OtakuBoards

Favorite Video Game Villains

Aberinkula

1. Nrvnqsr Chaos from the Melty Blood/Tsukihime series. Maybe he was just a side-villain, but still hilarious nonetheless. I mean, animals come out from his body. His name is surprisingly pronounced "Nero". And he looks like a wrinkly old shady man, and I don't believe he's wearing any other clothes besides his trenchcoat (Thank shadows, right?).

2. Warakia from the Melty Blood series. Insane floating vampire. Screams out "CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT!" in an super awesome voice.

3. Dist the Reaper/Rose from Tales of the Abyss. [url=http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/9683/distunused4ls7.png]How is this villain NOT awesome[/url]. Plus he loves technology, sits in a floating chair, and makes drilling machines.

4. Salazar from Resident Evil 4. I don't know why, I like him so much. His accent and his constant "Mr. Kennedy...*insert bad puns here*". Plus he's so small. If he wasn't so old-looking, he could be a loli-shota D:

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of my other favorite villains though. Can't remember them right at thie moment.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=darkred]Two of my favourite villains, Wesker and Alexia, come from the Resident Evil series. I like the sense of enigma that each character has, like finding out that for the early stages of the game [spoiler]Albert is actually Alexia, and just dresses up like her[/spoiler]. It makes you wonder who the hell Alexia really is. The same goes for Wesker (as in, Resident Evil 1 Wesker), you just know he's up to something from the moment [spoiler]he disappears after finding the blood on the floor in the dining room[/spoiler]. And then there are those encounters with him in the later stages of the game. I also really like how his character plays a big part of the Resident Evil storyline as a whole. It's really cool how that one character all the way back from 1996 has managed to shape the Resident Evil history.[/color]

[SIZE="1"]Been meaning to post in this for a while.

[b]The Boss [MGS3]:[/b] OK, so technically she's not a villain in reality, but you have to admit, all that time you did think she'd turned she was an awesome villain and easily the coolest out of the Cobra Unit and all the other enemies you fought in the came. Ocelot included.

[b]Jack of Blades [Fable]:[/b] I kind of see Jack as the Darth Vader of Fable, immensely evil and powerful, but at the same time oddly charming and even non-threatening towards the player character on their meetings. Given his status in the game as well, as an almost hero of the people makes him an even more interesting character.

[b]Kane [Command & Conquer series]:[/b] Any villain who believes in his own mythology that much is cool in my mind, not even including his rhetoric and alien hybrid technology.

[b]Darth Sion [KOTOR II]:[/b] So he was a walking corpse who's tendency for self-conversation reminded me of Gollum, his backstory and motivations for the game, aside from ?WIPE OUT THE JEDI? made him cool in my mind. Malak was just too obvious, Nihilus despite looking awesome didn?t have enough development and as for Traya... well if I?d had a lightsaber and the option early enough she wouldn?t have been an issue.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Endymion'][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]Sarah Kerrigan, the Queen of Blades, from Starcraft is probably the best video game villain. Can't wait to see why kind of mayhem she causes in the sequel.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]Hey Endymion, in future could you put more to a post if necessary. At least state why you like that character, even if it's only for a couple of words.[/color]

I'm loving how the thread is four pages in, and practically everybody are avoiding to utter the One Name Over Them All.

Yes, the Almighty One-Winged Angel, the Secret Daydream of all Gamer Boys, the Epitome of the Power of Evil, the Ultimate Mommy's Boy: [B]Sephiroth[/B].

I don't know if he's all that great by his own merits, but as part of the superb plot of Final Fantasy VII, he's definitely the most memorable villain in the whole history of videogaming. That's [I]exactly[/I] why no-one wants to mention him; he's sort of a given by now, and everyone hates him for that. ;P

As for my personal favorite among villains in videogames, I still owe my heart to [B]Edea[/B] from Final Fantasy VIII. There should be more of her ilk; beautiful but corrupt sorceresses forcing all countries under her control by a flick of a finger. Sure, the plot became quite messed up by the end, but for the parts featuring Edea, I loved every second! And she was temporarily playable, as well! XD <3

I was waiting for someone to say 'Sephiroth', but I'm amazed that no one did till now. XD But anyways, on topic...

First off, are 'bad guys' the ones the main character goes up against? Or are they the ones that want to take over/destroy the world or something like that? Do they want revenge? Specifyingif they are a villian or not really makes the whole 'bad guy' perspective thing a totally different story...but again, to the topic:

[U]Kratos : [B]God of War/God of War 2[/B][/U]
Come on people. He ruthlessly kills any innocent that gets in his path, that blocks his way forward to his objectives, or anyone that makes him angry. He even defys the Greek gods and kills a few (not to mention some major mythical beings). Let me see...he kills Ares, Medusa, Athena, the Sisters of Fate, the Kraken, Euryale, Cerberus, Theseus, Perseus, Clotho, and he completely beats Zeus. Now by logic of a villian being ruthless and a killer, Kratos would be considered. And yes, he is so kick*** that he CAN beat Sephiroth...well, at least once.

Thats the only one I can think of at the moment.

[quote name='Sandy']I'm loving how the thread is four pages in, and practically everybody are avoiding to utter the One Name Over Them All.

Yes, the Almighty One-Winged Angel, the Secret Daydream of all Gamer Boys, the Epitome of the Power of Evil, the Ultimate Mommy's Boy: [B]Sephiroth[/B].[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]No way !!! Sephiroth was cool, but he'd get utterly pwned by the true ultimate videogame villain and all-time screen legend: [B]Darth Vader[/b]. Seriously, let Sephy call his meteor and watch Vader annihilate it with the either the Force or a Death Star.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Sandy']As for my personal favorite among villains in videogames, I still owe my heart to [B]Edea[/B] from Final Fantasy VIII. There should be more of her ilk; beautiful but corrupt sorceresses forcing all countries under her control by a flick of a finger. Sure, the plot became quite messed up by the end, but for the parts featuring Edea, I loved every second! And she was temporarily playable, as well! XD <3[/QUOTE]

Oh, I remember her. *hasn't played Final Fantasy VIII since it came out* I was really happy when I got to use her in my party. I don't know why though. Probably because of what you said.

Speaking of which...

I also forgot to mention Fujin from Final Fantasy VIII(?) I remember she was my all-time favorite character when I played that game. Specific reasons? Again, I forgot because I played this when I was seven or something. Whenever it came out =3 But as a guess, I think it was because she's my favorite type of character. A cool, light-colored short haired, and concise person.

I remember the first day I played Kingdom Hearts 2, I saw her and told myself, "She's going to be my favorite character in this game." At first, I thought she was a KH2 original (because I had forgotten about FFVIII), but when I looked up some reference pictures of her, everything came back to me. So she did end up being my favorite character in KH2, even though she only shows up for a few scenes and says like, two lines.

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="Magenta"][B]Jack of Blades[/B] (Fable)- Extremey evil and powerful, and a legendary hero, er, villian, used to scare children into obeying their parents. When you first encounter him, he seems non-threatening and charming, yet despicable at the same time, you dont really know what to make of him. Plus his mask was uber kewl.

[B]Krauser[/B] (RE4)- BEST. ANTAGONIST. EVAR. The part of the game when you fight him was the most fun part of RE4. The knife fight scene was easily one of the best cutscenes Ive ever seen, if you can call it a cutscene.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']I'm loving how the thread is four pages in, and practically everybody are avoiding to utter the One Name Over Them All.

Yes, the Almighty One-Winged Angel, the Secret Daydream of all Gamer Boys, the Epitome of the Power of Evil, the Ultimate Mommy's Boy: [B]Sephiroth[/B].

I don't know if he's all that great by his own merits, but as part of the superb plot of Final Fantasy VII, he's definitely the most memorable villain in the whole history of videogaming. That's [I]exactly[/I] why no-one wants to mention him; he's sort of a given by now, and everyone hates him for that. ;P

As for my personal favorite among villains in videogames, I still owe my heart to [B]Edea[/B] from Final Fantasy VIII. There should be more of her ilk; beautiful but corrupt sorceresses forcing all countries under her control by a flick of a finger. Sure, the plot became quite messed up by the end, but for the parts featuring Edea, I loved every second! And she was temporarily playable, as well! XD <3[/QUOTE]

The thing is, I've never played FFVII.

STOP THROWING STUFF AT ME!

I'm still trying to complete number III on DS. seven's plot, gameplay system, and characters have made it so many fanboys who think that Cloud is "T3H 1337" that I've never been able to fully enjoy a chance to play. Of course, my opinion will surely change once I've either gotten a PS2 or seen Advent Children. About all I know about the game is Cloud is emo, Sephiroth's batcrap loco, and Cait Sith is reminiscent of Jar-Jar Binks. I want to try it out, though. Anyway, I'm frankly surprised that Ganondorf isn't getting much love.

My favorite villain was [b]Jo, The Killer Cop[/b] from Dead Rising...

I guess because just her being a Fat Cop and she was like... harassing that poor girl all... seductive like. She's not only fat but she's... pretty randy for a big gal... :animeswea

Easy to take down, but it was amusing being beat down by a lard cop. Seeing her reminded me of that crazy fat chick from Dawn of the Dead that [spoiler]sprang back to life from the wheel barrel of doom[/spoiler]... :animedepr

...Creepy...

[color=darkred][size=1]Sounds like a spoiler, so meh. -- Bombu[/size][/color]