Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]1[/B]. Ping Pong
[B]2[/B]. "Gothic Sports" (I have no idea if the series has anything to do with this XD)
[B]3[/B]. Akagi
[B]4[/B]. Grappling (Is that a sport?)
[B]5[/B]. Horse Racing
[B]6[/B]. Knife Fight (okay, now I'm just being an *** XD)[/COLOR]
  • Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
1. Tennis
2. Grid Iron (American football)
3. Baseball
4. Soccer
5. Basketball
6. Archery

Funny thing was I was having this conversation about there being almost no sport not shown in at least 1 anime with friends at anime club today.
Posted
[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Six sports featured in Anime... Can we do Manga too?

1.) Basketball (Part of the plotline in Girl Got Game)

2.) Baseball (The centre of Princess Nine. Also shown in Sailor Moon)

3.) Volleyball

4.) Tennis

5.) Equine sports

6.) Swimming (They're showing it in Peach Girl right now) [/color][/font]
Posted
So GAME # 13 turned out to be just as easy as well. Let's see who ruled this game.

----------
GAME # 13:
I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: Name a sport that has been featured in one or more anime series.
I am looking for the TOP SIX answers.

RESULTS:
[B][I]1) Soccer - 39 (27.3%)
2) Tennis - 37 (25.9%)
3) Baseball - 18 (12.6%)
4) Basketball - 8 (5.6%)
5 - 6) Football - 6 (4.2%)
5 - 6) Volleyball - 6 (4.2%)[/I][/B]
Once again, it's really too bad no one got perfect in this game. Man, a lot of you were almost close to making it perfect!

WINNERS:
We have 4 winners today. Congratulations!
[B][I]Meggido - 108
Kasuke - 108
strwpoptart - 108
Sazumechan - 108[/I][/B]
Avenged666fold - 102
miss april - 102
xmystic_silverx - 102
XxXLolitaGothXxX - 90
Hitsuzen - 84
ChibiHorsewoman - 69
Tallgeese- - 65
Raiyuu - 61
2007DigitalBoy - 0

----------
GAME # 14:
[B]I ASKED 143 PEOPLE THIS QUESTION: Name an anime series that doesn't involve any extraordinary super-powers.[/B]
[I]I am looking for the TOP SEVEN answers.[/I]

DEADLINE: August 30, 2007 (Thursday)
Posted
[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]LOL I scored a 69 last time. Let's see what I do now!

1.) Princess Nine (The plot was centered around Baseball and rivalries. Nothing else)

2.) Kaleidostar (Set in the real world in the circus more or less)

3.) Naruto (okay so there's martial arts and a lot of little Chakra and jitsu moves, but no superpowers)

4.) Kodocha

5.) Pokemon (it's a given)

6.) Peach Girl (Well it is an anime now)

7.) Trigun (They use a lot of weapons, but no super powers)

Well there's my seven picks. It was hard.[/color][/font]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Lulz, sounds like an excuse to flash most of my favorites list.

[B]1[/B]. Hidamari Sketch (tale of 4 girls in art school. You haven't seen it, and therefor you dissappoint me!)
[B]2[/B]. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (pschological illnesses are not super powers!)
[B]3[/B]. Genshiken (Otaku Tales!)
[B]4[/B]. Gunslinger Girl (Although she has a mechanical body, she is still a young girl.)
[B]5[/B]. Kino's Journey (Her gunslinging is superb, but it's all skill baby)
[B]6[/B]. Haibane Renmei (slice of Haibane life)
[B]7[/B]. Serial Experiments Lain (super technology but no magic involed)[/COLOR]
Posted
yay finally got top :P

ok lets see for this one.

1. Black Lagoon
2. Genshiken
3. Nodame Catabile
4. Pokemon
5. Welcome to the NHK
6. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
7. Neon genesis Evangelion (can't forget this...giant mechs and until the movies no real special powers)
Posted
1. Ouran High School Host Club (Hunny and Mori are great fighters but they don't have superpowers :P)
2. Azumanga Daioh
3. Haibane Renmei
4. The Prince of Tennis
5. Pokemon (I guess)
6. Rurouni Kenshin
7. Fruits Basket (I suppose the curse doesn't fall under the broad umbrella of "superpowers" ...)

This was hard.
Posted
[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Green"]1. Fruits Basket (They're cursed, but there's no super powers)
2. Full Metal Panic
3. Ranma 1/2
4. Kodocha
5. Trigun
6. Tenjho Tenge
7. Ouran High School Host Club
[/COLOR][/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="Magenta"]
1. Ouran High School Host Club
2. Fruits Basket
3. Prince of Tennis
4. Pokemon
5. Black Lagoon
6. Naruto
7. Ruruoni Kenshin (all swords and skill, no powers just skill)[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="Purple"]1. Ouran High School Host Club
2. The Prince of Tennis
3. Rurouni Kenshin
4. Pokemon
5. Fruits Basket [love and transformations into animals no magic]
6. Naruto [ninja skills and chakra]
7. Black Lagoon[/COLOR]
Posted
Hmmm.... I think I'm going to fail miserably on this one...

1. Welcome to the NHK
2. Le Chevalier d'Eon
3. Ouran High School Host Club
4. Kodocha
5. Serial Experiments Lain
6. Samurai Champloo (there aren't any super-powers right?..)
7. Fruits Basket
Posted
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I really curious how Pokemon keeps coming up:animestun. Maybe it is just me.

1. Cowboy Bebop.
2. Gundam Wing.
3. Detective Conan.
4. Initial D.
5. Gunsmith Cats.
6. Lupin the 3rd.
*loses manhood*
7. Hello Kitty.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...