OtakuBoards

Esper Jam Underground [PG]

2010DigitalBoy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Magenta]im pretty sure I was ralying to [i]not[/i] raise the rating. Whatever. Anyway, sprry I didn't post this morning I hadn't slept in 36 hours so I crashed spectacularly, and now I'm all groggy from falling asleep in the shower for 45 minutes :animecry:

Edit: I'm glad to see that you guys have tapped into some of the obvious mysteries of esper hall (especially you indiff) namely A. why iis everything so small from the outside, and B. who the hell is paying for all this? The second one having it's own mystery behind it.

I can't help but feel like if Hogwarts were a college, it's be like this XD[/COLOR]

[size=1]By the way, with the whole "sex thing", my character only seems like a horn-dog until she actually starts dating someone. There will be thoughts, but trust me, there won't be described details. I didn't have lesbee smex fest in mind when I signed up. >> Haha.

For future reference, sorry if I seem absent a lot. I am mainly away from the computer due to work. But, I'll usually post something at night, or early morning. I'm making the effort here. :)[/size]

[COLOR=Indigo][QUOTE=Premonition][COLOR=Navy]Over AIM DB gave me a lcteure on how Nomura and Ace are my slaves, but I'm slaves of DB, Fyxe and Indiff. I just wanted to dance. I was [B]soooo[/B] happy.

[CENTER][B](>O_o)> <(O_o)> <(o_O<)[/B] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]Tis me dancin[/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Somebody shoot me please...
[QUOTE=Darren]The older ones don't need to write about it in order to satisfy themslelves... This is for obvious reasons.

It's an overload of several bad things at once, and after being in the Maze and the Panopticon back-to-back, I've had my fair share of literary sex for quite some time.
.[/QUOTE]Exactly. And though the Maze was interesting as well as the Panopticon, I have no interest in turning this into a playground for hormonal teenagers. But then DB's already made it clear that this is not going to happen.

Besides a quick look at Silver One will tell you that I like doing RPG's that don't have graphic sex in them as well. Even though my character is one sick bastard in that RPG, it's amazing what you can do with implications and hints. Personally I find that method more fun.[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta]iEdit: I'm glad to see that you guys have tapped into some of the obvious mysteries of esper hall (especially you indiff) namely A. why iis everything so small from the outside, and B. who the hell is paying for all this? The second one having it's own mystery behind it.

I can't help but feel like if Hogwarts were a college, it's be like this XD[/COLOR][/QUOTE]I'm glad you liked that since I was hoping I would get to the library before anyone else did. I was planning from the very beginning to have the obviously huge library in a tiny room confuse the hell out of Vanyel. And it's only natural that she'd wonder who was paying for things.

That and I'm sure you can see that she's starting to think it's a good idea to stick around for a bit. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]****, guys, I know you were looking forward to my event, but I may or may not manage to get it done tonight. My grandma is pending the night and she'll be sleeping in the living room so I might not get to the computer too easily. There's a chance I can manage to get it done, but once more, it'll be either really late or sometime around 7 AM when she leaves. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Know what's sad? DB, Prem, Clurr, Wet Cement, and Fyxe are all younger than me. Indi is 11 years older than me. Jiazu is 4 years older than me. Darren is just barely older than me, by about a year. And yet, the ones going "Yes! Up the rating so there can be sex!" are the younger ones. o_O That's just a tad bit scary.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]
Hey, unfair. I don't want to up the rating to make room for descriptive sex/public masturbation scenes, I want it upped as a precaution to the unavoidable Postal-like rampage that one of our less stable characters is likely to embark on. Seriously, I don't want a mod on my case if my character decides to whip out a semi-auto and go to town on the library. I mean, not that my character intends to do it, or anything, just that uh... you can never be too careful.

Ok, so we've established that the RP will have graphic and totally, erm, unnecessary sex scenes. Now we've got to establish the classes a little more; we've got a few basics, like teleportation and divination but we really need some more nerdy classes. Like a sort of ESP-based A/V Club and a Mental Chess Team, know what I mean? In any event, I'll get another post up soon... enough.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Wet Cement][COLOR=DarkOrange]
Hey, unfair. I don't want to up the rating to make room for descriptive sex/public masturbation scenes, I want it upped as a precaution to the unavoidable Postal-like rampage that one of our less stable characters is likely to embark on. Seriously, I don't want a mod on my case if my character decides to whip out a semi-auto and go to town on the library. I mean, not that my character intends to do it, or anything, just that uh... you can never be too careful.

Ok, so we've established that the RP will have graphic and totally, erm, unnecessary sex scenes. Now we've got to establish the classes a little more; we've got a few basics, like teleportation and divination but we really need some more nerdy classes. Like a sort of ESP-based A/V Club and a Mental Chess Team, know what I mean? In any event, I'll get another post up soon... enough.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Magenta]WILL NOT HAVE SEX SCENES PERIOD. THAT's what we established. Please pay attention. I do NOT want to up the thread rating, for the sake of my players, my readers, and my intentions, and so help me if you think a gun will have effect on espers, you're sorely misguided to my intentions.[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo]Heh, that makes three now DB. You've gotta stop whatever it is you're doing to attract them. I mean [I]postal rampage[/I']? *laughs*[/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]well, Wet also happens to be one of my favorite posters thus far, so i'm not going to complain. His char has great personality. i think he was being sarcastic.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]and so help me if you think a gun will have effect on espers, you're sorely misguided to my intentions.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkOrange]
I figure a nut with a Deagle could do some decent damage before someone turned the gun into steam or transported the shooter to the moon or something. Not that I advocate that or anything, just sayin' that this RP seems so filled with angsty post-teens that such a thing would be practically unavoidable.

In any case, you could make that one of the events - an NPC shows up with a minor ESP power and a big gun and goes to town on the Hall and than have the 'chapter' be about how everyone reacts. Kind of thing you'd do later on in the RP when things start to stagnate. But I'm just thinking outloud... disregard it if that's not the direction you want to go in.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Wet Cement][COLOR=DarkOrange]
I figure a nut with a Deagle could do some decent damage before someone turned the gun into steam or transported the shooter to the moon or something. Not that I advocate that or anything, just sayin' that this RP seems so filled with angsty post-teens that such a thing would be practically unavoidable.

In any case, you could make that one of the events - an NPC shows up with a minor ESP power and a big gun and goes to town on the Hall and than have the 'chapter' be about how everyone reacts. Kind of thing you'd do later on in the RP when things start to stagnate. But I'm just thinking outloud... disregard it if that's not the direction you want to go in.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Magenta]meh, you're right about one thing, this thread is soaked in teen angst, and I actually based the story around that in a way. I HATE RPs where everyone is a teen with dark ambitions who cries all the time and stuff - so I decided to make this a bit of a social project. You see, I've taken your teen angst people and put them in an environment that is very adult, mature, and full of stable-minded people.

Espers need to have control and understanding to master their powers. that's why I said Joe was 'incapable of hate' - because he can understand the reasons people act the way they do - and that is the fbric of esper hall - everyone is held together by a general understanding. The reason all of you are new members to esper hall instead of being given the option otherwise is because this story is about the evolution of your characters from angsty teens into seasoned Espers.

So, while it is emo now, this isn't an emo rp - if anything it's a feel-good teen movie - like [B]the Breakfast club [/B] with superpowers and cartoonish over-the-top adventures. Oh, and it's long. There will be time skips and such.[/COLOR]

[size=1][color=blue]I apologize, Wet Cement, Fyxe, I was mostly aiming that at Prem... he seems to be getting a whole lot of negative things thrown at him, actually. I only meant those asking to up the rating were in that category, not that all in that category were requesting it. Really sorry if I offended anyone. V_V I don't mean to and I hate doing so. Forgive me? (You too, DB.)[/size][/color]

[quote name='Caoimhe][size=1][color=blue]I apologize, Wet Cement, Fyxe, I was mostly aiming that at Prem... he seems to be getting a whole lot of negative things thrown at him, actually. I only meant those asking to up the rating were in that category, not that all in that category were requesting it. Really sorry if I offended anyone. V_V I don't mean to and I hate doing so. Forgive me? (You too, DB.)[/size'][/color][/quote]

[COLOR=Magenta]XD don't worry about it. We make fun of Prem because we love him (well, i do, I think indiff just makes fun of him, lol) Anyway, as you can see, I managed to recapture the computer room, so I'll get to the post. huzzah![/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta']EDIT: Darren, I could hug you that post was so great! Also, is hells your brother or something?[/COLOR][/quote]
I don't know why I just noticed this... I'm not very observant, but thanks for the compliment. I was a bit worried after I made the class up since seeing and altering the future doesn't exactly fall under mind powers. (It borders Sorcery and Harry Potter stuff... I know I like Harry Potter, but that was something I definately was trying not to do)

And no, Hells is a friend from school who I introduced to OB when he saw me typing a post for the maze at school. My only brother is at boot camp right now probably getting yelled at. I hope he is... (unless he's asleep, which a very good possibility since it's midnight in California. *off topic*) Anyway, that's why Hells' first sign-up was for The Panopticon. :D

[COLOR=Indigo][quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta]well, Wet also happens to be one of my favorite posters thus far, so i'm not going to complain. His char has great personality. i think [B]he was being sarcastic[/B'].[/COLOR][/quote]As was I DB.
[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta']XD don't worry about it. We make fun of Prem because we love him (well, i do, I think indiff just makes fun of him, lol) Anyway, as you can see, I managed to recapture the computer room, so I'll get to the post. huzzah![/COLOR][/quote]I wouldn't go so far to say I love someone, but DB is right. Prem has been around for a while under different names Caoimhe. And unless Prem feels otherwise, most of what's been said was meant in fun. Just as my bit in my signature about DB is.

But my points about not upping the rating were serious since that sort of thing really does not interest me and the moment that changed, I'd be saying so long and moving on. And the idea of our characters going postal? I can't help but laugh since that is terribly cliched. So sarcastic or not (and online that's not as easy to determine if someone's serious or not) I'm just saying that would ruin the RPG in my opinion.

DB has already confirmed this, but this RPG never came across as one where the characters end up snapping and going nuts. DB was pretty clear in the sign ups: [quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta]Everything from rivalries, battles, relationships, the hardships of life and love, and the [B]ultimate mastery of the mind [/B']will be covered here.[/COLOR][/quote]It's all about growing up, which he also clarified just a few posts ago.

So if I think someone's tossing out an idea that looks like they missed how I perceived the RPG was intended to go, or that they weren't really reading DB's posts. You can bet I'm going to say something. Being a mod has nothing to do with it Wet Cement. That's the point of the underground thread, to work out what you want to see vs what you don't. And I'm saying, no stupid Columbine High soap opera scene or gaudy graphic sex scenes either. [[SIZE=1]and yes I know you've already agreed to these points DB I'm just clarifying that having an opinion on it has nothing to do with being a mod[/SIZE]]

That and if someone's going to use icon's indicating they are with stupid and point them in my direction, or make any other silly assumptions as to my intentions, it makes them fair game for similar treatment. ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Magenta]oh, also, i'm making my big story post right now, so please don't post for a bit ^^;;

EDIT: And there you go! sorry it came out so long, guess I got out of hand ^^;; Darren, i hope you don't mind me using your character so much, but I think I got her personality right, and she's perfect for these situations. Anyway, I now introduce Liam, the crappy old man who wants your characters to join his side. As stated in the term list, there is a faction that follows his ways, and they are basically always trying to recruit new people to their side. I had the characters leave without saying anything, since I figure you want them to formulate their own opinions of the old man (though i see hate being the biggest emotion XD)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]My previous post was edited DB for clarity. Anyway...

Also, in regards to the thoughts about characters being emo... Vanyel isn't. There's nothing emo about her. She's not messed up or whacked out due to teenage angst, she's whacked out due to all the negative experiences she had from being homeless. There's a big difference. She may seem to appear to be emo, but she's far from it.

She doesn't suffer from some silly notion that her suffering is more than it really is. Her suffering is real. She doesn't consider herself misunderstood or repressed. At least not in the same way someone who has everything they could ever want would.[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta'] And there you go! sorry it came out so long, guess I got out of hand ^^;; Darren, i hope you don't mind me using your character so much, but I think I got her personality right, and she's perfect for these situations. Anyway, I now introduce Liam, the crappy old man who wants your characters to join his side. As stated in the term list, there is a faction that follows his ways, and they are basically always trying to recruit new people to their side. I had the characters leave without saying anything, since I figure you want them to formulate their own opinions of the old man (though i see hate being the biggest emotion XD)[/COLOR][/quote]The post was fine. And a bit interesting as well since I wasn't sure what to expect from you. ;) Though I can say that hate isn't going to be what Vanyel's thinking. lol That sort of thing would freak her out, not make her angry. I'll probably wait until a few others post, but her reaction will be quite different than the others. At least I'm thinking it will be. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Ok... social interaction should never be so awkward, but my latest post is up. I decided to not really mention Liam or his plans (or whatever they are), because honestly Levon just isn't interested. Apathy got him this far in life, figures it'll get him the rest of the way. For the sake of the story, I suppose he'll have to be forced into either side of the conflict (if that's even what it is), but for now he's not picking sides.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Darren]2 words: Raging hormones...

[B]Edit:[/B] However, let's not forget HellsMinion. He's willing to up the rating as well, but he's older than I am... So, you know, it's not just the young ones. But I suppose there has to be a balance somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I want the higher rating for more graphic battles really, when I think of mature ratings I think large amounts of blood and guts kind of stuff. I don't really care about the sex thing, if its there I will either read it or skip it. Like the penopticon I usually just skiped over the sex in it.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta']XD don't worry about it. We make fun of Prem because we love him (well, i do, I think indiff just makes fun of him, lol) Anyway, as you can see, I managed to recapture the computer room, so I'll get to the post. huzzah![/COLOR][/quote]

[B][COLOR=Navy]Aww... <3[/B]

Ahem. yeah, I think indiff just loves to make fun of me! :p Hope you don't mind me breaking in another NPC DB. My char needs friends, so that's why I did it. Plus I want it so Tommy's power goes to far and monsters start to attack him. I mean it's plausable that his powers can get uncontrolable.

[B]Indiff: Yup, it was for fun.[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=Magenta]oi. Prem, I think you should ally your character with hells. Bringing in too many NPCs could get confusing - try making friends with other players instead. i think you and Dante would get along best.

Also, just to show off....

[quote=me talking to indiff]heh, well, I had to think on my toes. The biggest difficulty is that I wanted there to be some kind of event. The event had to involve all 9 characters in some way. Now, if it was something that was effecting all of Esper Hall, there would be plenty of other Espers ready to take on the threat. It also couldn't be some kind of training, since esper hall isn't supposed to force things on you. I thought about taking the 9 characters away in some fashion, but since I'd already told you all to sing up for classes, and some people had, it couldn't impede on those clases. In the end, I thought that since chloe was having a class right then, I could use it to my advantage.

Origionally my plan was a lot more trippy, but them when I'd gotten to the point where I'd decided how clairvoyance would work, I figured out how Joe would fall into place in leading us into the next part. it was then i thought to use the crappy olf man.

Initially I thought he might give a speech - but then I doubted all of the characters woudl have sttod for that. I didn't want to impede on characterization. I got him done before they were done being surprised, and had chloe cut in just before things would have gotten out-of-hand.

Yo ucan thank my ingenious writing skills for making it all come together XD[/quote][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]This is pretty much my first time RPing in a forum (and my first time RPing in an incredibly long time), so I'm afraid I'm not very/any good at it. I would love to mingle with the other characters, but I just HAD to make Julian antisocial. I guess I'm kind of hesitant to have any kind of encounter at all since they're not my own characters.

If anyone wants to speak to him, please do. :P

And as for him being straight...that's a good one. xD[/FONT]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=Magenta]oi. Prem, I think you should ally your character with hells. Bringing in too many NPCs could get confusing - try making friends with other players instead. i think you and Dante would get along best.

Also, just to show off....

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Navy]Don't worry DB, I don't plan on having any more NPC's. I just want Chocolate and Miri, that's all.[/COLOR]