OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

I need to get my hands on some money so I can get some DS games... (Castlevania mainly)

Anyway, I'm playing [b]Zelda: Ocarina of Time[/b]. It's been a long time since I've played this game (I'm actually surprised that the old and busted N64 still works... Goldeneye007 here I come.), and I pretty much left off at a bad spot. The dreaded spot I hate the most in this game... The friggin water temple. Good thing I didn't start anything because I'd be lost on what to do.

Went fishing and caught a 19 pound fish... I think the largest I caught was 20.. [spoiler]I don't know if Link is short as an adult but to see a fish that's the same size as him....[/spoiler] I don't know if I'd ever go fishing there lol.

I think I found 33 of those spider things. I can't remember everything that I've already accomplished. I've never found everything, or rather collected everything. Sometimes I'd try to collect all the heart pieces but some of those require playing those games that I'm no good in and I tend to avoid them altogether.

I wonder where was the last place I left off on Majora's Mask.... I know I've never beaten that game at all.

The last game I played was Chrono Cross, for Playstation. I didn't play all the way through, but the game is beautiful, graphically, and musically.

With the other system at I own, the PSP, I played the remake of Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion. It's one of the first remakes that actually improved something without destroying something else.

I have an Xbox 360, but I rarley play it, only when I see something ineresting enough. Seems like RPGs (my favorite type of game), although becoming more visually stunning, are lacking what games like FFVII - FFX, All Breath of Fire II - IV, and others, had that made you want to play more.

I know things change, but I think they should at least just make one traditional RPG, nothing overly complex, with the modern graphics, but old(er) character design.

I swayed from the topic once again, sorry.

Update: Currently not actively playing [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b].
Reason for this is: I'm on a classic .hack kick right now, and I've been wanting to replay the original .hack games anyway, so... I did just that. I finished [b].hack//INFECTION[/b] within a week (took about 20 hours) and I'm in the middle of [b].hack//MUTATION[/b]. It's been quite fun, definitely worth it to take a break from Tales to play it. I've discovered something new for sure: I really like Gardenia. She's so cool. <3

I recently played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [URL="http://fuzakenna.com/2009/06/22/uncharted-drakes-fortune-review-digging-for-fun-and-striking-gold/"](you can read my review of it here[/URL]) which is easily one of my new alltime favorites, and in fact the first game I've EVER beaten to 100% completion. What really made the game for me was the large-scale shoot-outs where you really needed to strategize, conserve ammo, and figure out exactly what you were going to do in what order, especially on Crushing difficulty. I would love to continue playing, which is why I'm glad the second game is coming soon and will feature multiplayer :D

Besides that, I played about halfway through Infamous, which is pretty okay, and have just started on Xenogears, which shows promise already.

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]After, basically, selling all of my consoles for various reason I reacquired a PS2 in boredom. Since I work at GameStop, I set about grabbing up some PS2 games that I had yet to play.

[B]Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne[/B]
I haven't played much of it yet, but it seems to be pretty neat. Lots of demons, strange tales, a punishing yet rewarding battle system. And Dante. Still looks pretty, despite it's age.

[B]Okami[/B]
Okay, let's be honest; this game is beautiful. It's so vibrant, and it has so much style.
It's also a Zelda clone. Sortakinda. I don't hate it, but if it doesn't pick up soon I'm not sure I'll ever end up beating it. Less talk, more rock. Let's go.
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

What I'm currently playing is:

[B]Tales of vesperia[/B]

Currently up to the Heracles. Loving this game however my only fault is the fact that only 1 character can really heal. Karol has a healing spell and I think one or two of the other characters but they're pretty much useless compared to Estelle.

[B]Ghostbusters[/B]

I don't usually get games based on movies but this is like being on crack. Awesome oneliners. A completely new script that makes reference to the original films, and sliming all the ghosts you want XD

Well I beat [b].hack//Outbreak[/b] tonight. I'll be moving on to Quarantine, the final volume of the game series, tomorrow (technically today, I suppose) after I've finished up some minor sidequest stuff in Outbreak.

I must say... replaying these games has cemented in me the fact that the first generation .hack was indeed better than the second. Both IMOQ and G.U. are loads of fun, but the former just has an all-around better story, honestly. (I still love G.U. to pieces, though.)

Well I'm playing:

The Bouncer-PS2 (Gorgeous game =])

Dante's Inferno-XBOX 360 (God of War/Prince of Persia copycat =/ pretty boring and repetitive)

UFC-PS3 (lol, I just love this game, I'm planning on beating every and each one of the enemies till I quit this game)

Trine-PC

Right Now V
WWE SmackDown Vs. RAW 2009 (PS2,PS3,PSP)

Current Wrestler-DANTE From Devil May Cry

Capcom Vs. SNK (PsOne)

Kensei-Sacred Fist (PsOne)

Tekken 3 (PsOne) and 5 (PS2)

The Sims 2 (PS2,PC)

Dance Dance Revolution X (PS2,PC)

Grand Theft Auto III (Play As GOKU) Vice City (Play As Undertaker). (PC)

And Sim City 4.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Just as another reference, let's avoid listing games in this thread. It doesn't generate discussion.

But while I'm here, I've been playing a lot of [b]inFamous[/b]. The last SandBox game I played was Crackdown and while that was a neat idea, some of the execution of it was pretty lame. The lack of mission variety was really something I was diassapointed in. That's where this title comes in. inFamous has a decent storyline and all the characters in the game interact well. The powers are interesting and the sheer amount of things you can do is a nice touch. I like how the game recognizes the properties of metal. If someone's in the water and you shock the water, it conducts. If they're next to a metal object, it will conduct. That's nice to see that the game developers are taking the time to put those things into the game.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Got bored of [B]Nocturne[/B] pretty quickly. Not because it was hard or anything, though it wasn't easy but because I had played it before. They called it [B]Persona 3[/B]... and [B]Digital Devil Saga[/B]. I know those games came out after [B]Nocturne[/B] but I had played them first so it was already old and tired.

On a whim I grabbed [B]Grandia 3[/B] and I'll have to admit it's the most fun I've had with an RPG in a while. Since [B]Rogue Galaxy[/B]. It's light-hearted without being foolish, the battle system is fast paced and you can cancel your opponents moves before they make them if you strike quickly enough. It's enjoyable.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]At the moment I'm playing Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII.

Although it had positive reviews I was sort of expecting a FFVII cash-in. This game has really surprised me though - it's incredibly well directed, the story so far is decent and the battle system is rather cool (save for the slightly weird DMW thing).

Definitely a must for anyone who enjoyed FFVII (or who enjoys RPGs in general really - admittedly this one has more in common with FFXII than something like FFVII itself though).[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
Lately I have been playing Flash games I play on a site called [url]www.Kongregate.com[/url]

with simple games like this :::::
[url]http://www.kongregate.com/games/Pacres/zombie-apocalypse[/url]

and assortment of others, that one is simple.

When I'm not on the computer I prefer any game, Lately RE5

Where to start...

First off I am playing Kingdom Hearts 2 on my PC. I own the game mind you and I own a PS2 but I have no TV so I need to play it on my Laptop until I can get a TV.

As well as Team Fortress 2 (SO MUCH BLOOD!) An amazing first person shooter that is very cartoony and holds a lot of humour in it regardless of the simple fact that whichever team you are on you kill the other team.

Left 4 Dead: As well another amazing F.P.S. That I have so far enjoyed the purchase of 14 dollars (Gotta love those random discounts on Steam) A fun survival against the Zombies. Lately someone made a Legend of Zelda map (You might like it Des if you are still around here :P)

Dawn of War Titles: There really isn't one that hasn't taken my time away.

World of Goo: A fun and amusing puzzle game that consists with, Goo of course.

Fallout 3: Very fun R.P.G./Action game, the Fallout series has not failed me in entertainment.

Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion: Same as the before mentioned R.P.G./action game.

There are way too many games to continue on from here, also to clarify, yes these games are all on my Laptop :) I love my new baby.

[FONT="Tahoma"]I've recently gotten some more time to dedicate to gaming. I've been enjoying getting back on [b]Marvel vs Capcom 2[/b] since it's release on Live. Essentially reminds me of the dreamcast release, though I have to say I appreciated the smoother controls of the DC version. Perhaps it is just the aged condition of my 360 controller however, I have had the same one since I got the system and it has seen a considerable amount of usage.

I just finished [b]Too Human[/b] for 360 and going through it a second time for some achievements, and I honestly have to say it is a severely underrated game. The controls are less than stellar as it pertains to combat and movement, awkward at times and less than perfectly responsive, however it is hardly enough to taint the enjoyment of a humble title with an ambitious story and presentation. The character customization in terms of armor and weapons is seemingly endless even through a new game+, it's fun to see the appearance of Baldur after every upgrade and mix and matches. The dialogue and voice acting are very strong IMO as well, both doing a fine job of getting me into the cut scenes and story. The game has a lot of notable strong points in places where it counts, despite falling a bit short of higher expectations of a current gen release.

I play [b]Left 4 Dead[/b] and [b]CoD4[/b] every now and then when my friends are game. That blasted "barf bagged" achievement keeps eluding me ever so closely :animeangr.

For PSP I'm playing through [b]FFVII: Crisis Core[/b] for my first time and am extremely impressed thus far. It inspires old feelings reminiscent of the original game and combines new ones as well. Story is great so far, visual presentation is fantastic, and the combat system is cool once you get adjusted and into the groove. [/FONT]

[quote name='Affliction'][FONT="Tahoma"]

For PSP I'm playing through [b]FFVII: Crisis Core[/b] for my first time and am extremely impressed thus far. It inspires old feelings reminiscent of the original game and combines new ones as well. Story is great so far, visual presentation is fantastic, and the combat system is cool once you get adjusted and into the groove. [/FONT][/QUOTE]

To follow up on that previous comment. I just recently bought a PSP and Crisis Core. The reasons for me to decide to buy a PSP however falls entirely on two different games, Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth and the upcoming (hopefully) Kingdom Hearts game that is coming out on the PSP (hopefully in North America as well)

So far I am impressed with Crisis Core as well as the remake of Valkyrie Profile. As well as many of the features that are on the PSP.

[COLOR="Lime"]I've been playing The Conduit, Dead Rising, and Castlevania: Judgment, all for the Wii. I've been playing Pokemon Blue for the GB as well.

Conduit is so addictive, Pm me if you want to be friends on Conduit. I'll give you my code, you give me yours.[/COLOR]

So I've tried playing [b]Halo 3[/b] for the first time 3 days ago. That game feels funny, especially considering the last shooting game that I've played was Gears of War 2. I know dual guns are old and all, but wow, shooting with the L button feels entirely too weird. (God knows how long it's been since I've played Halo 2.) Anyway, my brother-in-law also bought [i]Halo Wars[/i] and I have no intention on playing that game at all.

[size=1]I can't find Tales of Vesperia (RAGE!!!). I'd like to finish playing that game since I have a break coming up.[/size]

[quote name='Magus']So I've tried playing [b]Halo 3[/b] for the first time 3 days ago. That game feels funny, especially considering the last shooting game that I've played was Gears of War 2. I know dual guns are old and all, but wow, shooting with the L button feels entirely too weird. (God knows how long it's been since I've played Halo 2.) Anyway, my brother-in-law also bought [i]Halo Wars[/i] and I have no intention on playing that game at all.

[size=1]I can't find Tales of Vesperia (RAGE!!!). I'd like to finish playing that game since I have a break coming up.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color="lime"] I had the same thing happen to me! It's strange with the L button, it took me an hour just to get used to it. I'd say Gears is better by a small margin. Both are still great games.[/color]