OtakuBoards

FQFG2: Counter-Terrorism Unit

Shy

[quote name='Baby Girl][color=deeppink']I think you're just seeing things. Maybe you should clean out your eyes. You wouldn't want to accidentally get hit with a banstick! Hee![/color][/quote]

[font=tahoma]Frightening :(. I don't like Baby Girl, she's a mean individual. Certainly characteristic of a terrorist.[/font]

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[color=deeppink]Baby Girl, we're not trying to be bullies here. We just want to get to the bottom of this problem; it seems more than one person is seeing this, which makes me think it's a problem with OB itself.

I mean, it's not like anyone wants this problem to continue; I know I wouldn't like my account to make me look like I was actually kuja or Rick Hunter or something. Wouldn't that be embarassing?[/color]

[quote name='Baby Girl][COLOR=darkorchid']I suggest that you all pray. ^_^[/COLOR][/quote]Mother watched what was unfolding with disgust until finally she turned and left as she had work to do. "[B]I will be sure to pray,[/B]" She said to herself as she headed to her room. "[B]If only for the salvation of your poor misguided soul [strike]Charles[/strike]/Baby Girl.[/B]"

It took her very little time to get to her room and to open up the suggestion box she had placed there earlier, just outside her door. Inside were a number of folded up papers and she gathered each of them before heading into her room. Mother took a seat at her desk and started reading through them.

She could tell already as she carefully copied each one into her prim notebook that it would be a hard choice. Many of them were perfect for her role as spokesperson. Though it still pained her that someone would even think of joining the other side. Nor did she like the idea of trying to figure out just who it was.

With a sigh she finally picked three and wrote them up on a separate piece of paper. Then she went back out into the main room where the coffee machine was and pinned it up on the Bulletin board that was there.
[INDENT][B]One[/B] - If a comrade was seriously injured in the battlefield, would you take the time to protect that person or leave that person behind and save yourself?

[B]Two [/B]- Choose one weapon to use, to fight: a bomb, a bunny rabbit or a knife.

[B]Three[/B] - Do you make your bed in the morning?[/INDENT]
Mother shivered as she looked at the result. [I]It just can't be true. How could anyone betray us like that?[/I] Then she turned and left, heading back to her room to get ready for bed. But not before she carefully drew a line through the questions she had posted in her notebook. Then she put the rest of the information back into her drawer should she need them for the next set of questions.

Get out your magnifying glasses! Here are the first round of answers from our suspects:
[quote=Suspect #1]1) I could never leave a comrade behind. I would protect them to the best of my ability until help could be organized to not only get them the medical treatment they needed, but to also get them transported to safety.

2) I would choose a bunny rabbit. Because no one can resist petting a cute rabbit and doing so would put an end to the horrible fight.

3) I always make my bed when I get up in the morning.[/quote]
[quote=Suspect #2]1) I'd try to help the person in need, especially if they're my 'comrade'. If they'd be some sort of asshole that has been annoying the crap out of me ever since I met them, I'd drop to the floor and reflect on the situation for a moment.

2) Bunny rabbits are dead cool, I'm not planning on using one to beat someone up. Bombs do boom and are pretty unpractical in a lot of situations, also because I don't have the best throwing arm, so I'd have to set it up from before. Therefore, I'd have to go for the knife out of these three.

3) Only if it looks real awful and I have absolutely nothing to do and someone is coming over. Only in the case where all three of those situations are present.[/quote]
[quote=Suspect #3]1) I would do what I can for the person. But I'd probably be too scared and end up looking out for myself!

2) Bunnies are scary but bombs are better.

3) Sometimes.[/quote]

Okay! So we have two more rounds of questioning left. If you have any additional questions you can PM your spokesperson (Aaryanna_Mom.) [b]Please note that the next three questions are due by tomorrow[/b].

Things are relatively quiet now, but you still need to be vigilant. The terrorists are masters of deceit, and there is no telling what bizarre attack they may plan next.

- [b][color=purple]Grape Ape[/b][/color]

[quote name='Baby Girl][color=deeppink]Oh no! Please don't mention that name again! Is Kevin still around? You guys would protect me from him, wouldn't you?[/color'] :crying:[/quote]

[color=deeppink]Well, you [i]are[/i] the enemy, so we can't promise anything.

However, if you joined the CTU... [/color]

Well, after being scolded, I will now extend the courtesty of revealing a shocking secret: I was in fact, Baby Girl. I hope that this will prompt anyone in the RPG not to be offended at how badly I tarnished Baby Girl's name with my very convincing imposter act.

P.S. I promise not to do any more terrorist attacks!

[QUOTE=Charles]Well, after being scolded, I will now extend the courtesty of revealing a shocking secret: I was in fact, Baby Girl. I hope that this will prompt anyone in the RPG not to be offended at how badly I tarnished Baby Girl's name with my very convincing imposter act.

P.S. I promise not to do any more terrorist attacks![/QUOTE]

[center][IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26159&stc=1[/IMG] [/center]

[color=deeppink]I had no idea. The disguise was flawless![/color]

Mother had carefully examined the answers to the questions that Grape Ape had posted, she could only hope that the next set of questions would help to making things clearer. She was already in her room and carefully examining the remaining questions. Wondering just which three would be best to put up on the bulletin board. It didn't help that she was feeling under the weather a bit and tired as well.

Finally she made her choice, wrote them down on a new piece of paper and then crossed them out in her notebook before putting it away. Then she went out and pinned it up for everyone to see:

[INDENT][B]One[/B] - Why did you accept a position inside of the CTU?

[B]Two[/B] - Do you regularly spend time in RPs in the Adventure Square?

[B]Three[/B] - If you had the choice, would you rather be fresh and clean, or smelly and dirty?[/INDENT]
Then, tired both mentally and physically she went back to her room and went to bed.

[size=1]The sound of my footsteps echoes through the deserted hall. I, Boo, known within the organisation as [b]Platypus[/b], am used to the silence in the building, as I always wake up and go to sleep at other times than the rest of the unit. This way I also miss out on a lot of the action that's been going on lately. At one point I was called out of bed to support [b]Grape Ape[/b] in my pajamas, but that was about it.
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Passing the billboard, I noticed the second sheet of questions for the suspects.
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color]'Oh darn, I forgot to enter my own question this round and it was such a good one,' I mumbled to no one in particular, as there was no one around to actually mumble it to. Though, sometimes a man just has to mumble something. In that case, he does it to no one in particular. Easy as that.
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Scribbling on the back of my hand that I should send in my questions in time the next round. It'd be the last round and rather important in the case of finding out who's ready to betray the CTU. 'Tomorrow is another day. Perhaps I should already make the note...' I mumbled on while trying to figure out how on Earth I even got the pen that I just used.

The echo of the footsteps stopped minutes after I stopped infront of a closed door. Josh, or [b]JJ[/b], would most likely be in this room. I'd love to talk to him after so long, but then I'd have to go into this room. This room, behind this door. This rather regular door. To open this door, I would have to use this handle right over here. And to turn this handle, I would have to move my arm just a bit. But I couldn't help but feel tense. Something didn't seem right. My imaginary spider senses were tingling, but I didn't know why.
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Finally I decided to just run straight into the room, my weapon ready to help me in any kind of conflict I could think of. I got into position, shoulder towards the door and counted to three.
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color][i]'One...'[/i] My eyes narrowed.
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color][i]'Two...'[/i] My knees bent a bit more while sweat appeared on my forehead.
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color][i]'Three!'[/i] And I rushed straight at the door -
[color=#EDEDED]____[/color]Just in time to see a wondering [b]JJ[/b], holding the handle on the other side of the door, before I stumbled over something and smashed into the wall on the other side of the room. Lying there, I realized that this really was the most uncomfortable position I had ever been in.

Now I finally have an RP post up, though it's not very adding to anything, at least I got to manage it within the first ten pages of the RPG. :)
[/size]

Time for another round of answers! Have you figured out which one is the terrorist?
[quote=Suspect #1]1) Because there are so many innocent lives at stake.

2) Yes I do. I have good friends that I enjoy spending my time with there.

3) I would rather be fresh and clean obviously. Being smelly and dirty is bad for your health.[/quote]
[quote=Suspect #2]1) Did I? I thought I was randomly forced into the Counter-Terrorist Unit (and the RPG, mind you) just because I replied to the sign-up topic.

2) Since when did I have a choice? Hm, there's some investigating to be done.
Not at all. Though I used to spend a lot more time there.

3) Fresh and clean. You scare off the ladies (oops, spoiler) opposite gender when you're dirty. People in general, anyway.[/QUOTE]
[quote=Suspect #3]1) Because I thought of it a fun thing to do. I mean, why not? I am bored out of my mind otherwise.

2) Heck no, too busy in the anime lounge and otaku lounge to care. Was told to join this so I did. Plus, I am too busy ogling cats.

3) The answer to that question depends on the situation. Yes I love to be clean, however, I do like rolling in the mud every now and then and making heavy messes with shaving cream and whipped cream...mmm, terror. Besides my messy yet creative personality, I do have my moments where I absolutely HATE being dity so I have to take a shower...but if no shower is available, a lake with suffice.[/quote]
The final round of questions should be posted tomorrow, and then the following day we will receive the final set of answers.

Terror in the Art Studio continues! Be vigilant!

When Mother got up and started preparing for the day, she first took the time to look at the answers that had been posted. Feeling a little frustrated that other than perhaps one, the others she couldn't tell if they really were a terrorist or not. And since the others had been strangely quiet since the whole thing began she wasn't sure what to think or who to even talk to.

So instead she did what she always did, she got breakfast ready and then after cleaning up and preparing things in advance for both lunch and supper she headed back to her room to review the remaining questions left since she would need to post three more later that evening.

As she approached her door Mother looked down at the suggestion box that was still there. She figured that there probably wasn't any more questions but she opened it up just the same and took a look. This time there was only one slip of paper, neatly folded up and resting on the bottom of the box. She picked it up, closed the lid to the suggestion box and took it with her into her room.

It wasn't until after she closed her door and she had sat down at her desk and pulled out her notebook that she opened the paper to read it. Her right hand ready with her pencil to write down the questions along with the others. For a moment she couldn't believe what was on it. Confused Mother read it yet again. She set her pencil down and grasped the paper with both hands. Holding it steady to make sure there was no mistake. [I]What in the world?[/I]

[CENTER]**********************[/CENTER]
Mother had hoped that someone would say something, but it had been instead nearly deathly quiet all day. She was sure people were having conversations out of sight but she had not heard any. In a way she supposed she understood. They, like her, probably didn't want to believe that one of their own was a traitor.

Still only one set of questions remained...Mother, from her position of being in front of the bulletin board reached up and pinned the last set in place.

[INDENT][B]One[/B] -If you had a choice, wiukd you rather die for a cause, or live to continue the fight?

[B]Two[/B] - How do you feel you stand with other members here on the Boards?

[B]Three [/B]- What board(s) on OtakuBoards do you visit mostly. And what board(s) do you least visit?[/INDENT]Finished, she hurried back to her room to get some much needed sleep.

The plot thickens! These are the last answers, but which one is the traitor?
[quote=Suspect #1]1) Well that depends on which answer would save the most lives.

2) As far as I know I get along well with the rest of the members and that they like me as well.

3) At the moment I visit the Adventure Square the most. As for the least probably Hardwired since I don?t play video games at all so there?s usually nothing for me to comment on in that area.[/quote]
[quote=Suspect #2]1) I would much rather live to continue the fight. Dying doesn't seem very practical from any perspective. Especially not if there's a fight still going on.

2) Some of them Otaku's probably hate my guts, others consider me to be funny. Some call me snarky, though most probably find me brilliant and deadly hilarious. As they should. I've never really played a big part in any OtakuBoards event or thread, nor in anything else big in OtakuBoards now that I think of it, so I don't think I'm famous or anything. Now I really want to know where I stand with other members here.

3) I never ever visit the Anime Lounge (let stand the Manga Workshop) and don't intend to ever do so while I'm sober. I also don't spend much time in the Hardwired board. The forum I visit mostly is probably in the Art Studio while it is alive and I visit the Otaku Lounge a lot, sometimes leaving a witty comment in one of the threads. The Anthology and Square (under their old name, mind you) used to be my haven, but well, not anymore.[/quote]
[quote=Suspect #3]1) I'd rather die for it.

2) I have my close friends and that's all I need. Though, new friends are always nice.

3) I mostly visit Otaku Lounge and Anime Lounge. I visit the other boards when I'm bored or when I'm told there is something interesting. Otherwise, the other ones get the low end of the deal.[/quote]
Okay, so now it is up for our team to decide which one is the traitor. [b]Tomorrow night[/b] I will reveal which three members were our suspects, but try to make your decisions based off of the questions; the identity of the real traitor may surprise you!

I will expect a final decision from our spokesperson by Monday morning, and then the next challenge will begin. Please post your theories and speculation here!

Most of the members of CTU were gathered up together in the conference room to hear the answers of the three suspects read by Grape Ape. After finishing up the last set of answers, Grape Ape wanted to hear our opinions on who we thought was the possible suspect.

I was eager to voice my opinion, but was a little hesitant since I thought my opinion would be too simplistic. However, being simple is who I am, and so I stood up from my chair and cleared my throat.

[b]?Suspect # 3 seems to be the one that is the most suspicious to me out of the three suspects. The suspect shows a little bit of fear when it comes to protecting a fallen comrade in battle. The person even prefers to use a deadly bomb in the battlefield that can harm many innocent civilians over a stuffed rabbit and a knife. Also, the suspect likes to roll around in mud and get dirty. Most importantly, he/she even likes to ogle at cats, which is what the smelly terrorist leader Charles fond the most. Clearly, these are definitely characteristics of a terrorist. "[/b]

[b][/b]I looked down to the table as if I was confused,[b] "However, the person just seems too obvious and a simple minded person like me does not know how to look deep into these answers. Grape Ape stated that the real suspect may end up being a surprise and so there is a great possibility that the real traitor could be any of the other two suspects. Therefore, I ask you my highly intellectual comrades, which suspect do you think is the traitor?? [/b]

Being very anxious to hear what others had to say, I immediately sat down back in my chair and awaited for someone else to voice their opinion.

Mother waited until Gadget had finished with their observation, she wanted to speak but was hesitant. But when it became obvious after a while that no one else was going to speak up, at least not for a while she became irritated.

"[B]I'm sorry if this is going to sound a bit harsh, but I [I]need[/I] to know what people think! Grape Ape has clearly said that he expects a final decision from our spokesperson by Monday morning! I agreed to be the spokesperson for this sad affair but I [I]cannot[/I] agree to decide who the traitor is without your help![/B]"

Mother paused for a moment to regain her composure, still sad and even a bit angry that anyone would willingly join the terrorists. "[B]Personally I am terrible at figuring these things out. But out of the three suspects, I do have to agree with Gadget that Suspect #3 seems the most likely. For the same reasons Gadget mentioned.[/B]" Mother shook her head negatively, "[B]But like I said, I'm terrible at figuring these things out. If it is not Suspect #3 then I am at a loss since the other two don't seem like terrorists at all.[/B]"

She looked around the room at each and everyone of them before speaking again. "[B]Even if it's only to say you don't know who it is, please, speak up. We cannot afford to be silent at a time like this.[/B]"

Mother finished and then waited for someone else to speak.

The last thing I remember was Charlie Bin Laden and a wave of felines, each hungrier and more annoying than the last. Before I could react they had tackled me to the ground, meowing and scratching mercilessly. I had underestimated by opponent, a huge mistake. [I]Perhaps?[/I] I thought, [I]Perhaps this would be my last mistake.[/I]

It wasn?t long before I lost consciousness from the pain. Charlie must have assumed I was dead, because even though I was unconscious I could somehow see him walk away from the battlefield. He shed a single tear, perhaps mourning the loss of a worthy opponent, and summoned his cat army to follow him back to Jihad headquarters. I saw my own damaged body laying against the desert sand, and then it hit me. Charlie Bin Laden wasn?t leaving me for dead, [I]I was dead.[/I]

A million thoughts raced across my mind. Many were about my beloved OtakuBoards and Counter-Terrorism Unit, while others involved more trivial matters like my potted plants and comic book t-shirt collection. I would never have a chance to be with any of those things again; I just wondered how long it would be before I came face to face with my maker.

Suddenly a brilliant burst of light spread out across the desert sky and a single figure appeared before me. It was a man I hadn?t seen in ages, the original OtakuBoarder: Adam.

?[b]Shyguy511[/b]?? he said with a grin across his face, ?[b]Your time has not come. You are needed in the coming battle.[/b]?

?[b]But I?m dead! Charlie Bin Laden and his terrorist cats ambushed me![/b]?

?[b]Death is only a setback, my friend.[/b]?

Adam pointed his hands towards the horizon, and my eyes quickly followed. Another brilliant burst of light filled the sky, and instantly we were transported to the CTU headquarters. The mood was somber, like that of a funeral, and a few team members were huddled together in the conference room.

Mother reexamined a handful of notes she had spread out across the desk before her, each containing a question for the suspects. I could feel her anxiety. She worried that perhaps she had chosen the wrong questions to ask, and also whether she would be able to find the real traitor.

?[b]Do not bother to interact with them, Shyguy511,[/b]? Adam announced, ?[b]They cannot see or hear us.[/b]?

?[b]But Ad---[/b]?

?---[b]I am not the Adam you know! I am merely a projection into your consciousness, taking a form from of the OtakuBoards you once knew. For you to win this battle you must look towards the future.[/b]?

?[b]Can I still call you ?Adam?[/b]??

?[b]Um? yeah? I guess that would be fine.[/b]?

Mother stepped before the other members, shuffling some notes of his own nervously. She was an especially perceptive member of the organization, but I wondered if any of them had yet discovered the true identity of the traitor.

?[b]Even if it's only to say you don't know who it is, please, speak up,[/b]? Mother shouted, ?[b]We cannot afford to be silent at a time like this![/b]?

[b]?Truer words??[/b] Adam replied sagely.

The others looked around the room nervously, waiting for someone to speak up. The silence in the room was deafening.

?[b]Maybe if we knew their identities?[/b]? One of the agents muttered to themselves.

?[b]I know! I can help you![/b]? I screamed.

Adam began to chuckle to himself.

?[b]Do you not understand my words, Shyguy511? As far as they know you are dead.[/b]?

?[b]I don?t care. Someone has to step forward and do something. This apathy is sickening![/b]?

The silence continued.

?[b]Your concern for the boards is admirable,[/b]? Adam said, ?[b]But we have more to see before you can return to the land of the living users.[/b]?

?[b]And where is that?[/b]?

Adam reached for my hand, and everything turned to darkness.

[FONT=Arial][B]"Maybe if we knew their identities?"[/B]

From the side of the room, I cleared my throat.

[B]"Perhaps,"[/B] I acceded, examining my knees absently. I let the air carry my words over the room; shouting would only injure my voice, and the current atmosphere was already tense enough without adding to it. [B]"But then, would it not be the same as if our traitor was jumping around in front of us, waving their arms?[/B]

I stood smoothly, as if a gust of passing air had brushed me to my feet.

[B]"Our traitor is not going to make it easy to find them,"[/B] I continued. [B]"Their purpose is to remain here and thwart us from behind, an activity that goes much more smoothly if we don't know who they are. So we are left with examining the statements provided us.[/B]

[B]"However,"[/B] I added, [B]"I feel that these statements are enough. It is safe to assume that the third suspect is the terrorist. This is an all too easy conclusion, so we must take it further. Our task was not so much to determine which suspect was the terrorist, but who the suspect is. If I may refer us to our mission dossiers, it was stated that the names of our suspects would not be revealed in any particular order, so even if we knew their names, we would still have to match them up.

"In that event, it would seem that the easiest course of action would be to identify the two loyal suspects. I propose, though, that such an action is a waste of time. And since the only other option would be to identify the terrorist directly, why not do it now? The only difference is that our name pool is bigger."[/B]

I sensed the restlessness and skepticism of my audience. It wasn't entirely unexpected; I was used to feeling like Holmes when I decided to start speaking.

And so I threw my card.

[B]"I am convinced that the answer is staring us right in the face. If you all wish, I can show you what I see. The proof is naturally insubstantial by itself, but taken together it should make a clear connection."[/B]

I removed my sunglasses, letting my grey eyes drift over the room, settling at last on my accused.

[B]"Let us look to Japan."[/B][/FONT]

[font=Book Antiqua][b]"I haven't had the slightest clue what we should do in a situation like this and I've kept out of this entire thing since the beginning, because I'm new here and don't know most of you well enough to be able to tell who was selling themselves to the enemy, but this accusing one another is not going to help our situation at all."[/b] JJ replied, standing up, [b]"I don't mean to be rude here Agent..."[/b]

[b]"Shades."[/b] He replied.

[/font][font=Book Antiqua][b]"Shades, I do agree with you that Suspect 3 seems most likely to be the terrorist... but, what solid evidence do you have that Japan was even one of those who was asked? I just don't feel right going on a wild goose hunt and upsetting and insulting various agents, you know?"[/b] He questioned, looking the other agent straight in the eyes.

[/font]

[color=deeppink]I finished my surveillance, hoping beyond hope to determine the identities of the suspects. The information stormed in my head, and I attempted to make sense of it all. The discussion of my teammates, once nothing more than background noise, now roared to the forefront of my attention. I decided the time had come for me to chime in.

[b]I agree with Shades that suspect 3 is almost clearly Japan. however, I don't think we should be focusing entirely on suspect 3. We need to consider the other two.

Suspect 1 has been a mystery to me; I went with his or her claim that they never post in hardwired because they never play video games. I found many with very few posts; [u]Birmingham[/u] and [u]Shades[/u] both had one or two posts, but it was clear from both of them that they play video games at least semi-regularly.

[u]Sonic[/u] had zero posts in Hardwired, lending credibility to her being suspect 1. However, my firm belief is that suspect 1 is our own spokeswoman [u]Mother[/u], due to her complete lack of interest in video games, and also because the answers given point almost directly to her; her use of bunnies to end fights parallels her use of baked goods to end fights mentioned in [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=56608&page=1&pp=15]this[/URL] thread.

Suspect 2 is a little harder to place via my amazing research. My initial reaction to the questions are [u]Peacock[/u], [u]Shades[/u], and [u]Platypus[/u]. However, I realize [u]Peacock[/u] would never be that modest... [u]Platypus[/u] posts there exceedingly rarely. With further research, I discovered that [u]Birmingham[/u] has never posted in Anime Lounge, but he seems to still be somewhat active in Adventure Square... and he doesn't post nearly enough in art studio...

I have not completely researched everyone, but I believe wholeheartedly that suspect 2 is [u]Platypus[/u]. Mainly due to the "snarky" comment.

Suspect 3 is clearly [u]Japan.[/u] There's no doubt in my mind; the love for cat pictures gives it away easily, and the fact that suspect 3 was told by someone to join this RPG.

As to who the mole is... Japan seems too obvious. Pardon the expression, but she's been in bed with Charlie Bin Laden for years; would our dreaded enemy truly use such an obvious plant? She has certainly been the least active of all of the CTU members (with the exception of Birmingham and MistressRoxie), though, keep that in mind.

Suspect 2 shows signs of being a terrorist as well. "Forced" being an interesting choice of words. This suspect, if it is indeed Platypus, would not bring about too much suspicion, and would certainly fit in with Grape Ape's cryptic comments.

Suspect 1 would be a hell of a surprise, especially if I'm right about it being Mother. Sonic is still not out of my sights yet, though.

That is all I have for you, CTU. Take eveything iwth a grain of salt.[/b]

I leaned back, relieved that I was finished with this witch hunt. I returned to my surveillance; the terrorists would not rest simply because we were busy.[/color]

I reappeared in a dark room that seemed to have been collecting dust for months. Though the lighting was sparse I could recognize where we were: The Community Events forum. Adam was no longer standing before me, but instead a character I had created long ago.

He was a dark male figure in a full, flowing cape. He stood over six feet tall and had a slight, athletic frame shrouded in a black metallic costume to cover his body. The few highlights of color were on his chest - a logo of some sort - the letter ?A,? in crimson red, and a set of faint, glowing eyes.

?[b]Arbiter?[/b]? I said, ?[b]Why do you visit me now?[/b]?

?[b]I arrive when I am needed. You and I have unfinished business.[/b]'

I knew what he said to be true. While I had many great moments as Event Master, the failure of The Legionnaires still continued to haunt me.

?[b]I?m sorry, Arbiter. I never meant to leave your story dangling like that.[/b]?

The Arbiter only nodded.

Ripped up pieces of manga littered the floor like confetti. It was as if a great party had suddenly sprang up, and ended just as quickly.

?[b]Is this a vision of things to come, specter?![/b]? I asked nervously, ?[b]What has become of my once-beloved forum?[/b]?

?[b]Without a sense of community a Community Events forum serves little purpose, Shyguy511.[/b]?

?[b]But what of White? I put this place in capable hands![/b]?

?[b]The one you speak of has allied himself with dark forces, while this war of yours only serves to divide the members of our community. White will reclaim his throne as Event Master when he has a strong and united community to serve.[/b]?

The thought hadn?t crossed my mind before, but I wondered if The Arbiter?s words were true. Could this battle of ideologies do more harm than good?

?[b]I don?t want to see anymore, Arbiter! Take me back to CTU headquarters![/b]?

Darkness emanated from The Arbiter?s cloak and spread across the floor, swallowing up the room.

?[b]You are not a part of this willingly,[/b]? The Arbiter?s voice echoed through the darkness, ?[b]We have one final stop to make, Shyguy511...[/b]?

- - - - - - -

Be sure to check out the new official [b][url=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=54351&page=5]Final Quest for Glory 2[/url][/b] wallpaper in the wallpaper thread. It's way cool, and I'm very proud of it since I'm Photoshop-illiterate.

So few were speaking up, it was disheartening. To Mother, it felt as if people were too afraid to speak up, too afraid of the possibility of retribution should their guess be wrong, or correct for that matter. [I]I have to do something, at this rate we won't figure it out. Ploppy's observations were well thought out and yet in spite of that others still refuse to speak up![/I] Mother took a deep breath to steady herself. Most of them didn't understand why she had been so upset over the whole thing, or rather she thought that they were assuming it was due to her inability to believe that someone would be a terrorist.

But Mother knew it was more than that, and the knowledge weighed heavily on her heart. [I]I can't let it bother me anymore, [/I]she thought with determination.[I] Even if someone actually thought such a thing was possible, I know that it was not and that's all that matters in the end.[/I]

"[B]I have something else to say,[/B]" Mother spoke up. Everyone gave her their attention. "[B]When this first started we all agreed to what Grape Ape suggested, to use questions that would be answered in secret. I suppose he meant to protect the two who were innocent since being considered a traitor, especially when one is not, is a horrible thing to do to someone.[/B]"

Mother sighed, clearly distressed, "[B]Even though Grape Ape was planning on revealing who the three suspects were, I honestly think he was hoping to figure it out before it came to this. I believe his intent was to uncover the traitor and protect the identity of the others. I don't know if that's what he really intended or not, but now we'll never find out.[/B]"

She took another moment to compose herself and then finally, she said it, "[B]Ploppy is correct, I am suspect number one.[/B]" Mother ignored the startled gasps of surprise, as well as the tears that started running down her face.

"[B]I know that I am not a traitor. Just as I know that I could never harm someone else, and it hurts unbearably that anyone could even think that I would. I know that if we do have a traitor, it has to be one of the other two and yet, I still don't want to believe that either one of them would do such a thing.[/B]"

Mother sat back down and bent over placing her hands over her face, "[B]I'm sorry, but how can I possibly help decide who the traitor is when I am one of the suspects? It's not fair to the others who are under suspicion, I'll still be your spokesperson, but I can't help you decide who is guilty, you'll have to make that decision without my help.[/B]"

At that point Mother couldn't help but cry, all she could think of was what would happen to her daughter if she was falsely accused of being a traitor? Who would take care of her? [I]I'm sorry Grape Ape, but I can't keep this a secret any longer. They have the right to know. [/I]Now she could only hope that if one of the other two really was a traitor, that the others would figure it out.

Once again I had been transported to a strange yet familiar place. I was standing at the top of a hill, surrounded by vast wastelands on either side. A simple gravestone lay before me, the name obscured by years of dirt and neglect.

?[b]I?m sorry,[/b] A voice called at me from behind, ?[b]But registration is closed for new members. You?ll have to try and come back some other time.[/b]?

I turned around and was shocked to see DigitalBoy2007 standing before me, wielding a mod rod. I would recognize that face anywhere, but something about him had changed since the last time I saw him. For one he now seemed much older.

?[b]2007DigitalBoy! It?s me! Shy! It?s great to see you, you colossal tool![/b]?

He thought for a moment and raised his eyebrow.

?[b]I don?t know any ?Shy.? But all of the member accounts were deleted in the SpamPornBot Crusades of 2012. It?s entirely possible that you?re an older user and your information was lost.[/b]?

?[b]Oh, and also,[/b]? He added, ?[b]I go by [I]2014DigitalMan[/I] these days. I?d appreciate you treat me with a little more respect, seeing as I'm the Administrator of this site.[/b]?

I was speechless at this revelation.

?[b][I]?Admin?[/I][/b]?

?[b]But of course,[/b]? He said with a laugh, ?[b]Someone had to run the boards after James left to pursue his dream of becoming a Baptist Minister. I hear he and his wife are very happy now.[/b]?

?[b]And what about Dagger?[/b]?

?[b]She grew tired of mortal affairs, and rejoined her family on the Moon.[/b]?

?[b]And Desbreko?[/b]?

2014DigitalMan lowered his head.

?[b]Someone kicked him in the nads one day, and he was never the same...[/b]?

This was most certainly the future that the others had warned me about. I could only imagine what role I had in this, if any.

?[b]Yeah? there are only a few of us now?[/b]? 2014DigitalMan said with a sigh, ?[b]Myself, Aaryanna_Grandmother, OtakuBot and Deathknight. Things aren?t very active anymore. We mostly just talk about socks now? in the Sock Forum.[/b]?

Tears began welling up in my eyes. I couldn?t believe what I was hearing.

?[b]How could this be? This place used to be so vibrant, so [I]alive.[/I][/b]?

?[b]It all started around 2007 or so? a legendary spam war turned the boards against themselves, and before we knew it we had a mass exodus on our hands. Then Charlie Bin Laden was elected Emperor by the OtakuBoards Senate, and Shy? [I]oh, poor Shy[/I].[/b]?

2014DigitalMan stopped speaking for a moment, overcome with grief. He wiped a single tear from his eye.

?[b]Wait, didn?t you say your name was Shy?[/b]?

?[b]Yes, that?s what I?ve been trying to tell you. What happened?[/b]?

?[b]I remember now. It?s funny you go by that name, too. You?re standing right on the original Shy's memorial.[/b]?

The sound of thunder echoed throughout the sky and I frantically began wiping dirt from the unmarked grave. All this time my online fate stood directly before me: A pauper?s grave at an abandoned anime message board:

[center][b]Here lies Shy: Banned January 24, 2009[/b]
[I]?He was a smelly terrorist.?[/I][/center]

- - - - - -

I opened my eyes to discover that I was sitting at my chair in the CTU conference room. Mother, Ploppy, Gadget and the others were sitting around me, their eyes curiously focused on me.

?[b]Are you okay, Grape Ape?[/b]? Gadget asked as he offered me a bottle of water.

?[b]Ever since you came back from the Art Studio you have been weird,[/b]? Peacock added, ?[b]Did you party a little too hard last night? I know I did![/b]?

Was it all a dream? Was everything that had just happened a bit of fantasy, or had I really been confronted with a vision of things to come?

?[b]I--I?m fine,[/b]? I replied softly, reaching for one of the folders in front of me, ?[b]I am now able to reveal the identity of the three suspects to you?[/b]?

?[b]Don?t bother,[/b] Ploppy said, ?[b]We figured them out already. Mom is 1, Platypus is 2, and Japan is 3.[/b]?

'[b]...oh.[/b]'

'[b]Weren't you paying attention?'[/b] Shades asked, '[b]Mother cried about it and everything.[/b]'

Platypus rolled his eyes.

'[b]I swear. It's like Grape Ape is in another time zone most of the time...'[/b]

A sense of pride overcame me. Even in my absence the team had been able to put the pieces together. Maybe I was not as integral to the success of the Counter-Terrorism Unit as I had thought. They would figure this out, with or without my help.

?[b]Then I guess there is only one more thing to figure out...[/b]?

Everyone nodded in agreement.

[FONT=Tahoma]Geez, I've never seen anything like it. Was Grape Ape taking his meds or what? He was in this odd euphoric trance...like he was daydreaming. Maybe this job was really getting to him. We pretty much sat through the deliberations with him only present in body it seemed though. I wanted to express my thoughts but it seemed the process was equally as easy to figure out between everyone. I looked over a few seats to Mom, I felt so bad for her and it seemed highly improbable that she could be the traitor. The part about this job though is to not let your judgement be run by your emotions though, so it wasn't as if I could just completely set it aside.

Ploppy certainly explained well what was going through my mind, though he pinpointed more suspects then I would have. The fact of the matter is that none of them could really be considered one hundred percent innocent. Grape Ape seemed a tad troubled though, even though we were on the verge of cracking this case.

Japan and others stayed very silent throughout the discussion, was it because of how quickly everything was layed out on the table, or was it because they would rather avoid saying something potentially incriminating? We were getting close, after this was over we could get back to business. Granted there isn't too much of a period of mourning for our discovery...either way we look at it, losing who we thought to be a reliable member of the CTU would be a big hit either way. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I coughed pointedly.

[B]"Yes; quite."[/B] The G.A.'s state bothered me a little. He genuinely seemed to be trying to focus on our little tribunal, but his mind was obviously elsewhere, and his face showed faint traces of shock, horror, and uncertain relief. Curiously, the character Ebenezer Scrooge came to mind. I wondered why....

[B]"Thank you, Ploppy, for your input,"[/B] I began again. [B]"Actually, I'd also pegged Platypus as number Two, though I think we can dismiss him as our plant.

"Neither he nor Japan have taken action against the terrorists wallpaper graffiti; of course, neither have I, but then I am no artist. Japan also failed to assist us in our hentai war, while Platypus pulled some very nice shots at our enemy, and even used one of their own weapons against them. It occurs to me that if indeed he is our plant, he would have endeavored to be a trifle more ambiguous with his tactics. Please, contradict me if I am wrong,"[/B] I requested.

[B]"Also, notice the entire statement that Platypus gave to the fifth question:"[/B]
[QUOTE][I]Did I? I thought I was randomly forced into the Counter-Terrorist Unit (and the RPG, mind you) just because I replied to the sign-up topic.[/I][/QUOTE]
[B]" 'Forced' is indeed a questionable word to have used there, when 'assigned' might have been more appropriate. Remember, though, that Japan was also told to join us; she never mentioned by whom. Also, her comment applied to a time before these incidents even started, and Platypus's statment at least indicated he had a prior measure of interest.

"I agree that Platypus's answers to the first string of questions are ... well, questionable. But look:"[/B]
[QUOTE][I]Bunnies are scary but bombs are better.[/I][/QUOTE]
[B]"Both Mother and Platypus responded to the corresponding question with the sentiment that bunnies aren't really weapons. And before anyone can say I contradict myself, Mother is not using a bunny so much as a weapon as she is a distraction and deterrent. She wishes to completely diffuse the situation, not escalate it with violence.

Platypus shows that he is willing to fight, but that 'bunnies are dead cool', apparently making them too good to use as weaponry."[/B] I made a silly face. [B]"He disdained the bomb because it is too impractical, and he mentioned that it would require prior set-up. Perhaps that is also suspect. Perhaps not.

"Japan's response, though, indicated that she might consider using bunnies because 'they are scary'. Think about that. Isn't 'scary' the point of terrorism? Weren't those nipples rather scary?"[/B]

A collective shudder passed through the room. Even Ploppy's cameras seemed to quiver. Amusing....

[B]"I thought so. Ordinarily, nipples would not be considered as weapons either, but in that case...."[/B] I let the thought die there. There was no need to dwell on that horrific image any longer.

[B]"The rest of Japan's answers make me feel edgy as well, but one in particular stands out to me:"[/B]
[QUOTE][I]The answer to that question depends on the situation. Yes I love to be clean, however, I do like rolling in the mud every now and then and making heavy messes with shaving cream and whipped cream...mmm, terror. Besides my messy yet creative personality, I do have my moments where I absolutely HATE being dity so I have to take a shower...but if no shower is available, a lake with suffice.[/I][/QUOTE]

[B]"Here; let me zoom in a little:"[/B]
[QUOTE][I]...however, I do like rolling in the mud every now and then and making heavy messes with shaving cream and whipped cream...[B]mmm, terror.[/B][/I][/QUOTE]

[B]"I beg your pardon? The suspects were told to answer the questions both honestly and in character, correct? Then what, may I ask, could have prompted this answer? Facetiousness would be ill-served here, especially if she were innocent.

"I have a few other items I wish to bring forward. Oh, and Ploppy? I apologize for this in advance, but it is necessary."[/B]

I accessed the dormant program I'd had sitting in the back of my consciousness since I'd prepped it before this inquiry began. It was a simple hack program, essentially, intended for our surveillance system, but I'd known Ploppy's defense protocols were nigh-impeccable, and doubly so given the recent intrusions, so I'd been very meticulous with it this time. The program activated, and I had remote access within milliseconds. I kept it for later use.

[B]"If I may recall us to when we first arrived, our initial objective was to come up with amusing names for ourselves. Even our leader admitted openly that Japan's name was a failure in that regard, and she made no effort to rectify the situation."[/B]

I dimmed the lights and cut on the large viewscreen behind the G.A.'s desk. Various shots of Japan flicked across it's silver surface, changing as fast as I could watch and filter them myself. (I disregarded any videos linked from the restroom area; it would have been ungentlemanly and rather rude to show such possibly private affairs.)

[B]"So far, the only thing Japan has done for the CTU was to nominate Mother as our spokesperson, and even that move was questionable; no offense, ma'am,"[/B] I added hurriedly. [B]"I know that you might still have been selected, even if Japan hadn't suggested you, and I do not know that I would have voted otherwise. It was why I stayed out of the process; I know your predisposition to think the best of everyone, and so I thought that to place you as the final word would have been an unfair demand of you; but I could honestly arrive at no other outcome. And even now, you have yourself relinquished the burden of the verdict back to us. You will now only serve to make the decision official.

"Other than to make the aforementioned request public, Japan has been sedately reading and consuming copious quantities of cookies. At the beginning of the suitcase bomb incident, she even left. Just left. Not even Ploppy the Spaceship knows where she went then."[/B]

I shut off the screen. [B]"Now, if you will allow me the indulgence...."[/B]

The intercom came to life with Japan's voice.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]Why did they kill one of their own? But then again, he was an idiot. Not worth anyone's time and was very annoying at that. He failed at everything he tried! Now if only they will get rid of all those other slackers too.[/B][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I frowned. [B]"Please don't bother quoting George Orwell to me. Trust me, I already know.

"Japan's voice indicates that she is obviously disgusted with the slaughter of our former enemy Premonition, who was killed for coming to his senses. Combine that with her rationalization for his murder, and her desire that the terrorists should dispose of their 'other slackers', and it begins to seem that she rather wishes them well. I ask you, even if Premonition was aggravating, did any other of you wish him dead also? I sincerely doubt it."[/B]

I replaced my sunglasses, with which I had been gesticulating during my overlong speech. Returning to my seat, I left behind one last thought as I returned control of the facility's systems to Ploppy.

[B]"Perhaps I should also mention that Japan still flaunts a banner that proclaims her as vice-president of the Charles fan club?"[/B][/FONT]