OtakuBoards

Esper Jam Underground [PG]

2010DigitalBoy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Magenta"]yes, soon as I'm done checking the buhmillion things I need checked and rereading the last few posts I'll get started on getting moving. It appears that a couple people don't really intend to move on, so I guess I'll be leaving a couple people behind :animesigh I will keep Squiggs though since she sems intent on continuing.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Heh, at least you are back. ^_~ I was beginning to wonder what happened. lol The idea of you staying away from the Internet willingly just didn't fit! Anyway, I'm definately ready to get this show on the road. After all I'm very curious about the phenomena that took Joe's mind as well as the minds of other espers. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Heh, at least you are back. ^_~ I was beginning to wonder what happened. lol The idea of you staying away from the Internet willingly just didn't fit! Anyway, I'm definately ready to get this show on the road. After all I'm very curious about the phenomena that took Joe's mind as well as the minds of other espers. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Magenta"]yeah, dun worry, I'll get to it soon. My new router is a little weird and yestersay stopped working half the day, but I think we've fixed it, so I should be back to work by tonight. Once more, I'm sorry this story has seen soooo many delays on my part, but like I said before I hope to pick it up a lot with the coming pieces in [B]Yatahaze[/B]. The theme of the chapter is 'change' and hopefully I will represent it well. So far I've felt this story has been very Harry Potter-but-older with it's focus on characters lives and minor dabbling in the psychological. I'm destroying that this chapter, and it will be far more direct. The psychological, psysical, and communication facets of the story should all come together directly and it will probably more dramatic as well as intense and entertaining.[/COLOR]

Well, I think I made a good start with the fact that a planet twice Earth's size would have twice Earth's gravity, something you, DB, may not even have thought of when you said the place was twice as big as Earth. I can think of a lot of directions to take the thing from there. But everyone, don't think you have to let me do this my way. This RPG is pretty free-form right now, so as long as nobody completely contradicts something someone else has said, go ahead and take this in whatever direction you want to. Oh, and I don't think there's anything wrong with saying that something another character said is wrong, as long as you don't do it to steal that plotline from someone else. I've done free-form before, and rule number one is that you can make a plot thread yours, but no matter what you do, never, ever just steal another's plot thread. Sorry if I seem overly concerned about this, but I've seen RPGs ruined by 'plot thread theft', and I don't want that to happen to this one. I'm enjoying it too much.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Perhaps the two of you could clarify what you mean by 'plot theft' I believe I understand what you two are getting at, but honestly, the only issue I've ever had with an rpg is loss of interest by the other players. Please give me a clear example of what you two are talking about here. I'm sure it's fairly obvious but I wish to be certain I understand what both of you mean.

My thought is you're indicating another player shouldn't come up with a different theory to essentially take over or displace what's already been speculated about the nature of the strange world, but instead should add something different that works with what you already stated GuyYouMetOnline. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'll use an example of what Fandom kept doing in Prem's rp he had a while ago...

Every time we tried to form the plot, he had to go and change it to follow whatever he wanted so whatever we did was meaningless. For example, I might have set the stage for what our characters were going to do and then started in that direction, but then he totally destroys that plan and sends the characters off doing something else.

Plot theft is when someone rather than adding to the going story or twisting it in a way that makes sense, finds some way to change plans before they are ever initiated fully. It's like when you have 6 people tied up and five start running one way, only for the sixth to turn and pull them all down, telling them to go in a different direction.

>_> <_< *writes that down* kickass....[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I see. That would be irritating. But then like I said, the only issue I've had is loss of interest by other players, or their schedule got too busy for them to have time to post, or the creator of the rpg disappearing. I've never had others outright step on my toes in that manner. I'm use to working with people who tend to work together pretty well and for those times when we are a bit off we just make use of the edit button.

Sounds like god modding if you ask me, attempting to control the rp without regard to what the others have done. It's time consuming to write up a post, so doing whatever you want like that is rude. Unless someone accidentally contradicts what you did and even then that usually only requires an edit to fix it. Anyway, it's late for me so I'll get a post in after I've gotten some sleep.

Oh yeah, I guess what you are talking about is the same as some of the tasteless kill everyone off posts that popped up in FQFG that violated the thread rating as well. But then the response to that was to simply delete the posts in question instead of letting the plot be altered so drastically. lol[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'll use an example of what Fandom kept doing in Prem's rp he had a while ago...

Every time we tried to form the plot, he had to go and change it to follow whatever he wanted so whatever we did was meaningless. For example, I might have set the stage for what our characters were going to do and then started in that direction, but then he totally destroys that plan and sends the characters off doing something else.

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Yup, it's true, never trust a fandom. If Inuyasha_fandom ever signs-up for one of my RP's -even if it's the best sign-up ever- I'm not letting him in. The RP was going well until he decided to implant [B]"RPoetic doom" [/B]unto us all. DB was there, he knows of the carnage wrought by 'plot theft.'

But thankfully, DB's style helps filter out unneeded RPG 'raping.' If you get what I mean.

[B]EDIT:[/B] It looks like Squiggles is goen... for good! That really sucks, she was a pretty cool cat I must say. I guess I'm the only non-NPC player in group 4 then. I just hope this RP will stay active, but I don't think it will die anytime soon.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm glad you asked indifference since I was wondering what people meant too. XP Sounds like god modding if you ask me or like those stupid posts in FQFG. It's sooo much fun to have someone out of nowhere kill your character off! [/sarcasm]

Seriously though if that happened here DB all you have to do is ask indifference to remove the post if the player won't. That's what she did in FQFG at Shy's request. She deleted the stupid posts and we got back on track with the real plot.

Anyway, regardless, looks like the next bit is going to be fun! :catgirl: Lots of room to be creative which considering that we are all off in separate groups seems pretty easy to do without stepping on other people's toes so to speak. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Just a heads up DB, I haven't lost interest, but I've got a sinus infection that has my head feeling like it's going to fall off as well as making it hard to think straight. I figure I'll be back at it once the meds the doctor gave me earlier today have had a chance to work. I figure that will take a couple of days. Anyway, just thought you'd like to know. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]That has to suck. >_< I hope you feel better soon. When you get back, let me know if I got any of that wrong. I'm pretty sure I understood what you were getting at with your pm about what Vanyel was experiencing. :catgirl:

Anyway, as you can see indifference suggested to me that Vanyel was thinking that by being seperated from their bodies and exposed to the energy field, the Esper's who were taken were confused by it, that they don't realize what's going on.

So essentially once someone is found by putting a psychic shield around them they'll realize where they are or rather that it's not a dream, etc. If you don't like that idea DB we can always have it be something else. Also, even if they do realize it, they'll probably still need help to get back. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]So... okay, [B]Darren's [/B]profile says he's been on today, so I know it's not like he's gone, and yet he and [B]Hells [/B]haven't posted yet... [B]Stephanie [/B]has apparently left the boards alltogether, and I haven't seen Jiazu around even though he said he wanted to continue.

[B]Prem [/B]hasn't posted yet, but he told me 'ill have it today, if not, you can kick me out or whatever.'

So... I know [B]Aaryana[/B], [B]Indifference[/B], and [B]GuyYouMetOnline [/B]are al still interested and Prem seems to want to continue. Should I just narrow it down to the five of us or what? I've been setting things up for a large group of players, but if we're down to five dudes, I want to know if I should work things in that direaction.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]If you want to pm them and see if they intend to post, that works for me, otherwise, if we end up with just five I'm still game. It's kind of sad to lose others but I'm still enjoying it just the same. And since it's sort of a community format with Esper Jam, losing people makes sense, they just end up doing other things once they become a part of Esper Hall. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]If you want to pm them and see if they intend to post, that works for me, otherwise, if we end up with just five I'm still game. It's kind of sad to lose others but I'm still enjoying it just the same. And since it's sort of a community format with Esper Jam, losing people makes sense, they just end up doing other things once they become a part of Esper Hall. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That's kind of what I figure happened to the other guys, but for the ones already on this journey we'll just have to ignore them i guess. Or I could have them get eaten by dinosaurs. I really, really want someone to get eaten by a dinosaur. I.E. don't get too attached to all of those NPCs XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]That's kind of what I figure happened to the other guys, but for the ones already on this journey we'll just have to ignore them i guess. Or I could have them get eaten by dinosaurs. I really, really want someone to get eaten by a dinosaur. I.E. don't get too attached to all of those NPCs XD[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Mwahahahaha! If I'd known that.... Someone would have already died. XP Seriously, I was expecting people to end up either dead or stuck on that world at the end of this chapter. I just thought you would be doing that.

*starts plotting which NPC to do in* lol[/FONT][/COLOR]