OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Currently for now:

[B]Final Fantasy Cystal Chronicle: Echoes of Time[/B]: I just bought this game yesterday and I have to say it is fun. The reason why I bought it was because it was either this game or Pokemon Platium. So I just decide to buy this and next time I'll get Pokemon Platium. I like the whole choose your character and stuff like that. So this is what I'm playing currently until I want to play something else.

I'm playing Dark Cloud for the third time. The first two times I played I gave up on because my team was very unbalanced and it would take me hours to get balanced again. But this time, I'm actually going to try and beat the game.

[b]Gears of War 2[/b] - As I've stated before (I think), multiplayer is not my thing, but when it comes to a campaign mode I'm all for it. I'm digging this game a lot more now that I've actually had time to play the game by myself. It's not as bad as I've made it out to be, but it's not exactly the best thing either. I know for certain that it pretty much forces you to take cover, and I'm still trying to get used to that. I'm more of a run and gun type of person moreso than a stop and pop.

The graphics are nice, but the character models could use a little bit of work imo.

Speaking of characters. These are quite the characters. I get a Wolverine-ish vibe from Marcus Phoenix for some oddball of a reason. I can't remember the other folks names, outside of Carmine, who, btw is an idiot.

Overall, from the 3 hours I've played of the game, I'm digging it quite a bit.

Castlevania 3, Draculas curse. That game is so dang hard! I'm stuck on the pirate ship level and I just can't make any head way. But man that game is so fun, and the grahics are so amazing for being on the NES.

[FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="DarkRed"]This week I?ve dusted off my old Xbox to ironically play [B]Phantom Dust[/B]. I got this game as a gift and, I?m very grateful for getting a fun and unique one. To me, this game feels like a mix of [B]Psychonauts[/B] and Unreal tournament with a whole bunch of real-time strategy.

Phantom Dust pretty much just comes down to going battle to battle and customizing your powers from a variety of 300. The story is interesting, but as far as I got just seems like excuses why to fight. The combat is simple, yet can demand strategy and careful customizing. There is a card battle like aspect to gaining new powers through booster packs; which leads me to my main complaint. The first few hours of Phantom Dust feel like a series of baby steps until you get to a true representation of the game. Tutorials are nice, but not going into the first section of a game.

The art style is pretty good for last gen standards. There are a lot of hit-or-miss clothing styles, pretty effects on all of the magic, and the environments have a nice post apocalyptic feel that are also destructible. Over all, I am having a lot of fun with this game[/COLOR][/FONT]

Recently I broke out my old Nintendo games and I stumpled upon a game i had a lot of fun playing when it first came out. The game is Yu-Gi-Oh: The Falsebound Kingdom....and I know I know its Yu-Gi-Oh but this game is actually different from the other titles.

This game is basically a strategy game(ha go figure) but instead of playing the actual card game on the screen the battles take a Final Fantasy like theme. Each character has 3 monsters they keep with them and they battle and travel with each other as you would in Final Fantasy: 3 on 3, turn based. The only kicker is that you only have to have more points at the end of the battle to win...you dont have to kill all of your opponent's monsters to win.

[spoiler]The story is about Yugi and all the main characters getting stuck in this virtual reality game and have to fight their way out. This guy traps them in the game and wants to detroy their minds(I dont see why any character in Yu-Gi-Oh wanted to settle things over a card game.) Anyway you can either be take the route of Yugi, Kaiba, or Joey and you use strategy tactics to win each battle by taking bases and defeating enemy generals or marshals as they call them in this game.[/spoiler]

To my dismay I remember why I like this game so much. I really got into it even after all these years after retirement from the game of Duel Monsters (haha). The game provides what I always wanted Yu-Gi-Oh to be. The strategy behind the game was fun but I wanted more than that when i played. This game answered that call when i got to pound on Joey with Kaiba by wiping him away with some Blue Eyes White Dragon blasts.

[COLOR="Blue"]Humaru, lets remember those spoiler tags for plots and things of games. Some people haven't played it yet and would rather figure out on their own.

Thanks,
~K[/COLOR]

For right now:

[B]Sonic and The Black Knight -[/B] At first when I got the game I was thinking "This would be a horrible game like IGN said", but its a good thing I did got it becuase it was actually fine like a 8/10. The graphics is good instead of the whole moving picture thing that is like Sonic and the Secret Ring. Jason Griffith has improve in his voice which seems better then his usual whiney butt voice. The only thing that i gave a thumbs down about it was that it was short, now if it was longer like maybe adding Jet and Silver into the Story Mode it might be better, in my opinion.

Overall, i dont trust IGN anymore and I'm lovin' the game.

Currently I'm switching back and forth between [B]Guitar Hero: Metallica[/B], [B]Final Fantasy XI[/B] and [B]World of Warcraft[/B]. Both Metallica and FFXI are on the 360.

I've always been a Guitar Hero/Rock Band nut and a lover of music so the new release was a must have for me. I love the game but there really isn't much to do after you beat all of the careers and whatnot.

FFXI is fun, but I don't have anyone to play it with so I'm rather bored with it sometimes. Then again, there are times when I feel courageous enough to go out adventuring alone, just to get owned by something far more powerful than myself lol.

And WoW. Wow, lol. I play free servers a while back (something like 8 months ago) and I loved it. I just recently decided to join back into it and have begun new characters throughout the world of "actual" WoW. :D

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]The new [b]Prince of Persia.[/b]

Dude, I ain't playin', this game is serious f***ing business. I really love falling on purpose so Elika can save the Prince's ***, lol. Can you ever die in that game? I don't think so. Also, I love the puzzles, graphics and the fighting style.

Sometimes, the Prince makes me wonder why I like playing video games.
But only sometimes.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Right now I'm playing [B]Portal[/B]. I started it before and never got back to it so I'm working on finally finishing it. Only one level left to go so it shouldn't be too hard. =P I had forgotten how much fun it is. When I'm finished, I'm going to go back and mess with the level that has turrets on it, just for the heck of it. Those things crack me up with all the little sayings they have. lol

• 4 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]Currently I'm playing [B]Team Fortress 2[/B] for the PC. This weekend sees the release of the Sniper vs Spy update for the game and Valve has given everyone the chance to play the game absolutely free until Sunday night.

The funny thing is I randomly thought of logging onto Valve's website and purchasing TF2 just because I love the game so much and when I got there, to my surprise they had just announce they were doing their free weekend. And to top it all off, during the weekend they cut the price in half so I'm definitely buying it now, lol.[/SIZE]

I finished [B]Portal[/B], and the bonus maps. The turret one was a royal pain in the butt. I'm still playing it some since I've been downloading custom maps to toy with. However, I've mainly moved to a second play through of [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B]. It's a totally different story with double experience and gold. lol

I decided to put [i]Tales of Vesperia[/i] on hold for a while. With the 360 being my sister's and all, I just didn't feel like imposing so much when she was so busy with her homework and whatnot.

Anyway, in place of ToV, I started playing [b]Final Fantasy 4[/b]. For the little hour or 2 that I've played of it, it's been pretty decent so far. Can't help but compare the graphics of this to Chrono Trigger since I like the 2D graphics in that game. (And it was the last 2D rpg that I've played.) This one, not so much. Characters are pretty small (pokemon type small.) and I don't really like that. Fortunately, it's not bothering me one bit. (Oh, this is the Chronicles version btw)

I just beat some monster that looks like an octopus, and I was in a water cave. Ran into a character named Tellah. And that's pretty much where I last left off.

Cecil - 15-16 (I'm not sure if he went up a level or not.)
Rydia - 11 (Maybe 12)
Tellah - 20

I do have a question, although, I think I already know the answer to it. Front and back row (I've never really paid much attention to it in FF7), is there a way to change a row for characters individually? Everytime I go to "row" all characters switch positions.

I also have Final Fantasy Anthology here because I want to try out FF6. And then I also have Final Fantasy 9 (I've heard a lot of opinions about this one, too). So probably for the next 3-5 months will be straight FF's. Depending on how long it takes me to get to them.

When I get my hands on some money, I'll end up rebuying FF8 as well. (It'll be the 5th time, I believe, that I ended up rebuying it. I just can't part away from that one for nothing.)

[FONT="Tahoma"]Now that I'm off for summer, I'm playing [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B] again. I was so busy with school that I stopped playing it for nearly five months. It took me a while to weed and clean up my town. I'm also getting rid of some of my fruit trees. I have way too many of them. Heh.[/FONT]

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]Well I don't have any gaming systems, but my boyfriend has a ps3 and he is pretty much a hardcore gaming kid (he got top 10% in killzone 2, ohh how much I love my nerd<3) but currently when I am at his house I'm finishing the new Resident Evil with him. [/SIZE][/FONT]

I just got done playing [B]Dragon Warrior V[/B] on the DS, and I loved it from start to finish. Having never played any Dragon Warrior games before, I?m glad that I got the chance to play one game in the series. What?s really cool about Dragon Warrior V is that it focuses mainly on the main character and his family. Most of the twists and turns in the game were unexpected and the way it unfolds was very touching.

I also finished [B]Resident Evil 5[/B] on the 360 the other day. I really liked most of the locales in the game as they were incredible to look at, but towards the end of the game it kind of got dull. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to play it with a partner, but it was still an enjoyable game.

[FONT="Garamond"]Man, I've been playing so many games since I've been home for the summer. College is a *****. Anyways, I can't get a summer job because I'll be gone for a month visiting families and such, so I've put most of my times into friends and games.

I've been playing the crap out of [B]Resident Evil 5[/B]. I've already beaten it, but now I'm trying to go for that wonderful Pro Mode trophy. It pretty much sucks. I've also been playing[B] Metal Gear Solid 4[/B] again; I realized that I never actually beat the game. I'm ashamed.

I'm still trying to beat[B] Persona 3: FES[/B]. It's not that I can't do it, it's just that the amount of time you have to put into that game is ridiculous. Luckily, it's one of the best RPG's I've played in a long time, so I don't really mind.

[/FONT]

My ps2 controller gave out on me (I think it's cursed.) so I can't continue playing FF4... Sad too, because I was starting to have fun.

Went back to playing Tales of Vesperia. I'm in Nordepolica (however it's spell.) Getting ready to head out I believe.

[spoiler]Judy left me :(. While I never played as her, she always had my back in fights... I'm gonna miss that.[/spoiler]

Rita's become more annoying. I used to didn't mind her, but her obsession is really annoying. Karol.. Let's just say I never liked kids. Estelle's gone from comically naive to annoying as well. None of these characters compare to Luke in annoyance factor though.

Yuri, Judith and Raven are my favorite characters. (With Judy being on top.)

Karol sucks while controlling him in battle, as does Raven. I don't ever want to use long-ranged fighters or fighters with big bulky weapons in action rpgs again.

Question. How important is synthesizing? I've yet to do any synthesizing. I bought all of my weapons and managed from there. Is it better to synthesize or buy my weapons? Combination of both?

I think most of my characters are between levels 32-37. (But I think almost everyone is at 36)

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Garamond"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]I?m currently playing [B]Oddworld: Stranger?s Wrath[/B] were you play a mysterious looking bounty hunter just trying to survive. This happens to be the only Oddworld game I?ve ever played. I?m think I?m a little over half way through this game; judging how the story is twisting and turning. I guess my favorite part of this game has to be the main character Stranger. He has a slow old west style of speech, which can deliver some funny and badass lines. My next favorite part of the game is your only weapon, a doubled tracked crossbow that only fires live critters with unique abilities.

I just finished [B]Phantom Dust[/B] about a month ago. I still like the battle system, but I really like the overall story, once it all plays out. The later part of the game was kind of thought provoking in my opinion.
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm in the process of slowly but surely playing through [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]. I got it back on Christmas and played it like a maniac then, but once school started I kinda forgot about it.
But anyway, I feel like I'm getting closer to the end. I dunno, it just feels that way. Especially since there's sooo many freakin' side quests now, holy crap where'd they come from, seriously.

Other games I [i]should[/i] be playing and will get around to eventually are [b]Persona 3: FES[/b] and [b]Okami[/b]. The former might take me longer, since... ehhh, I wasn't really digging it when I started it way before. We'll see, I guess. And the latter I haven't even started yet, but I've heard so many good things about it, I thought I might as well buy it.

[quote name='Miss Anonymous']I'm in the process of slowly but surely playing through [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b]. I got it back on Christmas and played it like a maniac then, but once school started I kinda forgot about it. [/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]FASTER, SLAVE

Anyway, since me and Missy here have kinda traded fandoms for awhile, I've been playing [b].hack//GU vol. 2[/b] [I was unable to find the first one. Sadness. But it's better than none at all]. I bought it for myself for my birthday a couple months ago, but I'm just now pedaling to the metal on it. I just got to where [spoiler]Alkaid is PKed...which made me sad even though I don't like her at all. o_O[/spoiler]

On the side, I've been replaying some Ace Attorney cases, and I just finished 4-2 last night. Today I will probably tackle 4-3, which I actually like [as opposed to the rest of the fandom, it seems]. Though I COULD go without LOL LETS GO TO THE VIDEO every other minute...[/SIZE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Recently I've been delving back into my library of Game Boy: Advance titles and came across some gems. I've been playing [b]Castlevania: Circle of the Moon[/b], [b]Golden Sun[/b], and [b]Final Fantasy Tactics: Advance[/b]. Three RPGs, three very distinctly different fighting systems. Castlevania is an action RPG and while it's not the best one that came out for the GBA, it's still a really good game and made up for past muck ups in the series (Castlevania 64 *shudders*).

[B]Golden Sun[/B] was a sleeper title for me. I had never heard of the game before and it wasn't an established series like Dragon Quest or Final Fantasy, so when I got the game as a recommendation from my friend, I was a bit skeptical. I'm so glad I bought the game, because it is truly a masterpiece. The game is a traditional RPG with turn-based attacking, but the Psyenergy system that they used on the world map to solve problems was ingenious. I didn't care too much for the second installment, but I'm so looking forward to another installment in this series.

FFTA, is just like the PS1 installment in terms of playstyle with Turn Based attacking on a field that you can move your party aroudn in, but the story is entirely different. The game looks tedious, but it's anything but. The missions (all 300 of them) are relatively fun and the story is ok, although very much the anti-thesis of the PS1 version (which I affectionally dubbed: MUCH ADO ABOUT SHANKING). The DS sequel is pretty cool too.[/FONT]