OtakuBoards

Your Location

pooperson

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]First of all, I know this thread has been up here about a thousand times, but there have been a lot of new members, and with the resurrection of the "Who Would You Like To Meet" thread, I thought this applied.
So the basic question is, [B]where do you live? What country/state/province/etc are you from?[/B]
One might also wish to include the answers to the following:
[B]What are people like in your location? What kinds of things do you do there? Where do the cool kids like you hang out?[/B]

As for me, I live in the big town of [B]Fishers, Indiana, USA[/B]. It's hugely big enough to be a city, but the town council would rather be a town. Silly. It used to be a giant cornfield, but now it's a giant everything-else. I pretty much hate it.
People are mean here. They're all pretty rich, and it's pretty annoying because they pretty much suck. My school - HSE - has the nickname "HSEasy". Mmm, we're morally going to hell!
I do more now than I did a few months ago because I finally have my lisence. But there's still nothing to do. The cool kids go to movies and to Starbucks and the mall sometimes. I don't like movies or Starbucks, and I can't afford the mall... so I drive through Wendy's with my friends after Marching Band. Ooh, and Target. We all go to Target... and Kohl's. And everyone, myself included really likes parks. They're a lot of fun.

Your turn![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]This thread is a stalker's paradise.

Fishers? that's actually ridiculously close to where I live. (How's [i]that[/i] for awkward transitions?) I'm on the outskirts of Anderson, Indiana, which I assure you is much worse because I'm a good twenty minutes away from [i]everything.[/i] Seriously, I have to drive for twenty minutes just to get to a McDonald's.[/color]

[COLOR="Magenta"]I live far away from you two but there may be some that live close to me. I live in Rocklin, California. I love how there's a SunSplash nearby so I can call up my friends and we all head out over there. The mall's close by too and it seems that I do a lot of window shopping and trying on clothes and such. I normally don't buy a whole lot.

I really love where I live. The beach is about a 4-6 hour drive and the mountains is about a 2 1/2 hour drive. Practically, I live a really nice place. I get to go to the beach during the summer and during winter I get to head up to the mountains and snowboard on some serious powder.

I can't drive yet but in another 2years I will be able to. So for now, I have to rely on my wonderful parents whom I love so much to drive me around town. ^_^[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sara'][color=#db2007]Why would you want to go to McDonald's?[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Many places have a [B]McDonalds [/B]on every block i think she was expressing her distance from society.

I live in [B]Virginia Beach, Virginia[/B], where i have lived most of my life, despite this being my 17th house. Where i live there is a [B]7-11 [/B]every 30 seconds, which is great because I love 7-11. Everyone here goes to 7-11. I go at least once or twice a week with my pals.

Um... and the beach is a short drive I guess, but it's crowded and disgusting. VA beach is slowly growing - we recently got a rediculously huge tower near one of our malls that's growing steadily (but still sucks compared to others in the area.) So... yeah. Whatever. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Sara'][color=#db2007]Why would you want to go to McDonald's?[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Penance?[/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy']Many places have a McDonalds on every block i think she was expressing her distance from society.[/quote]

[color=deeppink]I assure you, she knows that. ; )

Also. "She?" "Her?"[/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]

Also. "She?" "Her?"[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

In other words, people think you're a chick.... Haha. Score: Boss 0, Nerdsy -1.

I live in Lexington, South Carolina. The only person who lives in SC on all of Otakuboards. I'm actually right next to the capital and have alot of awesome things to do. It's fantastic.

Score: Boss 1, Nerdsy -1.[/color][/size]

Psst...Marty Robbins! You're on. Jeez, someone cue this guy...*El Paso theme starts playing*..There we go, some mood music. Down in the west Texas town of El Paso...I fell in love with a mexican girl. Seriously, bievendios a mi barrio El Paso. For the spanish challenged, that means welcome to my Hood fool (without the fool, I just added that in for good measure)

We're a pretty big city in Texas and our city is divided into two sides by mountains. We have the East side and the West side (predictably) I live in what's called Northeast El Paso. My neighborhood that I live in is kind of in the outskirts of town, but I love my neighborhood because the houses are nice and the people are cool too. All of them are pretty much involved into the exercise thing, so you can always see someone power walking or jogging throughout the neighorhood.

In our town we have lots of strip malls and department stores. We have Kohl's, Target, and the like. We have three malls and lots of places to hang out. My favorite place has to be Carmike Cinemas, because a lot of people I know work there and the best DDR machine in town is there. I've spent over $200 there on that machine, easily. My friends like to go there on Fridays and Saturdays and hog up the DDR machine, which people don't care about because we're so good that everyone just stands there in awe of us.

I live so close to the Mexican- US Border that I could throw a rock across the river and hit Mexico with it.That being said, lots of people that come here from the border don't speak a lot of English and there is a lot of Mexican license plates. But people here are really down to earth and aside from the occasional grouches, people here are extremely nice.

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Also. "She?" "Her?"[/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1]I mean... not many guys type in deep pink on OB. Can't really blame him.

I live four minutes outside DC proper (driving), maybe twenty minutes if you walk. People are generally accommodating and understanding, due to the fact we have so much practice dealing with you pesky tourists (WOW LETS GO SEE THE MONUMENTS LOL!!). But don't get me wrong, we sneer and jeer at you behind your back.

If you're from out of town, the city is an amazing place. It's the city from which the federal government runs, which is extremely impressive in and of itself, not to mention all the historical monuments and [free!] museums you can enjoy. If you're from the city, all those things lose their appeal pretty quickly, and you end up just going to the movies, going to parties, or hanging out with friends at their house. Typical.

Oh, and Dagger lives on the other side of the city. You and I will meet one day, mark my words.[/size]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]Topeka, Kansas. Please, stalk me.

One of only two people on the OB who is located in Kansas.

What is there to do here in Topeka? Not too much. I mean, sure, it's a city and there is a mall that everyone frequents and a nice busy street called Wanamaker that the racers hang out on every Friday but as for things to do it's just party after party. No major attractions, no beach, nuffin' like that.

What do I do for fun? Street race, of course! I don't hang out on Wanamaker. Too busy, too conformist. I go out further from the city to an area called Shawnee Heights. Lots of corners, hills, and track-like areas to race on with my small band of buddies who find the 'my car goes faster in a straight line than yours' culture too stupid and shallow to stomach.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]

In other words, people think you're a chick.... Haha. Score: Boss 0, Nerdsy -1.

I live in Lexington, South Carolina. The only person who lives in SC on all of Otakuboards. I'm actually right next to the capital and have alot of awesome things to do. It's fantastic.

Score: Boss 1, Nerdsy -1.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Score resets to zero because of DB's admission. Also, -1 to DB for confusing deeppink with[/color] [color=magenta]magenta.[/color]

[font=arial][size=1]I live directly between three important cities in North Carolina. My development was annexed by Jamestown, but I live in High Point, essentially. I'm going to college in the third city, Greensboro, so I've pretty much adopted that as [i]my city[/i]. Recently, though, a lot of my favorite places have been closing down. There's only two places to go to concerts now, one being an art gallery, haha. Overall, I love the city. There's really old stuff and really new stuff kind of built on top of it. From what I know, they renovated the city, tearing down old buildings and replacing them with new ones. It's really beautiful now.

I don't really know what to say. Haha[/font][/size]

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]Score resets to zero because of DB's admission. Also, -1 to DB for confusing deeppink with[/color] [color=magenta]magenta.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Score: Boss 0, Nerdsy -1 for thinking his opinion matters as such.

And please... no one stalk me. I have enough of those already. Use the wisdom I give you wisely.[/color][/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Ooh yeah I get to pimp my little piece of New York! Wahoo....:animesigh. Well prepare to get schooled.

I live in Rochester, New York... any more direct would make people wonder. Anywho, Kodak and Xerox are here and used to be big employers. But through the years they've suffered a lot of lay offs, especially Kodak. We still have Bausche and Lomb and now Paychex.

My county boarders Lake Ontario. We tried to have a fast ferry to get us the scant 70 miles from here to Toronto Ontario Canada. But that deal kind of fell through so we have to fall back on the old stand-by which is driving from East to West (Buffalo) Then over the PEace Bridge into Ontario. So what should really only take 1.5 hours takes three hours. We have a joke about that- You know you're from Rochester when you live seventy miles from Toronto and it takes you three hours to get there.

The nickname of my city was originally the Flour City because of all the mills situated on the upper and lower falls of the Genessee River. It was changed to the Flower City during the last century. This is oppropriate because in May we have the Lilac Festival at Highland Park and in June we have the Maplewood Rose Festival.

Speaking of festivals a lot of the towns here are settled along the Erie Canal two of which are Spencerport and Fairport which have their Canal days a month apart. What the Canal Days are are Weekend festivals along one main street in the village which is along a portion of the Canal.

There are also a lot of cemetaries here. One of the most famous is Mt. Hope Cemetary which was erected in 1832 as one of the first public cemetaries in the country. There are a lot of tombstones in German. Also two famous people are buried there: Frederick Douglass and Susan B. Anthony. The Susan B. Anthony house is still standing in Downtown Rochester and is open for tours.

I'd continue, but I'm probably boring everyone to death so I'll talk about the lake you can't swim in and our local amusement park with a century old wooden rollercoaster another time.[/color][/font]

[color=crimson]I live on the Northwest side of San Antonio, TX which is part of SA that is just exploding in construction. My entire city is in a orgasm of expansion in almost every direction but the NW is really the focus of a great lot of it.

People are nice in San Antonio and Texas at large. This area of town is pretty much just middle class and upper middle class. Plenty of whites, plenty of latinos. Few blacks and asians. The cuisine here is divine. Tex-Mex is just the best cultural mish mash I have ever had the pleasure of partaking in.

What to do? Whatever you want. There's at least four malls within reasonable driving distance. Plenty of movie theaters. Can always take a trip to the Botanical Gardens, Zoo, the Witte Museum, the McNay Art Museum or just go chill on the River Walk (which is awesome to see at [url=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Riverwalk_Christmas_05.JPG]Christmas[/url]. Tourists usually mill around the River Walk or the Alamo, I don't usually see them too far away from those two attractions. The Alamo is basically what you'd imagine to be- an old building with a funny shape. It's fun enough to see once but living here I can't ever imagine visiting it regularly, lol.

Live music is pretty huge here but not to the level of Austin. Can always find local bands playing at bars and clubs around town, major/minor tours seem to stop by either here or in Austin which is close enough to just drive to.

San Antonio is pretty big on parties. Every April the entire city throws a Fiesta celebrating the victory at the Battle of San Jacinto (secured Texas independence and ended the revolution successfully) and the heroes who died at the Alamo. It's a big multicultural festival with dozens of events every night of Fiesta. Last Fiesta I went to.. let's see, I went to a Blues festival called a Taste of New Orleans held at an outdoor amphitheater which was awesome. Cajun food is great, I had funnel cakes and cajun shrimp. I wanted some gator but the booth lady was out of it and seemed very persistent in giving me the shrimp instead. I also attended a German beer festival and tried some fresh German beer from kegs which was good, had plenty of bratwurst and the like. I went to a giant Oyster Bake which was one of the most awesome things ever. Hundreds of people in every direction, three concerts going on at the same time (one stage was rock, one country and the other blues), tons of good food. The last event I went to was a giant art exhibit that had all these regional artists selling their artwork at this lovely art school sitting along the River Walk. Very talented artists, the hand crafted jewelry put most of the stuff you see in stores to shame.

Not sure what else to say. It's always time to party down in the Alamo City and there aren't too many jerks. Can't get much worse than that.[/color]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']But don't get me wrong, we sneer and jeer at you behind your back.[/size][/quote]

hehe... I've got some fond memories of tourist-mocking... and of course, now I never want to be one...

Anyway.. I live, for the moment, on Long Island, New York. I was born here (Long Island) but we moved to texas when I was 5... then we moved to India, then I went to school in Thailand for 5 years, so I'm not from anywhere in particular... I don't know anything about people here... cos I don't go anywhere (yes, pitiful I know) Where I used to live we would sit in the mall and mock tourists... or hunt for hot marines..

on a sort-of side note.. has anyone ever met anyone on the amazing race? we always used to wish we could find some of them and "help" them by giving the some VERY accurate directions...:devil:

Well it's not like it's a secret since it's right in my profile where I live. And that is Salt Lake City, Utah. The state capitol. It's a pretty decent place to live, lots to do and plenty of things to see. And in spite of what everyone thinks, Utah may be where LDS/Mormon's settled initially but Less than 50% of Salt Lake City's residents are members of the LDS church. Other area's like where SunfallE and Aaryanna live have a much higher percentage. Altogether LDS members make up about 62% of Utah's population.

So there are a lot of non-Mormon's like myself living here. Also since it's pretty easy to get long winded over all the neat stuff around here if you really want to know just go here: [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_Lake_City,_Utah"][U]Salt Lake City[/U][/URL]

Probably the coolest thing about Utah is that we have five national parks. And one of my favorite things to do with my friends is take off for a weekend to go and do some hiking. And that doesn't even include all the other great places one can go to.

[quote name='DeathKnight'][color=crimson]Witte[/color][/QUOTE][size=1]Cool, a Dutch word/name.

Well, as you should all well know, as I tend to repeat it very often, I live in the Netherlands. In some town called Nieuwegein, right next to Utrecht, the most central city of the country, which is also little more than a half hour train/car trip to Amsterdam. Not like I go there often, but the other names won't say you much, I guess.

Euh, Nieuwegein. A big concrete beehive where the human soul is as leveled as the landscape. In summers I like to go to the river which is in the southside of town, but furthermore it's a pretty dead place. Well, it's right next to a rather big city, so everyone just goes there anyway. The clubs and all the happenings are there. Besides the river, we only have a park and a mall. Whoopee. There's one organization here that tries to start some fun stuff like bandcontests and festivals, but they pretty much fail, as they're organized horribly.

Oh, we have two McDonald'ses around our town. Yay. :)[/size]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Utah may be where LDS/Mormon's settled initially but Less than 50% of Salt Lake City's residents are members of the LDS church. Other area's like where SunfallE and Aaryanna live have a much higher percentage. [/QUOTE]Bah! Don't remind me. Last I heard it was 90% here. Making me one of the 10% that isn't. And though I've nothing against it, sometimes the expectations by other's my age to be religious is pretty damn annoying.

Anyway... I live in Provo, Utah. Not that knowing that would help you actually find me. Its not a small place after all. It's not huge like Salt Lake City or other areas, but it's big enough. And it's got some pretty cool stuff to check out too: [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provo,_Utah"][U]Provo[/U][/URL] Plus if you're really curious Wiki has some really nice pictures since those little links lead to a good sized one.

We've got nice malls, theaters library's, etc. And there are plenty of parks as well as places to go to up in the mountains. Hehe, in fact I leave in just a little bit to go on a camping trip with friends for the next couple of days. :catgirl: Though we'll be staying in a cabin.

And like Rach mentioned we have five national parks. Though I've only been to three of them. One of these days I want to see the other two that are in the more southern part of the state. :catgirl:[/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]I live in [B]Pendleton[/B], [B]Indiana[/B], which is, geographically, in between [B]taperson[/B]'s and [B]Nerdsy[/B]'s locale of residency. (I smell a meeting of Indiana OB'ers)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=dimgray]Pendleton is an okay place, as long as you don't have to interact with the citizens.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I live in a little hick town called Holiday, Florida in south Pasco county. The people are of the mixed variety, everything fromthe kind and decent, to known pedophiles. The whole neighborhood has either dying grass or mounds of sand or way, way too much grass. Yeah, this place is a trash whole, but it's the best I can afford in this state, so it's where I'm stuck at the moment.

Well I live in El Paso, Tx in the United States. I have never really liked El Paso because many people think of you differently if you are unique unlike other cities I have visited. I have also live in california before.

El Paso has two malls, and they are both seperated from each other. It is also border to Juarez, Mexico, and you know what that means for the underaged. Thursday and friday nights gets packed across the border from all us young people crossing the border to drink and party all night long. Security is getting more severe since more young people go across each day. I would say it is dangerous, especially for girls, because many of them dress like sluts when they go across, and well they might get mugged or raped.

There is an awesome rock station here, they are 95.5 KLAQ. Most of the events they hold are for charity and give most of that money away. They bring big bands to El Paso, which is really kool for many of us rock fans here!