OtakuBoards

Evanescence

Metalcore501

Nope. I imagine that was totally cool with them. Just like it's totally cool for every metalcore band and it's brother to play the same drum patterns over and over again. :whoops:

Amy Lee should join an epic, symphonic, blackened death metal band, though. And split the vocal duties with me. That'd be rad.

-Justin

[quote name='Metalcore501']Did anyone els notice on thier album Fallen that their drummer plays the exact same beat and alomst EVERY song! I was talking to one of my friends who is a Evenescance fanatic, and she told me that they kicked him out. So do you think that was the reason?[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]I dunno man. Copying the same beat is hard. Unless the beat is very simple. But if the percussion was sooo simple, then he wouldn't be the drummer now would he?

I've got an old Anywhere But Home DVD and I havn't noticed this dude playing anything that is exactly the same as the last. If that were true then all the songs would be in the exact same tempo.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura'][COLOR="HotPink"][SIZE="1"]I dunno man. Copying the same beat is hard. Unless the beat is very simple. But if the percussion was sooo simple, then he wouldn't be the drummer now would he?

I've got an old Far From Home DVD and I havn't noticed this dude playing anything that is exactly the same as the last. If that were true then all the songs would be in the exact same tempo.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

listen to the fallen cd almost every song he uses the same drum pattern, the only things that change are the tempo and maybe add in a bit of showing off.

[quote name='Metalcore501']listen to the fallen cd almost every song he uses the same drum pattern, the only things that change are the tempo and maybe add in a bit of showing off.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Did you look back over at what you just wrote? If he changes up the tempo and adds in transitionary bits then it's not the [I]same [/I]pattern. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Metalcore501']Ehh... But it all sounds the same as in his pattern and drums he uses over and over again.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Listen closely. Maybe your just not hearing all of the drum's rythyms and beats. And besideds, can't we just enjoy the music? Someone who really loves music would put little things like that behind him. As long as it sounds good, it's no problem.[/COLOR]

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura][SIZE="1"]If he changes up the tempo and adds in transitionary bits then it's not the [I]same [/I']pattern. [/SIZE][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Tempo and transition have nothing to do with whether or not it's a pattern. Tempo is the speed a pattern is played at, and the transition bits are basically just fillers put in on top of the pattern. If it's a pattern at 64bpm, it'll be the same pattern if you play it at 216bpm. It's just faster, is all.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Doesn't really matter, the guy [I]was[/I] a sucky drummer anyway ;]

But since when does what somebody could call a "drum pattern" the same as a bass pattern? But I don't guess I would know at this state, I'm only a drummer. I don't read the music though.

Perhaps he has a lazy leg though, and can only do one bass pattern, for the rest of his life!

...You guys just made fun of a poor guy who can only do one bass pattern for the rest of your life. He will become a hobo in the streets of Hermitage, Arkansas, and wonder around my house naked forever. Thanks Alot. Jackasses, you lot.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='I'm Not Nomura'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]...You guys just made fun of a poor guy who can only do one bass pattern for the rest of your life. He will become a hobo in the streets of Hermitage, Arkansas, and wonder around my house naked forever. Thanks Alot. Jackasses, you lot.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]That sounds really familiar, Hunter. :P

Anyway, I can't really see this expanding beyond "they're the same!" and "no they're not," so I'll help.

From now on feel free to talk about the rest of the band (or the ex-drummer, if you're still interested).
[/FONT]

[quote name='Kam']Nope. I imagine that was totally cool with them. Just like it's totally cool for every metalcore band and it's brother to play the same drum patterns over and over again. :whoops:

Amy Lee should join an epic, symphonic, blackened death metal band, though. And split the vocal duties with me. That'd be rad.

-Justin[/QUOTE]

I agree Epica is amazing I believe your talking about Epica the symphonic band with the female lead there is no band called Epic other than a progressive rock band who I know your not talking about.

Epica is not Black Metal also Epic is Goth Metal and Progressive Rock like Elis.

Elis is much better than Epica and Evanescenc. Elis is also Goth Metal like Epica.

[quote name='Inuyasha7271']I agree Epica is amazing I believe your talking about Epica the symphonic band with the female lead there is no band called Epic other than a progressive rock band who I know your not talking about.

Epica is not Black Metal also Epic is Goth Metal and Progressive Rock like Elis.

Elis is much better than Epica and Evanescenc. Elis is also Goth Metal like Epica.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]...What? Justin was jsut using the word "epic"...as nothing more than a way to desrcibe his dream band with Amy Lee xD.[/SIZE]