OtakuBoards

FQFG2: Counter-Terrorism Unit

Shy

[FONT=Arial]Our heads turned in collective stupor at the sound of the emotionally spastic voice. In front of us was a new kid, who had obviously just moved into the Boards.

[I]-How the devil did they get in here?[/I] I thought. [I]-Is Ploppy slipping up?[/I]

I snuck a glance at G.A. He already looked like he was about to pop, and I was growing ever wary of that one straw that might soon break our eminent gorilla's back.

Stepping forward, I clapped him on the shoulder. [B]"I'll handle this 'un, boss. You go ... sleep ... or something."[/B] God knew he needed it. Especially the something.

I turned my attention to the newcomer.

[B]"Right, then,"[/B] I said amicably. [B]"First, welcome. We're always glad to have new members among our number, and I'm pretty sure you'll have fun while you're here. I did, and I still am.

"Second, no this isn't about Iraq. It isn't actually even real. Hence the whole cyborg get-up."[/B] I made a silly face. Throwing an arm about their shoulder, I began leading them out of Headquarters. [B]"If you're looking to talk about stuff like that, you'll want to head for the Lounge, which is about three or so blocks North of here, in the general Community."[/B] I gestured with my free arm to indicate the direction.

[B]"Of course, you'll get a pretty good sense of about where everything is by just lookin' around for a while...."[/B][/FONT]

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[SIZE=1]"[b]I suppose the terrorists already have a few names for me, though none of them fit for public usage....[/b]"

The Irishman hung his head low for a moment, as if the entire weight of what had occurred suddenly hit him. His muscles ached, and underneath his suit were numerous stitches and about a square metre of antiseptic bandage. In about a week he'd start to feel better but right now, he felt like dying.

"[b]You OK ?[/b]"

"[b]Yeah boss, I got lucky. Doc said my injuries could have been a lot worse and pleasantly advised me to try and avoid being tossed out of the back of moving trucks in the future.[/b]" He made a sarcastic grin before sighing quietly...

"[b]I could have got them all Josh, Charlie, Rai, Nomura and our traitor. If it wasn't for indifference and Sephiroth I might have been able to make it look like Platypus had switched again and given the co-ordinates for an ambush...[/b]? He gripped the cup of coffee so hard the mug threatened to burst into shards in his hand.

?[b]I swear if I ever seen Sephiroth and indifference again, I?m going to kill them, no questions, no charges, no jury of their peers.[/b]?

Gavin saw something in the commander?s eyes at the mention of Sephiroth and indifference, something that was almost apologetic.

?[b]Is there something you need to tell me my friend ?[/b]?

It was Grape Ape?s turn to sigh. Even before his time with the terrorists, when he?d been a young agent, Gavin had been quick to make snap judgements, if getting a confession meant beating a suspect he?d done it, and never apologised afterwards. ?The ends justify the means? he?d always said. He was either very good, or very lucky in that his judgements were usually the right ones.

?[b]It?s about indifference Gavin...[/b]? But something had already caught the Irishman?s eye and he was making a bee-line across the hall, his target obscured from Josh?s sight, but he?d already figured out who that was. ?[b]GAVIN STOP !![/b]?

There was a scream and Josh saw Gavin pinning Crystia against the wall by her throat, reaching for his gun. She could see the absolute hatred in his eyes, the same fanatic sheen they had both seen in so many of their previous colleagues. He looked back at the commander his eyes wide with desperation.

"[b]Why Grape ? She's a [I]terrorist[/I] ! I don't know what kind of promises she'd made to get to walk around CTU HQ, but she can't provide us with any new intel that I don't already have.[/b]?

He turned back to face but his spare hand was still lingering near his weapon.

?[B]She?s the very one who blew my cover with the terrorists ! I don?t how they figured out it was me, as I certainly didn?t forget to log out of OB after I made my reports. If I?d been killed, do you think she?d have turned up here ?![/b]

He felt Josh?s large hand on his shoulder and heard just a whisper. ?[b]Let her down Gavin.[/b]? His grip slackened and Crystia fell to the ground looking between both men. Gavin?s shoulders sagged.

?[b]I?m sorry Grape... I don?t know what happened, it was as if someone flicked a switch and I was back with her and the terrorists again.[/b]

He looked back down at Crystia allowed a single sentence to escape his pursed lips.

?[b]I?ll be watching you.[/b]?

[center]|||||||||||[/center]

I suppose it?s obvious at this point Agent Gavin is not a nice person.[/SIZE]

[color=crimson][size=1]Looking at the new recruits after Webster's speech, I bit my lip and sighed softly. Rubbing my eyes with my left hand wearily, I nodded at the group.

[b]"Looks like Agent Webster won't be here to complete the tour for you. In any case, follow me and I'll show you the rest of the OBCTU building."[/b] Walking down the opposite hallway from where Webster had gone, I pointed out a door.

[b]"Agent...Starbucks. This is your room. And before you ask; I think we regularly stock Starbucks coffee every Tuesday. The stock usually lasts until about Saturday. Though, I don't know how long it'll last with all the new recruits we're getting. In any case, this is your dormitory room. Feel free to move all personal effects into this room."[/b] Reaching into my faded blue jeans, I found the ring of dormitory keys next to a pack of bubblegum and my ballpoint pen. I unhooked the one that said "A. Starbucks" and handed it to it's new owner.

I hesitated, and turned to the group. My mouth seemed as parched as sandpaper. Biting my tongue, I found the words.

[b]"Now, since we've got a flood of new agents, you'll be doubling up. Agent Wanderlust, you'll be sharing a room with Starbucks here. Got it?"[/b] I unhooked a second key, handing it to Agent Wanderlust. I looked at the group and managed a grin.

[b]"Now, if you don't like who you're with, work it out amongst yourselves and then tell me. I'll get the paperwork done. I'm just going off the list of new recruits and putting two people together. To be fair, I don't care what room anyone has. So if you have a problem, tell me. Sometime in the near future, like when I finish handing out the keys."[/b]

Looking at the list, I saw four names left. Crystia, Gavin, El Kabong, and Sour Candy.

[b]"Now, I guess I'll put El Kabong - Nice name - and Sour Candy together. You two seem like you'll get along fine."[/b] I unhooked two more keys, leaving only my key - I was fortunate, I didn't have anyone doubled up with me. Yet. - and two others.

[b]"I guess Crystia and Gavin will be sharin' a room. I'll just take these keys to Gavin when we finish the tour. Does anyone want to switch rooms? Speak now, if you do."[/b][/color][/size]

[FONT=Tahoma][b]"Share a room with the terrorist? If this is some kind of joke you guys can give it up now. I'm as dedicated as the next guy here, but it's a mistake letting her roam around here let alone giving her board."[/b] I heard Gavin say, clearly in objection of Engel's room decisions. I walked over slowly, just in case something were to break out. Engel would have needed help if those two started going at it. I began to wonder about agent Gavin though, as sympathetic that I can be with his point of view he was acting up and unnecessarily dumping himself emotionally. There were better ways of dealing with it, I thought.

[b]"Look, I'm not that thrilled either but we can be mature about this."[/b] Crystia exclaimed. She seemed willing enough to deal with it, but then again that could go either way in terms of figuring out whether or not Crystia was trustworthy. It would actually have been understandable for her to have the same objections Gavin did. In any case, we had lost a member and no matter how little the number one may seem, it's a hit to our ranks regardless. Crystia filled our ranks, and we had to look at it positively right now. The CTU is full of vigilant members, especially now since the explosion. If there is trechery in the air, we will catch wind of it.

[b]"Look guys..."[/b] Engel began to say, though the looping didn't have to persist. I've seen disputes like this before and it was best to give them their space from one another in order to keep things civil for the proper amount of time needed to gain each other's trust.

[b]"Gavin, you can take my room. Turn the hallway and a few doors to the left."[/b] I said, volunteering my room to be switched in order to keep the peace. Gavin just glanced around at the three of us before reluctantly walking off, passing me by on his way. I could hear him whispering to me to keep an eye on Crystia. I didn;t have to be told, it was my intent, but I'd keep it quieter than he would. This would be the ideal way of determining for myself how sincere she was being.

[b]"What about your stuff?"[/b] Engel asked me.

[b]"Don't have much to begin with, whatever I need i'll have moved in an hour."[/b] I assured him. Crystia looked at me with an unsure look on her face, I couldn't tell if she was suspicious, relieved, or something else. Gavin walked slowly down the hall, I extended my hand to Crystia. She slowly extended hers and shook it, her grip was increasingly tight though it started off softly.

[b]"Throne, a pleasure i'm sure. Though i'm not sure I can say that you fully trust me either."[/b] she mentioned. I didn't recall introducing myself...someone else must have said something to her, possibly Engel while he was giving them the "grand tour". In any case, she was right...but would a defecting terrorist expect any less? It seemed like it was a given.

[b]"You're right, but I see no harm in switching my roommate to a female."[/b] I said with a smile. I'm sure that was enough to ease down any tension that was there at the current time, though despite my cheesy and obvious attempt at being "cool", I didn't think anyone would be foolish enough to take the serious issue out of the back of their mind.

The rooming arrangements were the least of our problems though, so I also wanted to end it as quickly as possible, as best as possible. It was time to put our heads together and meet our next mission head on. I walked off after some more small talk with Crystia, not really concerned about Gavin settling down in what was still technically my room. There wasn't that many important things there, mostly anything I needed essential to the missions I kept on myself. Anything else was locked up anyway. I noticed some of the other members eating as I walked by, I checked my watch and that's when it hit me that there was something I left out in the open in my room.

[b]"Dammit! If he touches my turkey sandwich i'll kill him myself..."[/b] I said to myself aloud. [/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Persona wise, Gavin resembles K from MIB, the Animated Series, not the movies.

[CENTER]||||||||||[/CENTER]

Gavin glanced around the Spartan chamber, two beds and a pair of cabinets for storage, one with a half-eaten sandwich on top that he assumed belonged to the rookie who had volunteered him the room. After working as the shadowy banker of the terrorists for so long a little simplicity about his surroundings would be a welcome change. He wondered briefly who his roommate would be, though his gut told him the move might not be permanent.

Removing his jacket and unbuttoning the shirt underneath he ran his fingers along the fresh scars he'd received as his parting gift from the terrorists, his shoulder had been torn open by a rock and hurt the worst, his choking indifference had been instinct and he was paying for it now. He heard a knock from the door and opened it before he'd realised his shirt was still open, the same rookie from before was standing there, he was half-way in the door mentioned something about the sandwich on the dresser. He stopped mid-step his eyes locked on the veteran agent's bandage covered torso.

"[b]Oh. Sorry, I should have just barged in here.[/b]"

Gavin sighed. Not really feeling he deserved the apology, this was the kid's room after all.

"[b]No need. This is your room and I'm just a guest. What's your name kid ?[/b]"

"[b]Throne.[/b]" The young agent was still pretty formal. Probably only a few years in CTU, still cutting his teeth.

"[b]OK Throne, you can call me Gavin as I'm still working on a new codename.[/b]"

"[b]Do you mind if I ask you a question Gavin ?[/b]"

"[b]That would depend on the question Agent Throne.[/b]" It was a blunt and honest response.

"[b]How long were you undercover ?[/b]" The kid hadn't wasted any time, but been smart enough to avoid asking a question he knew Gavin wouldn't be able to answer.

"[b]Long enough to work my way into Charlie's trusted inner-circle, long enough to get close enough to him as I am to you now. The actual figure is four years, five months and two days.[/b]" The younger agent didn't respond, Gavin supposed he was trying to work out exactly what it might be like to work over four years in such deep cover and avoid getting caught.

"[b]Word is you know a lot of the veterans from way back.[/b]" He noted the change of subject.

"[b]Word's right in this case. Grape and I were trained in or around the same time. I trained under Sour Candy too, though I don't know if he remembers me as I was still pretty raw back when it happened.[/b]" He smiled wistfully, remember the earliest missions in his career and the team he'd shared it with.

"[b]What was it like being so close to them ?[/b] An unpleasant question at last.

"[b]Intoxicating... Eventually you begin to see their viewpoint, and have to forcibly stop yourself from embracing it.[/b]"

"[b]That why you went ape on Crystia ?[/b]" Throne's questions had begun to get more personal. The psych guys back at the Farm must have just loved him.

"[b]Maybe. Maybe it was the fact she's partially responsible for the bandages and stitches you saw when you came in. If it hadn't been for the CTU vehicles for the assault I'd probably have bled to death out in the desert, or been fed alive to the Blue Jihad. That's hard to forget, and harder to forgive...[/b] He stopped for a moment, considering his next words.

[b]...But it's the first time I've ever physically injured a woman, even if she is a terrorist and I regret it... It's not something I could have done so easily five years ago.[/b]" He let the last part hang in the air, part warning, part confession.

Throne's almost unblinking gaze broke finally as he walked over and picked up the sandwich off the chest of drawers. This was probably the longest silence since he'd arrived. The older agent had obviously given him a lot to think about, as he was about to leave Gavin spoke again.

"[b]The worst thing you will ever do, worse than killing, is recruiting. You get to know the kids you bring in, indoctrinate them and then sent them out to die for something you don't believe in. It gnaws at you and you can't ever escape it...[/b]"[/SIZE]

Guest Karumi-chan
[COLOR=Plum][SIZE=1]Muffin sat in a chair, just staring into space. So much was happening.

Defections. Traitors. Nomura. Charles. Grape Ape. Indifference. Gavin.

And...now, mission number three. She sighed. She had no clue what to do in a time like this. She was just a low-ranked agent for the CTU, and she first had to help out more to show that she was worthy of a higher rank. She grabbed a pen and a notebook to begin brain-storming ideas.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo]Crystia had expected to be tossed into a cell and honestly she really didn't care if she was. It couldn't possibly be any worse than living as a terrorist had been. She had most certainly not expected Grape Ape to simply hand back her mod rod and set her lose in the complex. It was to be frank [I]puzzling[/I]. But then when she had been attacked by Gavin for an instant she wondered if not putting her in a cell to be briefed had been intentional, that in spite of her wish to leave her life as a terrorist behind they would kill her anyway.

But then Grape Ape had interfered and stopped Gavin. Something that relieved her as she had not wanted to fight with him or attempt to talk to him either. Crystia doubted that he would believe her side of the story. She was not the one who blew his cover, she had already known. She had realized it shortly after contacting Mother, during the investigation. She had spent most of the week looking for ways to keep him from being exposed. Crystia had tried to use I'm Not Noruma's mistakes to pin the blame on them instead. It had almost worked, until Sephiroth claimed he had found evidence in Gavin's computer. There was nothing she could do except leave as she had already been planning.

She stood in the room she had been assigned to, both Gavin and Throne, her new roommate having already left. There wasn't much too it, a small desk two small chests and a type of army bunk bed set. Crystia sighed. [I]I guess I'd better wait and let Throne decide which bed he wants.[/I] She didn't want to start yet another fight. She walked over and peeked out the window, the view one of a tiny garden and pond down below. [I]Did I make a mistake?[/I] She wondered. [I]No. The mistake was joining the terrorists in the first place, for believing them when they said the slaughter of my brother was due to the CTU standing by and doing nothing. [/I]

How long had it been? Two years. Almost two years since a random shooting claimed the life of her brother right before her eyes. Shortly after she had been approached by one of the terrorists, Crystia had believed their lies that the CTU knew about the impeding attack and did nothing to protect the innocent people in the area. But with each terrorist attack, with each slaughter she began to question their methods. Her brother, she was certain, would have been horrified to learn what she had done since then. Even if the CTU had stood by and done nothing, he would never have condoned such violent acts.

Crystia was wondering what to do next when the sound of footsteps entering the room caught her attention. She turned to face the door. It was Throne, carrying some duffel bags along with a half eaten turkey sandwich. Without a word he tossed the bags on the bottom bunk bed and then set his sandwich down on one of the chests before opening the top drawer. Then he paused and stopped turning towards her.

"[B]I didn't think to ask you, but I do you have a preference as to which bunk to use?[/B]"

Crystia shook her head. "[B]No, I do not.[/B]"

Throne gestured to the one he had placed his bags on even as he picked one up and opened it to start putting things away, "[B]Then I'll take that one.[/B]"

Throne finished putting the contents of one bag away and then reached for the other. "[B]Where are your things?[/B]"

"[B]I don't have any.[/B]"

"[B]Well that's a problem, you're going to need something to sleep in as well as a change of clothes to wear while one is being washed.[/B]" Throne paused as the sound of someone knocking at the door. "[B]Come in.[/B]"

It was Mother, carrying a small bag. "[B]Ah, there you are Crystia.[/B]" She walked over and thrust the bag into her hands. "[B]I noticed that you didn't have anything so I found you some pajamas as well as couple of basic uniforms to use. I figured that going back for your things was out of the question.[/B]"

"[B]Thank you.[/B]" Crystia stammered.

"[B]Oh you're welcome.[/B]" Mother smiled. "[B]If you need anything just let me know okay?[/B]" She waited until Crystia nodded before hurrying off.

Crystia looked into the bag, in addition to the clothing Mother had included some very basic things like shampoo, soap, a comb for her hair and a few other things. Crystia pulled out a clean uniform and set the rest of the stuff on the top bunk. Then she took what she needed and headed into the tiny bathroom to take a shower. Even if the other terrorists didn't like to bathe, she had always preferred to be clean.[/COLOR]

[CENTER]*****[/CENTER]
[B]
OOC:[/B] By the way Gavin, I've never seen MIB, the Animated Series, so I've no idea what K's persona is like.[/SIZE]

Muffin sat comfortably in one of the main lobby chairs, quietly writing and drawing. With so much going on I had almost forgotten about one of our newest recruits. I approached her with two cup of warm cocoa in tow. At this hour I had so much sugar and caffeine in my system it looked like I wasn?t going to get much sleep.

?[b]I hope things haven?t gotten too confusing for you,[/b]? I said as I offered her a cup, ?[b]As a new member, I?m sure you?re struggling just to fit in.[/b]?

We both took a sip of the cocoa, slightly burning our tongues.

?[b]I think I?m fine. Thank you, Mr. Grape Ape. Roxie is my roommate and she's been very friendly.[/b]"

"[i][b]Roxie?[/b][/i]"

Come to think of it, I hadn't seen Roxie since she joined our side. We had so many members on our side it appeared that a few had fallen through the cracks.

"[b]Oh, well,[/b]" I replied, "[b]When you see her... tell her I said 'hello.'[/b]"

She nodded politely.

"[b]Of course. I?m just trying to come up with some ideas for the next challenge..[/b]?

?[b]Very well, just remember that this is your war, too,[/b]? I said as I headed back to my office, ?[b]If you need anything just be sure to let me know.[/b]?

Muffin?s eyes narrowed.

?[b]Oh I will, Grape Ape. I will.[/b]?

There was an uncomfortable moment of silence. I shut the door behind me as I left.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkOrange]I didn't quite get it. Grape Ape - oh man, that quite reminded me of Hanna Barbara cartoons, what was the gorilla? MaGilla? Somesuch, haha - seems alarmed by the clipboard. Had he asked, I would have shown him the careful diagram I'd gotten drawn out for musical hierarchies, but odds were if he knew about the Time Machine incident [the failure of which, I would hasten to point out, wasn't [i]my[/i] fault] he already knew.

So what did the Squonk do? Switched to Laid. I couldn't sing [i]that[/i]! It did drive me to giggles, though. Awk~ward, yes.

And there was no barbecue. Disheartened, I listened to talk of spies and read the paper being passed around. I listened with equal interest as I sketched out a sort of line graph comparing Marillion to Genesis and the pros and cons of both, though I perked up when I heard my name and room assignment.

I can't help it, I'm a bit...hyper. I sorta kinda maybe bounced to Starbuck's side, knowing I was grinning like an idiot, but not caring from the top of my head to the bottom of my flamingo-vans-clad feet. "'ello, guv'na!" Hooray, fake Cockney! I nodded at her cup. "Is that hazelnut by any chance?"[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]

[quote name='indifference][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo][B]OOC:[/B] By the way Gavin, I've never seen MIB, the Animated Series, so I've no idea what K's persona is like.[/color'][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=1][b]OOC:[/b] It's OK Crystia, as I wrote it the "Gavin" character actually came out pretty different so it doesn't matter.[/SIZE]

[align=justify][size=1]I didn?t return to Headquarters immediately. After seeing the newbie safely to the Community district, I took to the thread-tops again ? less member traffic to worry about, and right now, I badly needed a bit of space. Not for my own sake, though.

Admittedly, my destination ? the Inn, where the more fantasy-oriented denizens of the Boards gathered to create their next grand, epic adventure, and where I lurked now and again ? wouldn?t seem like the best place to search for solitude, but then I was a paradoxical person, and I knew exactly what I was doing.

I dropped to an alley between the sub-forums easily, my wool-knit overcoat falling around me Matrix-esque. (Lord knew how many ?Neo? jibes I?d received since I?d taken to wearing it, and how many times I?d had to correct those who?d ignorantly mistook it for a trenchcoat.) After making certain I hadn?t unduly disturbed anything from its original place, I joined the main flow of traffic and slipped through the Inn?s entrance.

The Inn?s interior always reminded me of Dr. Who?s TARDIS ? bigger on the inside, always with room for another idea. I removed my shades, pocketing them inside my coat, and headed for the back, where all of the ideas, materials, characters, and plotlines were created and forged together. Beyond that was the empty space I sought, where I could be alone with my thoughts, but I had a proverbial forest to navigate first.

Unconsciously, my appearance altered, since my mind was elsewhere and I was no longer exerting such a large degree of focus at maintaining its usual congenial, bemused appearance. G.A. wasn?t the only one I had seen affected by the sudden influx of personnel, and the collective disarray of my teammates was starting to affect even me. Follow that with my failure to decloak the mole, instead building a huge case against an innocent, and then the incident between our returned spy and the defector, and it was all I could do to keep a straight face. I had exerted a violent effort simply to keep from rushing back and knocking Gavin to the ground, and I was certain the newbie had felt me twitch.

They were minute changes, all of them ? my easy stride lengthening, slowing; my relaxed jaw setting; the corners of my mouth dropping ever so slightly; my half-lidded eyes opening, fixing their gaze straight forward; my head tilting forward a few degrees ? but the effect was as good as if I had had seven pissed off bodyguards, all built like the Rock, surrounding me. No one came within twenty feet of me unless they simply didn?t see me coming. One member, distracted by the plethora of tales being spun, bumped solidly into my right side. Though I gave at his sudden pressure, I didn?t even acknowledge the contact, and it was three strides later before my shoulders completely re-aligned.

My left hand slipped into the side pocket of my open coat as I walked; it probably helped, I observed absently, that my jeans were the only article of clothing I was currently wearing that wasn?t black. An unintentional wardrobe bonus, but a bonus nonetheless. It also occurred to me that I might need more green or orange shirts. Red, black, and burgundy were becoming a little boring, and I only had one blue.

With my path thus unobstructed, I quickly departed from the active sites and moved easily through the dormant, forsaken, or otherwise inactive ones to the very back, a vast expanse of what essentially amounted to creative ether. Whether they knew it or not, this was what gave life to the endless creations the Inn saw monthly. This was at once the stuff of legends and failures.

I plunged into it without a second thought, my pace unchanging, my posture unyielding.

I continued in this manner for some time, until I could no longer see anything behind me, and then I walked some more. At last, satisfied that I was at a sufficient distance from the rest of the Inn?s occupants, I stopped. Gathering some of the ether in my hands, I fashioned a large pair of headphones for myself, placing them over my ears and plugging the jack into small box on my belt. I ran a test track, getting the feel for the needed volume and EQ, and, satisfied with the settings I had chosen, I let the box work.

The first tones that struck my ear were haunting and ethereal; I recognized the music as Sting?s ?Desert Rose?, and I couldn?t have thought of a better way to start. Leaning back on the ether, I let the music penetrate me, resonating with my mind, and I let go. My precise control dissipated, and my focus left, taken with the music. The violent storm of restrained emotion took over instantly, and I instinctively began crafting stories all about me, my imagination a pen on the infinite canvas before my hands.

At each track?s end, a new one began, with barely a pause between them ? Alfred Reed?s [I]Russian Christmas Music[/I]; Nightwish?s ?Ghost Love Score?; Mahler?s [I]Symphony No. 5[/I]; E.S. Posthumus?s ?Antissa?; Chris Botti?s [I]Lisa[/I]; and on and on ? and I moved with them all, becoming part of the music, using each?s sound as fuel for my creative fire. Civilizations rose and fell under my hands; dozens of unfinished stories came to life and faded again; hundreds of characters danced before me, each one completely unique, each one somehow touched, tainted, with a part of my identity. Tears streamed down my face without my knowledge. My mood swung erratically from one extreme to another, to yet another, each new emotion reflected exactly by my countenance, and still I painted. I?d left my body behind many tracks ago, ensconced in my visions.

It was going to take a lot to bring me back.[/size][/align]

Guest Karumi-chan
[SIZE=1]Muffin had been awake all night. She laid in her cot, and just sat there. She had to do something. Before they did something.

She slowly got out of bed, trying hard not to wake Roxie, and she walked out into the hallways of the CTU fortress. She walked away from her door, and pulled out her cellphone.

[B]"Listen..I think he knows something is up."[/B] She said.

[B]"....Are you sure?"[/B]

[B]"Yes...It'd be best to get out before anything happens. I'm sorry."[/B]

[B]"Don't be sorry comrade....we will get our chance."[/B]

Ploppy rushed down the hallways. His eyes sunken in, five-o-clock shadow. He stopped, behind Muffin. Just the person he wanted to see.

[B]"Get off the phone."[/B] Ploppy exclaimed.

[B]"I gotta go. Get me out of here, now."[/B] Muffin said as she hung up and turned around.

[B]"You're not who you say you are.."[/B] Ploppy said.

[B]"No...But you probably already know everything."[/B]Muffin said, smirking.

Ploppy looked down. [B]"But why... Why couldn't you just be on our side, we....have so much to offer."[/B]

[B]"You wanna know why?"[/B] She said, slowly reaching her hand into her belt, [B]"The CTU killed my father"[/B]

Ploppy inched forward. He reached his hand out, to pull off Muffin's mask.

[B]"...I am your father."[/B] Ploppy said, as he took off her mask.

The man underneath the mask looked into Ploppy's eyes with pure hatred. [B]"You're lying."[/B]

[B]?Then?You leave me no choice.?[/B] Ploppy reached out to grab Muffin, but Muffin dodged.

Ploppy reached for a walkey-talkey, to set off an alert.

"Muffin" turned and ran for the exit. He looked back once, and in this moment, he pulled off his fake breast wired with explosives, and threw it at Ploppy. Ploppy turned to run the other way, but it was too late. The explosion sent him flying across the room, into the nearest wall and the sound was horribly loud, loud enough to wake the whole fortress.

He fell to the ground. He was still alive though. "Muffin" didn't have enough time to finish him off. Ploppy appeared to be knocked out cold. He couldn?t get help now.

But finally, the alarm was set off.

But, it was too late, "Muffin" was out of the building, getting into a Terrorist jeep, ready to ride away. Charles looked up at him and laughed.

[B]"Welcome back..... Nomura."[/B]

Nomura looked back once more, at the face of his father. And then, he was gone.

[/size]
[INDENT][COLOR=Indigo]Keep in mind that this is rated PG and not M. I have removed the excessive violence from your post. ~indifference[/COLOR][/INDENT]

Sorry, I didn't mean to get too offensive or anything, just trying to...well conclude the fact that I've been undercover as Karumi this whole time.

But for a quickly fading alarm and the constant buzzing of a fluorescent ceiling light, the halls of the dormitory wing were mostly empty as many of the agents had already run elsewhere to locate the epicenter of the blast from before. Those who were not had their doors closed and were likely trying to get themselves ready for whatever awaited them outside.

One of these doors was Webster's.

The relative silence of the hallway was then broken by the rhythmic and sharp sound of approaching footsteps. Agent Drei was en route for the dormitory wing to get the attention of the agents still remaining there. Upon reaching Webster's door, her insistent knock was greeted with silence. She tried the door handle, but it appeared to be stuck and would not open. This was particularly disturbing as the doors in that section didn't have their own individual locks yet. She started to bang on the door more insistently, and after some time, a voice replied.

"Yes?"

It was Webster, but he sounded somewhat hoarse and tired. Drei shouted back at the door.

"Agent Webster, are you in there? You need to get out here now."

"Affirmative, Agent Drei, I am inside my own dormitory, but I am afraid I cannot acknowledge your request to leave at this time."

Inside the dormitory, all was devastation. The door was being barred by a stack of language dictionaries four feet high, and a multitude of papers, computer printouts and photographs were strewn in disarray over a variety of surfaces. Webster was in the middle of this tornado, with all of the papers radiating outward from his cross-legged sitting position on the floor, and he was writing on and discarding these documents at a fearsome pace. Drei's voice continued from outside.

"Webster, you need to get out of there now, didn't you hear the explosion?"

Webster, undeterred from his task, took a moment before replying.

"Explosion? What explosion? I heard nothing of the sort."

This was true, such was the doing of the bright pink CD player at Webster's side, which he had disengaged upon (just barely) hearing the sound of Drei knocking at his door. This, however, was not evident to Drei, and her consternation became more profound.

"Well, there's been a bombing attack, preliminary intel suggests Muffin has gone terrorist."

Webster, in a surprising move, continued his task, but adopted a noticeably perturbed tone of voice.

"That's...very bad, Agent Drei. I gave her the tour, she's aware of nearly everything here. Fortunately, she is not aware of the location of my dormitory, so unless you suspect her of having planted a bomb here anyway, I am afraid that I must continue to decline your request for me to leave, as I am working on an assignment."

Drei, now offended, began banging on the door once more.

"Agent Webster! I must insist that you leave immediately and help us! Ploppy was caught in the explosion and appears to be in critical condition! We need you to help him!"

Webster scratched out a whole page of computer printout and stared back at the door.

"How? I have no medical training, no predisposition for bomb disarmament, and I certainly can't repair the damage done already. I am currently doing research for another mission and I cannot interrupt my work now. I must again reiterate that I am not going to leave this room!"

Drei, in a move born not so much from wanting to enter the dorm as it was from anger, kicked at Webster's door.

"Agent Webster! We need you here now!"

"You need me? What use can I possibly be out there? A bomb's been detonated, Agent Ploppy the Spaceship has been wounded by the blast, and there's absolutely nothing that I can do to alleviate the situation! I am currently working on an assignment of critical importance and I still have to prepare for my departure for Portugal! Now, unless you think that I can translate or interrogate the problems downstairs away, I must reiterate that my current assignment takes priority, and I cannot leave this room!"

Drei was somewhat surprised at this uncharacteristic display of anger and impatience coming from Webster, but she decided, in disgust, that he was right, that he couldn't possibly be of use in the situation based on his attitude, and continued her march down the hall. Webster listened carefully to the receding sound of the footsteps, and returned his attention to the computer printouts before him.

Webster, though somewhat understanding of the fact that he was being callous given the circumstances, continued his research into his idea for the Talent Night. He would be gone soon, but if he could develop the idea before having to leave on his assignment in Portugal, he could definitely be able to relay the whole concept, with instructions, to the rest of the OBCTU from his remote, undisclosed location...if they decided to use it. Though he was going to be largely useless for the next two weeks, he would at least redeem himself by being prepared to spearhead his project from a distance.

However, as he looked morosely at the door, he couldn't help but fear for the safety of Agent Ploppy the Spaceship and the rest, as, if the events that transpired while he was in his room were any indication, perhaps the OBCTU will fall into even greater peril when he leaves.

There was just no way of knowing...

"Oh no, my bouncing dear, this is a vanilla latté on ice, if you will." I slurpped the last of it up and then frowned at the empty cup. "Well, it was."

Wander blinked and smiled and was swaying rather cheerfully on the spot. I blinked in response, and then remembered something about regularly updated caffeinated beverages and grinned. "Dance with me to restocked coffee! I imagine it's somewhere around here, and [i]then[/i] we can begin brainstorming for this new mission."

As we manuevered out of the lobby, our dancing more reminiscent of epileptic fits rather than, say, ballet, I decided to invite some people along. "My fine fellows, let us dance together to coffee and [i]victory[/i]!"

I'm not sure that it had the desired effect, but I felt pretty inspiring anyway.

Once settled with our beverages of choice, enjoying the delicious aroma of homemade cookies left behind by the reknowned Mother, we began to discuss some possible strategies.

"What about a kind of 'The Bachelor' parody? I'm sure there are plenty of fine, upstanding and eligible gentleman or ladies that would love to be married off to some stranger on the internet."

"Only if the ones who don't make it can be ripped apart by zombies."

"I do enjoy zombies."

[CENTER][b]TERROR ALERT! TERROR ALERT! PRIORITY: [COLOR=CRIMSON]CRIMSON![/B][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Sirens blared throughout the headquarters and I stumbled out of bed.

"[b]What is it now?[/b]" I muttered, trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes. Only hours ago Karumi-Chan had been revealed to have been the terrorist Nomura in disguise. After setting off a pair of concealed explosives he quickly escaped, injuring Ploppy in the blast. While he remained in the sick ward Agent Drei took command.

"[b]Drei![/b]" I shouted into my comm unit, "[b]What section of the boards is under attack?[/b]"

The video monitor in bedroom suddenly lit up, displaying a spit-screen of each and every section of the boards. Aside from some chaos in Otaku Lounge from Copycatalyst things seemed to be back to normal. Had an alarm somehow been tripped by mistake?

"[b]I don't understamd, Drei...[/b]"

"[b]This attack isn't limited to the boards, Grapey,[/b]" she replied, "[b]I'm sending Birmingham to brief you on the situation.[/b]"

There was a knock at the door and Birmingham was there to greet me, just as she had said. Birmingham was obviously exhausted as well. He handed me an official CTU jacket, and led us down the hallway.

"[b]Grape Ape, sir,[/b]" he said as he saluted, "[b]The terrorists have chosen a high-priority target.[/b]"

I opened the folder and was shocked by what I found. Surprised and outraged. I tossed it across the room in anger.

"[b]Alert the others immediately! We've no time to waste![/b]"

A cold chill ran down my spine.

"[b]...If the terrorists succeed in this mission all will be lost. Let's do this for Ploppy the Spaceship![/b]"

[URL=HTTP://WWW.MYOTAKU.COM/USERS/ADAM][center][img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26224[/img][/center][/URL]

That's right. Adam, theOtaku.com's beloved founder, is under attack at [b][url=http://www.myotaku.com/users/adam]his own myOtaku profile![/b][/url]

Your job is to 'counter' their attacks by remaining on-topic NO MATTER WHAT. Attempt to turn their spam into a legitimate discussion using whatever means are neccessary. Adam has dealt with bigger threats before, but he'll need our help.

If you don't have a myOtaku account, get one. They're very easy to register for. All they will ask from you is your e-mail address.

Let's rock and roll.

- [b][color=purple]Grape Ape[/b][/color]

[b]Update![/b]

Adam masterfully deflected the terror attack.
[quote=Adam]Otaku Terrorists: We did it! We have finally seized control of TheOtaku!!

(5 minutes later)

Otaku Terrorists: ?!?!?!

"1,232 fan art waiting to be approved?!"

"What? The PM glitch has returned?!"

"We owe HOW MUCH for web hosting?"

"Ugh, what is this article site that people keep complaining about"

"What the heck is Haruhi Suzumiya??"

"ADAM?! Come back!!!"[/quote]
[center][img]http://otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26232[/img][/center]

[color=DarkGreen]Peacock laid silently on his bed at the infirmary, his head still wrapped up in bandages. Gurt had told him that the terrorists were on the move again. There had also been an internal crisis at the HQ, resulting in Mother's leave. Peacock wished he could be there with his colleagues in these difficult times, but his condition had only gotten worse. The wound in his head had been more severe than thought.

It seemed that ultimately Platypus had gotten the best of him, after all. Peacock closed his eyes and fell asleep, never to wake up again.

An hour later Gurt returned to the infirmary, only to find Peacock passed away. The autopsy revealed that he had died from internal bleeding at the brain.[/color]

[color=deeppink]A brilliant flash of light, an ear-shattering boom, and then darkness. That's all I can remember of the attack.

I've been told I was unconscious for nearly a day afterwards. It sounds about right; it may seem weird, even unbelievable, but I was aware nearly the entire time. I can't say how long, because when you're unconscious time plays more tricks on you that normal.

At first it was dark. Pitch-black. It was this way for a long time; I had nothing to do but reflect on the previous events, both good and bad. From the terrorist's defection to my own traitorous progeny, I had a lot to think about.

I don't know how long this lasted. Eventually, though, shapes began to form. At first they were blurry, impossible to make out, but they rapidly became clearer.

I saw Adam being led away in shackles, his face one of grim defeat. I saw the CTU, in all their splendor, charge upon the terrorist scum in an attempt to free Adam. The battle was fierce; the terrorists kep shouting insults as the CTU turned it all into valid discussion. It was marvellous watching such an event from the outside.

The scene faded, replaced with more blurry shapes. Familiar shapes formed out of them; the faces of my friends. Grape Ape and Drei were the only people in the command room, with Grape Ape shouting orders and Drei taking my place at the monitor station. I smiled, or at least I imagined I did. They could get along plenty fine without me.

Suddenly, both their eyes snapped to my center monitor. The look of panic on their faces was unsettling, to say the least. I followed their eyes to the screen; it was the medical ward. I saw myself, laying on the bed, convulsing, with the doctors trying desperately to stabalize me.

Everything started to shake. The image violently broke apart, replaced again with the inky blackness. Even then, and this is a hard thing to explain, the shaking didn't stop. Somehow, the nothing was shaking before my eyes. It was disconcerting, to say the least.

It quickly stopped, replaced instantly with a brilliant white aura. I felt myself drawn to it, even though I knew what such an image must mean. I was clearly dead.

I suddenly felt a great sense of resignation. I knew there was no point in fighting; I proceeded into the light, awaiting my destiny and praying that the CTU could manage without me.

WHAP! Pain shot through my head. Is this what the light felt like?

WHAP! WHAP! WHAP!

[b]All right! Cut it the hell out![/b]

I rubbed my head with my... hands? I was still formless, and yet... it's impossible to explain. These words are merely the closest faximile I have.

[b]You silly boy. It's not your time.[/b]

Out of the light stepped - no, [u]sauntered[/u] - Peacock, sipping on a spectral martini and still waving that damnable fan.

[b]Peacock? What are you doing here?

I've kicked the bucket, I'm afraid. Platypus's doing.

Then I'm?

No, no, no, you poor thing. Don't you listen? It's not your time! It's all been a big mixup, I'm here to send you back. [/b]

I stared, hardly able to accept what was happening. I felt it was only right to salute.

[b]It's been an honor serving with you, Peac- Sandy.[/b]

Peacock smirked and closed his fan.

[b]Give the CTU my regards.[/b]

WHAP!

I was flying backwards, propelled by the sheer force of his fan, for what felt like miles. I hit something very solid, and I found myself awake in my bed, doctors crowded around me. More than one of them were proclaiming my survival to be a miracle.

I sat up. It was a painful process; I was alive, but still badly hurt. I looked around at the stunned doctors, and smirked.

[b]Don't act so surprised. You should all know by now that you can't stop the signal.[/b][/color]

Mother had not intended to come back. Her words of frustration over how certain aspects and predetermined policies were being ignored were exactly how she felt. She did not care if there was a war being fought. Or that spammers were on the loose and that terrorists were attempting to hijack the sister site's founder. Being an agent of the CTU was secondary to being a Mother who still had a daughter she was raising. It was one thing to care for others, to prepare baked goods and to offer advice whenever possible, but neglecting her daughter to deal with issues she should never have had to deal with in the first place was unacceptable.

So with a polite nod to Grape Ape who though sad, understood her decision, she had left. It was not like she was leaving them on their own. The CTU had many capable and strong agents who would see to it that the terrorists did not win. And even though she was saddened to learn that Peacock's injury had ended up claiming his life, she went back to what she had always done. Taking care of her daughter.

But something had happened to convince her to return and now as she stood before the main entrance of the CTU accompanied by a blonde haired child who looked to be about twelve, she wondered how her daughter had managed to talk her into returning. Though in her heart she knew. Mother's daughter was in many ways far more outspoken and determined than she had ever been.

She ignored the surprised looks from the other members of the CTU as she entered the building and immediately headed for Grape Ape's office. Taking a seat along with her daughter across from Grape Ape who was looking at her with a surprised look on his face.

"[B]Mother, what can I do for you?[/B]"

"[B]It's simple Grape Ape, I wish to return to duty. However I have a condition that must be met.[/B]"

Grape Ape could hardly believe it. Mother wanted to return? Surely it was a good sign that they would win the war, they had been losing too many agents lately. "[B]What's the condition?[/B]"

Mother reached over and placed her right hand on her daughters left shoulder. "[B]My daughter will be staying with me as well as assisting you with your fight.[/B]"

"[B]Mother.[/B]" Grape Ape said reluctantly, "[B]You know that in order to sign up one has to at least be thirteen.[/B]"

"[B]Hey![/B]" The girl spoke up. "[B]Use your eyes old man! I'm fifteen![/B]"

"[B]Aaryanna,[/B]" Mother said warningly. "[B]Be a little more respectful please.[/B]"

"[B]Yes Mom.[/B]" Aaryanna said with a mischievous glance. Mother just sighed.

Grape Ape looked to Aaryanna again. "[B]I see, then welcome aboard Aaryanna, what would you like to use as your call sign?[/B]"

"[B]I would have thought that was obvious! Fluff![/B]"

"[B]Ah... Fluff it is then.[/B]" Grape Ape pulled out a file and made a note of their newest addition.

"[B]Well, now that that's settled I'm going to show my daughter around.[/B]" Mother stood up and took Aaryanna with her, tuning out anything else that Grape Ape would have said.

"[B]Now I'm afraid you'll have to share a room with me dear since there just isn't enough to go around at the moment.[/B]" Mother was saying.

"[B]Yeah, Yeah, I know. I don't suppose we can go and get some dinner first?[/B]" Aaryanna asked wistfully. "[B]I'm kinda hungry.[/B]"

[SIZE="1"]The attack against Adam on MyOtaku had caught them all off-guard, too many people had considered The Founder to be untouchable, his space almost sanctified, it just showed how deep the terrorists were prepared to ram their theological daggers. The emotion in the control room was bedlam, multiple monitors dedicated to the HTML coding of Adam's page, others sweeping through traffic to prevent a repeat attack.

During the nuclear suitcase mission he's specifically chosen Solo Tremaine's Enter the Net because of it's value to both sides, the terrorists had assumed it to be the perfect target to strike at CTU and general populace morale... they just hadn't counted on the fact that Gavin or [i][b]Janus[/i][/b] as he had since called himself was a CTU operative. ETN had always been considered a potential bombing site and was constantly monitored by CTU, the Irishman knew they'd pick up the bomb without any difficulty.

He rose from the console in front of him, wiping a few beads of sweat from his forehead that threatened to work their way into his eyes. He'd had very little interaction with the other agents, most seemed almost afraid of him after his very public outburst against Crystia. He sighed, when he'd been picked up out in the desert he'd never expected things to turn out this way. He'd assumed he'd just settle back into the fold, a CTU veteran agent ready to continue the fight.

Grape's office was on the top floor of the CTU building, a blending of glass, brick and exotic timbers that gave the office at once a very comfortable and very formal feeling. As he exited the elevator he saw Agent Mother and a small girl leave the office, he'd heard about Mother, and knew she was the one who had brought Crystia into the CTU fold. He lowered his eyes as she passed, unwilling, or perhaps unable to make eye contact.

"[B]Hi there, who are you ?[/B]" The voice was female, but definitely not Mother's. He looked down to see pre-teen blond staring up at him intently.

"[b]My name's Gavin...[/b]" He looked to Mother for either some guidance, or mercy, unused to dealing with children. "[b]...and I work with your mum.[/b]"

"[b]Well now you work with me too.[/b]" He arched an eyebrow, unsure about what she meant. Mother simply sighed, shaking her head.

"[b]What do you mean ?[/b]" He was genuinely confused.

"[b]Agent Fluff, pleased to meet you.[/b]" He broke a small smile. Evidently the appearance was a guise, but her speech hinted at a still young age.

"[b]OK Fluff[/b]" He said, patting her on the head. "[b]I'm Special Agent Janus.[/b]"

"[b]Janice ? Isn't that a girl's name...[/b]" Gavin's face fell. Mother let out a quick chuckle before putting her hand to her mouth.

"[b]Janus. J-A-N-U-S. He was a Greek god, of beginnings and endings, but mostly associated with his two faces and therefore betrayal.[/b]"

Mother simply stared at Gavin, understanding the significance of the codename. Fluff continued to make a frown, evidently she still didn't think much of the name.

"[b]I've got to go see Grape Ape now Fluff, but let me say, welcome to the team.[/b]"

"[b]OK Janus. I hope the old man isn't too rough on you.[/b]" It was Gavin's turn to suppress a laugh, apparently his appearance masked his age, despite being in CTU as long as Josh had. He waved nodded goodbye to Mother, he returned the gesture, before entering Grape Ape's most personal domain.[/SIZE]

[color="goldenrod"]Aaryanna followed her mother to their shared room to put the few things she had brought with her away. She couldn't help but notice how tiny the room was. [i] Good thing I left most of my stuff behind.[/i] She sighed a bit.

"[b]Mom, I know I said I was hungry, but can you introduce me to Crystia first? She's the one who use to be a terrorist right?[/b]"

"[b]Yes, but why do you want to meet her?[/b]"

Aaryanna gave her a knowing look, "[b]Because I have an idea for the latest mission and I want to ask her to help. Terrorists are good at causing chaos right?[/b]"

"[b]Aaryanna.[/b]" Mother said with a pained expression.

Aaryanna just laughed. "[b]Oh Mom! I'm not gonna do anything that would cause problems. If the Old Man likes my idea it would be lots of fun! People like to stir things up so we need to give them a place to do it.[/b]"

Mother just sighed when Aaryanna called Grape Ape an Old Man. Once her daughter made up her mind it was hard to change it. "[b]All right, I'll take you to where Crystia's room is then. Lets go hun.[/b]"

She smiled at her daughter and then proceed to lead her through the hallways of the CTU, pointing out different areas as she did so, politely introducing her to the members they came across. Until finally they were at the room Crysta was sharing with Throne. The door was open and Aaryanna knocked on the wall once before entering. Throne was sitting at the tiny desk and Crystia was putting away some stuff into a chest.

Throne looked up at the sound of the knock as did Crystia. "[b]Aaryanna, what are you doing here?[/b]" Throne asked here.

"[b]It's agent Fluff now. I've come to join the CTU.[/b]"

Throne smiled a bit, "[b]Well then Agent Fluff, here at the CTU I am known as Throne. Glad to have you on the team.[/b]"

[i]Throne? My aren't we pretentious.[/i] She couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at that statement. "[b]Throne? What kind of silly name is that? I know what you're getting at but all it does is make me think of that oversized chair the Old Man sits on.[/b]" She wrinkled her nose and made a face.

Confused Throne looked to Mother, "[b]Old Man?[/b]"

Mother sighed again before giving Aaryanna a stern look. "[b]She means Grape Ape.[/b]" Mother glanced up at Throne giving him a stern glance when she heard him stifle a chuckle.

"[b]You must be Crystia.[/b]" Aaryanna boldly stuck her hand out, a moment later Crystia shook it hesitantly, looking to Mother as to what was going on.

"[b]This is my daughter Aaryanna. She wanted to meet you.[/b]"

"[b]Ah, I see.[/b]" Crystia finally stammered. "[b]Nice to meet you then Aaryanna... I mean Agent Fluff.[/b]"

Aaryanna smiled as she pulled her hand free of the handshake. "[b]Crystia you use to be a terrorist right? Well you see I want you to help me come up with ideas for the next assignment.[/b]"

"[b]Well it's simple really, I think we should have a Bermuda Triangle Challenge. Basically what it would be is people would sign up to find missing tourists. They would be split into different teams and then given objectives to complete in order to find them.

It would be done like an RPG or it could be done where they hunt for clues like a scavenger hunt. Either one would work. Anyway, what I need your help with is coming up with the clues or in the case of doing it like an RPG, special cards that would be played.

You see the Bermuda Triangle is known for freak storms, UFO's, Time Warps, etc. It would be fun to give each team cards in secret and then as they hunted for the missing tourists, or ships. They could use one of their cards to say delay the other team. In the end the team that worked together the best or rescued the most people would win.[/b]"

Crystia looked to Mother as if wondering what to say. Mother just shrugged. "[b]Well, I'm not sure how, but if you want I will try to help you think of stuff.[/b]"

"[b]Good! How about we think about it while we get some dinner? You do know where the cafeteria here is right?[/b]"

Crystia nodded. And then allowed herself to be dragged out the door by virtue of Aaryanna simply grabbing her sleeve and dragging her along. Talking excitedly about different ideas. [/color]

Several of us were gathered in the cafeteria, eating dinner, sharing a few stories and remembering our fallen comrade, Peacock. The events of the past few days had been both tragic and unexpected: Karumi-Chan?s reveal, Ploppy?s brush with death, Peacock?s passing, Japan?s sudden betrayal and now? [I]Fluff[/I]. Things were happening so fast, perhaps too fast. I was spending so much time focusing on the current crises that I hardly touched my food. Mother was the first to notice. Of course.

?[b]Was there something wrong with your dinner, Grape Ape?[/b] Mother asked.

?[b]No, not at all,[/b]? I said with a sigh, ?[b]I just keep thinking about everything that had happened, and almost wonder if we?re not in over our heads.[/b]?

?[b]Ha![/b]? Sour Candy shouted from across the room, a candy cigarette in his mouth, ?[b]We should @&$#)@# march right on down to the enemy base, grab ?em by their collars and drag those #*****&% into jail where they belong! I?M THROUGH PLAYING GAMES, SOLDIERS -- YEEHAW![/b]?

Sour Candy?s spirit and enthusiasm were welcome, even if they were a little intimidating. El Kabong, who was seated next to Sour Candy, picked up his dinner and quickly seated himself on the opposite end of the cafeteria.

?[b]I?m just glad Fluff wasn?t around to hear that?[/b]? Drei said drly as she rubbed her forehead, "[B]That's some harsh language, if you can even call it that.[/b]"

Throne coughed to get the attention of the group.

?[b]Anyway. I think what Sour Candy is trying to say is that we should be more proactive in our war on OtakuBoards Terror. This Community Event should be a reflection of that.[/b]?

?[b]Agreed,[/b] Starbucks said in between sips of her Mochacinno, ?[b]We need to come up with something strong, robust and maybe even a little nutty for our project. We need our coffee to say ?We?re not afraid of you terrorists. We?re gonna drink whatever we want!'[/b]?

Wander turned towards Starbucks, her eyebrow raised.

?[b][I]Coffee?[/I][/b]?

?[b]I didn?t say coffee, I said ?Event.?[/b]?

?[b]No you did not, dear. I even heard it, and I?ve got my headphones cranked up to 11.[/b]?

The room nodded in agreement. Starbucks blushed.

?[b]Oh. My? well what about my ?Otaku Bachelorette? idea? I admit I don't know the community very well anymore, but I imagine anime fans still go crazy over a moderately attractive female.[/b]?

?[b]It?s true,[/b]? Sanguinius replied, ?[b]They?re pretty pathetic sometimes.[/b]?

El Kabong raised his hand to speak.

?[b]And we can?t forget about Webster?s ?Otaku Talent Night? suggestion. As someone who is neither an Otaku nor talented I think it could be a lot of fun.[/b]?

Drei quickly smacked El Kabong against the back of the head.

?[b]Quiet, you.[/b]?

I stood up and looked around the room. Surely between the 20-odd remaining members we could come up with something spectacular. [I]If only Peacock were still around?[/I]

?[b]Whichever event we choose, we need to do it soon. Gavin--[/b]?

?[b]Janus.[/b]? Ploppy said over the intercom, ?[b]He goes by Janus now.[/b]?

?[b]Okay. [I]Janus[/I] and Crystia were able to recover bits and pieces of information about our enemy?s forthcoming Community Event. They seem much more prepared than we are for this challenge, and it could be launched at any time. I?d like to see someone step forward and assume control of this operation.[/b]?

It was at that moment I felt a sharp pain in the back of my leg, knocking me to the ground. Fearing the worst, I turned around to discover what looked like a fluffy white sheep tugging at my right calf with unbridled fury.

?[b]Oh my goodness![/b]? I shouted, trying to kick the beast away with my free leg, ?[b]Get it off! Get it off![/b]?

Mother snapped her fingers and the monster instantly let go of me.

?[b]Aaryanna![/b]? Mother shouted at the? thing, ?[b]Bad dog! Don?t bite Grape Ape![/b]?

The little ball of fur whimpered and bowed its? head. With a closer look I was able to recognize my attacker as being none other than Agent Fluff?s Bichon Frise, Aaryanna.

?[b]How embarrassing,[/b]? Mother said as she patted the dog on the head, ?[b]I thought my daughter would have known better than to drag you along for a dangerous war like this, Aaryanna. Oh well. The more the merrier, I suppose.[/b]?

The entire group surrounded the animal, rubbing its? belly and awing every time it performed a new trick.

?[b]I think I?m in love![/b] Gurt shouted excitedly, [b]?It?s soooo cute![/b]

I came back to my feet. The back of my leg was in excruciating pain.

?[b]Adorable. Drei.[/b]? I said softly.

?[b]Yeah, Grapey?[/b]?

?[b]I need you to escort me to the medical ward. I think this bite might need to be disinfected.[/b]?

From somewhere...a transmission...

Though Ploppy the Spaceship was currently out of comission, someone had seen fit to leave a message for him on the OBCTU network via a foreign transmitter. Upon closer inspection, the message received contained a voice, highly distorted, and an attached, encrypted file.

The voice spoke as follows.

"This is Agent Webster speaking. Though I am currently on foreign assignment I have been able to complete the basic outline for the project that I had detailed earlier to Commander Grape Ape. The contents of the outline are enclosed in the file, but have been encrypted to prevent interception and the file can only be opened by the Commander himself. Agent Ploppy the Spaceship, I would ask that once you get this message, you forward it to Commander Grape Ape immediately. Also, tell the members of the OBCTU that I wish them luck in their endeavours and that I look forward to seeing them all upon my return. Also, I believe I should inform you that as the location of my current mission is incredibly remote, supplies are scarce and I have been reduced to feeding on cockroaches."

Pause.

"That was a joke, but if I have to, I really will. Agent Webster out."

With that, the recorded message ceased. Ploppy the Spaceship would not find it until he returned to his post, but until then, it would wait patiently for him, encrypted documents safe from harm...

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Crystia didn't know what to think about Fluff's forward behavior. She hadn't been around children since her brother had been killed two years ago. But that didn't seem to bother Agent Fluff who chatted like a little mad thing, asking her questions left and right. Was it true that terrorists didn't take a bath? Was it true that they killed their own? The questions went on and on. Until finally movement in front of the cafeteria as they approached it caught her eye. It was Grape Ape limping along with Drei assisting him. [I]What the?[/I]

Agent Fluff just gave him a strange look. "[B]What ya limping for Old man? Did you trip and fall or something?[/B]"

"[B]Steady Grape Ape,[/B]" Drei said even she placed her hand on his shoulder, clearly suppressing the urge to chuckle.

Grape Ape sighed, "[B]Just ask Mother what happened Fluff.[/B]" Then with a pained look he continued down the hallway.

Crystia just watched them go and then followed Fluff who had already entered the cafeteria. Some form of commotion reached her ears and she followed her to find out just what it was. She had barely entered the room when many of the agents there looked away, with perhaps the exception of Janus who watched her every move. It was obvious that he wasn't going to trust her anytime soon.

But then her thoughts were interrupted by something touching her leg. Startled she looked down to see a small white dog standing up on it's hind legs for lack of a better word, pawing at her for something. [I]Since when did we have a dog here?[/I]

"[B]Oh Aaryanna![/B]" Fluff called out. "[B]Come back here this instant![/B]" She ran over to pick her up.

"[B]You naughty dog![/B]" She smiled at Crystia. "[B]Usually she always obeys, unless you have something she wants. What's in your pockets?[/B]"

Crystia pulled out a small bag of carrots that she had gotten earlier at lunch time to have for a snack during the afternoon. There was still a few left.

Fluff laughed. [B]"No wonder! Aaryanna loves carrots![/B]" She set Aaryanna down who went back to begging Crystia standing up on her hind legs and waiting. "[B]Go ahead. So long as it's fresh veggies she can have it.[/B]"

Crystia looked at Mother who nodded and then pulled out the carrot, offering it to Aaryanna who took it and immediately ran to find a spot and lie down to eat it.

"[B]Anyway,[/B]" Fluff spoke up. "[B]What's the plan for the Event that we're suppose to do?[/B]" A couple of the other Agents patiently explained what they had suggested so far.

"[B]Oh I don't know,[/B]" Fluff finally said. "[B]Those could be fun I suppose, but what about my idea for a Bermuda Triangle Challenge?[/B]" She proceeded to explain to them what she had already explained to Crystia. Becoming impatient when no one said anything immediately.

"[B]Well? Come on people! If we're going to stop those stupid terrorists we need to get cracking![/B]" Agent Fluff said in her most bossy, know it all fifteen year old voice.

Crystia just stood there, not sure what to do. Even if she had an idea she wasn't sure if anyone would even listen to it. Finally with a sigh she went over to get something to have for dinner.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Drei was kind enough to wrap my leg in a bandage as we sat in the medical bay. The bite wasn't anything seriously, but I would probably be limping for a few days. [i]I certainly hope that dog is house trained.[/i] Just the same, I could trust the rest of my team and knew they would be able to reach a final decision about the Community Event soon and without my help.

Janus entered the room with a grim expression on his face. Something was definitely troubling him. But then again, who [i]wasn't[/i] troubled by this recent string of events?

"[b]Ape, may I speak to you for a moment?[/b]"

"[b]Why of course, Janus.[/b]"

He uncomfortably motioned towards Drei.

"[b]I'd prefer we discuss this alone.[/b]"

Drei rolled her eyes.

"[b]I'm a member of the Triad,[/b] I said as I placed my hand on Janus' shoulder, "[b]Anything you can say in front of me you can say in front of them, and it will be held in the strictest confidece.[/b]"

"[b]Very well then. It's about the rest of the team...[/b]"

"[b]They are a little eccentric. Yes.[/b]"

"[b]Extremely so,[/b]" he replied, "[b]I'm afraid that maybe they are holding us back from what we're trying to accomplish with this war.[/b]"

"[b]These boards are just as much theirs as they are ours. While I admit they can be wild at times, it's imperative that we maintain a united front...[/b]"

I locked eyes with Drei. She nodded, and left the room quietly, closing the door behind her.

"[b]...But I do understand that there are some things that the youngers members don't need to be a part of.[/b]"

Janus raised an eyebrow in suspicion.

"[b]I don't understand, sir.[/b]"

"[b]Between Japan and 'Muffin' the terrorist side has done an excellent job of embarrassing me-- no, this whole [i]organization[/i] in front of my peers. Worse yet, Nomura was privy to information regarding our plans for the final battle...[/b]"

I reached into my jacket and withdrew a small pistol.

"[b]How do you still have that? Those were banned during the Tenchi Wars.[/b]"

"[b]That's not important. It's yours now.[/b]"

I handed the weapon to Janus and he began to inspect it.

"[b]As you know, it's a modified non-lethal Mod Rod used to close threads, sometimes referred to a 'Lock.' You and your teammates will be wielding these on your new mission...[/b]"

"[b][i]Mission?[/i][/b]"

"[b]I would have gone myself, but my recent injury could hurt our rate of success. You need to go in my place. Your mission briefing and the others will be waiting for you at the rendezvous point.[/b]"

"[b]I won't fail you, Grape Ape.[/b]"

[B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]The Counter-Terrorist Unit Headquarters stood tall and imposing, guards posted at every entrance possible. In the distance the guards spotted a lone silhouette of a humanoid figure. It was approaching their location at a steady but slow pace, the sun at it's back left their identity a mystery as the shade veil their appearance. A guard brought a pair of binoculars to his eyes and looked through them far into the distance, still impossible to make out, but a trace of a bushy beard and turban wrapped up on their head. The guard reached for his radio and spoke into it.

"Agent Ape, are you available?"

[COLOR=Purple]"Roger."[/COLOR] Grape Ape responded after the click and paused hissing that preceded it.

"Sir, it seems we have a suspicious man approaching CTU Headquarters. What would you like us to do?"

[COLOR=Purple]"Get some guards to meet him halfway, then proceed to check him for weapons of any kind. Once clear, bring him back here for questioning."[/COLOR]

"Understood. Out."

The guard in the look out tower radioed for a team of four to retrieve the approaching suspect, search him for any lethal objects, and then return with him for questioning. In a camouflaged SUV a team of four set out, in no time at all they came upon the suspect and leap from the vehicle with their weapons drawn before the driver could fully stop. Their weapons pointed at the suspect they order him to raise his hands in the air, to which he complied calmly, seemingly without fear at all. He placed his hands upon his head and waited patiently as he was patted down. From his ankles, up his legs, around his waist, up under his arms, down his sleeves and even a quick pat to the turban.... Nothing, he was clean.

"We are here to secure you for questioning, please place you hands behind your back and make this easy on all of us." A guard ordered, but this time the man did not comply.

[COLOR=DarkRed]"There is no need for restraints, I am not armed and am not here to do you any harm. In fact, I've come, from the...terrorists run by Charles Bin Laden. I am here to talk to your leader, ah, what's his name? Ape, I believe? Grape Ape? Yes, that's it. I've come to speak with the Ape of Grape. Take me directly to him."[/COLOR]

The guards spoke among themselves for a moment and one guard nodded walking away a few paces drawing his radio.

"Agent Ape, sir, the suspect says that he is here to speak with you, he's come from the terrorist cell of Charles Bin Laden. He's clean sir, nothing on him. He wishes to be brought straight to you, without restraints."

Grape Ape sat silent for a moment, then responded [COLOR=Purple]"Take him to the cells, it is not our policy to deal with terrorist, especially ones who've nothing to deal with."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Tell him...Fu...Terror Stick wants to speak with him of defecting to the CTU."[/COLOR] The suspect said revealing himself to be the Terror Stick.

Grape Ape did not need to be told, he heard Terror Stick himself and spoke. [COLOR=Purple]"Bring him to me, I'll interrogate him myself. If he is telling the truth, it could deal a significant blow to the terrorists."[/COLOR]

"Roger. Out."

The Terror Stick, as requested was not restrained, but still felt the soldiers grip the whole ride back to the CTU Headquarters. Terror Stick was quickly ushered to the office of Grape Ape, they brought him in and force him to take a seat before Grape Ape dismissed them.

[COLOR=Purple]"Terror Stick...Forgive my men, it's so hard to know who to trust these days. Especially when the person who isn't trusted happens to call himself the, uh, Terror Stick."[/COLOR] Grape Ape said with a sly grin.

[COLOR=DarkRed]"It is not a problem, my friend. Grape of Ape, let's cut to the chase. I wish to speak with you of defecting to the CTU. You see, I am not one of your typical terrorist. I, in fact, am like you. I was lost however, a while ago, in the desert. I was discovered by the terrorists and was next to be one of their sacrifices by beheading. However, they felt it more insulting to your...erm, my people to attempt to brainwash me and force me to join their ranks and fight you...."[/COLOR]

Terror Stick trailed off for a moment stroking his beard as Grape Ape turned his back to him to shuffle through some papers on his desk. Terror Stick grinned at a small window of fortune, and the luck that Ape's guards failed to search his beard. Terror Stick pulled a small dagger from his dirty beard and raised it high into the air ready to plunge it into Ape's back. Suddenly, Ape realized Terror Stick had gone quiet and spun around to see what was the matter. The Stick was too fast however and quickly shoved the dagger under his turban.

[COLOR=Purple]"You were saying?"[/COLOR] Grape Ape asked signaling Terror Stick to continue.

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Oh, yes, sorry the sun...must have got to me. Anyway, I led them to believe they'd brainwashed me and led the life of a terrorist until a perfect opportunity arised where I could escape. That opportunity is now...."[/COLOR]

Grape Ape thought of something and turned to his desk to grab a pen and jot it down so he wouldn't forget. Terror Stick quickly reached under his beard and pulled out a stick of dynamite...strangely it was already lit. He leaned forward about to shove the dynamite down the back of Ape's pants, but he had already started to turn back. Panicking Terror Stick quickly threw it out the window and a small explosion sounded moments later.

[COLOR=DarkRed]"As I was saying..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]"What was that sound?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"What sound?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]"That sound just now."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"I heard nothing."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]"It sounded like an explosion."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"It was thunder."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]"But, we're not supposed to get..."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"It was thunder!"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]"Okay... So what were you saying again?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]"I, uh, I gained their trust and set out claiming to be on a suicide mission to destroy you, but as your men discovered I am carrying no weapons to do so, because I had never planned on actually carrying out my mission."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple]"Interesting story, Stick, but I find it hard to believe after all this time you are of your own mind and willing to serve until the CTU. Against your former allies no less."[/COLOR] Grape Ape responded not buying Terror Stick's story at all.

The door suddenly opened before Terror Stick could respond and in walked Mother, Terror Stick grinned and Mother stood in shock at the sight of the man before her.

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Ape of Grape, meet the other reason I decided to defect to the CTU."[/COLOR]

Grape Ape looked confused as he looked back and forth between Terror Stick and Mother, it was almost as if they knew each other.

[COLOR=DarkRed]"Hello, Mother."[/COLOR] Terror Stick said slyly smiling in Mother's direction.

[COLOR=Magenta]"H-h-hello,...Father."[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/B]