OtakuBoards

FQFG2: Counter-Terrorism Unit

Shy

Mother was irritated. After Grape Ape had left she had become suspicious of the meeting, sure that it was a diversion to interfere with them finding the rest of the bombs. And sure enough like always the terrorists were cheating, using underhanded and dirty tactics in an attempt to win the battle. The intelligence they had received indicated that the bombs would be placed in open threads only. But now following some information she had Mother had discovered yet another bomb in yet another closed thread.

"[B]Someone needs to march over there and make each and everyone of them take a bath![/B]" She said angrily as she headed back to headquarters to inform them of her discovery.

She didn't waste any time, slamming the door shut behind her, startling Peacock who immediately pointed towards Ploppy the Spaceship. "[B]It was his fault! I didn't do it![/B]"

"[B]Of course it's not your fault silly![/B]" Mother said with a wave of her hand. "[B]What's got me upset is that those dirty stinking Terrorists are still cheating! Just take a look here![/B]"

Mother revealed a bomb in a closed thread: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50513&highlight=advise][B]Advice, please?[/B][/URL] The others just stood there, both appalled at the deceit and amazed at the discovery.

"[B]Someone messed up on the intelligence. The bombs aren't just in open threads![/B]" Mother declared. "[B]Peacock![/B]"

Peacock jumped. "[B]Yes Mother?[/B]"

"[B]Make sure to inform everyone to check everything! We can't afford to miss a bomb! Innocent people will be hurt![/B]"

Peacock looked around at everyone, "[B]Well...You heard her! Let no thread go unchecked![/B]"

Satisfied, Mother left to go and bake some more. After all she was sure the others would be hungry after they finished searching.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=crimson][size=1]As [b]Mother[/b] rounded the corner, off to some place of this facility where of which I had no idea, I spoke up.

[b]"Mo...erm...excuse me."[/b] I stopped short as she turned around and looked at me, eyebrow cocked. She looked rather irritated about something, but I pressed on anyway. It might put a shock on her face, but I said it anyway.

[b]"Is there some place I can take a shower around here? I probably smell horrible. And look horrible at that."[/b] I looked at her with my serious eyes that looked as if someone had taken the sky and wrought a pair of eyes out of them, a cloudy blue that hid secrets only on the dark and windy days of the heart.[/color][/size]

[FONT=Arial][B]"Actually,"[/B] Shades preempted, sliding out of a nearby shadow, as was his wont, [B]"there is. I could take you myself, but then you know we have to keep you under constant supervision."[/B] He leaned towards Sachiel, placing a tad more emphasis on the words to follow. [B]"You do realize what that means, [I]right?[/I]"[/B]

Shades let their prisoner mull on the thought for a moment, and turned his attention to Mother.

[B]"Incidentally, you wouldn't still happen to have that amulet I gave you during Survivor, would you? You know: the one for the paddle?"[/B]

[B]"You mean the Amulet of Pain?"[/B] she said after brief thought. [B]"Why, yes, I have it right here."[/B]

[B]"Goody."[/B] Shades eyebrows went up, and he smiled. [B]"You might want to warn Charles...."[/B][/FONT]

[color=crimson][size=1]I began to mull over what exactly he meant. Shuddering, I sighed and then I heard something that snapped my head out of the clouds. Warn [b]Charles[/b]? Why would they need to warn [b]Charles[/b]-

[b]"Awh crap."[/b] I said out loud, shoving a hand over my mouth and looking up at them. [b]Shades[/b] looked at me, almost laughing with his eyes. I bit my tongue for a moment, tasting the rush of saliva that came from the bite, and looked up at them.

[b]"What, did you think I was going to run away? I may not be the sharpest lightbulb in the shed, but I'm not stupid either. It just seemed kind of...uncivil that you wouldn't provide simple bathroom facilities to prisoners."[/b] I stopped for a moment. The lightbulb bit had been a tension reliever, mostly for myself. I started again slowly.

[b]"Unless you think that I'm trying to wash away my "Terrorist Smell" or whatever ya wanna call it. I don't know exactly what you're thinking,"[/b] I brought my eyes up to meet with [b]Shades'[/b], [b]"But an Amulet of Pain doesn't sound too fun for me. Maybe for you two, but not me. Explain."[/b][/color][/size]

[color=deeppink]Hours of searching proved pointless as I combed endlessly through topic after topic. The search was hopeless; I wasn't going to find anything this way, and time was quickly running out.

[i]I have no choice. I'll have to use it.[/i]

I turned off my monitors; they would only distract me. I closed my mind and began to focus. I reached deep into my encyclopedic brain, hoping that the answer I saught was there. I began to mumble to myself, blissfully unaware of the concerned stares of my comrades.

[b]Grape Ape and Charlie Bin Laden. A time when they were both looked up to; this would have to be old. [u]Real[/u] old. What could they mean? Was Charlie in Hero? No. What about the old crusade against the Newbie Lounge? No, that doesn't seem right; not old enough.

What could the clue have meant? What does someone look up to? Someone looks up to a hero. An idol. A mentor. A role mo-[/b]

I stopped. That was it. I flipped on a monitor; for this, I only needed one. My fingers moved so fast they could have set the place ablaze; but it was there. I was right, as always; there's a reason they call me the Otaku Historian.

[b]Attention CTU. We have the final bomb, and not a moment too soon. You'll have to trek quite a ways through the old country to get to it, though: but it will be worth it if we can save [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=16255&highlight=role+models]Role Models of Otaku Boards[/URL].

Congratulations, CTU. We've done it; not one bomb has been detonated, not one innocent thread harmed; not that I expected any less. We rock.[/b]

I sat back and basked in the victory. It felt good. It felt even better knowing I had made contact with our savior; we just needed to convince her to join the cause.[/color]

I exited the Manga Workshop more confused and uncertain than I was before this discussion had begun. Was there really a traitor in my organization, and how did Charlie Bin Laden really know about the spy I had planted when this war began?

The first mission was a complete success. I couldn't be more proud of how the CTU handled this job, but I had no way of knowing if they would be as successful in finding an enemy within their own ranks. Still, as I replayed the war in my head certain names and actions seemed to stand out. I figured it was best I keep these suspicions to myself for the time being; tonight we would celebrate our first victory, and welcome the new recruits we had been sent.

I swiped my keycard at the entrance to the base and walked inside. Things were quiet; perhaps [i]too[/i] quiet. Birmingham and Japan greeted me as I entered.

[b]"Hey boss!"[/b] they said in unison, each eating a piece of cake.

[b]"Hello agents,"[/b] I replied, removing my jacket and hanging it against the wall, [b]"Has anyone seen Ploppy the Spaceship? I have urgent matters to discuss."[/b]

Japan pointed me towards the Command Center, where Ploppy was observing activies going on throughout the boards. It was obvious that this latest mission had taken its toll on him, Ploppy had hardly slept in the past 48 hours, and he didn't notice my entrance.

[b]"Are you okay, Ploppy?"[/b] I asked.

[b]"Huzahaha!?"[/b] He shouted as he stumbled out of his chair.

[b]"You've done well, soldier. Perhaps you should rest and let the rest of us take over."[/b]

[b]"No sir. I still haven't had a chance to contact The One. If this Blue Demon really has returned, we'll need her in the coming battle."[/b]

He was right. If the rumors were true we would be out-manned and out-witted by the terrorists. Still, I couldn't risk having one of my best agents falling asleep when I needed him the most.

[b]"Go to your quarters,"[/b] I said as I pointed towards the door, [b]"And that's an order."[/b]

Ploppy saluted me and headed towards his bedroom.

Deciding to keep watch over the base myself, I observed the video monitors closely for any unusual activity. Perhaps the cameras placed throughout our base would give me the information I needed to catch this alleged traitor once and for all.

It was then I noticed several dark figured approaching the base from outside. Visibility was far too low to confirm their identities, so I sounded the alarm immediately and raced to meet these strangers.

Po and Webster were quick to follow me as I raced through the long hallway and towards the main entrance.

[b]"What are we running for?"[/b] Po asked, noticably winded from the short jog.

[b]"Not sure. Why [i]are[/i] we running Grape Ape? This is most unusual!"[/b]

[b]"Someone is at the entrance. I think it might be the TTC."[/b]

[b]"What? That's impossible! We just kicked them out!"[/b] Po replied.

We finally reached the main entrance and opened the door slowly. Webster withdrew the pocket dictionary he held in his pocket, and prepared to use it as a weapon.

The dark figured approached, slowly creepingo into the light of the entryway. A shiver of fear went through my spine until I saw the identity of these mysterious guests.

A beautiful young woman entered the room and we instantly locked eyes. It was her.

[b]"Hello Shy,"[/b] she said, [b]"It's been a long time. You hardly ever write me anymore."[/b]

[b]"I'm sorry, my dear. You know how war is. And I go by 'Grape Ape' now."[/b]

We laughed, and I turned towards Webster and Po.

[b]"Gentlemen, I would like you to meet Sara. The reinforcements have arrived."[/b]

The search for the traitor begins, but first we have a problem to deal with in the Suggestions forum. If their pleas for hentai and larger banners are not countered soon we will undoubtedly be flooded with giant, hideous banners featuring Mitch.

Please take some time to greet the new members, and new members please come up with a code name for yourself within your first post.

[b]The details of how to catch the traitor will be revealed shortly, but for now please deal with the worst suggestion ever![/b]

- [b][color=purple]Grape Ape[/b][/color]

[size=1][color=#b0000b][b]Sara looked around the entrance to the complex, quietly taking stock of the situation.[/b] The building, with its unsettling mash-up of design styles, was somehow familiar. Long industrial corridors, homey kitchens, talking elevators next to spiraling staircases, modern jail cells alongside medieval dungeons?the place was an architectural disaster. Some of this was ancient... some could have been added last week, for all she knew. It had been years, then, since she had been here, but despite the changes since her time, it was the same place.

With?just maybe??some of the same people? She's gotten an urgent message from first one old friend, then a second. "We need your help," they'd said. "Like old times."

Like old times? Was that even possible? It had been years?literally years?since they three had been united on one front. She remembered the fun, the thrills and the danger?but that was all long past. [b]"I got out of that game years ago,"[/b] she'd said. [b]"I thought you did, too."[/b]

But something had happened, and they'd contacted her?both of them, separately. How could she turn them down? [b]"It wouldn't be the same without you,"[/b] one had said. [b]"After all, we are the Triad."[/b]

[i]Were[/i] the Triad, she'd almost said. Past tense?long past. And she almost believed it... But really, from the first moment they'd contacted her, she didn't have a choice. Comrades at arms once, comrades also for life.

The door opened before her?and despite his earlier messages to her, she almost didn't believe her eyes.

"Hello Shy," she said. "It's been a long time." Then, with the slightest hint of accusation: "You hardly ever write me anymore."

Her old friend smiled. [b]"I'm sorry, my dear. You know how war is. And I go by 'Grape Ape' now."[/b]

"I heard," she smiled wryly. "Ner?ah... [i]Ploppy[/i] told me. He's really here, too? Where? I want to see him."

"I sent him to his room. He needs to sleep."

"Right, well he'll never forgive either of us if I don't go see him right away."

Grape Ape turned to introduce her to his companions, 'Webster,' and 'Po.' [b]"You'll need a callsign, too,"[/b] he added as she shook hands with them.

"Ploppy told me that, also" she said, settling into the situation. Despite the years and the unfamiliar faces, this almost seemed like home.

"Nice to meet you," she smiled at her new team. "But I really need to run; I'll be right back. Call me [b]Drei[/b]," she called over her shoulder, as she ran down the hallway to find Ploppy.[/color][/size]

Guest Karumi-chan
[SIZE=1]Karumi-chan was very excited to be a part of the CTU. She walked down the hallways of the base smiling, until she got to her new room. She put away her things and then went to "tour" the place.

She was surprised at how great the inside of the secret base was....Coffee machines, candy machines, a huge kitchen. She was at home, and glad.

"I will help in any way I can, sir." She told Shy as she passed by him in the hallway.

He turned around, and smiled. "Thanks. Do you need a tour or anything?"

"No sir, I'm fine." She turned around, almost forgetting. She turned back around " Grape Ape, sir!"

"...Yes?"

"My call name shall be Pooty Tang, The Muffin. Call me Muffin for short."

"Okay Muffin."[/SIZE]

[Color=DarkBlue]When JJ recieved the call to join the CTU, he accepted right away and hastily packed a couple of pictures and a change of clothes into his suitcase and struck out for the HQ. He arrived shortly thereafter and slipped in quietly, showing the doorguard his letter.

With his suitcase still in hand, he walked into the Command Center and came upon everyone in a bustle. He stopped the first person he could and grinned, "Hi, I'm JJ, I'm new here, could you direct me to my room or someone who can direct me there?"

"Webster's the name. Rooms are down the hall on the right, just follow the hall until you reach them. You can't miss them actually. Welcome to the CTU." Webster replied, pointing to the hall.

"Thanks." He replied, waving.

JJ moved to the hall and down it, finally finding the room with his name on it. He unpacked his photos and set his clothes in the dresser and plopped onto the bed. The day was already a whirlwind and this was the first time he had sat down and took a deep breath. He was here. It was time to start the fight.

He got up off the bed and slipped through the "wooshy" door, into the hall. It was quiet, so he headed back up the Command Center, to see if his help was needed with anything. He came upon Webster again, watching a screen.

"Hey, Webster it was? Is there anything I can help with right now?" JJ asked, tapping him lightly on the shoulder.

"Not at the moment, we just foiled a huge attack and we're awaiting the next. Oh! You need to come up with a codename, if you would. It's part of the strategy, you see." Webster explained, turning around.

"Ah!" JJ replied, stroking his chin.

He thought about it for a second and replied, "I believe Treu is a fitting name. So, from here on out, call me Treu."

Webster nodded, "Sounds fitting."

"Do you think you could show me around, or direct me to someone who could show me around?" JJ asked, still amazed at the size of the HQ.[/COLOR]

((Tag Wondershot. :>))

[FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]With a bag pack in carried behind her, she walked into the dimly lit room. Her footsteps echoed through the steel walled hallway. She had been walking for thirty minutes flat and decided that she is lost in the big CTU base. She walked on and on until she saw light coming from in front of her at around ten feet away.

[B]?Great, now where am I?!?[/B]

It seems that she ended up at the one of the CTU base?s balcony. Tired and frustrated at the same time, she placed her bag beside her and sat on the cement floor. She took out her handkerchief and wiped her sweat off her forehead. She sighed deeply to herself and began to doze into a deep slumber.

[B]?Hey, umm?are you okay? Hey, get up!?[/B]

She woke up jolted and saw a man wearing a purple uniform in front of her. Then, she saw his name tag saying ?Grape Ape?. Without wasting time, she stood up and saluted at him.

[B]?I?m sorry, sir. I won?t do that again!?[/B]

Grape Ape let out a small chuckle. [B]?Well, at least you know what you did was wrong. You are one of our new recruits, aren?t you??

?Yes, sir.?

?You don?t have to be so formal. Call me Grape Ape.?

?Okay?Grape Ape.?

?Good. Now, what?s your call name??[/B]

Call name? Right, she remembered that she needed a call name. It?s a special identity for those who are in the CTU. [B]?My call name is Sonic.?

?Okay, Sonic. Welcome to the CTU.?[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Webster, rising in a single motion from his chair, glances at Treu and begins making his way towards the door in large strides. Strides so massive in scope that Treu had to jog slightly to keep up.

"Now then, headquarters is extremely spacious and features a number of facilities that will take a number of hours to cover in one unbroken tour, therefore I have seen fit to condense the entirety of our installation into a seventeen minute and forty-eight second trip with an abridged explanation of its multiple features. I am hoping to break the record of the one who mentored me when I first arrived."

Treu, voice shaking slightly from his jogging pace, inquired:

"Who mentored you?"

"No time, the tour is starting."

Webster then takes a sharp left turn and nearly sent the unprepared Treu careening into a corner. Webster begins talking.

"This is a corridor, you will see many of these here, and they will typically guide you towards the next nearest central station, unless you have need of a room that exists perpendicular to the corridor."

Treu stops, puzzled, this seems fairly evident, but he then realizes that he has to sprint to catch up again as Webster continues into the lobby.

"This is our lobby, spacious, comfortable, an ideal area to convene and is often used to hold impromptu meetings."

Webster, not slowing down, points at a far wall.

"Posters, full color, one of them mine, some of them large, all of them inspiring."

At a glance, Treu has an idea which poster is Webster's, a large print of William Shakespeare featuring the caption: JUST SAY NO TO INITIALISM.

En route to the next corridor, Webster grabs a young female agent by the arm and begins leading her with him, all without slowing down, she shrieks in surprise.

"Eh? Where are you taking me? Who are you?"

"I am Webster, you are a new agent, ergo you are unfamiliar with the base's layout, ergo you need a tour. I am giving a tour, and in the interest of efficacy I am including you on the aforementioned tour. Excuse me for failing to answer your questions in the same order you asked them. What is your name?"

The female agent, attempting to piece all of Webster's speech together, only managed to utter "Muffin" before Webster opened one of the double doors into the corridor and she had to dodge behind him to avoid walking into the other one.

"Very well, Agent Muffin. Behind me is Agent Treu, you may exchange formal greetings when the tour is complete."

Treu, beginning to gasp for air from the run, waves to Muffin sheepishly. Before Muffin has a chance to protest the unnecessary nature of the tour, Webster makes a sharp right and opens a door, shouting inside.

"Ploppy the Spaceship's surveillance room."

From within, Treu and Muffin hear Ploppy scream in surprise. Webster slams the door and keeps walking.

"Don't go in there unless you absolutely cannot avert it. Agent Ploppy the Spaceship specializes in electronic surveillance. He was invaluable on our last sortie, capturing the largest number of enemy incendiary weapons."

Treu continues his jog, and Muffin makes her effort to catch up as well, within a few moments, the three are at the prison.

"Prison block, under heavy surveillance, heavier guard and heaviest bricks and mortar. Needless to say, entering is far, far simpler than exiting."

Webster comes to a full stop at one of the cells and turns ninety degrees to his right, making sure to stamp his left foot ceremoniously upon completing the maneuver.

"This is Engel, our prisoner. His interrogation is my responsibility. As you are new, avoid speaking to him without first speaking to me. Being a terrorist, his speech is often laughably incoherent."

Engel's annoyed rasp issues from the chamber.

"Shut up, I speak just fine."

Webster furrows his brow and steers his tour subjects away from the cell.

"I have reason to believe that was an expletive."

Treu points out other figures around the cell door.

"Um, who are these two?"

"These two" that Treu pointed out both turn to face Webster, as they are already intimately familiar with his unorthodox method of giving tours. Webster's words issue like machine gun fire.

"Agent Shades, specializations in espionage and torture tactics, infamous for application of the 'Amulet of Pain' procedure, the details of which are highly classified."

Webster salutes Shades and turns on his heel to face Mother.

"Agent Mother, specializations in medical treatment and baking. You may inquire about either service exclusively at her convenience."

Webster gives his enthusiastic salute, which Mother returns. Webster performs an about face and begins taking strides towards the exit. Upon reaching the lobby once more, Webster starts flailing both arms about as though directing a plane about to takeoff. Amidst the show, the third rookie agent, Sonic, had been pointed in Webster's direction, and Sonic watches as Webster continues his tour uninterrupted.

"About the lobby are a variety of bathroom and kitchen facilities for use at your convenience. Most of these facilities are located fewer than fifty meters from the lobby's center itself, therefore everything you need is almost instantaneously available. You have already been assigned sleeping quarters so you are already familiar with their location. Down the hall is Agent Peacock's office. Specializes in inter-office communications and official interior decorating procedure. Further down that corridor are the offices of our Commander Grape Ape and the other agents, including Po, Gadget, Japan, Gurt, Birmingham, and our newest asset, Drei. They each possess a variety of specializations, which you should confirm with each individual at their own convenience. Any questions?"

The two rookie agents, out of breath, and the third, clueless of what was happening, could barely muster the energy to voice any questions. Webster began his about face to leave, but Muffin pipes up between gasps.

"You didn't introduce yourself completely yet..."

Webster continues his about face until he has turned a full seven hundred and twenty degrees, and then looks at the three agents.

"I am Agent Webster, specialization in translations and interrogation technique. I exist for one reason only: to protect the sanctity of the English language, so that it will never fall to the likes of these terrorists and their bastardized abbreviations like 'lol' or 'omg'."

Webster shuddered visibly on that last sentence.

"Until my time arrives, though, I will fight to protect the words that issue from my mouth, and to assure that no word, no matter how obscure, forgotten, or otherwise in disuse, ever has to suffer in vain."

Webster then strikes the peace sign with both hands, and a fountain of fireworks erupts behind him. Various agents present in the lobby break into applause at the spectacle, before the fireworks die and everyone returns to their normal business. Webster about-faces again and leaves the three stunned agents amidst the smoke and dying embers. He produces a pocket watch from his right pants pocket and eyes the time balefully.

"Eighteen minutes, fourteen seconds. Damn."

[FONT=Tahoma]Eight on the dot, if I was ever late for something it was due to traffic or a bad case of the munchies. I received the call from the CTU, I couldn't believe the voice I heard on the other end. I hadn't seen or spoken to her since...since the artemis job. Her voice never changed, it was a joy to hear. It's been a while but it seems I gained enough trust with the CTU leader known as Grape Ape thanks to my feats with the other unit. Things are about to pick up, I've been filled in as much as I could over the phone. I knock on this door, not only does my life change, but I will implement the greatest change known to this world. Terrorists, the scum of the earth. I will take them all down for the greater good.

I knocked on the door three times as i glanced at my watch, then surveyed my surroundings. I adjusted my sunglasses for a brief second before a pair of blue eyes with strands of red hair dangling and swaying like a pendulum appeared in the eye slot of the door. I tilted my head and shot a brief grin before the slot closed. The door opened and I was greeted with a smile and two arms motioning for me to enter. I walked by her and the door closed behind, I turned around after a few steps down the hallway.

[b]"Zeke...no, Gurt...right?"[/b] I said, trying to remember the code name she had told me she went by for these operations. She walked over to me slowly and with her arms crossed.

[b]"Yes, I'm afraid you'll have to call me that as long as you're here. When you meet with Grape Ape momentarily, you'll choose your own code name as well. Have something in mind?"[/b] she inquired in response.

[b]"I might. You know, it's good seeing you again. Can't wait to meet all the other devotees."[/b] I mentioned as she passed by. She looked back for a brief moment.

[b]"Hope you havn't lost your touch. Things are going to get pretty hectic."[/b]

I let out a facetious [i]Hmph[/i] and followed behind her. Through the next door I was greeted by bright lights and a bit of 007 meets your luxary hotel lobby. It looked pretty cozy and accomodating but I kept a mental note taped to the back of my head that reminded me as many times as I needed it that I wasn't on vacation here. There were some other people in the room, before I could meet any of them I was required to speak directly with Grape Ape.

I followed Gurt to another room located toward the back of the room. As the door opened I saw the man standing there with some other members around.

[b]"Grape Ape, the man you asked me to contact has arrived."[/b] Gurt alerted him as he turned to face me. He reached out his hand and I took it, after a firm shake I placed my sunglasses in my shirt collar.

[b]"Glad we get to finally meet in person."[/b] I said.

[b]"As am I. Before we continue I'll have to ask that you present me with a code name you will be known by from now on for the future operations. Afterwards, Gurt will show you around and introduce you."[/b] he told me. Straight to business, but that is how I expected it. I gave it some deliberation on the trip here after Gurt told me I'd have to select a code name. I was always leaning toward one despite keeping my mind open for further self-proposed suggestions. But now that the time is here, It actually strikes me as rather appropriate.

[b]"Call me [i]Throne[/i]."[/b] I responded. For those who understood the source of my name, they could easily see what the two sides of my coin held in terms of my reputation and my personality. What a clash, but there was little time to enjoy the intricacies of it. Terror was still on the loose, and I am here to extinguish it. That is the CTU's primary function.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Shades glanced back to the exasperated-looking prisoner. [B]"Eh?"[/B] he asked. [B]"Oh, the amulet? No, nothing for you to worry about. It's almost halfway kind of an inside joke. Besides, I deal with the more mental and psychological aspects of torture, and thankfully we haven't been reduced to that yet."[/B]

At that moment, Webster came flying down the corridor, two new recruits in tow (literally; they were all but dragging behind him), uttered three terse, almost unintelligible speeches, snapped two precise salutes, and retreated. Shades would have continued, but he could no longer recall what he might have been about to say. His mouth opened dumbly and remained that way for a second.

He blinked.

Twice.

[B]"Umm . . .
[indent]. . .what just happened?"[/indent][/B][/FONT]

[Font=Book Antiqua]All three of the new recruits stood in the middle of the Command Center, out of breath and still trying to process all that Webster had shown them and explained to them. Plus the fireworks always threw one off, if only just a little bit.

JJ blinked twice and looked to the others, who were just as dumbstruck as he. Sonic was scratching her chin and Muffin looked as if her jaw might drop at any moment. It was quite a sight to see, three new recruits, all totally speachless.

After what seemed like another couple of hours, JJ found his voice, "So...now that we have that..."

"Yeah! I'm worried by what comes next from our teammates." Muffin commented, starting to grin.

"That reminded me of Sailor Moon somewhat." Sonic remarked, chuckling.

"That thought crossed my mind as well, but I wasn't going to be the one to mention it." JJ answered, laughing.

The grin on Muffin's face widened somewhat as she quietly began to laugh with, joining the already chuckling Sonic. Soon, all three of them were laughing, if only to wash away the shock effect. Another sight, these three newbies, all laughing. People began to stare and JJ noticed, so he slowly calmed down.

"OK, now that we've got that out of our system...what shall we do now?" JJ asked, looking to the other two.[/FONT]

"Arise, Engel, we have critically important matters to discuss."

Engel, tiring somewhat of the endless parade of agents before him, barely turns his head towards the cell door. To his amazement, the door opens, and Webster enters, carrying a folding chair and a laptop computer. Webster would never even consider entering the cell otherwise, so what was happening must be...critically important...or whatever Webster said.

Webster turns to face the two agents still outside.

"I'm afraid that the hygiene lesson will have to be postponed until a later juncture. Please vacate the premises post-haste so that I might commence my interrogation."

Agent Mother looked at Webster worriedly.

"The man has to go to the bathroom and he's still somewhat groggy from the...aspirin. Can't this wait until later?"

"I am on direct orders from Commander Grape Ape, our detainee is to be interrogated immediately and in private. I'm sorry, but I must ask both you and Agent Shades to leave."

Mother and Shades both eyed each other and Webster carefully, then slowly exited the prison block, footsteps echoing out into the hall. Webster turned his head slightly to the side.

"Agent Ploppy the Spaceship, please disengage all security cameras and microphone setups for this block."

Ploppy's confused voice issued over the public address.

"What? Isn't that, like, really really dangerous?"

"I am on orders, Agent Ploppy the Spaceship, please disengage all the cameras and microphones...and turn out the lights."

A sigh issues from the PA, and a moment later, the lights all click off at once. Webster looks around, and, seeing no lights to indicate camera activity, flips open the laptop. The cell is now illuminated by a faint blue light from the laptop's LCD. Webster begins talking, slowly and more deliberately than usual.

"Engel, what I am about to offer you is nothing short of the opportunity of a lifetime. Pay close attention, because I will only brief you on the details once."

Engel sits up, now genuinely curious. Webster's vulnerability, with no cameras or agents present, was somewhat surprising, but all thoughts of attempting a sneak attack disappeared from Engel's mind as he looks at the laptop's screen. On it is a text file...

"Engel, we are prepared to dismiss all charges of terrorist activity held against you and offer you a position as an agent within CTU."

Engel looks up at Webster briefly, and, upon focusing on the screen, realizes what the text file contains...

CTU CHARTER/CODE OF CONDUCT

"We believe that your cooperation as of late, and critical aid in assisting us locate the suitcase bombs on our last sortie were deserving of reward, and for a reformed terrorist as yourself, we found that no reward would be more fitting."

Engel snorts and leans back in his chair.

"You're wasting your time, there's no way I would consider joining you."

Webster's poker face doesn't shift in the slightest.

"In that case, you will remain in our custody indefinitely or...you plan to make an attempt to free yourself and return to your comrades?"

Engel smiles, showing yellowed teeth. The stench makes Webster recoil slightly.

"That's the plan. Almost worked last time too."

"Really, because, fascinatingly enough, I don't think that is what your allies were dispatched here to do."

Engel's smile makes a seamless transformation to a frown.

"How's that?"

"Engel, we have reason to believe that the mission of those who invaded your cell block was not to liberate you, but to assassinate you."

An agonizingly extended pause. Engel turns in his chair.

"That's ridiculous, they weren't trying to do that."

"Consider this logically, Engel. We were going to extract information from you regarding the location of their bombs. They had to find a way to prevent this from happening, so they had two avenues down which they could proceed: rescue you, or kill you. The limited number of agents involved in the infiltration, as well as the nature of their distraction suggests that they were attempting to achieve the latter objective."

Engel turns to face Webster, furious.

"How can you say that?! They were here for my freedom! They told me so themselves!"

Webster reaches around and presses a few keys on the laptop.

"In that case, you might be interested in hearing this."

An audio file opens on the screen. A moment later, Engel hears the distinctive voice of his comrade, Rai Al Haswiri.

"I'm afraid that these negotiations are at an end...It will be a great honor for Engel to die...and be reunited with the Great Mother in the Sky!..."

Engel winces slightly. Rai said that? It was normal of Rai to be somewhat fanatical...but this was uncalled for...

Webster's expression still remains unaltered.

"Also, I believe you will recognize this video feed."

Webster types a few more keys, and a video feed of Engel's own cell appears on screen. It is timestamped according to the hours of the earlier invasion, and Engel recognizes Premonition standing just outside. Premonition is pointing his firearm at Engel.

"Now...free Engel...or I'll shoot Engel!"

"Dude!"

"Urr..."

Webster ceases the video feed. Engel is in shock, he does remember that incident.

"Now, what sort of comrade would threaten the life of his own rescue subject as a method of bargaining? The nature of their infiltration was evident, they sought to silence you by force."

Engel stares at Webster, eyes searing with fury.

"What do you want? You think that just because you got some audio...and that video means that you can so easily convince me that my comrades are trying to kill me?!"

"No, but I have reason to believe that the conditions we are under currently will make you consider my offer more carefully."

Webster rises and about faces in a single motion, and walks out the cell door, which slams behind him. Engel barely manages to react to Webster's speed, let alone attempt escape. Webster about faces again and looks at Engel.

"This cell block is completely cut off. No cameras, no lights, no agents. It would be laughably easy for one of your ex-comrades to slip in at some point and pierce your cranium with a few rounds of ammunition. In fact, the fact that I am willing to risk my own life in such a scenario, being here with you, should suggest the gravity of the situation as well as my seriousness in this matter."

Engel looks around, beads of sweat starting to roll. Webster does have a point. Webster then indicates the laptop which he has left active within the cell.

"However, the solution is simple. This laptop has no Internet connection, no method of establishing outside contact. What you are going to do is write a post for the thread [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57242&page=5][u]Hentai and Bigger Stuff![/u][/URL] in which you publicly denounce the stance the terrorists have taken on the matter. Once you do so, you may inform Agent Ploppy the Spaceship of the matter through the microphone surveillance that he will activate once I leave. As soon as you do, the lights and cameras will come back on, our agents will enter, verify the content of your post, and then escort you to the office of Commander Grape Ape so that you may submit the post and he may begin your briefing and establish your role as a full Agent of CTU."

Engel stares at the laptop. In the distance, Webster's voice continues.

"I should also remind you that the longer you remain under these blackout conditions, the greater the risk you run that your ex-allies will attempt to complete their mission a second time, only under far less resistance. Please complete the post quickly so that we might assure your security as soon as possible."

Engel stares at the laptop nervously. He opens a word processor and looks at the single vertical line on the screen with apprehension. Webster's voice, now surprisingly faint, issues from the far hallway.

"I have faith in your potential as an agent of our organization. I hope you make the best decision."

With a slam, the cell block door closes, and Engel continues to stare at the vertical line, its blinking matching his heartbeat...

Outside, Webster reaches into his pocket and pulls out a covert earpiece. He speaks into it surreptitiously.

"Agent Ploppy the Spaceship, are the night-vision cameras active in his cell block?"

"Roger, Roger. I can see everything in that block, so no worries."

"Perfect. We aren't about to run the risk that they try to rescue him again when I just convinced him that they are trying to kill him."

"Not sure I understood all that, chief, but I won't miss a thing, so go take care of business and I'll let you know if he writes the post, all right?"

"Excellent. Agent Webster out."

Webster removes the earpiece. Another job well done. He goes to the kitchen to fix himself his celebratory mint tea.

[color=crimson][size=1]My face abandoned all color as I stared at the laptop. It was a Vaio, and probably quite expensive. I immersed myself in these details as I gulped loudly, trying to block out the possibilies rushing to my mind. Trying to kill me? I bit my tounge, feeling not the rush of saliva, but the rush of blood. I swallowed carefully and placed my fingers on the keyboard of the Vaio as the single line pulsed in one steady beat, unaffected by the thundering of my heart inside of my ribcage. I swalloed and grit my teeth, gnashing them so and I set to work, remembering only a few things my teacher had once told me.

I sat back in the folding chair, my eyes tired and dull. My fingers were worked, and my mind stressed. Maybe this CTU was right. Maybe I was on the wrong side of this fight. If my former comrades were going to kill me, they weren't ever my comrades. He yelled loud enough for Mr. Ploppy the Spaceship to hear him.

[b]"Oy, I'm done with my post. I didn't know what to write as "publically announcing", since this entire operation on both sides is ment to be kept secret from the general populace of Otakuboards, so I slipped it in at the end, and supported your ideals. Which, ironically, I agree with."[/b] In the darkness of the cell, illuminated by the bright light of the screen, I had two things on my mind. Whether I'd be killed, and what they were going to do to me if I wrote it wrong. Another thought entered my head.

[i]I hope the battery on this thing doesn't die before the guys get here to verify it.[/i] However, at that precise moment, Ploppy came in and claimed the Notebook PC from me, reading over it and taking it for verification. [url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?p=777351#post777351]Hentai and Bigger Stuff![/url] was the title of the document, and it seemed somewhat extensive on my views. He nodded and looked at me for a minute.

[b]"Stand up."[/b] I nodded and slowly stood up, and he took me out of the cell, to the restroom. He stood outside, and waited for me to do my thing. Coming out smelling decent, my face shaved and my teeth a few shades lighter, I looked at Ploppy. He handed me the notebook and began to lead me in a direction that was somewhat North.

[b]"We're going to submit this to Grape Ape."[/b][/color][/size]

I sat at Ploppy's seat in the Command Center and tapped my fingers impatiently against the desk. Just the mere thought of having a traitor within my organization sickened me; how could I have been so careless as to let something like this happen?

The video monitors lit up once more, this time displaying a series of disturbing images from the past day. Tentacles, cleavage and robots were attacking the Suggestions forum, clearly another distraction from the problem at hand.

[i]"These terrorists sicken me,"[/i] I thought to myself, [i]"Have they no decency?"[/i]

While we may have lost our nerve in some portions of the battle, it was the terrorists who suffered the true casualties. Premonition, one of the alleged 'freedom fighters' who had infiltrated our base only hours ago, was ruthlessly killed by Charlie Bin Laden for his insubordination. The punishment for agreeing with the CTU, even for a moment, was certain death. I wondered if this and the current rehabilitation of Engel were early signs of victory.

Still, no victory could be assured while one of our own was secretly turning against us.

Ploppy the Spaceship entered the room, followed closely behind by the former prisoner Engel.

[b]"Grape Ape. The prisoner has publicly turned his backs to the terrorists."[/b] Ploppy said as he snatched a notebook computer from Engel's hands.

The agent opened the screen and allowed me to read this declaration for myself. It was a simple, but effective argument for the CTU.

[b]"At this point in the game,"[/b] I said sternly, [b]"We are going to need to make stronger points than that."[/b]

Ploppy nodded and Engel began to lower his head in shame.

[b]"But, I must admit, it's an excellent job for a... turncoat like yourself. Welcome to the organization, Eng--"[/b]

[b]"No!"[/b] the young man shouted, [b]"Engel was the name of a monster and a terrorist. That man is dead... I want you to call me [u]Sanguinius[/u]."[/b]

[b]"Very well, Sanguinius. I have an important mission for you... for everyone."[/b]

I pressed one of the buttons on the Command Center, sending out a high-frequency signal to summon the rest of the CTU. We had quite a mystery on our hands, and we needed to find someone to solve it.

All of you have received a PM detailing the specifics of this next mission. There will be three rounds of interrogation, each containing three questions. It is up to you to think of these questions and elect a spokesperson to ask them.

[b]You have until tomorrow night (roughly 30 hours from this post) to select that spokesperson and decide which questions you should use.[/b] Personal questions that would reveal the identity of the potential traitors such as 'How old are you?" "Where are you from?" or "What is your name?" obviously won't be allowed.

I challenged the terrorists to create a hentai thread in the Anime Lounge to gague any potential interest in the subject. I urge you NOT to post in it. That thread will die on its own, completely killing their argument that there is demand for a hentai forum. If you have any opinions about the subject, please continue to post them in the Suggestions thread. You have all done an excellent job so far.

- [b][color=purple]Grape Ape[/b][/color]

Edit: It also appears there is some sort of strange thread in the Otaku Lounge created by Alan (DeadSeraphim.) This is not a coordinated terror attack, so ignore it.

[I]A traitor? How could anyone willingly work for those terrible terrorists?[/I] Mother thought. She had made some nice chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles for the newest recruits but her heart was heavy as she brought them out and set them on the table for the others.

In no time all of them were gone but even seeing their happy faces couldn't cheer her up. For in addition to learning there was a traitor she had heard terrible news. "[B]Poor Prem.[/B]" She whispered to herself.

"[B]What was that Mother?[/B]" The newest one called Throne asked her.

"[B]Haven't you heard? Prem was finally starting to see the light, the foolishness of being a terrorist.[/B]" She choked a bit but continued. "[B]They killed him and fed him to that horrible beast that they freed![/B]"

Stunned silence met her words. Mother could see the shock in their eyes. "[B]Now more than ever it's vital that we put an end to their terrorizing ways![/B]" She picked up the empty tray that the cupcakes had been on.

"[B]Now if you'll excuse me, I need to clean this up and say a prayer for that poor boy's soul.[/B]" And without a word she left the main room.

[color=crimson][size=1]I nodded at Grape Ape, adopting my new name, [b]Sanguinius.[/b] I looked down to my hands and flexed them. After forcing myself to abandon my terrorist ways and write that post about how I felt on just one of many issues, I felt like I recognized my own hands against. They were warm and slightly weathered, but felt comfortable. Looking up, I spoke to my new Commander.

[b]"Sir, may I ask something?"[/b] Wanting to sound more refined than I must of looked, I had adopted a different manner of speaking when speaking to Grape Ape. More...intelligent.

[b]"Certainly."[/b] He said in reply, simple and effective. I nodded and wet my lips by licking them with my tongue.

[b]"As a new member of the OBCTU, I would like to know a couple of things. Do I have a living space here, and where's the mess hall or other dining place?"[/b] Dropping the formal aspect, I looked at Grape Ape in slight distress. [b]"I can't exactly remember the last time I had anything that wasn't cold and already been sitting out for a few days to eat."[/b]

Knowing what I meant, he nodded in a sagely fashion.

[b]"Perhaps Mother, or someone else, could show you to the mess hall. When whoever feels like showing you around arrives, I'll assign you a quarter where you may put your thi-"[/b] He stopped short, and then looked at me while reaching into his desk. He pulled out several things. Among them were a Warhammer 40k Novel, a cell phone subscribed to the T-mobile service provider, and a 30 GB black iPod. The other items, which were less noteworthy, were a bundle of 20 dollar bills, exactly 37 cents in change, and a 15 piece pack of gum with only 13 pieces left. Locking eyes with me in an almost dangerous way, he continued, as if sizing me up the entire time. [b]"A quarter where you may put your things. Take your stuff from my desk and wait out in the hallway. Someone will be here shortly. Our new mission has high priority, however, and I don't expect you to slow us down in the least, Sanguinius. Don't make me regret this, alright?'[/b] Grape Ape looked at me with a sense of tiredness about him.

[b]"Thank you, Mr. Grape. Ape. Mr. Grape Ape. Err...sir."[/b] I stuttered, not exactly sure what to say as I picked my possessions up from his desk, and moved out into the hallway, sighing with relief. Quietly, I waited until the person who would introduce me into my new life would come along, like the Grape Ape said they would.

[[Tag, anyone who feels up to the task.]][/color][/size]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Japan set her book on the kitchen table. She smiled when she smelled the cookies baking. "Mother, those chocolate chip cookies smell great!"

Mother beamed as she set down a plate full of the first batch and two glasses of milk.

"Ya know, mum?" Japan stated in between bites. "I think you will make a good spokesperson. You are calm. collected, and caring. I put in my vote for you. Mmmmm, these cookies are so delicious!"

Japan dunked the last bite of her cookie into her glass of milk and popped it into her mouth. She went back to having her nose in her book. This time, it was Moby Dick.[/COLOR]

Mother, leaving the break room, is currently in the process of heading for the lobby's kitchen to put away the tray when Webster, suit spotted with chocolate sprinkles, sidles up to her.

"Excuse me, Agent Mother, may I have a moment to inquire further about the circumstances surrounding the death of the terrorist Premonition?"

Mother, perturbed, turns pained eyes towards the curious Webster.

"I'm sorry, but I really don't want to talk about it, it's just too horrible..."

"I understand, and I apologize, but I cannot further stress importance of knowing the circumstances surrounding the terrorists death. Engel's life may depend on it."

Mother, used to Webster's formality and politesse in these situations, is somewhat puzzled by Webster's final statement.

"How so?"

"Engel's...rather, Agent Sanguinius' entering into our ranks was dependent on the fact that I convinced him that his former comrades were out to assassinate him."

Mother nodded, it sounded like a fairly standard ploy of Webster's.

"All right, so if I tell him what those filthy creatures did to Premonition then he will certainly want to stand against them."

Webster, looking noticeably worried, takes a step in front of Mother.

"No, no, you see, we can't know that for sure."

Mother gazes at Webster, eyes full of confusion. She has no idea where he is going with this.

"Look...I had to convince Sanguinius that the terrorist strike the other day was set up to kill him to prevent him from divulging information. To make the situation even more convincing, I had to use video footage that suggested that Premonition was the one assigned to do the deed. If Sanguinius learns that Premonition was killed for insubordination, then he might suspect that it had something to do with Premonition's threat to kill Sanguinius. If Sanguinius suspects that, then he might suspect that they were there to free him after all. If he suspects that...then he cannot be trusted."

Mother's brow relaxes somewhat, her expression becoming one of annoyance and pity.

"Agent Webster, is it really that hard for you to trust him? He's a new man, he's denounced the ways of the terrorists in public. There's no reason for him to turn his back on us now!"

"I know, I know, I'm just making all the necessary precautions."

"Well you should think about your methods a little more carefully, Agent Webster. We don't have to resort to these cloak-and-dagger tricks and illusions to get people to fight for what is right. You should have thought of that before you started playing your mind games with Sanguinius."

Webster looks noticeably disturbed. Mother relaxes her expression and walks around him, continuing to the kitchen.

"I don't know anything further about Premonition's death. The details I do know I got from Commander Grape Ape, so you should ask him. Out of respect for the situation you have created, I'm not going to tell Sanguinius about Premonition, but I fully expect you to. You can phrase the situation however you like, but you must tell him, and you cannot lie about anything to him anymore. Is that clear?"

Webster stops and bows his head.

"Affirmative, Agent Mother."

"Good, now if you'll excuse me, I have to wash this off."

Mother turns on her heel and continues her determined trek to the kitchen. Webster's voice rings out once more from behind her.

"Agent Mother, if I may."

Mother stops to regard Webster once more.

"I believe that your abilities and techniques in the realm of personal communication are quite effectual, and, in some regards, you make a far more effective communicator than I ever could. Therefore, I would like you to know that you have my full support and recommendation should you wish to act as the CTU's spokesperson on our upcoming sortie."

Mother smiles. Though Webster's methods are, from time to time, questionable, she does have a feeling that his heart is indeed in the right place.

"Thank you, Agent Webster, dismissed."

Webster snaps Mother a quick salute and then retreats down the central corridor to Grape Ape's office, his initial destination, as he was asked to guide Sanguinius to his quarters. He takes Mother's words to heart as he brushes the chocolate off his suit, and tells himself that he will inform Sanguinius of Premonition's death.

At least, he will after giving Sanguinius the tour...

[color=crimson][size=1] Small white earbuds inside of my ear canal sang sweet whispers to me, talking about some far off place known as the 'Rivers of Avalon.' While in fact, this place did not exist, the Red Hot Chili Peppers inspired the feeling that some place just like it could, and that it would give all life greater meaning if found. Of course, this was just a song, and but an expression in a world that is fractured and is holding itself together by will and what could be described as otherworldy duct-tape. I yawned, picking a more upbeat track from my selection of songs. What rang into my ear was in fact, "Tell Me Baby." As I nodded my head along with the song, Webster approached me.

I didn't pause the song, but let it continue, asking me where I came from and what my story was. Instead, I slid my gaze to meet his, prompting a hello with a simple wave of my right hand. He looked at me and crossed his arms over his chest in a professional sort of manner. Either he was waiting for me to question his presense, or waiting for me to turn off the music. Not knowing which it was, I did both.

[b]"So, Mr. Webster, what brings you to Grape Ape's office?"[/b] I asked, figuring a number of possibilites, from the ever possible scenario where he was simply here to puncture my skull with an icepick and call it as I had tried to attack him first, to the scene where he consults Grape Ape about the exact number of chocolate chips that should be present in a batch of a dozen chocolate chip cookies. It was neither of these.

[b]"Not here to see the Commander. Rather, I'm here to give you the tour."[/b] He didn't sound displeased, but instead preoccupied. I rose my eyebrow, but said nothing regarding his intonation. I supposed I would find out if it was my buisiness. Removing myself from the leaning position against the wall, I tucked the earbuds of the iPod into my jeans pocket and the novel in the large inside pocket of my black leather coat that could hold any size of items from a pack of Orbit gum to a Desert Eagle and several clips of ammunition. At this moment, it held only loose lint fibers, and now a novel.

[b]"Lead the way, Agent Webster."[/b] I said, in the most formal tone I could muster. This whole day had been dizzying and I only wanted a place to find sweet solitude. I plucked a piece of gum from the case still held in my left hand. It was slightly smashed. I ate it anyway.

[b]"Got an extra piece?"[/b] Webster replied with a tone of subtle familiarity, though it might of been my hopeful imagination. I nodded and held out the package that now contained 12 pieces of Orbit gum. He took two. I said nothing, but almost smiled to myself as Webster beckoned me with a flick of his wrist, and we set off at a moderate pace.

[b]"So, Sanguinius. Seen the light, have we?"[/b] Although the tone held no mockery, I suspected a level of it. I was wrong in my paranoia, and I realized that fact as I gazed into his eyes once more. They seemed to smolder with interest.

[b]"I suppose you might say that, I never really belonged there. I conflicted with their ideals, though I was brought up with such thoughts. It became a pattern of life I hadn't broken until now. My faith in the terrorist cell was never too strong."[/b] I told Webster as he showed me around the facility.

[b]"Perhaps you'll elaborate on that? -There's Mother,"[/b] He interrupted his own train of thought, pointing into the mess hall at the cheery figure that was Mother, reaching in with an oven mitt to pull out a tray of cookies. Upon seeing us, she turned and flashed a cheery smile at the two of us, waving us on. [b]"That's the mess hall, by the way."[/b] Webster added as an afterthought. He spoke again. [b]"Well, the cooking area of it. After THAT is the true dining area. It might take you a bit of time to get used to this place."[/b]

[b]"I certainly like it a lot more than the Terrorist Cell. Rai is a fanatic. She always buggered me a bit, going on and on about the Great Mother and returning everyone to the Lifestream. About that whole, "Never really had a lot of faith"? Yeah, it seemed a little weak in logic. At the very top level of the world, there is order. Underneath that, is a layer of chaos. Underneath that chaos, order. On and on and on, until you reach nothing. To me, it's a fine infrastructure that should not be troubled with by blanketing the world with an extra sheet of chaos. From order comes chaos, and chaos order. If we did not have chaos at one point or another, how would we know how to define order?"[/b] I asked, looking at Webster. We'd both stopped moving. He pointed to the door, which flashed from blank to read, [b]"Sanguinius' Room."[/b][/color][/size]

[[Tag, Wondershot. I didn't want to extend it further, as I wanted to see your ideas on my/Sanguinius' view on the order of the world. And for you to break it to him yourself about Premonition. =p]]

"These are your quarters. The level of cleanliness at which you are expected to keep them is in written in the Charter."

Webster motions a hand about the room, bare and minimalist, but containing enough space that Sanguinius can see the potential for a very comfortable living space. He begins to unpack his possessions onto the bed and then begins obsessively filing them in drawers and cabinets. The process takes all of five minutes. Upon completion, he stands waiting at the door. Webster shrugs slightly.

"That's it. You are now free to do as you please in the common areas, or wait here for your next assignment."

Sanguinius looks around. His room hardly has any more of that "lived in" feeling than it did before he put his stuff there. However, he turns to Webster, who, seemingly having read his mind, continues.

"In response to the subject of your faith in the order of the world. I can only say that I believe that it is important for our agents to have some sort of belief that guides them to do their duty, and I find it encouraging that you are finding yours so quickly."

"Really, then what is your belief?"

Webster sighs, about faces, walks a few feet away, then about faces again and stares at Sanguinius.

"I have no strong beliefs about the order of the world, or about who controls what in the world, but what I do believe is that all sentences should have a subject and a verb, no one should end a phrase on a proposition, people should all spell to the best of their abilities and use proper punctuation and capitalization, and that entire colloquial phrases should be reduced to acronyms in only the most extreme circumstances. Words should only be used if their full meaning is understood, and that the misuse of a word is punishable by immediate correction, no matter how annoying or repetitious these corrections become. CTU has allowed me to realize my beliefs and make them a part of what it is that I do here, and it is for that reason that I am proud to be known as Agent Webster. Normally, I would strike a pose at this time and fireworks would ignite, but we are in too small an area to do that safely."

Sanguinius stares, somewhat dumbfounded at this display, but Webster seems unperturbed.

"Now, if we may move onto more serious matters..."

Webster pauses, and motions to Sanguinius to sit on the bed. Sanguinius does, and Webster takes a moment to sit down next to him. A full twenty seconds of silence pass before Webster speaks again.

"In more serious matters, I have been asked to inform you that your former ally, Premonition, has been executed by the terrorists."

If Sanguinius was shocked by the news, he did a marvelous job hiding it. He continues.

"Really? But he tried to kill me, why should I know this?"

"We feel that, in the interest of assuring trust between you and the rest of CTU, that you are aware of any and all events relating to the terrorist faction."

Sanguinius pauses for a minute, then rises.

"Assuring trust? That's all in the past now, I'm a new person."

Webster rises also.

"I am aware, but I felt that it was my duty to inform you, as I interrogated you in the past and felt that I should be the one to tell you that...I am now ready to trust you."

Sanguinius looks Webster over, he seems uncharacteristically nervous, and that last sentence barely made any sense. Sanguinius barely manages a smile.

"You trust me? It's taken you that long?"

"It tends to, as it is my job to rely on obfuscation and falsehood to achieve my ends while expecting nothing better from those I interrogate."

Sanguinius' expression falls. Webster continues.

"However...I would not have suggested making you an agent to my superiors unless I was completely willing to trust you and believe that you would be a fine CTU agent, and I honestly believe these things, so any sort of animosity we once had in the past should be dealt with as quickly as possible so that we may cooperate to achieve greater things."

Sanguinius manages to crack a smile again.

"Well, Agent Webster, I admit that I had my doubts about you as well, but, in actuality, I should thank you for the opportunity that you have given me...and for admitting that you trust me."

Sanguinius extends a hand to shake, but Webster merely looks at it in confusion. Instead, Webster looks up and snaps an enthusiastic salute, which Sanguinius barely manages to return before Webster about faces and marches out of the dormitory. Sanguinius watches him leave, amused at how little things change sometimes.

Webster, out in the hall, doesn't concern himself with how long his latest tour took him, as he believes that he has finally accomplished everything he set out for, and that sense of accomplishment is finally making him feel a little better.

[FONT=Tahoma]Killed eh? By his own comrades...that's how loosely the bond between the terrorists is, how can they even expect to stand up to the cohesive unit that is the CTU. When Agent Mother broke the news, all that ran through my mind was that they are even more foolish than I thought. Dissension, mistrust, and misunderstanding within the ranks of an already disreputable group. This may be even easier than I thought.

Agent Mother, not someone you'd typically associate with our position yet at the same time it's hard to envision otherwise when considering how naturally and seamlessly she acted around HQ. What a spokesperson of sorts she might make one day if the situation ever called for one. The way she spoke was filled with confidence, conviction, and sincerity...and I had only heard her say a few words at most. She was indeed trustworthy. I looked back at Gurt and Peacock who were having a brief chat while I advanced over to the coffee table and stood beside another member.

[b]"You must be Throne. Welcome to the team, you can call me Shades."[/b] the man said, stirring a half-filled cup of coffee.

[b]"Glad to be aboard. So tell me, Shades. I've been filled in on quite a lot of the most recent happenings. How sure can we be that we've truly gained ourself an ally in this terrorist prisoner?"[/b] I asked. I was greatly curious in what his answer would be, this would be a good chance to get an idea on the mindset of many of my allies. Everything seemed like a well oiled machine but achieving a certain level of connection within your allies was important in this line of work as well.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Japan returned to her room rather preoccupied. Tossing her book carelessly onto the end of her bed, she paced about the length of her quarters, her skirt trailing behind her in unison. [B]Why did they kill one of their own?[/B] She muttered as she threw her hands up with disgust. [B]But then again, he was an idiot. Not worth anyone's time and was very annoying at that. He failed at everything he tried! Now if only they will get rid of all those other slackers too. [/B]

Japan shook her head, trying to clear it. Several thoughts ran through her head. She met some of the newcomers and they seemed eager enough. She wondered though if they will end up being any help to the CTU. Sighing, she fell backwards onto her bed and stared up at the ceiling for what seemed like hours. She fell asleep soon after that and crawled up into a ball, bringing her knees to her chest.[/COLOR]