OtakuBoards

Worst Anime

Saya Minatsuki

[quote name='Aceburner']Well then in those terms the only difference is that mediocre doesn't even begin to describe the first clip.[/QUOTE]
Maybe to you. It just doesn't seem that bad to me. But while I judge the voices of a kid show my standards aren't set that high. Both voices don't seem that drastically different to me.

In my opinion the manga is better than both 'versions' of the show. And the manga is still not that great.

[FONT=Arial]Perhaps, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Ace[/COLOR], if you'd shown two vids with similar action, the difference in the dubs would have made sense.

Or, a comparison of the Japanese/4Kids difference alongside a Japanese/Funimation difference.

But with two completely dissimilar clips, we really can't tell too much either way.[/FONT]

Alright, truth to that statement, Allamorph. Here's a couple action scenes to mull over.

[YOUTUBE="Luffy vs. Arlong (4Kids)"]GKDmoNdQLd0[/YOUTUBE]

Here we see one of the most epic fights from the original series being butchered like Barry the Chopper's wife. Note the delicate, subtle use of puns in every other sentence despite this scenes originally serious nature. Also observe the annoying cereal jingle playing in the background at all times.

Oh, and blood edits and junk, too, but those are moderately acceptable.

[YOUTUBE="Luffy vs. Bellamy (FUNi)"]TQIM_DGoBck[/YOUTUBE]

Here we see a guy get OHKO'd. admittedly not the best action scene the series has ever had, but let's break it down in style, yes?

No puns. This scene is serious bidniss, after all.
Colleen Clinkenbeard seems to have a wider range of emotion that the 4Kids VA's "surprised and excited even when angry or in pain."
The original music is kept. Not only is this better in my opinion, but the change was pretty much pointless in the first place. Another strike for 4Kids.
Did you see those knuckle imprints?! Admittedly they were deeper in the original, but at least you get the idea that getting punched will have an adverse effect on your health and appearance.

Overall, not what you were watching before. Now that you know, go ahead and pass judgment however you may. At least you are more informed.

[QUOTE]In this case I no longer have hope for you.[/QUOTE] I'm surprised you had any hope with me to begin with. I will admit that the new pokemon dub is ****...
I was flippin through the channels and I stopped on Pokemon and thought "I used to like this show lets see where it has gone after all these years."

"This is ****!" Is what immediately came out of my mouth. See that's something that goes beyond dubs. That is a direct insult to a child's intelligence.

[quote name='Panache']I'm surprised you had any hope with me to begin with. I will admit that the new pokemon dub is ****...
I was flippin through the channels and I stopped on Pokemon and thought "I used to like this show lets see where it has gone after all these years."

"This is ****!" Is what immediately came out of my mouth. See that's something that goes beyond dubs. That is a direct insult to a child's intelligence.[/QUOTE]

Ironically, 4Kids isn't handling Pokemon anymore. That's okay, though, Digimon was better the whole time.:whoops:

[quote name='affection'][SIZE=1][FONT=Georgia]
For some reason, I just can't get myself into it... no matter how I try. I guess some people have to like it if it still airs on Cartoon Network. Haha. :)[/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
Well im not much a fan of fruitsbaskets or bobobobob..(too many bobo's) but i dont loathe them.

[quote name='KisukeUrahara']Steel Angel Kurumi 2 *shudders* It took everything I loved about the original series, threw it out the window, ran outside, picked it up, brought it back in and threw it out another window.[/QUOTE]
It would have been great if the just went ahead and had hawt lesbian butt secks. But they just beat around the bush showed a little tit and then threw together this ending. I still liked it...because I was too big of a fan boy by the time I watched it to care if there was a plot anymore. Cutsey outfits+boobage=win at that point.

[QUOTE]Ironically, 4Kids isn't handling Pokemon anymore. That's okay, though, Digimon was better the whole time.[/QUOTE]It isn't? Well whoever dubs it now SUCKS. And Digimon is the ****.

[quote name='jamo']Well im not much a fan of fruitsbaskets or bobobobob..(too many bobo's) but i dont loathe them.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I understand that you don't like that thing with too many bo's. I hate it too. BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE FRUITS BASKET?! You need to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles. The English voices are ick. I recomend that you read the manga for fruits basket. You might like it a bit more than the anime.

P.S. I'm sorry if I blew up in your face. I just really love fruits basket. Shigure=fave character!

[QUOTE]Okay, I understand that you don't like that thing with too many bo's. I hate it too. BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE FRUITS BASKET?! You need to watch it in Japanese with English subtitles. The English voices are ick. I recomend that you read the manga for fruits basket. You might like it a bit more than the anime.[/QUOTE] I doubt watching it in a foreign language would drastically change his opinion of the show.

And I can see how something like that might be boring for someone. "Wow a bunch of kids who turn into animals when they get hugged*changes channel*"
Plus more than a few characters were annoying. And sometimes it is really random [spoiler](A girl from a tent goes to a shrine oh **** a cat and a rat Person are fighting!)[/spoiler]
That said I liked that show.

[quote name='Panache']I doubt watching it in a foreign language would drastically change his opinion of the show.

And I can see how something like that might be boring for someone. "Wow a bunch of kids who turn into animals when they get hugged*changes channel*"
Plus more than a few characters were annoying. And sometimes it is really random [spoiler](A girl from a tent goes to a shrine oh **** a cat and a rat Person are fighting!)[/spoiler]
That said I liked that show.[/QUOTE]

I can see so too. :| The show was just boring for me because it's not the type of thing I like.

[quote name='Panache']I doubt watching it in a foreign language would drastically change his opinion of the show.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I've found that while watching subtitled anime, not knowing the spoken language allows one to place the vocal stresses in approximately correct places, so it may just seem better.

Plus, there's the issue of cultural jokes that don't translate (like in Bleach, when Uryu pointedly asks Ganju why Ganju feels he's allowed to call Uryu by his first name), as well as the occasional bad script-reading (like a very unconvincing "Yay!" from Misa during an episode of Death Note).[/FONT]

[QUOTE]I've found that while watching subtitled anime, not knowing the spoken language allows one to place the vocal stresses in approximately correct places, so it may just seem better.

Plus, there's the issue of cultural jokes that don't translate (like in Bleach, when Uryu pointedly asks Ganju why Ganju feels he's allowed to call Uryu by his first name), as well as the occasional bad script-reading (like a very unconvincing "Yay!" from Misa during an episode of Death Note).[/QUOTE] Yea but it's not so big of a difference that will make a break a show unless a dub is incredibly poor or it has a huge amount of jokes that only go over well in Japanese(but if that's the case then it probably won't get dubbed anyway). Fruits Basket has a decent dub and for the sort of show it is it shouldn't make that big of a difference either way.

Anyway in my opinion saying "Oh just watch it subbed it will be good then" is pretty silly to me.

[quote name='Panache']Anyway in my opinion saying "Oh just watch it subbed it will be good then" is pretty silly to me.[/QUOTE]Depends on the anime I would say. I've been watching some older shows that were heavily edited. I think Fruits Basket is pretty close but stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho? The English waters it down in a way that I don't care for. So I can see how watching the sub would make for a better experience.

I understand it's the same for say the first season of Sailor Moon, that close to 15 episodes were trimmed out completely, making the English version an utter joke. And since I'm here, I'll say that is a horrid anime, that English version. What little I watched of the sub was vastly superior.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Depends on the anime I would say. I've been watching some older shows that were heavily edited. I think Fruits Basket is pretty close but stuff like Yu Yu Hakusho? The English waters it down in a way that I don't care for. So I can see how watching the sub would make for a better experience.

I understand it's the same for say the first season of Sailor Moon, that close to 15 episodes were trimmed out completely, making the English version an utter joke. And since I'm here, I'll say that is a horrid anime, that English version. What little I watched of the sub was vastly superior.[/QUOTE]
Yea but that's for a bad dubs and edits. But for something like fruba it wouldn't make that big of a difference.

[quote name='Panache']Yea but it's not so big of a difference that will make a break a show unless a dub is incredibly poor or it has a huge amount of jokes that only go over well in Japanese. [/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Didn't say "make or break", though. Said "better experience". But eh. Semantics.

[QUOTE][I]Anyway in my opinion saying "Oh just watch it subbed it will be good then" is pretty silly to me.[/I][/QUOTE]
True.[/FONT]

I HATE Sailor Moon! Its so frickin girly! And the skirts dont cover up enough either. I also hate Fruits Basket! Its all romance and all tht crap theres no adventure!!No people killing other people!I also hate Gundam Seed Destiny and Eureka Seven! They SUCK!:animeangr

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Aceburner']That is possibly the absolute worst reason I have seen for anyone to hate a show.[/QUOTE]I have to agree. I mean, I love slice of life shows like Fruits Basket, Lovely Complex and Lucky Star. Shigure and his 'high school girls' spiel just cracks me up to no end. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Tomboyodoom']I HATE Sailor Moon! Its so frickin girly! And the skirts dont cover up enough either. I also hate Fruits Basket! Its all romance and all tht crap theres no adventure!!No people killing other people!I also hate Gundam Seed Destiny and Eureka Seven! They SUCK!:animeangr[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]You... you just said Eureka Seven sucks?! How dare you... I don't even think you know what anime is >_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]You... you just said Eureka Seven sucks?! How dare you... I don't even think you know what anime is >_>[/COLOR][/QUOTE] Saying one show sucks implies that he doesn't understnad what the concept of animation is? How does that work prem? It's just a show. Not even that revolutionary of a show. It's just a show. Sure it may be a good show(well that's subjective...) but that hardly makes a difference in his ability to understand what anime is.

[QUOTE]Its all romance and all tht crap theres no adventure!!No people killing other people![/QUOTE]I believe this is a very poorly worded way of saying "I like Action anime and Romance anime is boring to me personally."
That is a perfectly fine reason not to like something. It just isn't your cup of tea.

[quote name='Panache']Saying one show sucks implies that he doesn't understnad what the concept of animation is? How does that work prem? It's just a show. Not even that revolutionary of a show. It's just a show. Sure it may be a good show(well that's subjective...) but that hardly makes a difference in his ability to understand what anime is.[/QUOTE]

Don't question Prem's logic. He's like the Yang of this site.

Speaking of which, where's the Yin gotten off to lately?