OtakuBoards

Your Birthday

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]It's my birthday tommorrow (today: festivities). None of your birthdays are special enough to warrant a thread, but half because I want to show off and half because I'm conceited, my birthday brings about discussion! I've got a ton of questions, too, to keep things interesting.

1. Do you have any birthday traditions?
2. What was your best birthday present ever? (if you say 'life' I'll slap you!)
3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain midnset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?
4. What was your favorite birthday?

1. My mom is a pro cake maker, and she makes whatever design I concoct into a cake. Last year I had Boogiepop, the year before a Prinny from Disgaea, and right now my mom's making one fromn Zetsubou-sensei. The biggest, best one was a Charizard cake I had for my 7th birthday where it was the size of the table, 4 layers high, made of 7 cake mixes, and beautiful.

Other than that, I never want to do anything, so for the past few years it's just been hangin out at home or whatever.

2. >_> Could never decide on one...

3. I've personally never really felt different about it. My parents are all like 'ZOMG YOUR SIXTEEN!!!!!!' and I can't bring myself to care. I'm sure I'll be doing the same crap I'm doing now. The only time it felt different was when I turned 13. The bridge from 'kid' to 'teenager' is almost a forced stigma. Society has a whole different judgement on you then.

4. We're just going to say it's this birthday >_> There was a year I got a computer, but since it was damaged beyond repair within 2 years, I can't speak for it XD I'm saying this one, though, because I want to brag about all the crap I got...

~Mushishi vol. 1 DVD +artbox (best artbox ever)
~Mushishi vol. 2 Manga
~Gunslinger Girl vol. 1 DVD +artbox
~Genshiken DVD Complete Collection
~Coyote Ragtime Show vol. 1 DVD
~PaniPoni Dash vol. 1 DVD
~Eva 01 figurine
~Eva 02 figurine
~Serial Experiments Lain hardback artbook
~ Dredg CD El Cielo

And I still have cash left! A great haul by any standards. Anyway, since my birthdays are rather lax, I turn the conversation to you. I know some of you have some interesting birthdays. I think I created this same thread on my last birthday too XD [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]My birthday is only 11 days away, yipee. Turning 13 was a milestone for me, plus it marked the day I became an adolescent.

[B]1[/B]. I don't have traditions, but I'd like to slap cake into my dad's face for my next birthday. My mom isn't a good cake desinger. Maybe I should swing over to the food network and ask those 'ace of cake' guys to make me one. I'd love a Tenjho Tenge or an Ergo Proxy cake... yum.

[B]2.[/B] My best birhtday present youa sk? A few years ago I got a Medabots action figure and stadium. But my brithday isn't like Christmas... boring I must say. Make a Chirstmas thread this year and I'll give you a story.

[B]3.[/B] My 13th birthday marked my jump into music. After I turned 13, rock music appealed to me a lot more, so did women.

[B]4.[/B] None of my birthdays were ''ZOMG OMG OMG liek uber total cool to da max!!!1!!11!11" But I'd have to say my 13th brithday was the best. Nothing much, but it was cool.

DB, can I barrow your mother this year, she sounds Uber cool, a Charizard cake that big would make my mouth water like an ocean.

[B]Oh, and happy brithday my friend![/B][/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial"]Happy birthday in advance. :]

My birthday was on the 20th of July, and I also turned 16. Since I don't really believe in that whole "sweet sixteen" business I wasn't all too excited about the number. Of course I was pleased to be another year older, as a lot of businesses here hire kids ages 16+, and of course, I'd be old enough for a driver's license (except I don't even have my permit yet, xD).

I think I was much more excited about the presents. This year I'm focusing completely on my band, so I only asked my friends and relatives for money and my parents for a half stack amplifier. I only got a Sam Ash gift card from my parents, but altogether I probably received a little over $300. I only have $40 left since I bought that amp, a nice microphone, and the game The Movies (which my sister owes me a little money for). I'll probably spend the rest on the book Eclipse and tickets to see The Academy Is in October. <3

I don't really follow birthday traditions all too well. Last year my cake had rubber ducks on it and said "Wanna buy a duck?" as an inside joke between my friends and me. This year I didn't even HAVE a cake. Instead, I made a lot of yellow rice and had strawberries with chocolate sauce, and some friends bought cookies and other stuff. Nobody really ate anything, though.

Probably the only birthday I'll be excited beyond belief about would be my 18th. Then I can finally move out of my house and start my life for real. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]Happy birthday! Mine's in October so it's not too far off either.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue][B]1.[/B] My tradition is a fairly straightforward one. Family comes over, we have dinner (which varies though it's usually not a fancy thing), and my mom bakes a cake and sometimes a pie (which is always really good).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]This year though, I'll be going to a local restaurant which now offers a free steak and lobster dinner on your actual birthday. Luckily, our tradition never falls on the actual day (usually the weekend of) so I'll get both this year.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue][B]2.[/B] This is a tough one but my best in recent memory was my camera. I got the Nikon D200. I can't really call this a birthday present though since it took the spot of my Christmas present too, and from my parents and grandmother.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue][B]3.[/B] Knowing my age has never actually made a difference beyond knowing I could legally drive more than one person in my car at a time... Otherwise, most people tell me I seem/look older than I am anyway so my actual age becomes sort of irrelevant.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue][B]4.[/B] This one I'm not too sure about though I do remember particularly enjoying the year when me, a couple of friends, and my family went to Medieval Times.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][COLOR=blue]I have to hand it to you, this thread proved more interesting than I thought it would when I first read the title (I know, I know, "don't judge a book by its title.").[/COLOR][/FONT]

On January 3rd I expect to see plenty of presents at my door. Only the coolest of the cool were blessed enough to be born on such a glorious day. Don't believe me? Well just ask Desbreko.

On to the post:

[b]1. Do you have any birthday traditions?[/b]
When I was younger my big brother, whose birthday is January 4th, and I would celebrate our birthdays together. We would have a dual party with friends, get a cake with both our names on it and celebrate that way. As adults we just go out to dinner with our family. I now also get to celebrate with my brother-in-law since his birthday is January 1st.

[b]2. What was your best birthday present ever?[/b]
I'd have to say a car. My hubby bought me a car one year. Unfortunately for me it was a one time deal. Too bad it didn't become a yearly tradition! :p

[b]3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain mindset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/b]
Nope. I thought as I got older that I would want to have kids but so far that "clock" hasn't started ticking. Oh well. I also thought being an adult would make you feel differently but so far I still feel like I did back in college. Which, was only slightly different than how I felt in high school.

[b]4. What was your favorite birthday?[/b]
They've all been special but I think it was back when my grandparents were still around. It was nice to have them there to celebrate. I miss those days.

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][COLOR="Green"]Happy B-day!!!^^ My b-day is Dec. 18 so I still have half a year to go. I hate having my b-day in Dec 'cause its so close to the holidays that people usually give me one present and say, "Here's your b-day/christmas/Channukkah present all in one." People are just really cheap! XD

[b]1. Do you have any birthday traditions?[/b]
ummm...I don't really have any b-day traditions, but in my family its kind of like a tradition to smear your name on the cake with your finger and then put the frosting on your nose. (I know! Don't ask.) I think its some kind of good luck thing. Either way its pretty funny in pictures and then you get to lick the rest of the frosting off your finger lol ^^

[b]2. What was your best birthday present ever?[/b]
ummm...don't really know, but for my last b-day my dad gave me the credit card and said I could spend up to $500USD on whatever I want. (I ended up buying clothes that I really needed badly)

[b]3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain mindset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/b]
Well my last b-day I turned 21 so I kind of knew in my mind that it was like wow I'm legal now and I could buy alcohol and not be stopped, but in all honestly it didn't really faze me. None of my b-days ever really fazed me. I never felt any older on the day of my b-day, but after a while as things change in your life and you start having more responsibilities then it hits you that you are older and not a kid anymore.

[b]4. What was your favorite birthday?[/b]
My fav b-day was the one where BK(Matt) took me out to a broadway show in Manhattan, then set up a candlelit dinner at home, then surprised me with gifts (one being my locket necklace), and then sex ^^. It was the best day and night that I've probably ever had in my life so far.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]It's my birthday tommorrow (today: festivities). [B]None of your birthdays are special enough to warrant a thread[/B], but half because I want to show off and half because I'm conceited, my birthday brings about discussion! I've got a ton of questions, too, to keep things interesting.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]That's because my birthday is special enough that everyone already knows about it. :p Well at least the day that is. lol Mine is October 31, Halloween. And yes DB you are conceited, but then we already knew that. ;) And Happy Birthday in advance. Anyway on to the questions...
[B]
1. Do you have any birthday traditions?[/B]
Only one. It's always Halloween themed. As for everyone else in my family, the get together and party is usually nothing more than having cake and ice cream and then either talking about a lot of stuff, watching movies or playing video games. Basically we just have a good time.

[B]2. What was your best birthday present ever? (if you say 'life' I'll slap you!)[/B]
Well I can't really say ever since that could change, but so far the best was a really nice Cello I wanted in High School. My parents were reluctant to spend the money on it since they figured it was a fad I would outgrow. Obviously I did not and even though I no longer use it, I still have that first one that they bought for me.

[B]3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain midnset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/B]
Other than becoming legal, no. And even then, becoming legal only meant I was able to buy other things I couldn't before. It's kind of silly since I don't smoke or drink, so that change was a bit redundant for me.

[B]4. What was your favorite birthday?[/B]
As sentimental as this will sound, the first one I had after I met Crystia. Ironically we share the same birthday and we were born the same year, though she's older than me. :p Well by a few hours at least. lol But still she was one of my newest friends at the time and that day in High School as well as the other stuff we did together for fun was one of my most memorable days. And no DB, we did not do what you are probably thinking so get your mind out of the gutter. lol

[COLOR="Purple"][CENTER]Happy Birthday '07DB!! Hope you enjoy your birthday!![/CENTER]

[B]1. Do you have any birthday traditions?[/B]
I don't really know if I have any traditions. I usually don't. I used to have parties with my closest friends and go do some fun things. That's it. But I also share my birthday with my older twin sister. Her and I are like night and day to each other. We have a few things in common though; we both like anime, manga, otakuboards, and shopping. What we do for a tradition is go and have some fun out in the city!
[B]
2. What was your best birthday present ever?[/B]
I'm not sure what was my favorite birthday present. Nowadays I just get money. Which to me is just cheap. I get the money from my friends and I think that they should know me better and get me something that I like not money saying, " I don't know what you like so here's some money for you to buy yourself something." Now that's just gay. If I had to pick one I would say my snowboard and gear. I love to snowboard even though I just started two years ago, I love it and my snowboard although I wish I could have had it custom designed.

[B]3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain mindset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/B]
Nope. I never thought that when knowing my age was important unless some weirdo guy who's like way older than I am trys to hit on me and my friends just cause we look older then it matters. It hasn't changed me but most people, like my family, say that when I turned 13 that was when I started to have a change of heart in things. My sister says that my personality changed from nice to mean. I kind of think so too. My appearance has changed as well in the last couple of years. I'm turning 15 this year and I can't wait since I only have to wait one more year till I'm 16. I want to drive so frickin' badly.
[B]
4. What was your favorite birthday?[/B]
I'm not really sure if I have one. Now that I think back on it, I really didn't like any of them. I guess you could say that I want a birthday that would excite the hell out of me like going to Japan [like that'll happen], going on a shopping spree and buy whatever I want, anything fun.[/COLOR]

[B]1) Do you have birthday traditions?[/B]
Eh, I haven't really celebrated my birthday for two years because one of my best friends died and I attended his funeral on that day... So now, my birthday becomes a depressing time of the year. This sounds so emo and depressing, but I always go to the cemetary on my birthday and I leave him a card (since his birthday was only 2 weeks before mine)
On the happy side of it... My parents alwasy buy me either an ice cream cake or a cookie cake (I love both equally) and ever since they got our in-ground pool built they insist on me having a pool party for my birthday. It usually turns up being a back-to-school part held in early August because I don't feel like socializing on my birthday. Only bad part about that is that I don't get money, just people. (and a lot of them I don't invite and I absolutely despise)

[B]What was the best birthday present ever?[/B]
I actually don't recall ever getting anything except for money or gift cards. I guess when I was young I used to get toys and stuff, but once I hit 6th grade, it turned into money and then I would go out and buy the stuff I wanted. So I would say money but that's a little boring. One year, after ages of begging, my mom decided to let me get my eyebrow pierced. I guess that was the best...

[B]3) Has knowing your age ever given you a certain midnset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/B]
No. My age has alwasy been just that: A number. A lot of people tell me I'm mature for my age, and I feel like I am most of the time; I really had to grow up early. So even though I'm 17 now, it really is just another day. Time seems to fly by so fast, I usually find myself thinking, "how did I get so old so fast?" I think about how I used to play tag on the playground and that stuff and it seems like it was just a couple years ago and I surprise myself at how differently I act from back then... The only days that will really matter is my 18th, because I'm uber-political and I can't wait to vote in the 2008 elections. And then there's 21 because that's the day that I'll be free of underage anything laws... Not that I plan on going and getting wasted out of my mind, (although I'll probably get close) but I just hate having age laws that tell me I can't... I just bugs me even though I know they're there for a reason.

[B]4) What was your favorite birthday?[/B]
Sorry, can't remember. Ever since I was in Jr. High, it's alwasy just felt like another day to me so they've all become blurred into the day I get a lot of money for no apparent reason. I'm sure you could guess which one was my worst though...

[COLOR="DarkRed"]1. Do you have any birthday traditions?
The night before, I stay up and watch the night sky and wait till midnight. Then I go to bed. (July 3 is my birthday)

I used to go to my dad's friend's parents house for a July 4th party on the 3rd. We'd BBQ, shoot off fireworks, and play with sparklers. Now we just go out to dinner and friends give me presents before or after my actual birthday since everyone is busy celebrating Independence Day.

Life, yeah, that is the best present.

Seriously, probably going to California to see my aunt. I had Mongolian grill, Greek food, and Indian food. Yum!

3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain midnset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?
I am in denile the day before and then when it happens I just shrug it off

Probably turning my backyard into a water park with a slip and slide, water balloons, squirt guns, water frisbees, etc[/COLOR]

[COLOR=darkred]1. Me, my brother, and my sister each get to chose where we want to go out to for dinner, or just what dinner we want.

2. I got an Xbox 360 for my last birthday. Can't think of anything better than that that I've gotten for my birthday.

3. I turned 18 last January, so naturally I feel different now that I'm legally an adult. Now I can vote, smoke, and look at naked people! Whoooo! :animesmil

4. I guess this past one. None of my birthdays are all that memorable. I did have a birthday party when I turned 4 though. It was actually for both me and my brother, since his birthday's a week before mine. That was nice, and seeing as how it's pretty much the only birthday I remember despite being only 4, I'd say it was the best.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]First of all DB, Happy Birthday! ^_~ And now for the questions...

Well since my birthday is in October, the first to be exact, I always do something halloweenish for it. Usually it's in the form of a funky cake. And when I was younger I always had costume parties.

[B]2. What was your best birthday present ever? (if you say 'life' I'll slap you!)[/B]
Can't say, I've had lots of nice birthdays over the year. I think on of my favorites was when my brother took me off roading on my birthday, we spend nearly seven hours traversing a very difficult trail. It was tons of fun since the spot we went to is difficult to get to unless you have four wheel drive. It was such a nice and calm autumn day that I loved every minute of it.

[B]3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain midnset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/B]
Not really, I'm going to be 37 seven this year and it feels about the same as when I turned 20. About the only difference is I feel a bit more secure in where I'm going with life.

I think I already answered this with number two since my best present and day were the same. That off road trip was the best. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] My birthday is on Sunday. yay for me.

1. [B][U]Do You Have Any Birthday Traditions?[/B][/U]

not really, cos I used to move alot, but when we did stay somewhere, my parents let me invite my friends over, then we would play video games then, go out to where ever was intresting [this year I'm heading out to Las Vegas Blvd to chill at cirus circus]

2. [B][U] What Was Your Bes Birthday Present Ever?[/B][/U]

I got the Playstation 2 about a few months after it's launch, and now it's broken down on me, much like my last two x360s, but my ps2 lasted much longer, had it for six years.

3. [B][U]Has Knowing Your Age Ever Given You A Certain Mindset? Did You Ever Feel Like You'd Passed A Certain Rung Or Like You Had To Change?[/B][/U]

when I turned 14, I was like: "yes high school!", then I realised how hard it was, now when I age agin, I'm going to be all focused on what matters to me, like getting my priorities straightened out.

4. [B][U]What Was Your Favourite Birthday?[/B][/U]

when I went home to Oahu, Hawaii for two weeks, when I was like seven, I loved it, even though I had to go into the operating room the next day.[/SIZE]

During my time in London me and my friends had some odd Birthday traditions. Whoevers birthday it was got to mix and pick the alcohol, and decide who gets it first. There's also the danger of being thrown in the river, which isn't so good. Those are the only traditions I hold.

My best birthday present was an album, from my uncle a good few years ago. I must have been about 12. I don't really care much for presents and I don't get them much anymore, but the album got me started on my music taste. It was an old Manics album, you see.

Funny thing about age, half way through being 18 I realised I was turning into an adult and it was rather depressing. Then on my 19th Birthday, I had a party outdoors with my friends and we played spin the bottle. Yep, spin the ****ing bottle. Then I realised I'm probably the most childish adult I'll ever know!

My favourite birthday was definitely the last one. It lasted three days, somehow, which included a party with my friends on my Birthday, another with my family, and then another party because someone was getting married.

Needless to say the hang over was not so nice...

Guest acejin
1. i keep some special things in my closet during the eve of my birthday and then take them out next year of my birthday (really funny)
2. my very first flash drive given by my parents =)
3. yah, added more goals to life and the like... and one more yes to the next question
4. this year (2007) just turned 16!!!

[SIZE="1"]
Not really, aside from the basic cake, ice cream and presents. Which has changed slightly now that I'm older.

I got roller blades when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old. I was soo excited! I've gotten other extravagent gifts since, but I just remember how excited I was since I'd been wanting them.

Well of course I did. When I was 10 it seemed like a big deal, double digits baby! When I was 13 it was, I'm a teenager! 16, er I am legal to [i]get[/i] a license, but I didn't, so that wasn't much diffrent. Actually, when your a kid every age seems so much older. Remember the days when you would get into little arguments over your age with other kids. "How old are you?" "I'm 8." " I'm 9 so I'm older!"

But seriously, I'll be 21 this September, and I won't be changing much of anything, and it won't feel any diffrent. I don't drink, so it won't be a big deal for me. I voted in the 2004 election when I was eighteen, so I guess eighteen was a big deal.

Hm, I liked all of my birthdays, all great memories. Maybe I'll edit this later... [/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][B]1. Do you have any birthday traditions?[/B]
Not really, just the standard, cake & ice cream along with presents, a small party and such.

I wouldn't say I have a best birthday present ever... I've gotten a lot of fun things over the years. Like last year, I got a playstation2 and this year I got a bunch of anime DVD's and some new games for my playstation2. Since they were what a wanted, they were fantastic presents.

Oh I have to take that back, last year part of my present was finding out that I would get to go with SunfallE and her family to Yellowstone National park in the fall. That week in the park was unbelievably fun. :catgirl:

Not really. I thought one would feel different when they became a teenager, but nothing felt different. I'm fifteen now so I guess the next so-called milestone is turning sixteen and being old enough to drive and not be considered jail bait anymore [[SIZE="1"]though I don't care about that part XP[/SIZE]] Anyway, so I guess I'll find out if that makes me feel any different or not next year.

Getting to go with SunfallE to Yellowstone National park, even though I had to wait until the fall, finding out that I was going to get to go had me beyond hyper just waiting for the trip. So even though that trip wasn't on my actual 'birth' day so to speak, it was by far one of the funnest things I got to do. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]1. No, I never celebrated my birthday as a kid. My parents raised me as a Jehovah's Witness. I literally celebrated my birthday for the first time yesterday, the 10th.

2. See above. I only have a handful of presents to go on, lol.

3. I'm 19. I don't know if it is how I live or how I view things but from 14-19 has felt like an eternity. The pace has not increased with time or with work. Life might not be endless but, optimistically, I'm not near a 70-90 year old 'natural' death. I have to double what I've already lived to be near 40, then double that once over.

Nothing lasts forever but good times are still good times even with an ending.

4. Stop asking me questions I don't have an answer to.[/color]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Well hell yeah! It's tradition for me to make it a point to tell everyone when my birthday is (21st of August) so they can get me cool **** and worship me on the day (21st of August) I'm supposed to be worshipped on. As for tradition? Psh! Cake and Ice cream, stupid. People gathering for ME and giving presents to ME on MY birthday (21st of August)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Best birthday present ever? My goddamn car. Something some of you, either, kids or newbies don't not know nuffin' about. Get a car, losers![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[B]3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain mindset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/B]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Of course! I'm older so that means I get to boss around and make others who are not as old as me feel inferior and if they are older than me they have to be damn good looking or I make fun of them and call them a loser and a basement jockey, druggie, drunk, whore, you name it. I'm in the business of making others feel bad about themselves. Comes with age.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]My 18th birthday, of course. Who says their 16th is the best? Thats retarded. Everyone knows that the 18th birthday is the best. You're free, you're generally nearing the end of high school or are already out, you probably have a car (or should have one), possibly have a job and are making some scrilla, and your parents just gotta let you go do your own thing. Ah. Its good to be king.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

If everyone is up at midnight. My mom, little sister, and big brother would come in my room singing happy birthday. If they don't do that at midnight then they wake up in the morning singing happy birthday.

[B]2.What was your best birthday present ever? (if you say 'life' I'll slap you!) [/B]
I can't really think of one at the moment, but I usually get video games on my birthday. Actually my father calling me on my 17th birthday was cool.

[B]3.Has knowing your age ever given you a certain mindset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?[/B]
No, when I turned 16 there was nothing sweet about it. That wasn't a good time for me. Too much was going on. Plus it was that same year someone close to the family died and no one was in a celebrating mood. I am turning 18 on August 20 (Monday). I might feel a little different.

I don't have a favorite birthday, but I have a good feeling that my birthday this year is going to be my favorite.

[FONT="Arial Narrow"][COLOR="Green"]1. Do you have any birthday traditions?
Dinner with the family. Sometimes, my mom likes to make it a bigger affair with family coming over, but for the most part, I enjoy it when its just me and my immediate family.

2. What was your best birthday present ever?
Probably my full/queen bed. Its insanely comfortable, and after having slept on a small twin mattress on the floor for about 4 years, I was very grateful for it.

3. Has knowing your age ever given you a certain mindset? Did you ever feel like you'd passed a certain rung or like you had to change?
I was really disappointed when the knowledge of the universe didn't hit me when I turned 18. Other than that, I believe that you make your age most of the time. People will act hoe they wish, and I (hope) that the majority of folks here act how they wish, and not try to act in a certain way because they believe thats how they are supposed to act at whatever age they happen to be.

When I turned 8. I had the ultimate TMNT themed party ever. We're talking balloons, candy bags, pinata, birthday cake, the works. It was totally rad.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Yeah we ignore our birthdays after you turn 16 hehe. seriously tho it's always ice cream cake with a goofy looking thing on it. and the presents are half clothes or everyday things and half stuff i will never use..

Lets see i have to say the MP3 Player i got when i turned 16 thats baby has been with me 3 years now and has had to endure extreme testing hehe try dropping your I-pod in a sink or down a flight of stairs onto concrete or more personal favorite the time pulled it out my pocket and it flew out into the road and got rand over hehe still works great and only a few scratches no dents or missing parts....

Hmm well when i turned 17 i got depressed as hell thinking that i would seem different but when i turned 19 oh the fun i had hehe two year depression for 20 years of fun good bargain. Lets just say the party still hasn't stop and my birthday was on june 6th.

Hmm torn i Just LOVED my 17th birth with the Rio Chiba Mp3 Player which mind you i spent 3 hours puting songs on it that day after everyone left and was up till 4 in the morning. But my 19 birthday of good No gratz on another year old... cuz i never told them on the day it wasn't till the day after then the party really kicked up with a little bit of this and that for others and only tree and whiskey for me.

I was raised as a relatively conservative Muslim, so there really weren't any birthday parties, let alone traditions. On my 21st birthday my room mate and her then boyfriend took me to IHOP. At midnight, they informed the waiter it was my 21st birthday, and so he gave me a free ice cream sunday. Later that day my other friends took me to the local hookah bar and we hung out. That's what they did on my last birthday as well, so yeah. =]

Have you ever met anyone with the same birthday as yourself? I did, but only once. It was very random, and he was the icecream truck boy in a little nothing town in Pennsylvania.

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]It's my birthday tommorrow (today: festivities).[B] None of your birthdays are special enough to warrant a thread[/B], but half because I want to show off and half because I'm conceited, my birthday brings about discussion! I've got a ton of questions, too, to keep things interesting.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well it is quite late, but Happy Birthday just the same. Also, when you're my age hun, you don't want a thread to remind you of that fact. lol After all I'll be turning 50 next month. I swear, where does the time go? Anyway...

Not really, we usually just had some sort of gathering of family and friends. It was always very enjoyable though.

How about I slap you instead? One of my best birthday presents was one of my children who was born only a few days after my own birthday, it was very memorable to me and very special. I'll never forget it.

Different mindsets for me never happened due to my age but rather from a switch in my responsibilities. Getting married, having children. Things like that gave me a different mindset, not how old I was.

The one where I was expecting a baby, since it was possible he would be born on the same day I was, though all of those moments were special. When you have a kid that is. Other than that most of them have been about the same, other than one where I was sick and in the hospital recovering from surgery, that was probably the only birthday that I was unhappy about, though many of my friends and family all came to wish me well on my birthday just the same.