OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']For both I was so bored through the entire first episode that I decided they weren't worth continuing.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I'm terribly sorry you feel that way. I will immediately agree that s-CRY-ed's first episode is killer on the consciousness, like Mozart, but I stuck with it and it turned out to be not half bad. A plus, I thought, was the intro music [I]Reckless Fire[/I], which had a bit of Latin influence that I enjoyed.

Granted, it is heavily shounen, with a lot of things going BOOM for the audience's viewing pleasure, but I liked the general story once it got past the idiotic Native vs. HOLD part and got going.

Haven't seen any of Bubblegum Crisis, but I'd recommend giving s-CRY-ed another whirl, at least for ten episodes. (I wanna say five, but I can't remember whether or not the beginning moves [I]á la[/I] DBZ speed. :p) If you still hate it, that's okay. I just think, having seen most of it and all of the end, that it deserves a bit more than a one-episode viewing before a verdict, neh?[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]At the time I did consider that it might just start off slowly. But I had other stuff to watch instead that I knew I'd like and I'm not much a fan of shounen action series in the first place. I may get back to it eventually but at this point there are a couple series in my collection that I'd probably watch over again before that.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']At the time I did consider that it might just start off slowly. But I had other stuff to watch instead that I knew I'd like and I'm not much a fan of shounen action series in the first place. I may get back to it eventually but at this point there are a couple series in my collection that I'd probably watch over again before that.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Completely understandable, on all counts. I kinda feel the same way about it, too; if it airs on [as] again, I'll more than likely watch it, but there are other series I'll be purchasing before I get around to adding that one.[/FONT]

[quote name='GoldScorpion78']Ah yes. You can't diss Dragonball (Although DBZ was more entertaining from an action perspective).[/quote]
[COLOR=#503F86]Ooh, [i]I[/i] can :p For one thing, there's something about watching overly muscular men suddenly transform into even more overly muscular men and punch each other at high speed that turns me right off. And personally, I don't really like Toryiama's style of drawing.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Desbreko][COLOR=#4b0082']I tend to know what I'll like and want I won't by reading about the anime beforehand but there have been a couple series I ended up dropping after only one episode. Those two would be Bubblegum Crises: Tokyo 2040 and Scryed.[/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]That's a shame- I liked Bubblegum Crisis. I've not watched it in a while so I don't know how well it's held itself after a few years, but the first time round it developed pretty well, in my opinion. The first episode was a bit slow, though. And the music's not so good.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Ooh, [i]I[/i] can :p For one thing, there's something about watching overly muscular men suddenly transform into even more overly muscular men and punch each other at high speed that turns me right off. And personally, I don't really like Toryiama's style of drawing.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh, trust me, without DBZ, many of us wouldn't be here today. Like it or not, The entire shonen genre today revolves around that puppy. I, for one, would be minus one favorite series (Toriyama was Oda's idol and inspiration. Without Dragonball, One Piece wouldn't exist.) Naruto fans, same thing. Bleach? Hunter X Hunter? Most of Watsuki's stuff? You bet.

Long and short is, Shonen wouldn't be nearly the same right now if Akira Toriyama hadn't stepped into the ring.

[quote name='Aceburner']Long and short is, Shonen wouldn't be nearly the same right now if Akira Toriyama hadn't stepped into the ring.[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Of course I understand its importance in anime's development, but that doesn't mean I personally have to like it. But even then, I think to say that 'without it everything else that came after wouldn't have existed' is a tall one.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Solo Tremaine'][COLOR=#503F86]Ooh, [i]I[/i] can :p For one thing, there's something about watching overly muscular men suddenly transform into even more overly muscular men and punch each other at high speed that turns me right off. And personally, I don't really like Toryiama's style of drawing.[/COLOR]

[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Purple"]
I respect your opinion; I doubt I'd watch it today. Most of the anime I watch these days has zero action, but I'd still rather watch high-speed punching than a bunch of shooting.

I love his style of drawing. It's not overly complex, and I think my doodles would be extremely lacking if I hadn't learned to draw from his stuff.
Not saying I still draw page after page of Vegeta.

One Piece! There we go. That's the other one I can't stand.

And Bleach, well, I'd love to get into it. But I just can't. I don't hate or even dislike it, but I can NOT get into it no matter how hard I try.[/COLOR]

I think bobobo is the most idiotic television show ever, beyond anime or cartoons or anything, it just seems like trained monkeys could have done better.
but other than that most anime I have seen have at least some good merits in my opinion. I don't particularly caree for one piece but I think it is well made and original and action packed and has good stories, they just dont appeal to me. the american version is way, too juvenile too. I've heard that the japanese version was way better but I just dont think I like pirates and anime mixing, although h I like pirates alot and am even in a pirate crew at a ren.fair.
I think naruto is actually pretty original and considering that to be popular a good genre show,book, whatever has to what people that like that genre want the characters and plots to do and be what they like, and the shonen genre in general is pretty cookie cutter, so to work in that framewor and stiil make you feel like -
the story has that feel of some overarching vision or plan that the author is just letting you into his head to enjoy each week and you cant help but love and interact with that vision too- is worthy of some respect, even if you know whats gonna happen because its just like every other overhyped superpopular shonen.

inu yasha just went on way too long. I like the show but I mean a plain old 26 eps. showe would have been more enjoyable, after the first two seasons most of the good ideas were used, the rest was just" oh people still liike this show. lets make more and as long all the characters act the same they wont know we are three episodes past where we planned to end the story"
but even saying all that I still like the show.
pokemon really stopped apealing to me when i got inot high school, but I think it was a genius idea at the time.

Guest Miss Kurosaki
[quote name='Saya Minatsuki'][color=limegreen]Yeah I forgot One Piece sucked too, it gives pirates a bad name and just seems a little "two-year-oldish" for my taste. As for DB's comment on Ninja Resurrection I haven't seen that anime yet but I loved the metaphor.[/color][/QUOTE]

Yes! I totally agree! One Peice is pretty freakin' stupid. I would never watch it.

Also, I really, REALLY don't like Prince of Tennis. Super BORING!!!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Adding fuel to the fire lol.

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/b] - Heh, I'll admit right now that I lack the brain capacity to comprehend majority of everything of what was happening, and I hate doing a lot of thinking lol.

With that being said, depressing and psychological animes aren't my thing. (Judging from NGE, they give me tons of headaches.) I really wish I did some research before tuning into it on AS.

Story - "sighs" With all the depression going on, it was hard for me to even grasp the story.

Animation - For an old series, it looked really good.

Characters - Heh, my biggest gripe of all. SHINJI. Hate is a strong word, but I truly hate this boy. (His VA didn't make it any better.) I cannot stand characters with no backbone, and I was pretty much done with the series when Shinji started whining about everything. And foolishly, I let people talk me into sticking with the series... "Stick with it, it get's better." X_X Shinji gets worst (That boy is an anime killer) and;

In comes Asuka. Which I thought she would make the series a little more interesting. For a moment she did, and then like Shinji, she's going through all this depression. Rei... Do I really need to say something about her? Misato was a decent character until she started going through all that depression as well.

Truthfully, I don't like any character in NGE, and as I said, the depression made it hard for me to catch any part of the story. And then that ending.... which was a headache in itself. The only type of animes to ever make me want to put a hole in my tv are the ones that pisses me off. (The ones that just gotta have some type of animal being killed and I try to avoid those at all cost because I tend to take it out on others lol.) NGE made me want to put a hole in my tv just because it made my brain tired.[/COLOR]

My least favorite has to be [I]Law of Ueki[/I]. I'm not at all surprised that I haven't seen it mentioned yet; I only knew of it because a couple of my friends got inexplicably obsessed with it.

Anyways. This show basically threw whatever idea came into the writers' heads on the wall to see what stuck. I could never decide if it was a huge parody or was trying to take itself seriously, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out.

[quote name='JazzLady22']My least favorite has to be [I]Law of Ueki[/I]. I'm not at all surprised that I haven't seen it mentioned yet; I only knew of it because a couple of my friends got inexplicably obsessed with it.

Anyways. This show basically threw whatever idea came into the writers' heads on the wall to see what stuck. I could never decide if it was a huge parody or was trying to take itself seriously, but I didn't stick around long enough to find out.[/quote]

[COLOR=Purple]Maybe no one mentioned it because they've never heard of it? I haven't, but I guess it would be a stretch to say no one has.
I think I'd only put the effort in to check it out if it really sounded interesting to me.

But I'm forgetting why I started this post.

[B]Sailor Moon.[/B] I understand that a lot of people like this. But it just has zero appeal to me. I guess that would be the extent of shows I dislike. I usually like anything I watch, but there are a handful that just seem like the creator put more effort into the art than the story-line.
[/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
One of the worst anime series I've seen was Piano. It was like, "Oh my life sucks. . . I wish he liked me. . . I suck at piano because my teacher stares out the window too much. . . Well I guess today wasn't too bad of a day," over and over and over again. D:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I completely agree with some of you who said "Bobobobobblah blah blah," whatever it is, is a terrible series... It IS! My goodness, there's no plot in it and it drives me nuts. It's so absurd. Nose hairs, jelly people, cross-dressing sun person, and the screaming girl... -___-

However, I just don't see how someone could say Dragon Ball Z is a terrible anime. Granted, if you're not into fights and stuff like that, then I guess it wouldn't be for you. Also... there are times in that series when I'm like "Just finish for pete's sake!" But no. The what-could-be 6-minute plot turns into 3 episodes. Reminds me of that joke: "How many DBZ characters does it take to change a light bulb? ... One, but it take 12 episodes!" *rim shot* Hahaha... *ahem* Now [B]DBGT[/B] was something is disdained completely! So "Blah" if you ask me, especially with that opening theme - it sounded like the writers of Pokemon helped with that one... *rolls eyes*

That's probably why I Naruto and Inuyasha get on my nerves too. I think that they are both really good series; however... How many flashbacks are needed in ONE episode (Naruto) and how many power-up episodes does there really need to be (Inuyasha and his sword)???

That's just my opinion(s)... ^^
[/COLOR]

[quote name='femme fatale'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"]Ahh, i love Bobobobo lol. Randomness is funny to me though so maybe that's it.

I couldn't personally stand Vampire Hunter D (can't honestly remember which one i watched). Gak. Will never be watching that again.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

It was the original...trust me.

[quote name='Memphis'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Adding fuel to the fire lol.

[b]Neon Genesis Evangelion[/b] - Heh, I'll admit right now that I lack the brain capacity to comprehend majority of everything of what was happening, and I hate doing a lot of thinking lol.

With that being said, depressing and psychological animes aren't my thing. (Judging from NGE, they give me tons of headaches.) I really wish I did some research before tuning into it on AS.

Story - "sighs" With all the depression going on, it was hard for me to even grasp the story.

Animation - For an old series, it looked really good.

Characters - Heh, my biggest gripe of all. SHINJI. Hate is a strong word, but I truly hate this boy. (His VA didn't make it any better.) I cannot stand characters with no backbone, and I was pretty much done with the series when Shinji started whining about everything. And foolishly, I let people talk me into sticking with the series... "Stick with it, it get's better." X_X Shinji gets worst (That boy is an anime killer) and;

In comes Asuka. Which I thought she would make the series a little more interesting. For a moment she did, and then like Shinji, she's going through all this depression. Rei... Do I really need to say something about her? Misato was a decent character until she started going through all that depression as well.

Truthfully, I don't like any character in NGE, and as I said, the depression made it hard for me to catch any part of the story. And then that ending.... which was a headache in itself. The only type of animes to ever make me want to put a hole in my tv are the ones that pisses me off. (The ones that just gotta have some type of animal being killed and I try to avoid those at all cost because I tend to take it out on others lol.) NGE made me want to put a hole in my tv just because it made my brain tired.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]OMG! I forgot about that one! Thanks for mentioning it... That show gave me a headache so badly. Ugh. Everything you said there is exactly how I feel about it. *two thumbs down for NGE*[/COLOR]

I loved Evangelion until it became obvious that it was TRYING to be confusing. DragonBall was one of those series that started out good and was eventually drug into the ground. The manga will always be superior to the tv program, especially the cartoon network version. To be honest, I've always sort of hated Naruto. There are several reasons that I hate it. For starters, it's a prime example of what American editors do to Japanese shows. If I here BELIEVE IT one more goddamn time, I'm going to kill myself. I cry at night knowing there's a chance that an American company may get its hands on my beloved Masked Rider Kabuto. Also, it's overly popular, which is something I hate after a while. Finally, the whole idea behind it just doesn't seem to entertain me well. Most of the time it seems to take itself too serious or not serious enough.
However, the topic of discussion is not what anime I dislike, it's what anime I think is the worst. I'm going to have to go with Zatch Bell. Holy ****, its like combining Pokemon with Naruto. The show has a weird vibe to it, and the animation is poor by todays standards. The plotline sucks, and the show in general has suffered greatly at the hands of American editors. The whole show seems to be trying to be real unique and mainstream at the same time. This seems to be a very poor show.

[quote name='MaskedRider'] For starters, it's a prime example of what American editors do to Japanese shows. If I here BELIEVE IT one more goddamn time, I'm going to kill myself.[/QUOTE]

[B]Believe it[/B] or not, that's not totally localization's fault. Japanese Naruto constantly says "Dattebayo," which means roughly the same thing.

Naruto is one I can personally take or leave. I understand the appeal and think it's a decent alternative to the crap that's usually on Cartoon Network nowadays, but I also think it's getting way more publicity than it deserves. The fanbase can be pretty stupid sometimes, too.

Guest cocomo~
Well, I really hate One Piece! It pisses the hell out of me just looking at it. And it is so God damn annoying!! I don't understand how people could stand it. It just makes pirates look bad. -_-'

Nothing personal.

Coco*

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='cocomo~']Well, I really hate One Piece! It pisses the hell out of me just looking at it. And it is so God damn annoying!! I don't understand how people could stand it. It just makes pirates look bad. -_-'

Nothing personal.

Coco*[/QUOTE]I can only imagine. I'm pretty sure someone in the thread mentioned that the English version of this show was utterly trashed and edited to the point that it made it really stupid. I know I'd be curious to see the original, at least once, I use to hate the style of animation for this show. However, watching Lovely Complex changed that.

Anyway, my newest one for worst anime would be [B]Ikki Tousen[/B]. As Rach put it:[quote name='Rachmaninoff']It's the worse case of fighting and attempting to have a story all in the name of pointless fanservice and other unsavory stuff in it. [/QUOTE]And it's 100% true and more. I didn't even last more than a few episodes, it was that bad. XP
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='cocomo~']Well, I really hate One Piece! It pisses the hell out of me just looking at it. And it is so God damn annoying!! I don't understand how people could stand it. It just makes pirates look bad. -_-'

Nothing personal.

Coco*[/QUOTE]

Alright, that's it. Time to make use of the freakin' Youtube button.

What you have been watching is this:
[YOUTUBE="4Freaking Kids One Piece Dub"]cGBy0Fb0WYI[/YOUTUBE]

What I enjoy is this:

[YOUTUBE="FUNimation not Horrible Dub"]aROMSxtSujU[/YOUTUBE]

By the way, in the first clip: Zoro was originally cleaning his sword.

All I ask is that people watch actual shows and not pale insulting imitations before passing judgement.