Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[font=Arial]The same article was on [url=http://www.ivygateblog.com/blog/2007/08/sex_on_campus_art_students_did_it_all_for_the_nookie.html][b]IvyGate Blog[/b][/url], except in a far funnier format. I highly recommend it.

I need to date an artist... hm...[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Sirius'][IMG]http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/6734/barss3.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

You'd think that International Relations figure would be much lower. I sure can't think of any better way of fostering connections between nations.

And I guess the figure for communications students is so miniscule that it isn't even placed on the graph. What a surprise. :(
Posted
[COLOR="Indigo"]One can be smart and still have plenty of sex. Perhaps it's true that we don't sleep around as much as others do, but then again, that ties in with being smart. We don't sleep with just any guy. lol

Still you gotta laugh over that report and wonder just how accurate it really is. Besides I'm with Gavin, if having sex made one dumber, I would have stayed a virgin. And yes I know that's not what it meant. lol [/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Sirius'][IMG]http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/6734/barss3.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]


[size=1]Oh no! All of my top three major choices!!! No waaaaay ...
(Political Science, International Relations, Psychology)

Argh. I was planning to date outside my major anyway.

Neuroscience rocks. It's not dull at all - to me, at least. It's like the neutral ground between chemistry and psychology.

But come on now, it's Wellesley.[/size]
Posted
[quote name='Semjaza']This is honestly the dumbest thread I've ever seen and I run a pretty dumb forum.[/QUOTE]Perhaps, but I do find it a bit interesting. If only because I remember all the hype as a kid that sleeping around meant you were stupid. That only someone who was dumb would have sex if they weren't married, etc.

And I have to laugh at the article. If only because I've seen so many variations of it over the years. lol
Posted
[quote name='Semjaza']This is honestly the dumbest thread I've ever seen and I run a pretty dumb forum.[/QUOTE][COLOR=maroon]I don't know whether to be honored or insulted. Either way, that's quite an accomplishment considering the hilarity that ensues on [NOT A PLUG][B][url=http://www.orangelazarus.net/groupsounds/]*****Group Sounds*****[/url][/B][/NOT A PLUG].[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#606060]I don't know what this really has to do with intelligence. Who's to say that studying Economics is inherently more difficult than Computer Science? Surely that's a value judgement.

There's also the whole left/right brain issue. I'm pretty terrible at mathematics, but I've always been very good at English. Yet I've come across plenty of people who are brilliant at mathematics but cannot grasp the most basic elements of English. What does it say about them if they're brilliant at mathematics yet they can't comprehend the basics of a course of study that apparently requires less IQ?

It's probably more likely that this is about math experts trying to explain why they aren't getting any. And their method of explanation ironically makes it even [i]less[/i] likely that they will be successful when it comes to sex, lol.[/color]
Guest The Blue Jihad
Posted
All I know is I got laid waaaay more than the anthropology students.

In fact, ****, man, English majors got *the most* action, second only to art students, cause most art students were bi and got ****** up way more frequently than English majors.
Posted
[quote name='The Blue Jihad']In fact, ****, man, English majors got *the most* action, second only to art students, cause most art students were bi and got ****** up way more frequently than English majors.[/QUOTE]
[font=Arial]That's what I was thinking, but you learn new things every day.[/font]

[center][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/englishmajor-1.jpg[/IMG][/center]
Posted
[quote name='Retribution'][font=Arial][center][IMG]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/retri_trib/englishmajor-1.jpg[/IMG][/center][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]This is the first time I've ever said it, but rofl man, rofl FTW.[/SIZE]
Guest The Blue Jihad
Posted
[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE=1]This is the first time I've ever said it, but rofl man, rofl FTW.[/SIZE][/quote]

And the greatest irony is that it's generally totally accurate. We've got silver tongues, low inhibitions, and massive sex drives (read enough Walt Whitman and you go nuts).
Posted
[quote name='The Blue Jihad']And the greatest irony is that it's generally totally accurate. We've got silver tongues, low inhibitions, and massive sex drives (read enough Walt Whitman and you go nuts).[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Beautiful, my intended college has one of the biggest English departments in the country, with 62% of those in the course being females between 18 and 23. Life is good. And on that note: Alll riiight giggity giggity goo... [/SIZE]
Posted
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Feh! Some of us are virgins by choice. Not from lack of overly sexed guys trying to fix that. XP Though if that chart is correct at all, then it's going to be too bad for me. I like Math and Science. Besides I'm with Crystia, it's an issue of being smart enough to not sleep with just anyone. :p That and I find the idea of having sex with someone in their twenties a bit creepy. I mean you'd think those fools would know I'm jail bait! Though I'm sure they just don't care. [/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Sojiro47'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Wait...does that mean if I get laid, I'm going to get smarter. God knows I need to. Get smarter, I mean.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Thank you for clarifying, friend.

Anyway, these studies are starting to get on my nerves. If you think about it, it's totally logical.

"That math nerd is SOOO freaking hot!"

"That special ed kid makes me RANDY, Baby!" (Thank you, Austin Powers.)

And then, all our scientists go out and do studies and spend millions of dollars of tax money in order to more accurately state the obvious.

"Studies show that war kills people."

"Latest scientific studies prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down."
Posted
[quote name='Shinmaru;786701]And I guess the figure for communications students is so miniscule that it isn't even placed on the graph. What a surprise. :([/QUOTE]The same goes for music majors it seems. They couldn't be bothered to list us either. [quote name='The Blue Jihad''](read enough Walt Whitman and you go nuts).[/quote]Or you fall asleep. Much in the same way Mozart will put me to sleep, I love his music, but if I'm already tired, it does me in. lol

Anyway, studies like that are interesting, but they too are meh. Like any other study, the results are far from being totally accurate.
Posted
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Anyway, studies like that are interesting, but they too are meh. Like any other study, the results are far from being totally accurate.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Bother you. The point of studies like these is so that the rest of us can laugh. (Especially the serious ones.)

Music majors have no lives. It can't be helped; it's inherent in our particular discipline. Ergo, we have no time for sex.

Sad, but true.

[I]Trombone[/I] majors, on the other hand....[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Bother you. The point of studies like these is so that the rest of us can laugh. (Especially the serious ones.)

Music majors have no lives. It can't be helped; it's inherent in our particular discipline. Ergo, we have no time for sex.

Sad, but true.

[I]Trombone[/I] majors, on the other hand....[/FONT][/QUOTE]I know they exist for laughing at. I've just seen that same type of study one to many times. lol Besides. Maybe other Music majors have no time for sex, but that's never been a problem for me. XP Sure I'm probably not getting laid as often as an English major is. but still... It's often enough. lol

Though I will admit that the times right before a major performance are pretty barren, too much practicing to do to get ready. >_< You barely have time to sleep and eat let alone anything else. lol Fortunately that only happens about six or seven times a year. At least for me. And the next performance isn't until the 21st of next month.
Posted
[quote name='imike123']busy with career lol[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Obviously you've been diluted with sex. Maybe you should see a gynocologist for help.

I guess this proves sex can make you dumb. What a valuable lesson this thread teaches us!

As for sex and music, rockers get a lot of lovin.[/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][I]Trombone[/I] majors, on the other hand....[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Well, most of [I]that[/I] talent only helps women or gay men...or one's own...pleasure. I play trombone myself, and I can assure you, I'm still a lost cause. ^_~[/FONT]
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="1"]First time I took the SATs in high school I got a blah 1300...Before the next testing I just happened to rock some high school socks and managed to scrap up to a 1440...of course these are old scores and I think since they made a new system with a writing part...of course I am an English major....So I think college nights on thursdays + classes = better scoring. Besides, girls enjoy it if you're articulate. :animeswea[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...