OtakuBoards

Your most outrageous purchases.

desertphoenix

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Verdana"]The title pretty much says it all. I'm just wondering what is the craziest thing you ever bought or wanted to buy. Do you regret it now or are you happily ridiculed?

As for me, I always loved Zabuza's sword from [I]Naruto[/I]. Sadly, one day I started to look for a real one. I even found this [URL="http://www.trueswords.com/japanese-anime-sword-p-2807.html"][U]site[/U][/URL] that sells a metal replica of it. It looks pretty, but depressingly it's only 3 and a half feet long. I'm not settling for anything under 5 feet. Most of all, there is no way my parents would let me have a sword in the first place. Well it's a dream of mine which I have no idea when it will come true:animeswea.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]That would be a set of Kerokerokeroppi memorabilia including a bowl, a tray and a small bucket, all of which I [i]clearly[/i] have no use for. But I don't regret buying them 'cause I recently recycled the tray and the bowl as a gift for my kid brother, and the bucket as a container for my writing instruments.

I think Sanrio's going to have a clearance sale soon so I may have to update this post in the near future.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Georgia"]Some of my most outragoues purchases are game related....some not. But they still are outrageous.

1. [B]Redoctane Afterburner pads[/B]- Every DDR player knows that playing DDR on metal pads at home shows pretty much the ultimate commitment to your DDR life. I only know a few people in my town that play with them and most of the time my pads are the ones brought over to parties, because people don't have to take their shoes off to play. They cost 400 for both pads, but that's because I shopped around. But still, paying 400 dollars for DDR pads is pretty expensive.

2.[B] Katanas[/B]- I have several Katana's in my home and about four of them are mine. I found most of them in craft shops in various places, but I got a custom Katana that was made for me. They took out the crossguard on the sword, which some swordsmen preferred to use because you could unsheath the sword quickly. I got the lacquer painted black and put azure blue snowflakes on the hilt. It's very cool looking and very expensive. I would say it cost me about 350 dollars for that Katana alone.

3. [B]Nori Fighting game stick[/B]- I love to play fighting games, but I don't have the pleasure of runnning out to the local arcade and playing there....so I compensated by buying Nori's fighting stick, which for my money is the best stick on the market. I bring it to gatherings and tournaments and such. I'm hoping to enter Evolution 2k8 so that I can see where I stand in the world of fighting games. Nori's stick cost me 120 bucks. That's dedication baby.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I came home with a trombone one time.

I have a fetish for always wanting to buy wood boards and paint. I've never actually bought them before today when I had to buy paint for band. Goodness. I just really want to build something and then paint it. *Sigh... some dreams just never come true.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Bought a boomerang when I was coming back from Australia for about $60 [AU] as a present for my Dad. It was nice and all, but I pretty much immediately regretted paying that much for a boomerang which now sits on top of a shelf in my parents room.

Paid about ?90 for a katana a few years back, one of those purchases based on a newfound interest in Japanese culture, damn thing didn't even come with a display stand.[/SIZE]

Hmmmm...

I bought Haruhi Suzumiya's uniform cosplay for about $400 over in the Shibuya district.

And all together, I think I have spent around $900+ on Haruhi merchandise? Oh well.

I love the uniform. It's good quality.

Well some of my purchases could be considered outrageous since spending over $10,000 for an instrument is expensive. But since playing the cello is what I do, it doesn't seem that way to me. Every time I've needed a new one it's always ended up being more. lol Though hopefully my next purchase will be my last one for quite a while. Especially since one of these days I want to get a car. Heh.

[size=1]I've spent $500 on clothes at the Salvation Army/Goodwill in a day. Gotta love hobo chic.

There's a number of others, but they're all typical ... designer whatevers, electronics, events ... the lot. [/size]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Well some of my purchases could be considered outrageous since spending over $10,000 for an instrument is expensive. [/QUOTE]Oh not at all. Sure it's expensive but definately worth it. After all before I ended up on disability I spent close to $6,000 on a piano. ;) So I understand perfectly, since if I had the money, there was a Steinway that I would have loved to have gotten. The sound and tone was just too beautiful. But that $70,000 ticket price was way beyond my reach. Still I did get to play on it a bit which was great fun. :catgirl:

I would also say spending $300 on a high velocity dryer for Aaryanna's dog since you need it to properly fluff her fur after bathing her. But since it runs about $40 to have someone groom her and SunfallE has done it since we got her, that dryer has more than paid for itself over the years. Since she needs grooming at least once a month.

[font=arial][size=1]I don't buy anything really expensive at all, in fact, I rarely end up paying full price for anything. My interests lie in videogames and music, which are dirt cheap compared to uhh... $10k cellos.

However, I have bought a whole lot of CD's at one time. It was last year at this show where bands from all over the world were touring together... all over the world and were kind enough to stop by about two hours away from here. These were all favorites of mine, or at least would be by the end of their set, and I would end up buying stuff from them. The place cleaned me out of $200 and I was stuffing my pockets with CD after CD, and I was wearing about five bands' T-shirts. I realized what I was getting myself into when I had to start borrowing a 2nd friend's purse, hahahaha!

But I certainly don't regret that. I'm still happy I got all that stuff there and not from the internet or something. I was paying $5-$7 for a cd instead of $12-$15 for shipping it here. And all that stuff is sooooo good. :D[/font][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Ah, yes. I remember it fondly.

I paid a whole $.67 for a Yu-Gi-Oh card. The card? [URL=http://www.dempsey.com.au/USERIMAGES/000B0490.jpg]Gradius[/URL]

And I don't even like Yu-Gi-Oh. Thats old school shooter dedication, baby, and an OUTRAGEOUS purchase.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]My most outrageous purchase?

[B]A prom dress.[/B]

And the stupid thing is, it didn't even look as glamorous as it did in the picture. But at least I got to buy another one that looked better and was cheaper.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Well some of my purchases could be considered outrageous since spending over $10,000 for an instrument is expensive. But since playing the cello is what I do, it doesn't seem that way to me. [/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"]Music makes people crazy passionate sometimes. [i]Especially[/i] string players, lol. Do you play for an orchestra?

I have a similar outrageous purchase. $3,000 for a cello, which was a fine price for the quality instrument I got, but I quit orchestra a year later and joined newspaper. >_0. [/font]

[quote name='Lunox;786282][font="trebuchet ms"]Music makes people crazy passionate sometimes. [i]Especially[/i] string players, lol. Do you play for an orchestra? [/font][/QUOTE]Yes, the Utah Philharmonia. Before that I was in the University of Utah Symphony Orchestra. [quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"']I have a similar outrageous purchase. $3,000 for a cello, which was a fine price for the quality instrument I got, but I quit orchestra a year later and joined newspaper. >_0. [/font][/quote]No danger there, of my quitting and joining something else that is. lol I just finished my second Master's Performance recently for getting my masters degree and I'm finishing up the paperwork to get accepted into a doctorate program either at the current University I'm attending or another one about a hour south of where I live.

Though by finishing up I mean everything is in order and sent, I'm just waiting on the acceptance or denial letter. Though I'd be surprised to get denied since I've spoken to the faculty of both schools and both were encouraging about my application.

Once I get accepted... I'll be forking out that $10,000+ on my next instrument. :catgirl:

[SIZE=1]I can beat all the instrument prices here =p.

£17 grand on my drumkit. Well, not the entire drumkit mind you, but the extra parts of it and whatnot... the thing's worth quite a bit now, and an extra five hundred if I get my new snare =O.

But it's okay because my mum is paying it off each month.

The most outrageous purchase I myself made? A 300 pound PDA I don't bloody use. It's a pile of shite.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy] Oh lord where to begin?

Recently I spent about 64 euros or roughly 84 USD on two boxed sets of the RAI release of the first season of Winx Club. Then the shipping killed me. I've done it before and I don't think I'll ever get used to shipping.

I've spent $50 plus shipping on make up from Sephora (I can now buy it in the store) and I need to buy a passport, that'll be about $110.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1]$3.50 for a gallon of gas.[/SIZE][/quote][COLOR=blue]Ha, $3.92. Wait... that's not a good thing to win...[/COLOR]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]My most outrageous purchase I can think of actually only cost $1 but the thing itself is completely ridiculous. It's this wooden sculpture with two parrots on it - one upright and the other on the opposite side upside down. My family was having a garage sale and my neighbor brought over some stuff to sell as too and that was one of the things she brought. If I think of it, I'll get a picture of it up here when I get home.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Mostly video game-related purchases for me.

I literally bought the PSP on impulse, spending over $300 on it.

Guitar Hero 2 was also a pretty outrageous purchase seeing as how I essentially spent $100 for a video game when I picked it up. Totally worth it though.

If I pick up the $200 Rock Band SKU, then the Guitar Hero 2 purchase will easily be eclipsed. I don't think I iwll though. At least not for quite a long time.

Currently my most outrageous purchase would be my new iPhone but I think the item that totally trumps that would be my wedding gown. I spent well over $1000 on it. Considering I only wore that dress once for a few hours it was a bit outrageous. Add to that the numerous across state trips I had to take to go for fittings, the accessories... oi, it's more money spent on a one time outfit than I want to think about. :animedepr

[SIZE="1"]My most expensive item that I've purchsed so far was my car. $5,000 all in cash, straight forward. Which wasn't bad atall. Then in second was my whole trip to Japan, which cost me $3,000.

Aside from that, nothing real big pops to mind. I try not to buy anything real expensive. When I got back from Japan I did get an Ipod Nano, about 200 bucks. I do kind of regret it, because I don't really use it, but I guess it could come in handy.

I'd like a Wii, but I'm not paying that much money. I'll wait untill it goes down a few hundred dollars, which will likely be when the next Nintendo system for probebly $800 comes out.[/SIZE]

[FONT="Georgia"][SIZE="2"][COLOR="Magenta"][I]Oh me, oh my I have blown some astronomical amounts on things in my day.Such as:
1.$700 pageant dress worn twice in my life.
2.$300 in anime and soundtracks at animekrazy.com in one shopping spree,which is a butt load of stuff.
3.Somewhere around the neighborhood of $120,000 on my instruments that I play; not including repairs,new parts,etc.
4.Countless amounts of shoes that I don't wear very often.I'm definently a shoe w****.
Anyway there are countless other things that I really gave my wallet a workout on.

Sensei Fuzzball:catgirl:[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]