OtakuBoards

FQFG2: Counter-Terrorism Unit

Shy

[i][font=Verdana][size=2]The presence of a cocky person like [b]Rai al Haswiri [/b]is rather disturbing to stand close to. The gibberish that came out of that man?s mouth was so terrifying that I had to look the other way whenever he spoke.
[font=Verdana][size=2]
[i][font=Verdana][size=2]After [b]Grape Ape[/b] read off his last demand, he signaled to the team to announce our demands.
[font=Verdana][size=2]

[i][font=Verdana][size=2]Unimpressed by my demand, [b]Rai[/b] laughed out loud and awaited to hear the other demands.[/size][/font][/i]

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Elsewhere, Engel was being interrogated by Gurt. While most members of the CTU despised the cruel and unusual tactics that were used to pry information out of Terorrists, Gurt somehow seemed to enjoy it. Trained by Lady Asphyxia herself, there were few who could withhold information from the deadliest woman in the Square.

[b]"Tell me where they are!"[/b] She shouted at Engel as she slapped him across the face.

[b]"Fine! Here is all I know. You'll never get the rest of the information out of me!"[/b]
[size=5][b][center]The Clues[/b][/size]
48 hours and counting...[/center]

[strike]1) A thread by a winner.[/strike] [i]Found by Mother.[/i]

[strike]2) Look for a bomb at a star-crossed road.[/strike] [i]Found by Webster.[/i]

[strike]3) Spawned by a terrorist.[/strike] [i]Found by Shades.[/i]

[strike]4) Pagan for an explosion.[/strike] [i]Found by Nomura[/i]

[strike]5) Risen from the ashes, this OtakuBoards birthday is the bomb![/strike] [i]Found by Ploppy the Spaceship.[/i]

[strike]6) Pony up information about your profile.[/strike] [i]Found by Mother.[/i]

[strike]7) The terrorists have spoken.[/strike] [i]Found by Peacock.[/i]

[strike]8) A thread once endorsed by the terrorists.[/strike] [i]Found by Webster.[/i]

[strike]9) When the terrorist leader and the OBCTU leader were both looked up to in one breath.[/strike] [i]Found by Ploppy the Spaceship[/i]

[strike]10) The attack of an OB masterpiece.[/strike] [i]Found by Ploppy the Spaceship.[/i]

Each clue is for a different bomb. You need to be organized if you hope to find them in time.

Remember that these bombs are placed in OPEN threads only, so don't bother looking in the anime archives or in locked threads. Once you find a 'bomb' you must deactivate it by revealing its' location in this very thread, RP-style.

If you decide that you need some help (and you should make this decision soon,) you can interrogate Engel for more clues. However, each further interrogation will cost our team. Engel may also know the location of a few bombs, so keep that in mind as well.

You have 48 hours. Go, CTU, go!

[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkOrchid][i]Having heard nothing, I slammed both my hands down on the table and snatched the bar of soap to gesture with as I spoke.[/i]

"I trust you'll provide the hypoallergenic kind for those of us who have severe skin irritations. Or perhaps analgesic creams."

[i]The Grape Ape nodded sagely, looking supremely pleased with himself.[/i]

"Well since I don't seem to be hearing any other demands, and my boss just communicated with me with his mega super ultra lightning psychic powers, I'm afraid that these negotiations are at an end."

[i]I lowered my voice for optimum dramatic effect and simultaneously kicked the Grape Ape in the place where the sun didn't shine.[/i]

"THERE WILL BE... ...NO DEAL!"

[i]I stood, knocking over the table, to watch Po and Peacock flinch away as I flung the soap in their general direction. Gadget scowled at me and I shook my finger in his face, howling at the top of my lungs as only a true Jenova's Witness can.[/i]

"It will be a great honor for Engel to die by your hands and be reunited with the Great Mother in the Sky!"

[i]I rounded to look at the others with a sneer of loathing on my face.[/i]

"Your demands are petty and obviously stupid! All of you are reminiscent of kuja in your intelligence and YOU Grape Ape are a diplomatic and moral quadriplegic!

ENJOY THE EXPLOSIONS!"[/COLOR][/FONT]

Rai stood up from his chair, and exited the base, his terrible stench following closely behind him.

[b]"That was... unusual.."[/b] Japan said.

[b]"Very."[/b] Po added, [b]"Did Mother give Engel the... aspirin?"[/b]

[b]"That he did!"[/b] Ploppy the Spaceship announced over the intercom, [b]"But we've got bigger problems than that right now. The Terrorists are attacking the Music/Movies/TV forum with their signature brand of spam... and it ain't pretty."[/b]

[b]"And the bombs have been activated."[/b] I said.

[b]"Right, right,[/b] Ploppy said as he continued staring into the surveillance monitors, [b]"But this guy's nipples are [i]huge[/i]."[/b]

[B]Nonentity had grabbed my hand and swung me off.[I] I like him as a friend![/I] I thought. But he was just taking me somewhere. My suspicions were wrong.

We stopped att the location where that butt-wipe, Gurt was. His face gave off the stench of love not hate. I spat on the ground. I looked into my pocket for a gun, but it was only a water pistol. I had been tricked!

I checked my other pocket and found a grenade, I threw it at that bastard Gurt. [I]"Now what are you going to do?" [/I] I asked while sneerig. He smiled, then picked it up. He tossed it back at me. I threw it back, then he threw it back. We were getting nowhere. Finaly I threw it behind me. BOOM, it set off with a bang.

I saw Engel behind him, I ran forward. I found a gun inside my phany pack, why I had a phany pack, I will never know. [I]"Now free Engel or I'll shoot... Engel!"[/I]

Engel turned at me and yelled. [I]"DUDE!"[/I]

[I]"Urrr, I ment I'll shoot Gurt!"[/I] A silence fell over the interogation room.[/B] [B]

[i]"But if you join us, we'll make sure you are safe from deat.. so what will it be?"[/i][/B]

[color=crimson][size=1]I sat in my cell, head in my hands. I found myself in turmoil, wondering how I cracked so easily. I had been taught to resist enemy interrogation tactics, and I cracked. I looked at my hands, and then out of the cell. I had tuned out [b]Premonition[/b] and [b]Gurt.[/b] I was too wrapped up in myself. I looked at my hands, and sighed. I didn't recognize these hands anymore.

[b]"Premonition, lower the damn gun. Just go. Before Gurt grabs you and throws you in here, just go. It's not worth it. It's meant to be this way, alright? Just run away and go help Rai and everyone else. You can't do crap for me, because even if you shoot Gurt, there's an entire base here. Just. Go."[/b] My voice had dropped to a deadly low, as if I could do something behind these bars.

[b]"But, but...Engel...I can't just leave-"[/b] [b]Premonition[/b] stopped short as I rose to my feet.

[b]"Just go, alright?!"[/b] My voice was like acid, and it seemed to corrode right through the bars. [b]Premonition[/b] nodded, and put the gun back in the fanny pack, before turning on heel and running. I turned my head to [b]Gurt.[/b]

[b]"By the way, call me [b]Sachiel.[/b] [b]Engel[/b] is my status."[/b] I said rather stiffly, sitting back down and staring back into the calloused hands that weren't mine, but were mine anyway.[/color][/size]

Mother heard the rally call as well as the clues for finding the bombs. Carefully she looked at each one until one caught her eye.[quote name='Shy']Pony up information about your profile.[/quote]Confident that a search in regards to the word 'profile' would turn up results she checked and sure enough after diligently searching the results that would have such information she found what she was looking for....With a rush of excitement she ran back to headquarters.

"[B]We must never give in to these terrible terrorists! We are far smarter than they will ever be![/B]" She cried startling the others with her announcement.

She proudly displayed the location of one of the dreaded bombs: [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=51067][B]What does your Screen name signature avi and banner say about you?[/B][/URL] Mother smiled as her teammates cheered.
[CENTER]-----------[/CENTER]

P.S. For the record, I just died laughing when I saw that picture since I wasn't sure what to look for. lol

[B]I struggled a bit. But my decision was based on Engel's demands.[i] "Fine, for you Engel; I will leave. And never come back. But I tell you that monkey is goin down!" [/i] Engel sighed. [I]"He's not really a purple ape! He's SHY!"[/I] I turneda round agast.

[I]"Wait he is! l didn't take my medicine today did I?" [/I] I was completely clueless. My disease kicked in. When I didn't take my meds I'd halucinate.[I]" Goodbye all, but never forget what hell you must pay. Rai shall be victorious, and Engel will be ours. But for now I make my exit...."[/I]

As I kept blabbing Engel sighed. [I]"Just shut up and go!" [/I] He yelled at me, I turned around and rushed out like a little girl.[/B]

[color=deeppink]I coudln't tear my eyes away from those nipples. They appeared to grow, devouring the world around them and sucking me into a brownish hell of the terrorist's design. I finlly snapped out of it, but I feared that my trance may have cost our team valuable time.

[b]Attention CTU. We need to organize. I suggest we have at least one unit whose sole job is to counter the terrorist's spam; while one is certainly capable of countering these laughable attempts at terrorism, I would prefer two.

I also suggest splitting the reaming units into teams of two to search for the nukes. This would ensure that we keep the search varied. As more suitcases are discovered, this will leave us with more and more members to search for the remaining packages.[/b]

Searching was my specialty; I had the signal, after all. When I heard Mother's transmission, I was both elated that a bomb had been found and irritated that she had found my quarry before me. All I had left to do was move on. But first, I had a message to deliver.

[b]Attention CTU: Our very own Mother has discovered the first package. I repeat, she has discovered the first package; there is no longer a need to search for suitcase 6. This is no excuse to let up; if anything, we should begin to search harder. Ploppy commands it![/b]

I knew the terrorists were listening; they had to have cracked our signal. How else could they have broken into our base so many times?

The last bit was for them. I wanted them to know that my name is Ploppy, not Ploopy. Not that they'd understand; they can barely speak their own barbarian language, so they'd certainly have trouble with even the simplest of our words.

EDIT: And that's when I saw it, staring down at me from one of my glrorious monitors: a bomb. Labeled not with "Death from above," but rather "Happy Birthday." , as it were. I flicked on my mike again, for the third time in as many minutes.

[b]Attention CTU. I'm sure you're all tired of me by now, but I hope what I'm about to say will allow you to forgive me. I have discovered the 5th bomb; in an anniversary thread, no less! [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=14463&highlight=birthday]Happy Birthday OtakuBoards!!! [/URL] is no longer in danger. I expect plenty of praise for this discovery. That is all.[/b][/color]

Mother wasn't sure just which if any of the clues led her to look in the next location for a bomb, but something was telling her that there was indeed one in the area of the Community Events. After all, what better place to strike than one where all members would gather for special occasions? It was a common terrorist tactic to get as many victims as possible. Sure enough a quick search was done and she found yet another one of the lethal bombs. She rushed back to headquarters with the news.

"[B]I have found another one team![/B]" She cried triumphantly! "[B]That's two that we have now dealt with. I know we can find the rest![/B]"

Once again she proudly revealed the location of a bomb. [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56770][B]The Big OtakuBoards Anime Event[/B][/URL]

Mother smiled mysteriously, "[B]That aspirin worked beautifully, didn't it?[/B]"

[color=deeppink][i]I shouldn't even bother turning this thing off anymore.[/i]

[b]Attention CTU. The masterpiece known as [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=33457&highlight=net]OtakuBoards: Enter the Net [PG][/URL] is safe. Also, I'm awesome. That is all.[/b][/color]

[b]"Great work everyone,"[/b] I beamed towards the others. In only a few short hours four of the deadly bombs had been deactivated, but I knew they wouldn't all be so simple to find.

I pointed in various directions, hoping to drum up a sense of urgency within our group.

[b]"You two, go there!"[/b] I shouted, [b]"You two, go that way!"[/b]

[b]"Excellent demonstration of your leadership, boss!"[/b] Shades muttered in a deadpan tone of voice.

[b]"Thank you. I'll remain here to counter the terror attacks. Anyone who volunteers can work alongside me to repel their most recent strikes."[/b]

Suddenly Mother sauntered into the hallway carrying a tray of cupcakes.

[b]"She disarms explosives [i]and[/i] she bakes?"[/b] Ploppy said, [b]"I think I'm in love."[/b]

[B][COLOR=HotPink]An evil laugh exploded out of the CTU headquarters.

Over a very evil webcam, Nom was on the gigantic screen in the lobby, just as evil villians in old-school cartoons. [/COLOR] [/B]

[B]"Muahahah, Shy, try as hard as you may, you still have two more bombs to find...Even if you do find enough to win this round, this is just the beginning. I'm the official PWNER of the terrorists and I can tell you this. We. Will. Defeat. You...That is all. Now, I will be excused..to do...evil pwnage and stuff like that."[/B]

[I]Oh yeah, P.S.
[IMG]http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/4926/mitchslapns1.gif[/IMG]
MUAHAHAHA[/I]

[color=deeppink][i]At this rate, we'll have these simple-minded terrorists crying in their silly robes.[/i]

I scanned diligently, although the rest of the cases were not coming quite so easily. No matter; nothing can escape my gaze for long.

That's when it happend: every single one of my monitors turned blue. I started to panic. [i]What's happening? [u]How[/u] could this be happening?[/i] And then I realize the truth; I was staring the answer right in it's blue face.

I yelled out to our commander, panic oozing from every syllable. [b]Grape Ape, sir! We have a major problem![/b]

Words formed on the screan, taunting me. The devil himself could not have frightened me more than these words.[/color]

[color=blue][b]You certainly do.[/b][/color]

Disturbing images aside, Webster has other things to look forwards to. His heart begins skipping beats as he considers the possible options for bomb placement. However, a nagging doubt continues to puzzle our poor, sleep-deprived counterterrorist.

Why would the terrorists seek to assail a thread they once endorsed?

What sort of thread was that?

Terrorist logic fails Webster. It abuses him like the terrorists themselves do his olfactory perception. As he continues his internalized bout against his apprehension and fear, a sickening realization began to dawn on him.

"It's only a game."

Webster flails his arms about, trying to get the voice to cease its meaningless chatter, but it continues unabated.

"No, no, I mean it, it's only a game."

Webster stops, and the answer becomes instantly obvious.

It's just a game.

Or rather...

[URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54693][u]The Game[/u][/URL]

Webster slams a fist on the wall before him. He flinches from the sharp pain, but nothing is so sharp as his perception, as he rushes off to inform Grape Ape about the whereabouts of the Terrorists' infernal device.

[quote name='Shy]Remember that these bombs are placed in [B]OPEN threads only[/B'], so don't bother looking in the anime archives or in locked threads. Once you find a 'bomb' you must deactivate it by revealing its' location in this very thread, RP-style.[/quote]So, oh great leader...why was the last one in a closed thread? :p *pulls out her paddle* I'm looking at you and that no good Charles by the way. ;)

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']So, oh great leader...why was the last one in a closed thread? :p *pulls out her paddle* I'm looking at you and that no good Charles by the way. ;)[/quote]
That's an excellent question. I'm going to check through all of the threads now and see if any of the others are closed.

The fact that we can beat the Terrorists when they cheat only shows how superior we are to them.

- [b][color=purple]Grape Ape[/color][/b]

Edit: It appears all of the others are open. And we won. Go us.

Upon having delivered his report, Webster began his private celebration by reading up on one of the Almighty English Language's more prolific and well known authors.

In fact, it was beginning to occur to him that he had seen something like that before...

Webster jumps to his feet, throws the book against one wall and then slams his other fist into the opposite wall. He shakes it in a foolish attempt to mitigate the searing pain. He imagines that he should probably get a move on and inform Grape Ape that [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=55922][u]Romeo X Juliet[/u][/URL] is the terrorists' next target, before he breaks any more bones on solid surfaces.

[color=deeppink]My precious monitors whirred back to life shortly after I cleansed them of their great evil. It would still be a while before I they were running at full capacity; almost a fourth were still completely blue.

[i]This is worse than anything Microsoft ever threw at me.[/i]

Even without the signal at my disposal, the majority of the terrorist's bombs were disarmed. [i]Clearly a testament to the abilities of the OBCTU.[/i] There was still a threat, but clearly victory was ours.

But I was not celebrating. While the victory was certainly impressive, the battle was inconsequential; the true blue threat was still to come. If we could not counter the enemie's strategie, our demise would be swift and the rest of OB would be soon to follow.

Then, I had a horrible idea. A wonderful idea. A horrible, wonderful idea. Dare I suggest it? Dare I sink as low as the terrorists? Dare I counter pure evil with insane evil? There had to be another way. This stategy would doom OB as sure as if I'd summoned the blue demon myself.

[i]No. There is another way. There's still...[/i]

I flipped on the mic, and it crackled quickly to life. The big blue daddy never could silence anyone. [b]People, get ready to rejoice. I'm about to recruit our savior.[/b]

We had power. We had courage. We needed [u]wisdom.[/u][/color]

[FONT=Arial][I]?Nice one,[/I] Shades thought to himself, hand over his face. [I]?Way to insult your commander. Good goin', Einstein.[/I] He sighed and headed outside.

A glance to his HUD readout told him that six bombs had already been located and disarmed ? two apiece to Ploppy, Mother, and Webster. He felt a small surge of pride and relief at his team's quickness, but that still left four bombs out in the open, happily ensconced and ready to blow, and his relief was short-lived.

[B]"Time to get crackin'."[/B]

He activated Surveillance Mode and sprang to the forum rooftops, racing from thread to thread and feeling very much like Major Kusanagi. Except that he wasn't female. Whether or not he was hot was irrelevant.

After a fruitless couple of hours, he began to realize just how daunting a task his search was. He had scanned numerous threads, sometimes meriting them a second cursory glance, but had encountered nothing.

He was in the process of considering a change in tactics when he spotted a suspicious-looking suitcase. If it had been closed, he might have spent longer looking at it. If it hadn't had it's charges on display for the world to see, he might have actually approached it. Since it was, however, glaringly obvious, he didn't bother. Instead, he tapped his earpiece as he sped by.

[B]"G.A., Shades. I need a bomb disposal unit to the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57208][COLOR=DarkGreen][U]Chronicles of the Dark Blade[/U][/COLOR][/URL] ASAP. Will report in at any further sightings. Over and out."[/B][/FONT]

Peacock marched to Grape Ape's office, waving his paper fan in fury.

[B]"This is outrageous, absolutely unbelievable! First they announce that they have summoned the Blue Bastard, and now they have set a bomb to [I]my[/I] thread! Look, [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=57066][color=Red]OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Aces[/color][/url] is rigged! They can be thankful that I found it in time. Otherwise I would have bitchslapped the whole lot into next year!"[/B]

Peacock snapped the fan shut to emphasize his words.

Grape Ape nodded, mildly amused. [B]"Thank you, Peacock, the bomb will be deactivated. Now, go search for more."[/B]

Peacock bowed melodramatically, and left the office. After the door closed, he encountered Mother.

[B]"I owe you one, sweetie"[/B], he said with a smile and gave her a wink. Obviously he was too busy shopping for suitable curtains to deal with some indifferent firecrackers.

:initiating hack....initiating coded message:

[B][COLOR=Green]Mj lcu gedh je jlh cjjhsjmes ea ewt rhcnht jlcj jlhth mu cs mdqetjcsj dcjjht jlcj dwuj fh nmugwuuhn. Ewt rhcnht yewrn rmbh je cttcsph c dhhjmsp ymjl zewt rhcnht ms c uhgrwnhn qrcgh jlcj se esh omumju. Ewt rhcnht yewrn rmbh je dhhj jlh Ptcqh Cqh ms jlh Dcspc Yetbuleq.[/COLOR][/B]

[b]"What do you think? Do I look like an ape to you?"[/b] I asked Birmingham as I examined the hair on my arm.

[b]"I think it was more like a metaphor, sir,"[/b] he replied, [b]You know, he was calling you primitive."[/b]

[b]"They might also have been hallucinating. Drugs and terror are almost always linked in some way."[/b] Po added.

[b]"Or it might be your forehead,"[/b] Peacock said, [b]"It's a little bit... [i]slopey[/i]."[/b]

I grumbled. The fact that we could waste time discussing my remeblance to the real Grape Ape was a testament to how efficient we were as a team. Almost all of the bombs had been deactivated, and we had yet to rely on information from the terrorist known as Engel. As long as lives were at risk we could never truly relax, but with more than 24 hours left and only a few bombs still needing deactivation it seemed like an appropriate time to celebrate.

[b]"Encrypted message coming in!"[/b] Ploppy the Spaceship announced as a foreign, un-American series of words spilled out over the video monitors.

[b]"It appears they are too poor to afford many vowels, sir,"[/b] Webster said with a grin as he examined the message, [b]"This is going to be difficult to decode."[/b]

I nodded. These terrorists finally appeared to be getting organized. If the rumors of the Blue Demon's return were true, then we already had too much on our plate to deal with encryption.

[b]"Someone get on top of this!"[/b] I shouted as I smashed my fists against the table.

Peacock moved closer towards me, and began running his overly-manicured fingers up and down the top of my face.

[b]"See? [i]Slopey.[/i]"[/b]

Peacock watched Ploppy the Spaceship get busy with the encryption, but he didn't seem to get anywhere with it.

[B]"Damn, someone go buy me a vowel!"[/B] Ploppy shouted in anguish, scribbling letters to a piece of paper and then trying to match them. His own joke had turned against him in a cruel way.

Peacock then sneaked behind him and took a glimpse on the code.

[B]"[I]It has come to the attention of our leader that there is an important matter that must be discussed. Our leader would like to arrange a meeting with your leader in a secluded place that no one visits. Our leader would like to meet the Grape Ape in the Manga Workshop.[/I]"[/B] he read. Then he gave a pitying look at Ploppy and gave him a gentle whack on the head with his paper fan. [B]"What was so hard about that?"[/B]

The Grape Ape put his fingertips together and took a sinister look on his face. [B]"To the Manga Workshop, then... To meet my archnemesis!"[/B]

A gasp ran through the ranks of the CTU agents.

I put on my purple leisure suit and began to head towards the exit of the base. Built with the hopes and dreams of a single member behind them. the Manga Workshop was largely considered a wasteland these days. In fact, I couldn't remember the last time I had been anywhere near an anime forum; when I called that place my home the boards were a different place, and I was a much different man.

[b]"Peacock,"[/b] I said, putting my hand on his shoulder, [b]"I am putting you in command of this group while I'm away. If something is to happen to me while I'm discussing my favorite manga, follow my example and lead us to victory."[/b]

[b]"Um. Sure."[/b] Peacock replied as he rolled his eyes, [b]"Someone should get over to Music/Movies/[i]Whatever[/i], and take care of the terror attacks. Nobody wants to see those nipples when they're discussing summer blockbusters.[/b]

Mother approached me with a tray of cupcakes. As one of our most seasoned veterans in the war against terror, she knew how to balance the pressures of war with her love of baked goods.

[b]"Would you mind giving these to the terrorists for me?"[/b] She asked innocently.

How could I say no to a woman like that? While feeding the enemy is not something I normally condone, I knew that she had an ace up her sleeve.

Armed with an arsenal of frosting and sprinkles, I entered the Manga Workshop unsure of what I would find there...