OtakuBoards

Clandestine Clues [PG]

Claire

[FONT=Arial]Welcome.

This is hardly a role-playing game. There aren't any roles to play.

The only character is dead, and no living being has even realized it. However, she's not incommunicado.

This game is a murder mystery. Our ghostly host only wants for her death to be acknowledged. She wants for people to know who she is, who killed her, where, and with what.

It's up to you to follow her clues and to uncover the answers to the mystery. These clues could be anything: videos, pictures, poems, songs, screen names, etc. They could range from being easy to decipher or pretty challenging to figure out.

At this point, the game is still in the planning stages, but I'm ready to accept sign-ups. All you have to do is reply--you don't have to create a character or anything like that. Of course, if you have any questions, I'll try to answer them as best I can. (I can't give too much away, of course!).

For now, the sign-ups will close Monday, June 25. I'm really excited for this to get underway, and I hope we can make it ultra-fun. :][/FONT]

[FONT=Tahoma]I thank you Clurr, I've been in the middle of deciding between a murder mystery theme or another for the RP i'd like to put up soon and you've made my decision for me since now i'll be able to take part in both. Go ahead and count me in, since it's already a mystery from the very beggining, tis already interesting.[/FONT]

Well since it's not necessarily a role-playing game, is it just searching for clues and the posting our findings in the thread, or will it be kinda "Clue"-like in the sense we'll post in the main thread as though it were a story. And is it a competition or a collective thing??? And where would the clues be hidden? (Assuming that it's not a collective story) Would they be anywhere on OB or elsewhere?

I have way too many questions but it's like BK said, it's already interesting just from the mystery of your intro. I'll give it a shot.

[QUOTE=Darren]Well since it's not necessarily a role-playing game, is it just searching for clues and the posting our findings in the thread, or will it be kinda "Clue"-like in the sense we'll post in the main thread as though it were a story. And is it a competition or a collective thing??? And where would the clues be hidden? (Assuming that it's not a collective story) Would they be anywhere on OB or elsewhere?

I have way too many questions but it's like BK said, it's already interesting just from the mystery of your intro. I'll give it a shot.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Arial]The way I'm envisioning it, the main thread would be for dissecting the clues and posting the answer (so it would pretty much be a collective effort). As for your second question, all I can say is that the first clue in each section would be here, but after that they'll take you from one website to another.

And I'm already planning an actual RP based on the game Clue. I just want to see how well this one fares before diving into another one.

Hah, the responses so far are making me even more excited. [/FONT]

[quote name='Fyxe][size=1']Considering it is still Monday, I'm hoping I'm not too late to say I'm in.[/size][/quote]

[FONT=Arial]No problem! :]

I'm considering nulling the sign-ups and letting whoever wants to join do so. I just didn't think it would be good form to post the game without having this kind of thread generating interest beforehand.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=navy]Even though the main thread slowed down and stuff I was wondering if I can still join (if it's worth it)? I'm kinda bored and stuffs, so yeah. I'm up for it if you're still accepting and if the other players are still up to play.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...