OtakuBoards

Esper Jam Underground [PG]

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR=Magenta][CENTER][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/esperjambanner.png[/IMG][/CENTER]

Alrighty! I decided it would probably be a good idea to open up the underground a bit before the main thread to get the conversation going, so to speak. Anything you have to say, here's where to say it, I guess. Also, I need to post this all-important term list.

[CENTER][B]Esper Jam! Terminology[/B][/CENTER]

[B]Esper[/B]: As previously explained, an esper is one who manipulates reality using their mind.

[B]Esper Hall[/B]: A secluded community full of espers. Espers live there and learn how to master their abilities along with other espers.

[B]Mages[/B]: An incredibly powerful esper is known as a mage. You won?t find any of them on earth usually, but when they are around it tends to be a big deal. Even to most espers, they are nothing more than legend, and most are said to be immortal.

[B]God[/B]: While espers come from all religious practices, many of them believe god to be the ultimate esper. When one of the more powerful espers references god, they usually speak of him in this sense.

?[B]That Bastard[/B]:? Many of the espers refer to their leader as ?that bastard.? This is because the leader, a 63 year old hothead, considers himself to be some sort of messenger of god. He tries to rally people about, and he always makes overblown promises to try and gain support. Most of the espers ignore him entirely, though there are a few who actually follow him.

[B]Classes[/B]: While Esper Hall is not a school, a lot of people think of it as one. With permission from the higher-ups, members of the community are aloud to hold ?classes? to as many students as they want to teach a specific technique. Many students like this method as it is a more organized and quick way of learning, but it is also more difficult and brings along a school mentality.

[B]The Bus[/B]: Esper Hall is in the middle of nowhere and no one is sure why. Because no one wants to have to drive to and from the city, most people rarely leave Esper Hall. The most popular form of transit to and fro is the community bus. The bus goes out every Saturday morning on a food run and takes anyone heading into town along with it. Anyone who stays out past 11 PM is on their own in getting back to Esper Hall.

[B]Clubs[/B]: There are all sorts of clubs in Esper hall just like a high school or college would have. Their times, activities, and general information are all up to the group itself.[/COLOR]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy']I've got a question DB, is there a regular collage that we could go to? I mean like Yale or somehing like that. [/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]I don't think that would really work, seing as how the commute would be crazy. Like I said, this place is out in the middle of nowhere. To train for esperism (yes, I coined that just now) you must have full dedication.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ok, I have a settings question here. What exactly is Esper Hall supposed to look like? Is it set up like a collage campus, with a main building and a series of other buildings in the same 'campus', or is it more like a little town? Or is it just one big complex? Also, what kind of architecture is it, your standard, oppressive red-brick square-buildings, or something more Victorian?[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta']I don't think that would really work, seing as how the commute would be crazy. Like I said, this place is out in the middle of nowhere. To train for esperism (yes, I coined that just now) you must have full dedication.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][I]You're right. Plus being an esper you could just hypnotize someone to give you your diploma. :p

So we can god-mod freely througout this RP, or is there a limit?[/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR=indigo][quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy]So we can god-mod freely througout this RP, or is there a limit?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Premonition...Seeing that DB had[I] this[/I] in the sign up thread:[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta]Your character is a new person at Esper Hall. [B]Your powers are weak[/B'], and your training has just begun.[/COLOR][/quote]I'd say there's a limit. [I]Obviously[/I]. That and if you start off by God-Modding and messing with other characters...Don't be surprised if mine burns your character from the inside out and does him in. ;) [/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=indigo]Premonition...Seeing that DB had[I] this[/I] in the sign up thread:I'd say there's a limit. [I]Obviously[/I']. That and if you start off by God-Modding and messing with other characters...Don't be surprised if mine burns your character from the inside out and does him in. ;) [/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][QUOTE][B]indifference:[/B] Prem, you have god-modded past the specified limits! Do you know of your punishment?

[B]premonition: [/B] I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I swear.

[B]indifference:[/B] You shouldn't swear! *zaps prem with mod-rod*[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]So your right about that then. Never judge thr Uber knowledge of a moderator! :animeknow [/COLOR]

[quote name='Wet Cement][COLOR=DarkOrange']Ok, I have a settings question here. What exactly is Esper Hall supposed to look like? Is it set up like a collage campus, with a main building and a series of other buildings in the same 'campus', or is it more like a little town? Or is it just one big complex? Also, what kind of architecture is it, your standard, oppressive red-brick square-buildings, or something more Victorian?[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Well, I had a pic in the sign-up, but it wasn't too specific. The way I've been imagining it is multiple large buildings that look sort of like a modern university that would be situated in the middle of a grassy area surrounded by trees (like x-men academy if it were multiple buildings)There's one rod leading out, and it is not a very well-worn road.

@ Prem: remember Prem, this rp may be onscure, but you can't just do whatever you want. I may not have erase cards or anything, but don't think I can't trap you in a black hole or suck your mind into a mental vortex if you screw around too much.[/COLOR]

[size=1]Since my character needs to find her way to Esper Hall, I just want an idea of how she's getting there. Do we start off finding the bus? And if so, how are our characters going to know how to find it?

Ah man, summer RPGs. <3
I can't wait for this to start, I have time to kill.[/size]

[QUOTE=Fyxe][size=1]Since my character needs to find her way to Esper Hall, I just want an idea of how she's getting there. Do we start off finding the bus? And if so, how are our characters going to know how to find it?

Ah man, summer RPGs. <3
I can't wait for this to start, I have time to kill.[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Magenta]Ah, don't worry about that. I plan to start everyone off already being there. that's why I was pressuring people to make them just sort of show up, cuz they're all going to be there anyway.

EDIT: And Story Quest One is up! Open for posting![/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy']If there is something you didn't like about my post DB, tell me. I don't want to get thrown out of this RPG.[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]You were fine, Prem. for once, you were totally fine XD In fact everyone's doing a good job. I find it funny how indiff's char seems better at being homeless than Wet's. His needs to take lessons from hers lol. all of you were great. I find it funny how most of them seem to be at least slightly emo - that can only lead to hijinks :animesmil [/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition][COLOR=Navy']Is there a limit to the number of posts we can make a day?[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]Not necessarily, but I don't want you to go too wild. for instance, if every 3rd post is yours it will get annoying fast, mainly because you won't be moving at the same pace as others. For instance, right now everyone's just leaveing their rooms - I don't want you to already be in the cafeteria when they're just stepping into the hall.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta'] I find it funny how indiff's char seems better at being homeless than Wet's. His needs to take lessons from hers lol. [/COLOR][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]
It's not my fault Levon's a spoiled hobo... I guess some homeless people just get all the luck, eh? He occasionally slept in a bed (although the last time he slept in a bed, it's former occupants hadn't been doin' much sleeping, if ya know what I'm saying... it was like lyin' in glue) and even once found a whole pizza in a garbage can, no rats or anything!

Anyway, let's hope this RP gets going smoothly and quickly, because I'm definitely curious as to who this 'Guest One' is. (What? Already been done? Damn!) Let's lock and roll![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Wet Cement][COLOR=DarkOrange]
Anyway, let's hope this RP gets going smoothly and quickly, because I'm definitely curious as to who this 'Guest One' is. (What? Already been done? Damn!) Let's lock and roll![/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Magenta]>_> I don't know what country yall are from, but here in America, that is a q XD

Anyway, I too would like it to move fast, but I want to be sure everyone is settled in before I start things up for serious. One I get a post from everyone (or more than one from some I guess) I'll get the ball rolling so to speak. Also, that girl who I brought up in my opening post - if you want to use her I reccommend it. Makes it so you'll be able to get help without having to find me.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta']I find it funny how most of them seem to be at least slightly emo - that can only lead to hijinks :animesmil [/COLOR][/quote]

Don't worry, that will change with Chloe... She's the exact opposite. Anyway, I'm surprised that the thread was put up already, but I must say DB, nice job of intriguing me. There's nothing I hate more than an RP that provides no story... And even though you only hinted at a story, it still makes it interesting enough to post. I'll do that tomorrow, I assume. Maybe later tonight. (Like around midnight, which would actually still be considered tomorrow, so whatever)

[COLOR=Indigo][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta']I find it funny how indiff's char seems better at being homeless than Wet's. His needs to take lessons from hers lol. all of you were great. I find it funny how most of them seem to be at least slightly emo - that can only lead to hijinks :animesmil [/COLOR][/quote]Heh, well I do have a lot of fictional as well as real life examples to use. Trust me, there are more quirks to her personality that'll come out as things progress. As for being slightly emo. Feh, that's really not a term I'm into since that became a thing after I was no longer a teenager. You'd have to actually tell me how she's slightly emo since I made no attempt to make her like that. lol

Anyway...just a note for the other players with characters who can read minds, hear thoughts, etc. Vanyel can keep people out so any thoughts heard won't be hers. For the simple reason she keeps people out as well as keeping herself in. She figured out how to essentially shield her mind. However, for someone like Joe, if he can use telepathy, her 'shield' is far from perfect so I would imagine he could hear her if he really wanted to. Just wanted to be clear on that. Also, it goes both ways, she won't be hearing the other student's thoughts either. That only happens when she's really stressed.

Anyway...should be interesting once we get going. Especially with how wacky you can be DB.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=blue]o_O I've been watching a great deal of Sailor Moon in Japanese with English subtitles lately, so that'll probably end up in there somewhere... as will anything I watch. If she takes on a Gilmore-Girl kind of attitude, don't be surprised. I love that effing show. My character is very multiple-personality-disorder-esque. (BTW, there's more than one kind of schizo, so if I refer to it and it doesn't make sense, ask me.) ^_^; I really should go to bed now, seeing as it's 2:39 am... but I really don't feel like it. I'm still watching Sailor Moon...[/size][/color]

[quote name='Darren']Looks like everyone's posted, DB! Now 'tis time to start the fun!!![/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]No need to be too hasty! I want to make sure I understand all of your characters to an extent before I pull them all into an action sequence. In any event, I used this opportunity to fully excentuate my intention for this rp. Now that all of us are on the same page, I'm going to let a little more adventure happen before I curve us all into an oddity. Perhaps you'l meet new people, maybe meet each other, get yourself scheduled to a class or club, start making friends, or just observe some of the crazy stuff going on outside. C'mon... mingle![/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']No need to be too hasty! I want to make sure I understand all of your characters to an extent before I pull them all into an action sequence. In any event, I used this opportunity to fully excentuate my intention for this rp. Now that all of us are on the same page, I'm going to let a little more adventure happen before I curve us all into an oddity. Perhaps you'l meet new people, maybe meet each other, get yourself scheduled to a class or club, start making friends, or just observe some of the crazy stuff going on outside. C'mon... mingle![/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=navy]See, it's more of a socializing project than an RP! :p

Finally, I've been waiting to post something![/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]great posts all arounf guys! You guys have tried making Joe meaner it seems, lol. It won't work, though, since he's incapable of hatred :p annoyed as he always seems, he is insanely level-tempered, which is why everyone comes to him. In any event, I know you all now i'd wager - I'm about ready to kick this joint off. expect a post tonight (and if you're reading this tommorrow, it's already up XD)[/COLOR]