OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

So I went over my brother-in-law's (soon to be) house yesterday and we pretty much spent the entire day playing the Xbox 360. Majority of the games we played I didn't care for, but had fun anyway.

[b]Guilty Gear 2: Overture[/b] - We spent most of our time trying to beat the CPU in exhibition, and then I went into the story mode to see if we can unlock some characters, which we haven't or can't... I don't know. Either way, I hate how everything's been completely changed from fighting to some knock off version of Dynasty Warriors.

[b]Gears of War 2[/b] - Meh, I don't know why I have such a hard time getting use to the controls in this game. As far as I know it follows the same formula for other FPS on consoles. Left analog = move, Right analog = control camera, R= Trigger.. The camera was my biggest issue though. Tilt the right analog right I'm facing left and vice versa. Same with up and down.. That's hard for me. And while I find the stop and pop aspect interesting, I don't like it. I'm a gung-ho type person. I like to just run in with guns blazing and hope for the best. Nevertheless, it's an interesting game though.

[b]Soul Calibur 4[/b] - "Sigh" (We all know how I feel about SC, lol) Ringouts... While I didn't have many ringouts, I hate the fact that it's there. [/nitpick] We were having fun, sort of, granted I forgot how to play the game. It's been so long since I've last seen a Soul Calibur game. (It felt like it.) Graphically speaking, it's really good. Fighting, it's okay I guess. I don't know how much has changed since SC2, but I do know that I am still tired of the fighting.. That might be due to me favoring DoA's (simple) fast pace as well as getting use to the 2D fighters now.

He also had Infinite Undiscovery there, but I didn't get a chance to play it.

Edit: Gonna go back to playing Okami now.

[SIZE="1"][B]World of Warcraft - Wrath of the Lich King[/B]: In my opinion probably Blizzard's best expansion. BC was just horrible and didn't even compare to vanilla wow but wotlk has really taken this mmo up a few notches. Even the normal dungeon bosses are a lot more in depth and a lot less of a tedious tank and spank fight. Favourite Dungeon is Draktharon, favourite boss is Heigen the Unclean. Learning to "dance" was quite fun.

[B]The Last remnant[/B]: This game seems mainly to be marred by technical issues. I would have thought that being a square game they'd have tried to iron out issues with the Unreal 3 engine so as to create a smooth gameplay experience however this is not the case. The game occasionally suffers from lag or slow graphics rendering and is plagued by excessive loading times. Every time you enter a battle, a new area, a new cutscene, even occasionally when a cut scene changes location you have to go through load times. Other than that the gameplay and storyline are quite fun.

I've got a ton of other games I'm about half finished like [B]Lost Odyssey[/B], [B]Eternal Sonata[/B], [B]Blue Dragon[/B], and [B]Persona 3.[/B] just not enough time in the day.[/SIZE]

[B]Tales of the Abyss[/B], since I set it aside last year and never finished it. They've made an anime based on the game so I've started playing it again so when I watch the show it won't spoil the game. Only drawback, it's been long enough that I just started over since I couldn't remember what I was supposed to be doing.

I also got a copy of the Orange Box recently so I've also been playing [B]Portal[/B] a bit too. I've yet to try out the other games, but I'll get around to it I'm sure.

[b]Metal Gear Solid[/b] - I really need to get this on the gamecube. I didn't even get out of the first area and I'm freakin out, lol. Triangle as FPV... Man, that's hard to get use to. No shooting in FPV... Makes it even more scary.

[b]Metal Gear Solid 2[/b] - Wow, it's been so long since I've played this game. Difficulty setting on very easy and I got spotted right at the beginning.... I forgot how to play... Well, I didn't really forget how to play, I was trying to capture my first guard. I'm suppose to collect all the dog tags for [spoiler]infinite ammo and stealth camo[/spoiler]....

[b]Metal Gear Solid 3[/b] - I'm getting ready to start playing this again.

I don't know if MGS1 or 4 has it, but I know one thing I can't stand in MGS2 and 3 is where [spoiler]you're stripped of weapons, and have to rely on stealth.[/spoiler]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]The Rock has come back to The Otakuboards!

No, I'm not playing a wrestling game.

I'm actually power leveling a new toon to 60 with the refer a friend feature on World of Warcraft after making a new account so I can access the Wrath content faster. I'm very lazy, you see.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]If you smelllllllllll lelelelelelelel..... ¬_¬

Anyways, after a long stay over at a friend's house in Arizona, I got my first in depth look and chance to play [B]Street Fighter IV[/B]. The game is gonna be the next wave of SF goodness and while a lot of SF fans are turned off by it (the Third Strike people), the game is just fun. I would recommend you giving it a try when it comes out for consoles in February, because not all of us are that fortunate to have an arcade cabinet in their hometown.

I just got back into playing [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B] (:o) since people didn't even know I played it and it's been fun getting back into the game. I didn't play the other games in the series yet (lazy), but I really love this entry in the series and I can't help but think of Sangome when I play....lol.

Oh and Magus [spoiler] As far as I remember the only part in MGS1 that has the no weapons is when you're in the cell and the first part of the game when you're on the dock (in the PS1 version anyways)[/spoiler][/FONT]

Since school started I haven't been putting much time into games as much as I use to even though I do have the time, I just cut back, so to speak. I've been watching more tv than playing games.

Anyway, I've been bouncing back and forth between [b]Street Fighter Alpha 3[/b] and [b]Metal Gear Solid 2[/b].

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Playing on the easiest difficulty, yet had the hardest, yet funnest time trying to beat Bison. Of course I blame majority of my problems on my controller lol. It's real finicky. I've beaten the game as Ryu, Ken and Akuma so far. I think I might have the toughest time trying to beat it as Guy. He's too fast for his own good, and I forgot how to play as him. I just know he's my favorite character.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - I have the Essential Collection copy, and I'm freezing the bombs on the plant. If I recall, after [spoiler]meeting Vamp and Snake in that room which name escapes me at the moment[/spoiler] there was a codec call you would get in Sons of Liberty. And I think Rose ask if you'd want to save. On this copy, it's either been cut or I have to make the call myself... It's not important, nor is it bothersome. It's just something I noticed.

[font= franklin gothic medium] The hardest thing about Bison in A3 is that he throws his super (OMG SUPER PYSCHO CRUSHHAA) at random intervals and it's completely invincible on start-up, so even if you're in the middle of a crouching roundhouse, it will go right through him. If you get caught attacking or jumping, expect to eat about 2/3 of your bar's worth of damage. Heaven forbid you pick X-Ism too (WTF no air guard, nice going Capcom).

As far as Guy goes, it's just a matter of controlling WHAT do you do with him. You almost never want to do his running move (QCF K I believe) unless you're full screen or 3/4 screen, because the time intervals between when you throw the initial move and when you pick the move for the mixup (the throw, the sweep, or the overhead kick) is quite large. Guy is best in V-Ism, as are most characters. With Guy, all you really have to do is find a point to activate, beat the initial surge of their move (most likely a mashed one) and do his Variable combos (Guy has 3). I would tell you them, but I don't really play Guy too often to remember them. I know it involves canceling his shoulder/elbow until you reach the corner and then you can hit the pseudo hurricane kick motion while in the corner. [url="http://forums.shoryuken.com"] Shoryuken.com[/url] has a great section for the Alpha series, so give that a look. [/font]

For a change, I played Xenosaga Episode I: Chikara he no Ishi on the PS2. I seriously bought the pre-owned on Play-Asia yet it looked new to me so not bad for 25 bucks!

[spoiler]Anyways, I had to do the things that I worked out on the US version of the same game. So far, I have all 15 mails (including the secrets) and been spending hours leveling up Shion to 11 for the sake of Shock Blade/Slot Shoot. I even enhance her stats before leveling up so as her Spell Ray (level 5, HI Slot). The main source of grinding? The AGWS simulator. Seems that there's no point of using AGWS throughout the game. Hell, I even smacked Ace Pilot's second phase without using AGWS which was brutal yet the damage was overwhelming. Never knew grinding with Shion ONLY (if she's the only one in the party, I keep all the party alive) was fun. Even that scenario where she and KOS-MOS will find MOMO on Kukai Foundation...oh hell yeah, it's grinding time for me!![/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I've been on a Tales binge recently. I found a translation patch for the PS1 version of Phantasia, and I'm pretty much done. All I have left in the main game is Dhaos's Castle.

There are some pretty interesting differences between this and the GBA version. I think I prefer this one, since the overworld is full 3D and incredibly pretty. Dhaos seems significantly harder in this one, too. At least Past and Present. Haven't fought Future yet.

Another thing that's nice is they removed the Urchins from the Morlia Mines. One hit kills and you need items to beat them? No thank you.

Of course, we still get Banshees in exchange. I hate those beam-spamming cheapos.[/FONT]

Well, I have been playing The Witcher: Extended Edition.

[SIZE="4"]OH GOD ITS HEAVEN[/SIZE]

A wonderfully crafted storyline, amazing graphics that runs near perfectly on my midlined system, good dialogue, interesting characters, and of course, the setting.

Guys, if you have a PC, and can play it, get The Witcher! RPGs have changed forever. We'll look back on this and remember it as the classic it was, and scorn Bethesda for making Oblivion.

Currently, I am playing:

[B]Persona 3 FES[/B]: I am finally finishing the whole persona 3 story with The Answer also. The Answer in this game is pretty hard and it was interesting too. So far I'm excited to finally past the game on beating the final boss and I'm hoping to watch the anime too.

[B]Persona 4[/B]: I love this game! Right now i've only got in about maybe 4-8 hours of gameplay in the game so far. Anyway, this game has some kind of death note element going on in the game and has some trippy stuff too. So I hope to continue playing this game even more after I finish playing Persona 3 FES.

[B]The Last Remnant[/B]: I wanna keep playing this game, but so far I'm really busy with my other games. I haven't got a chance to played it more even when I bought it. This game is good so far to me, but I am stuck fighting a Hell's Gate and I seem to lose to him almost alot to him. I'm gonna start playing this game again as soon as I'm finish playing my other games.

[B]Prince of Persia[/B](Xbox 360): I've only bought this game last week and I really like it. So far, I 've just finish off one of the evil minion and it was The Alchemist and he is some what of a pain. Anyway, everything in this game is pretty and I hope to play it more too.

[B]Counter Strike[/B](Xbox): Headshots, camping, awping someone, shanking someone, and planting C4, what good old fun times I had back then. I'm still playing this for old time sakes and its still fun no matter what. I haven't played this game in a few years now, and its very fun even right now.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid']Currently, I am playing:

[B]Persona 3 FES[/B]: I am finally finishing the whole persona 3 story with The Answer also. The Answer in this game is pretty hard and it was interesting too. So far I'm excited to finally past the game on beating the final boss and I'm hoping to watch the anime too.[/QUOTE]

I still need to finish this game. Whenever my JRPG addict of a friend comes over, I tell him I'll finish it by the time he comes over again.

And then I am still stuck in August by the next time I drag his butt over.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid'][B]Persona 4[/B]: I love this game! Right now I've only got in about maybe 4-8 hours of gameplay in the game so far. Anyway, this game has some kind of death note element going on in the game and has some trippy stuff too. So I hope to continue playing this game even more after I finish playing Persona 3 FES.[/QUOTE]

I probably [I]should[/I] get this game while I still can, but in the end, I probably won't even finish it, so you could surmise that it would be wasted money. Phooey. :/

[quote name='Blitz_Kid'][B]The Last Remnant[/B]: I wanna keep playing this game, but so far I'm really busy with my other games. I haven't got a chance to played it more even when I bought it. This game is good so far to me, but I am stuck fighting a Hell's Gate and I seem to lose to him almost alot to him. I'm gonna start playing this game again as soon as I'm finish playing my other games.[/quote]

Meh, I have been cured of the S-E bug a long time ago. The age when SquareSoft made good games passed shortly after the PSX-N64 era came into existence.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid'][B]Prince of Persia[/B](Xbox 360): I've only bought this game last week and I really like it. So far, I 've just finish off one of the evil minion and it was The Alchemist and he is some what of a pain. Anyway, everything in this game is pretty and I hope to play it more too.[/quote]

Oh god YES. This is my GOTY. This is such a good game. I love nearly everything about it.

Just don't expect a hard game. You never die, there is far too much use of the jump pads, and the difficulty never truly increases.

But I had so much fun, I just can't deny it.

[quote name='Blitz_Kid'][B]Counter Strike[/B](Xbox): Headshots, camping, awping someone, shanking someone, and planting C4, what good old fun times I had back then. I'm still playing this for old time sakes and its still fun no matter what. I haven't played this game in a few years now, and its very fun even right now.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.hlcomic.com/comics/concerned041.jpg[/IMG]

So 2 days ago, I started playing Fate/Unlimited Codes on the PS2. Capcom somehow made a good job making it through though.

[spoiler]Mission Mode wasn't funny, inputting combos made my thumb sore like hell, and I still have more characters to unlock even the other modes too. Good game all in all. But the inputs on making combo are practically slow neither doing it fast of slow still has its bad effect...or maybe it's just me I'm not playinh any fighting games for the past few months...[/spoiler]

[SIZE="1"]Finally managed to get my hands on a PS3 yesterday so I've finally been able to see if [B]Star Wars: The Force Unleashed[/B] was worth all the hype LucasArts had built up around it as being the best SW game ever made.

Unfortunately the answer after seven and a half hours and one successful light-side completion is a big no which makes me wish that George would stop prostituting the series and leave it in the hands of companies like Bioware who've shown they know how to actually make a good SW game.[/SIZE]

I was trying to play [b]Dragon Quest 8[/b], but with my ps2 on the fringe I might not be able to play anything for quite some time. My games keep freezing up even though they're practically new games, and I can't even watch movies on the thing. I've cleaned it with that air spray stuff.

Anyway, I left off right at the beginning pretty much. I was heading in Kalderasha's house. (After meeting his daughter)

I've had the game for a long time, but I've never bothered to finish it for some reason, and the last time I did play it I was in Ascantha, I think. I know Angelo was in my party and I was just getting use to the Alchemy Pot.

In any case, it is one of my favorite games on the ps2.

I'm still waiting for my copy of Persona 4 to arrive in the mail.

My brother-in-law brought my sister a Xbox 360 and 9 games for christmas (just gotta wait for them to arrive), and one of those games being Ninja Gaiden 2. (YES, I get to finish what I've started) So I'm gonna be mooching off of my sister's 360 for quite some time. I'll also be trackin down Devil May Cry 4, Halo 3, and Tales of Vesperia.

I suppose now my eyes are set on getting either a PSP or PS3 now. Final Fantasy: Dissidia looks too good to pass up on. I've been stalking MGS4 lately... Just lookin at clips here and there wishing I was playing it. And then FFXIII Versus has had my attention since the first trailer. Hearing that the gameplay/battle system will be similar to Kingdom Hearts is right up my alley.

[B][U]Gears of War 2[/U][/B](Xbox 360)- lately I've been playing this game on my Xbox 360 in multiplayer mode with a bunch of bots and it is fun. I already pass the single player mode and it was interesting.

[B][U]Disgaea DS[/U][/B](Nintendo DS)- I've been also lately playing this game on my own time and just try to level up my character and stuff. Currently, I'm trying to get the sixth character model for each of my created character like my male healer, male brawler, knight, thief, samurai, ninja, and etc.

Well this is what I'm also currently playing beside the other one that I posted on the other day. If I'm playing something else bedise these new games lately, I'll tell you on my next post here.

My list of X360 games to buy list has been shortened.

Turns out that we have:
[size=1]Gears of War 2 (I believe we have 1 as well)
Guilty Gears 2: Overture
Soul Calibur 4
[b]Ninety-Nine Nights[/b]
[b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b]
[b]Tales of Vesperia[/b]
[b]Infinite Undiscovery[/b]
Enchanted Arms **[/size]

I haven't started playing anything as of yet, but I think for the next month or 2 (maybe 3) my time will be spent playing [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] (of course). Last time I played it, I got a hold of the Scythe, but I like the Dragon's Claw and Tiger fang over it.

I'll try out [b]Ninety-Nine Nights[/b]. Dynasty/Samurai Warriors are pretty much guilty pleasures of mine. I don't think I'll ever grow tired of playing them. Anyway, NNN looks a lot like that game, so I want to try it out.

[b]Tales of Vesperia[/b] is a given. Despite my frustrations in a certain lead character in Tales of the Abyss, I still had a blast playing the game. I hear that the lead character in this one is way better than Luke. I haven't seen much in terms of gameplay, but I can only imagine that it's either similar or better than that of TotA.

[b]Infinite Undiscovery[/b] is something I don't know much about. I saw a trailer. Thought it looked good. Want to try it out.

[i]Enchanted Arms[/i] is one I'm a little iffy about. X-play said something about it, but I can't remember what it was. I just know it made me iffy.

My ps2 is pretty much shot at the moment. (Warranty was already used) Not much I can really do about it either. (I'm not exactly savvy when it comes to taking electronics apart either.) I'm thinking about tossing it for some games... Mainly Zelda: Twilight Princess (Cube version), Dead or Alive 4, Halo 3, or Devil May Cry 4. We'll see when the time comes.

[quote name='Magus']
[b]Tales of Vesperia[/b] is a given. Despite my frustrations in a certain lead character in Tales of the Abyss, I still had a blast playing the game. I hear that the lead character in this one is way better than Luke. I haven't seen much in terms of gameplay, but I can only imagine that it's either similar or better than that of TotA.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]I totally vouch for the lead character blowing Luke out of the water. Out of all the Tales games I've played thus far [Phantasia, Symphonia and its sequel, Legendia, Abyss, and now this], Yuri is easily the most likable lead character out of the lot.

As for the battle system, it's not much different from Abyss', at least, as far as I can tell.

Anyways, as for what I'm playing right now, [B]Vesperia[/B] is a given. I'm also tackling on [B]Abyss'[/B] second playthrough, and [B]Tales of Symphonia 2[/B]. ToS2 is rather meh right now, though. As a stand-alone game, it's decent, but as a Tales game, it sucks. Hardly representative of the rest of the series.

I'm also playing [B]Soul Calibur IV[/B] at some intervals. Awesome game, addicting as frick, too.[/SIZE]

Currently I am playing [B]Monster Hunter Freedom 2[/B], fun game and I hope that some of my friends will join me on a quest together soon. This game is actually fun and somethime the monster can be a real pain. Overall, this game remind me of games you play online like almost WoW or GW.

I'm still playing [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B]. I think I'm close to beating it but I'm not sure. I had wanted to finish it before I started school again but didn't quite make it. o_O I got side tracked by some quests that took a whole lot longer than I expected them too. I got some great experience for my characters but one area was like they were on drugs when they came up with it. Seriously.

Hmmm... right now I am playing [B]Persona 4[/B] for the PS2, which I am having some fun with. For the PS3 I am still going strong with [B]Little Big Planet[/B], but have lowered my playing of [B]Eternal Sonata[/B]. For the Wii I am playing [B]Animal Crossing[/B] and started to play [B]Mario Kart[/B] again. My DS has [B]Final Fantasy Tactics A2[/B] inside and [B]Dragon Quest IV[/B] is waiting for its turn.

[SIZE="2"]Recently, The only Game that has Held my attention is Far Cry 2..
Soon I hope to be buying LittleBigPlanet for a New kind of experience and to finally put my PS3 to use since MGS4.

Haha, But maybe not, Left 4 Dead and FC2 are keeping me pretty occupied.
:animesmil [/SIZE]