it says things could go any way :animesmil

Darren, for naming the next, who knows, Labyrinth and Maze were both obvious, and I was mad I couldn't use Labyrinth since it's one of my favorite words. Overall, you should look for meaning and do some research. The first thing I did with this RP was find the name and afterward the entire story formed in front of me.

Tis why I'm increadibly proud to call this [B]The Panopticon[/B].[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']Overall, you should look for meaning and do some research.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]QFT.

Woof. There. You know, sometimes inspiration can be a bi-yatch. I got to use Brittany like I'd seen, DB gets a fight scene, our heroes are stuck in a godmodder's Heaven, and what have you.

Oh, and SunfallE gets poked.

[I]*BAMF*[/I][/FONT]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Oh, and SunfallE gets poked.

[I]*BAMF*[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]*dies* I swear Allamorph, you make me feel like I don't know how to write at all. >_< *dies again*

Even if I know English was designed to drive me insane, I just can't seem to figure out how to write like that. :animesigh And yes that's my roundabout way of saying that post was amazing. ^_~[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkRed']Sprted out.[/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Eww.

So do your new plans still include two resurrections? Because even if we have four characters living, that's still only three death cards among six people. (Unless you gave Darren a "death nullification" card-majigger.) Still not much fun for little Harpo. :p

Oh, and wake up, Darren. Use yo' card before 4:0somethin'. Now that I'm finished holding everybody back (sorry!), I want to move onward. Maybe I can beat Sandy to first blood this round....[/FONT]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]*dies* I swear Allamorph, you make me feel like I don't know how to write at all. >_< *dies again*

Even if I know English was designed to drive me insane, I just can't seem to figure out how to write like that. :animesigh And yes that's my roundabout way of saying that post was amazing. ^_~[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hehe, he does the same to me, but then I have never cared if I knew how to write really well. lol My motto is only take what you need to graduate and nothing more. At least as far as English goes. lol[quote name='Allamorph][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][U]OOC:[/U] There ya go, Rach. Pleased with yourself?[/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]I am thank you very much. And it is gratifying to see that I was indeed right! :p I kind of feel bad for the new guy though. He was barely in the story and then POW!

Anyway...If I'm right, two people have a character left, so I'm curious as to how this will work. So as you put it Allamorph...Get a move on Darren! I'm betting he has something that will bring a character back or introduce a new one. Which is probably why DB was freaking earlier. That would have only put the total up to five. With two left, Darren bringing one back or a new one in and then reviving two.

Unless he is now planning on denying two of us death cards instead of just one. Guess I'll find out later.

Oh and Darren, in spite of the others telling you to pick a name and research, uh, I'd recommend forgetting the name and developing the story first. Kind of like what you did since a good story will always fall under a name. Like the Abyss that SunfallE mentioned. Though it probably wouldn't hurt to now research that name and expand on what you already have.

And I'd wait for a bit before starting it. If only because I'm sure I'm not the only one who would want to wait for a bit before joining another one. lol

[FONT=Arial]Ya know, I was feeling a little bored, so I went back in the thread and did some quick tallying. Quite interesting, if I do say so myself. (And I do say so myself.)

[indent][U]Death Count:[/U]
SunfallE: 15
Rachmaninoff: 6

All others: 0 (yay for goose eggs)[/indent]

Seems to be one very suicidal marriage there, mostly due to laughter. Also funny is the fact that Rach PK'd his own wife. So really, that'd be sixteen.

[I]Where is everybody???[/I][/FONT]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Ya know, I was feeling a little bored, so I went back in the thread and did some quick tallying. Quite interesting, if I do say so myself. (And I do say so myself.)

[indent][U]Death Count:[/U]
SunfallE: 15
Rachmaninoff: 6

All others: 0 (yay for goose eggs)[/indent]

Seems to be one very suicidal marriage there, mostly due to laughter. Also funny is the fact that Rach PK'd his own wife. So really, that'd be sixteen.

[I]Where is everybody???[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]*dies laughing* Still... o_O How the hell did I manage to kill 15! And yeah, that[I] rat[/I] PK'd[I] me [/I]of all people! :animeangr [[SIZE=1]It was funny as hell though! lol[/SIZE]] *dies laughing*

This game has been beyond fun! :catgirl: I'm looking forward to the after party. Hehe!

Still...how did I manage to get fifteen kills? o_O *dies* And yeah...just where is everyone! I'm ready for the next chapter! Even if I'm the one without a death card [[SIZE=1]though I'd be pretty damn sad if that were the case[/SIZE]] Still regardless... I intend to create as much chaos as possible. :D [/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Allamorph][FONT=Arial]Umm, yeah. [I]You[/I] have died fifteen times. Actually, make that eighteen now.

I haven't tallied any kills, yet. Perhaps I should....[/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh you! *POKES* I thought you meant in the actual main thread not the silly *dies* thing. LOL! Good lord! Poor Rach! He picked that up from me no less. And yes that makes it nineteen times now! :p

Seriously I was trying to figure out how I could have so many kills while the rest of you had none. XD LOL![/COLOR]