OtakuBoards

Esper Jam Underground [PG]

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Stephanie'][color=indigo]I am so confused right now it's not funny. I thought there were 11 of us? And even if Wet Cement isn't playing right now, that would still mean 10. So why does everyone keep saying 9? I have a feeling I am so turned around and wrong on this it isn't funny, but I am so confused.[/color][/QUOTE]Uh, it's simple math really, I'm saying nine since Liam is not counting Tasha since he's actually talking to her. He's saying that in addition to her there are nine more. [quote name='indifference][color=indigo][size=1]I brought you here because you like nine of the other new arrivals posses great potential. [/color][/size][/quote][QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR="goldenrod"]"[B]There are nine others here as well, all new to Esper Hall like yourself. [/B']" [/COLOR][/quote]Think about it. Wet_Cements character is not there. Liam is saying there are nine more besides you. Get it? He's telling both Vanyel and Tasha that there are nine more people there for a total of ten.

[B]EDIT: [/B]Think of it this way, someone comes to your home and asks about your family. You'll say in addition to me there is [insert this many people] You don't include yourself in that number since you are right there. [/COLOR]

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Magenta"]Oi. I know I haven't been keeping up with this, and I haven't gotten to making the story progress very much at all... mostly because i really had no plan going into this >_< My prospects were rather unfounded... anyway, i feel like my last story post was kind of like shirking my duties since i just moved everyone and didn't really tell you what to do.

I am going on very temporary hiatus. Basically, i'll continue the story when I can get around to it, but right now I am utterly lacking in creativity, and my head is in a whole different place right now. As soon as my muse comes back, I'm going to make a map of exactly what I'm going to do with this game's direction up to the final chapter so that from then on I can manage it well, which is what a group of talented rpers such as yourself deserve. it's unfair for me to keep stalling and making you post filler >_>[/COLOR]

I think it may be a good idea for me, too. I'm feeling kind of sick and we think there's a bug going around. I also start school back in two weeks, so I'm preparing for that. Just, you know, tap me when you think you're gonna start it back up.

[COLOR="Magenta"]At Takuya's offer I will be handing control of this rp over to him until I am off hiatus. I haven't really given him any kind of framework, so whatever happens is purely his ideas. I'll come back sometime when I can, but until then, Liam belongs to anyone who feels like writing him in. I'd like to request Joe not yet be freed though, since I do have plans for him. cheerio.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Sounds good to me. ^_^ I was feeling pretty bummed that it stopped. :animesigh Since I barely even got started. Heh. So just let me know what to do next, provided the rest of you want to continue too. *pokes indifference* [/COLOR]

Okay, so DB didn't tell me crap even about why we're at Stonehenge, so I'm trying to figure something out based on what little information I do have. I've got a basic idea at the moment, but I'm still putting it together. I've provided an activity for our characters while I'm figuring this out. We're all in Stonehenge, attempting to learn the shield ability Liam mentioned. If you want to post, use that as the framework, but don't feel like you're restricted to it. Feel free to have character interactions and whatnot. I'll post again as soon as I've got things figured out.

[COLOR="Indigo"]I would imagine that since Liam told Joe when he imprisoned him in that alternate reality: [I]rumor has it? that a mage can live for eternity.[/I] That Liam's objective is to use the new students abilities to help him gain immortality. And I also would surmise that he chose the students since no one else at Esper Hall is going to help him achieve that goal. Plus they lack the ability to stop Liam from bringing them there against their will.

Though the method Liam intends to use at Stonehenge for gaining immortality is a mystery. And since DB put himself on hiatus I'm assuming he wasn't sure how to go about it either. Also, besides Aaryanna and you Takuya/GuyYouMetOnline who else is interested in continuing this rp? So long as someone has an idea of where to go with it I'm game to keep being a part of it.[/COLOR]

Well, Indifference, what you just said is basically everything DB told me. He said a couple things about why Liam would need us, but he was pretty vauge. It was enough for me to use, though, and I've basically decided what I'm going to do. I've just got to get the details ironed out, and there's still something I may or may not do (and no, I won't tell you what), but if people are still interested in continuing this RPG, I'll post in a couple days or so. Oh, and those of you who aren't sure if you want to continue or not, well, let me tell you that what I plan to have happen is going to have some... interesting effects.

See, that's why you're having problems. You get your ideas and act on them before you know what you're going to do with them. You don't have to have a detailed plan for the story, but it's generally a good idea to at least have a general idea of where it's going. Well, don't worry. I can handle things while you're on hiatus.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Just to be clear GuyYouMetOnline, the interaction between my character and Aaryanna's is [I]before[/I] Hells dragged everyone into the cave. :animesigh Since I don't intend to skip over that exercise to stay in synch. And I find it unlikely that Tasha or Vanyel would wait several hours to give it a try.

And Hell's could you please try to avoid writing what the other characters are doing? It's annoying when someone moves them elsewhere as well as advancing the story by several hours without warning. And before anyone says anything about what I did with Aaryanna's character, the two of us discussed that in advance. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Meh, I just realized that I didn't really explain what I meant by one grounding and centering their shields. It's simple really, someone who has a talent essentially finds the center focal point for that within their own mind. They then build their shields up from that point. The result is a much tighter shield, better control and more importantly, when attacked that 'grounding' acts a lot like a lightening rod would. Diverting part of the actual attack away from it's intended target.

Hope that makes sense. If not just say so and I'll try to clarify more. Though you'll probably get it Stephanie since the concept is similar to what is done in Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series. XP But still the whole idea indifference and I had was that Vanyel didn't know how to properly build a shield in the first place which is why she had trouble figuring out how to lower it. She had simply built a wall without any foundation so to speak. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Magenta"]Well, Takuya has planned out the stretch of this arc, and then I've planned out where to go from there, so this rp will live long and prosper :catgirl: I don't know if he's working on it now or if he's waiting for me to progress it, but the action should start shortly :animesmil

Despite it's length, this rp has mostly been fondling with introductions and stuff so far, so after this arc I'd like things to really 'get started' so to speak. If you've been having fun already, then you're sure to enjoy what the future has in store ;)

*pets muse* you adorable little hellion![/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="Magenta"]Well, Takuya has planned out the stretch of this arc, and then I've planned out where to go from there, so this rp will live long and prosper :catgirl: I don't know if he's working on it now or if he's waiting for me to progress it, but the action should start shortly :animesmil

Despite it's length, this rp has mostly been fondling with introductions and stuff so far, so after this arc I'd like things to really 'get started' so to speak. If you've been having fun already, then you're sure to enjoy what the future has in store ;)

*pets muse* you adorable little hellion![/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]
Does that mean that our little ol' creator is getting back in action?[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]
Does that mean that our little ol' creator is getting back in action?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Magenta"]Yes, it is. I am not sure when Takuya's plan will come into action, or how he plans to span it out, so it could be a while or a couple days before I return to the reigns. After that, though, it should be smooth sailin' :cool:

The reason I'm announcing this is because I also have another rp in the process of being created, and I didn't want you all to think I'd abandoned you :catgirl: I fully intend to see this rp through to the... well, if there ever is an end, than to the end.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Navy"]I've also seen an improvement in your atitude. Much more giddy to say the least. It seems that both of our muse's are back I guess. I just finished the first poem in about a month so I'm happy. And another RP?! Your sure making this place fun that's for sure![/COLOR]

I should have a post up tomorrow. I'll be in control for the remainder of chapter 2, and maybe the start of chapter 3, depending on when the chapter break occurs, then I'll pass control back to DB. Shouldn't take too long. Depending on how active everyone is, it'll probably be just a week or two until DB is back in control.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="Magenta"]*pets muse* you adorable little hellion![/COLOR][/QUOTE]If it's your muse, then it's no question that it's a [I]'little helliion[/I]' lol

But beyond that, other than Takuya/GuyYouMetOnline, Aaryanna, Prem, Hells and you and myself DB, no one else has indicated if they still wish to continue. So what about it Clurr, Fyxe, Stephanie, Wet Cement, Jiazu and Darren?

I know this isn't my rp, but seriously that's a lot of players who still haven't indicated if they are still interested or not. Or rather they haven't here, but if they have in a pm, I'd like to know since it seems like we're missing half of the entire cast here. Though knowing you DB, you'll just ruthlessly get rid of those who have lost interest. :p If that is indeed the case.[/COLOR]