OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[SIZE=1]Currently trundling my way through the Game of the Year edition of [B]Fallout 3[/B], given it was cheaper and quicker than downloading the expansions from Microsoft (something of a curiosity that). [I]Operation: Anchorage[/I] while not really in keeping with the spirit of Fallout was an entertaining diversion, more FPS than RPG, the final resolution of[I] The Pitt [/I]left me in quite a moral quandary and the sooner I finished [I]Mothership Zeta[/I] the happier I'll be. I'm certainly hoping [I]Broken Steel[/I] and [I]Point Lookout[/I] will make the price paid a little more tolerable.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=navy]I'm probably a bit overleveled for where I'm at right now. I found out about a spot where you can level up quite a bit, and when I got there (the alley in Junon where the soldiers are going through drills) and saw how fast my characters were leveling up I couldn't stop, especially when I had some equipment with double growth.

Cloud - 44 (might be lvl 45)
Aeris 43 (might be lvl 44)
Vincent - 42
Barret - 41
Everyone else - 33-35 (I haven't even looked at Cid's lvl yet)

I have a lot of materia that're level 2 or higher. One mastered but I sold it. (I don't like the Seal Materia) I have over 400,000 gil. (O_O)

I think I stopped at Bone Village.

I do have some of my favorite games coming in the mail. Should arrive by Tuesday or Wednesday.[/size][/color]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I picked up [B]Blazblue[/B], finally. Few things I want to mention.

-Online for this game is hit or miss. I have only found a handful of players who knew what they were doing.
-The damage scaling (or lack thereof) in this game is retarded. Tager can do half damage combos off of one throw. Ouch.
- Nu is retarded.
-The artistry in this game is goregeous. The game is very pretty[/FONT].[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][B]Assassin's Creed 2[/B], rented it on Monday and was rather amused to find it wrapped under the tree from my parents this morning. Finished it a few hours ago after...40 something hours (addicted to exploring, hunting down treasure, races, assassinations, making money, in other words every sidequest available). Very enjoyable game overall and I have to admit I'm really rather hooked on the story so I think I'll have to rent the original game to see the story of Altair first hand.[/SIZE]

[color=navy]I just beat Metal Gear Solid 2 on VE (I know, I'm a wimp lol). I was doing pretty good on the Normal difficulty setting for a while, and eventually I will get back to it, but all the node logins was becoming annoying.

I'll probably start playing either Metal Gear Solid 3 or Devil May Cry 3 next. Maybe both. Who knows... I should try to find a place that sell Okami for a cheap price since I never finished the game and was really liking the feel and look of the game. [/color]

Got some new games for Christmas, so I've been playing those instead.

I'm working on [b]Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney[/b] and [b]Tales of Vesperia[/b] right now. With the former, I've gotten through the first three cases and am planning on completing the game (or at least starting on the final case) tomorrow. I love the AA games, so much so that I've never been able to pace myself in playing them. It's always, "Beat it within three days of getting it, HURRY!"

Anywho, in regards to the latter (ToV), I just got out of Ehmead Hill and UGH was that ever an annoying boss fight. That stupid wolf thing. :/ It really sucks 'cause the way the story had progressed made it impossible for me to go back and leave the area so I could train somewhere BETTER, or even more importantly get restocked on items.
But in general the game has been very fun and I'll be playing the heck out of it until school starts.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]I finally got my own current gen console with my Xbox 360 I got for Christmas. I also got [B]Gears of War [/B]2 and [B]Mirror's Edge[/B].

With [B]Gears[/B], I already had some experience playing at my friend's house online, but never actually got through the single player mode. I'm about halfway through Act 3 right now, but will continue as soon as I get mt copy I accidentally left at my girlfriend's house. I also have to get a controller soon for her, so we can play co-op together.

As for [B]Mirror's Edge[/B], I am actually pretty surprised with how much fun I'm having with it. I'm about halfway through, and I'll prob give my final impression later on when I finish.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue][FONT=Verdana]I'm playing [COLOR=Red]Disgaea 2[/COLOR][/FONT]right now[/COLOR],[COLOR=Blue] hence my icon. I love prinnies, even though I never use monster characters. After that I've got [COLOR=Red]Disgaea 3[/COLOR], [COLOR=Magenta]Tales of Symphonia[/COLOR], [COLOR=DarkOrchid]Grim Grimoure[/COLOR] (is that spelled right? Im not sure) and some older [COLOR=SeaGreen]Final Fantasy[/COLOR] games. The only FF games I've played are X, X-2, and XII and I didn't stick with any of them. My boyfriend says the older ones are better, so I'm gonna play VI when I finish everything else.
[/COLOR]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Well, since Christmas has come and gone, I've got a new load to tackle.

First off, I'll start by saying that on New Years Eve, I made it my goal to finally beat [B]Final Fantasy VII[/B] this decade. [Stop laughing]. I was at the very end with fights with Sephiroth and Jenova in the Northern Crater [and no, that does not need a spoiler :|] for the longest time...and I managed to beat it in the hour just before the new year. Hee.

And as for what I'm playing now:

[B]Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box:[/B] Hooray, time to make me feel stupid!! Regardless, I love this series, with its lighthearted, European charm. And one pleasant surprise is more voice acting: the previous game only had voice acting for the animated cutscenes and after the puzzles. Now most of the spoken dialogue has voice acting, which is welcome by me.

[B]Super Mario RPG:[/B] Not played much of it yet, but I'm happy to finally own this thing, in legal format to boot [albeit downloaded off the Virtual Console].

[B]Sin and Punishment:[/B] A recommendation by Alla some time back, and I'm glad I took it into consideration. Not played much of it either, but I definitely enjoy what I have played so far. My gripes so far, though, is with the rather hard-to-remember control scheme [though I'll get used to it], and the graphics. I can appreciate them trying to go for a realistic with an anime touch, but it just looks...kinda odd with the N64 graphics. o_O But I love shooting things like no tomorrow, and I rather like the music as well.

[B]Super Paper Mario:[/B] This...is probably going to wind up as my favorite Wii title. I was able to briefly play it a year or so ago, but I actually own it now, and I'm glad I do. I've always been a super huge fan of Paper Mario, and this is no exception. I love being able to flip around into 2D and 3D to find all the little secrets around, and the gameplay never seems to get stale and boring. And like the other entries, the characters are extremely diverse and colorful, which is always welcome. Pop culture references abound as well, but they never feel contrived or stale, and overall it's just a fun as heck game that everyone needs to play.

[B]New Super Mario Bros. Wii:[/B] Oh sweet nostalgia. ;_; This is good if you don't feel like playing anything story-intensive, as always. It combines features from most of the 2D Mario games and adjsdkf so much fun. I need to play more of it.

Annnd on the Sony front...I got me a new PSP. And these:

[B]Dissidia: Final Fantasy:[/B] Admittedly I've not played some of the FF titles represented here, but I'm loving it regardless. Very fun combat, and all the references to the games are quite awesome. Square knows how to cater to the fans [when they're not horribly milking certain titles, that is...]

And on the subject of milking...

[B]Crisis Core: FFVII:[/B] Bought this for myself on New Year's Day. While I've been disappointed with most of the Compilation stuff so far, I'm quite liking this a lot. Zack's a fun character [though I'm trying not to become too attached to him, due to his foregone conclusion], and it's awesome getting to run around for Shinra, as much of a terrible company they are. My inner fangirl is pleased at seeing good guy!Sephiroth, too. >> ... however, I freaking HATE Genesis. Guh, annoying little pest. Next time he quotes Loveless, I'm throwing him out a window. :|[/SIZE][/FONT]

After getting a few new games for my 360 it died. I think somethin happened to it when we moved. Anyway got a new one and knocked out Assassins Creed 2 in about two days. REALLY liked it!

Also been kinda rotating through some of the games we picked up. Onechanbara, Prototype, and The Darkness (Mike Patton is awesome in that <3). Husband also grabbed me a copy of Modern Warfare so I can play with pretty much everyone I know who has it on 360. And we also finally got ODST. So now Im overloaded on games lol! Fine by me till I can get a job again anyway.

[quote name='desertphoenix'][COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]
As for [B]Mirror's Edge[/B], I am actually pretty surprised with how much fun I'm having with it. I'm about halfway through, and I'll prob give my final impression later on when I finish.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[B]Mirror's Edge[/b] is an awesome game, I still pull it out every now and again to play the time trials. Sometimes I'll just fly through the game if I am bored. I

I picked up [B]Bayonetta[/b] yesterday. So far I enjoy it, but the load times are a little bit of a pain (I read that this is only a problem on the PS3 version, so if you buy it for the 360 you should be kosher). The main character is really fun though, like a hot chick version of Dante from the DMC series. It is taking me a little while to learn to cope with the speed of the game though.

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud']I picked up [B]Bayonetta[/b] yesterday. So far I enjoy it, but the load times are a little bit of a pain (I read that this is only a problem on the PS3 version, so if you buy it for the 360 you should be kosher). The main character is really fun though, like a hot chick version of Dante from the DMC series. It is taking me a little while to learn to cope with the speed of the game though.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=darkred]I like what I've hearing about Bayonetta. I'm not a fan of all the sexual poses and whatnot, but from what I've seen with the trailers and stuff, I can definately look past that. I read something from someone else that made it sound like it was a cross between Ninja Gaiden and Devil May Cry. That definately made my ears perk up. I can't get the game now, but I'm definately looking forward to playing it some day.

I did beat [b]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater[/b] on Friday. I did end up getting a couple of game overs a couple of times because I either forgot how to do something or I was doing something stupid. The next time I play it, I will try my hands with the normal difficulty. "Deep breath" (I'm scared of what The Boss is going to put me through)

I know I once stated that I was done with the RPG genre for a little bit, but that's not going to last long at all because I beat these games that I own entirely too fast, and I'd end up getting bored with them fairly quickly. So for the time being while I continue playing [b]Devil May Cry 3[/b], I'll be trying to get my hands on some money so I can get [i]Persona 3 and Persona 4[/i]. My brother-in-law will be sending me [i]Dragon Quest 8[/i] so I'll get a chance to attempt to finish up my favorite rpg.

While I'm on the subject of RPG's, has anyone ever played the Ar Tonelico, Disgaea (I'm not a fan of S/TRPGs, but I wanna try something different), and Atelier Iris games? I'm also curious about Mana Khemia. I was checking out some clips and each of them looked pretty interesting. I just wanna know if they're worth checking out.[/size][/color]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"]Finished [B]Mirror's Edge[/B] a while back. Had a great time, although I felt it was a bit short. Time trails are not really my thing, so I'll probably just play this game again at my own pace when I feel the need to play. I like exploring, although I do appreciate stringing together moves without dropping a beat. Feels good if I can keep it up for long periods of time. I can't wait for a sequel.

I also got [B]Dead Space[/B] for pretty cheap as well. I don't even like survival horror, but I love this game. Great atmosphere for a game taking place mostly on a space station mining vessel thingy. I like little touches in there: an unique approach to killing enemies, the hub actually being a part of the game universe, rpg-like weapon upgrades (though limited), and that most of the weapons are just futuristic mining tools. I'm winding down near the end, and I'm satisfied with how many freaky moments were littered throughout. Can't wait for the sequel.

I know a lot of new games have been just sequels to something previous so publishers can play it safe, but there are some games like these two I would support to see get continued.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="2"][FONT="Lucida Console"][COLOR="Navy"]I've not played much as of late, but I've been playing [B]Dragon Age: Origins[/B],[B] Borderlands[/B],[B] Street Fighter 4[/B], and [B]Soul Calibur 4[/B] for the PS3.

Now, as far as handhelds go, I've been playing [B]Dissidia: Final Fantasy[/B] and [B]Monster Hunter Freedom Unite[/B] on the PSP and[B] Pokemon Platinum Version[/B] on the DSi.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I must return to my Human Berserker/Champion on Dragon Age: Origins.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

I've been playing a lot of fighting games and side-scrollers lately, I've noticed myself lacking the patience for RPGs. Soul Calibur 4, Megaman X8, and different Castlevania games are what I've been playing. I really want to get a Wii so I can play Super Smash Bros. Brawl.......and slowly take over the world.

[quote name='Heaven's Cloud']I picked up [B]Bayonetta[/B] yesterday. So far I enjoy it, but the load times are a little bit of a pain (I read that this is only a problem on the PS3 version, so if you buy it for the 360 you should be kosher). The main character is really fun though, like a hot chick version of Dante from the DMC series. It is taking me a little while to learn to cope with the speed of the game though.[/quote]

One of my friends has that he basically said the same thing as far as how the character is and such. Keeps telling me I should try it out. :P So far only bad things I have heard on it were on G4, something about a lot of pointless nudity, and issues with the voice of some filler character you talk to in the game? Eh regardless I'll probably look it up once I get the chance.

Got burned out on my 360 a little. Finally tried playing Rock Band on the ps3. Apparently I don't have the ability to anything above medium level wise. But eh its cool. I already know I can't do anything with the drums short of fail the songs in like 3 seconds. Oh well, its still fun regardless.

Probably gonna get back to Prototype soon. Got a bit repetitive for me though. :/

[quote name='AnbuKira13']One of my friends has that he basically said the same thing as far as how the character is and such. Keeps telling me I should try it out. :P So far only bad things I have heard on it were on G4, something about a lot of pointless nudity, and issues with the voice of some filler character you talk to in the game? Eh regardless I'll probably look it up once I get the chance. [/QUOTE]

I think that the nudity (or lack of clothing, there isn't true, rampant full frontal nudity) actually plays with the premise of the character. Bayonetta is a witch, she communes with hell and slaughters angels. She is supposed to be the antithesis of all things pure and righteous, so that never really bothered me.

There is a problem with some of the voice over work in a few of scenes, but I never over runs a whole scene. The overall plot is lacking a well.

That being written, you can put lots of enjoyable hours into this game. It is like DMC4, where each difficulty level takes a significant learning curve and to excel you really have to master the games timing and combos.

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I too would love to play [B]Bayonetta[/B], and that's typically not the kind of game I'm into. And even though her outfit is blatantly fanservice-y, I am really digging her design. Must be the extravagant hair. And glasses. Gotta love 'dem glasses. [And her SHOES BEING GUNS. I don't care how over-the-top that is, it's [i]awesome[/i]].

Incidentally, a trip to my friends' house last night has introduced me to a game I really, really want to get my grubby paws on -- [B]Mass Effect[/B]. Yeah yeah I know I'm late to the party, especially with the sequel coming out really soon, but I already love it to death just from watching a few hours of gameplay. Will definitely be getting my hands on that ASAP.

Anywho, I've been playing a metric crapload of [B]Dissidia[/B] lately, to combat stress. It's proven to be very therapeutic. >_> I'm almost done with everyone's story modes -- I'm currently on Bartz's, and I only have Warrior of Light and Zidane's after that. Right now, though, I'm just concentrating on leveling other peeps up in other modes.

[B]Super Paper Mario[/B] continues proving itself to be absolutely freaking amazing and hysterical. [If you do not laugh at Francis and Peach's [spoiler]dating simulation parody[/spoiler], then you have no soul. Actually, the entirety of 3-4 is freaking hilarious. Probably as a way to say sorry for the absolutely brutal 3-3...] Currently I'm flailing away in space, and it's my least favorite area so far. :/ But I'll deal.

Whittling away at [B]Professor Layton 2[/B]. Not much to say though, other than I've somehow managed to win a few puzzles by blindly guessing. That's always fun.

Pretty sure I'm close to being finished with [B]Crisis Core[/B]. I'm in Nibelheim and had to fight Sephiroth...and lost. Bah.

Later today I think I'll chill with some [B]New Super Mario Bros Wii[/B] and some more Super Paper Mario.[/SIZE][/FONT]

I am playing Final Fantasy III, well not really but I didn't listen to this one lady's rants so now I'm stuck beacuse I have no idea where to go, I heard to go north but everywhere is north of everywhere else. Iam also playing Disgaea 1 and 3 somewhat, though it will take a while to get to level 9,999. Oh! also Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker and Spirit Tracks.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Lately I've been getting down on some [B]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2[/B]. I just got to level 70 and earned my AK. I saw my kills go up at least by 4-5 kills per match. It's amazing what a difference a little gun can make. It's not as accurate as other Assault Rifles, but it does as much damage as the SCAR and fires faster. I'll take that.

I also recently purchased the PS3 version of SFIV, so I could hop online and play the denizens of PSN. I like the netcode, for the most part. But sometimes it makes me wonder about the skill level I'm currently at. Everyone does the same basic things and when they encounter someone who can actually play....it's like playing the same person over and over and over. If I see one more Ryu in Championship Mode, I might just die.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[size=1][color=darkred]I just beat [b]God of War 2[/b] yesterday. It's a nice game. Great for taking out your frustration on, but I definately prefer the Devil May Cry and Ninja Gaiden games. The platforming wasn't as crazy as the platforming in the first one. They really make you think when it came to solving the puzzles, too. A lot of stuff I never would've thought about doing had it not been for a couple of hints from a walkthrough.

As stated once before, I don't care for greek mythology (spartans, titans and all that jazz don't tickle my fancy), but the voice acting in the game made it all sound nice. I really liked whoever was doing the voice of Zeus.

The graphics are amazing for a ps2 game. Other than Metal Gear Solid 3 and probably Final Fantasy X/XII, I haven't seen a game on the ps2 that looked so good. The cinematics are nicely very nice, and the in game graphics were astounding (I've never used that word either). Background scenery, again, back to that long chain you run across was amazing to look at.

Music while I hardly remember it, I do know that there were a couple of themes in there that was nice. Overall, I enjoyed the game and am playing it a second time. I liked the fact that just about everything carries over from your previous game. I don't remember if items and powerups carried over in the first game, but I like it here.

5/5

I think I might go back to finishing up my game of Final Fantasy 7.[/size][/color]

[SIZE=1]Picked up Modern Warfare 2 about a fortnight ago despite being somewhat hesitent after all the "dis is teh bestest game evar!" hype around it and I have to admit it really blew me away with how good it is as a shooter. Story is sharp and gripping (albeit a tad short, and the Airport level) with great characters.

Multiplayer is a heck of a lot of fun, my only problem being my internet requires a login and password, somewhich which I can do with my PS3's internet browser but not my 360 so I'm limited to games against my brother or my friends.
[/SIZE]