OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles. :3

I love the soundtrack for it, Im gonna buy it

...but I HATE those frickin tofu zombies, because theyre sprinting at me and all ive got is a frickin 15 shot, slow-as-all-hell handgun. >:[

Mr.X with his indestructability and his Lacrymosa, And Alexia with her giggling and her powers :3

And Manuela's lullaby... [SIZE=2]I came[/SIZE]

I'm still obsessed with [B]Fallout 3[/B]. I don't know what it is, but I just can't get enough of that game x_x

That, and I've been trying to finally beat [B]Pokemon Platinum[/B] and [B]Final Fantasy III[/B] for the past few weeks (my DS needs moar love, seriously I usually only play it for a total of one hour per day, on both the bus ride to school and the ride home.). And I've been replaying [B]Final Fantasy VII[/B] and [B]Dragon Quest V[/B] 8D

Oh, and I'll hopefully be getting my hands on a shiny new copy of [B]Final Fantasy IX[/B] and [B]FullMetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Elixir[/B] in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...
[size=1][color=darkred]Went back to finish my run of Final Fantasy 7. I just recently got to disc 2 at that snow village (the name escapes me at the moment).

My party's levels are between 42 and 52 with Cloud being at 52. The main 3 I'm using are Cloud, Cid and Barret. I normally alternate between Tifa, Barret, Vincent (sometimes I don't use him at all), and Yuffie. I was using Aeris over everyone else because I wanted to see what Great Gospel look like, but unfortunately she wouldn't learn it. [/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]Shockingly, I just recently found out my gamer tag is gone on the 360. Not only is it gone, but it's been replaced by another person named Diamond. What's even more weird is that my brother and his wife said they don't know what happened.

Anyway, I started playing [b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] again. My intention was to play on Path of the Mentor to get a good challenge going on, but unfortunately that mishap happened. I guess it's a good thing since it gives me a chance to beat the game again on Path of the Warrior. Playing on that difficulty is a good stress reliever for me since it never plays with my emotions lol.

I did happen to die once because I was trying to get used to the game again since it's been a good 6-8 months since I've last played the game. I finished chapter 3 recently. Falcon's Talon is great, but it's taking me a while to get used to them again. I think it's going to feel even weirder when I get my hands on the DCTF's since I also played with those a lot too.

I've also been watching someone play [b]Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga[/b] and I've had a renewed interest in the SMT series. I think my real issue with the game is that these dungeons seems overbearingly long, but in this one there are save points and healing points so that makes up for it a bit. From the brief 10 minutes of my experience with Nocturne, I don't recall there being any healing points at all.

I'm also enjoying the voice work that's done in this game. Sounds like it's straight from an anime with superb (I don't use that word) voice talent. The music is also pretty good, and much to my surprise, I haven't really heard anything that sounded like heavy metal (I don't listen to that at all), and considering the dark tone of the series I would've expected to hear some in here. The music seems like a mixture between soft (I guess?) rock and jazz (I think), almost something like you'd hear in Death Note.

Characters have been pretty good too, although Heat (as great as Crispin Freeman sounds as him) is beginning to get on my nerves. I'll stop there since I'd rather give my experience with the characters when I actually play the game. But from the looks of it I think I will enjoy this game very much. It also makes me actually want to play Nocturne again as well along with Persona 4. (The thought of not being able to control my characters in 3 is a huge turn off for me)

Edit: I take it back. Heat's a rockstar.[/size][/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]Have no choice but to play these games again since the whole erasing of the gamertag crap.

[b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] - On chapter 5. I've died quite a bit, mainly on chapter 3. I hate the boss fight in that chapter. I only died because I called myself trying not to use any items against that thing. I was also thrown for a loop for a little because I could've sworn you get a Talisman of Rebirth in the 2nd chapter, but then again, if you do I think missed out on getting it. I've died once on chapter 5, again, calling myself trying not to use items. I suppose it don't matter though since I am on Warrior and have to unlock Mentor again. And the weapons I have (up to the Kisugari...thingy) are maxed out except for the chain-like weapon, although I can max it out if I wanted to, but I think I'll wait until I get my Scythe before upgrading it since I'm no good with it anyway. I'm slowly getting back in the groove of this game. My controller sucks (Ryu moves to the left automatically when my hand is no where near the analog stick.. It happens on all my games) and my OLC skills still need some work lol. I think by the time I get to either chapter 7 or 8, I'll be in full swing ready to take on mentor again.

[b]Gears of War 2[/b] - I've beaten the first level already. I don't think I've forgotten how to play the game too much, but I am trying to get used to the controls again. Marcus is an amazing character, and I think I've stated once before that whoever is voicing Marcus does an awesome job.

[b]Tales of Vesperia[/b] - My last playthrough was my first playthrough, and I never finished the game. Starting from square one is not a bad idea since I've pretty much forgotten everything, and this time I can actually listen to the story as well as pay attention to certain skills stuff. (I didn't really find out about this until I was at the midpoint or nearing the end I guess) I'm literally right at the beginning of the game since I just started. Haven't even gotten to the tutorial part yet. (I say, how dare you block my arte/attack... That was funny the first time I heard that)

I'll eventually start playing [b]Halo 3[/b] again as well. So I'll be rotating between 4 games over the next few months, although Tales probably won't get as much attention as the other games since I also have to focus on college work... (Watch how fast I ignore that lol)[/size][/color]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I forgot how awesome my PSP library was.

So I've been dabbling into [B]Valeryie Profile: Lenneth[/B] the past few days. I love the game. It has one of the best (if not most dramatic) stories I've seen in a long time. I love how it follows Norse mythology instead of the typical JRPG story.The battle is engrossing since it's a tad more than just the run of the mill turn-based system, with the combo meter that leads to all sorts of flashy attacks. I'm currently making my way through the game and got a good combination of Eihnerjiar with Lucian, Arngrim and Mystia. One thing I didn't like with this port was that they took out the anime cutscenes and replaced them with FMV scenes. While the scenes are beautiful, I loved the anime ones on the PS1 version.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I've been slacking off on my gaming for the most part, but now that my spring break has started, I'm hoping to catch up.

Bought [B]Ace Attorney Investigations[/B] last week after waiting two some odd years for it. Is it worth it? Oh heck [I]yes[/I] it's worth it. I'm loving this game to pieces. I'm somewhere in the middle of case three right now [I play really slow >_>], and...it's just awesome excellence all around. Definitely worth the wait.

Outside of that, nothing really. As I said, I plan to tackle the rest of my games this week, with the top priorities being [B]Super Paper Mario[/B], [B]Crisis Core[/B], and [B]New Super Mario Bros Wii[/B]. And maybe [B]Zelda: Spirit Tracks[/B], since it was bought for me, and I've barely touched it yet.

Oh, I almost forgot. I'm borrowing [B]Fallout 3[/B] from a friend, after observing them play and liking what I saw. I'll throw that into the list, too.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I just purchased Gran Turismo for PSP, which I started playing a little bit last night. It's quite different from the regular console versions, but it actually seems to work very well in a portable format.

I'm also playing bits and pieces of stuff when I can, including Shenmue 2, Red Alarm and Battlefield: Bad Company (the latter I've developed a new appreciation for).[/font]

• 3 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium][color=green]I'm not playing anything at the moment. But I do have 3 games I'll eventually start playing sometime soon.

[b]The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker[/b] (Gamecube) - I remember starting this at one point and never came back to finish it. So hopefully I'll see it all the way through to the end this time around. Obviously the look will have to grow onto me though since I'm not a fan of the cartoony look. (Charm and cute or whatever just has no meaning to me when it comes to games... I'll toss it aside with the quickness)

[b]The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess[/b] (Gamecube) - I just ordered this game through Amazon about a good 30 minutes ago, and I expect it to arrive between next Wednesday or Thursday. (I decided to pass on Suikoden 5 mainly because I lent my ps2 to my brother and his wife and I swear if anything happens to my ps2 I'ma do some damage)

[b]Okami[/b] (PS2) - I've been craving this game like crazy since the last time I've played it. I've yet to complete the game and I don't even think I scratched the surface of it. I just loved the artwork in the game. For all I care, Capcom (or any other company) can continue making games with this kind of graphics and I'll be hooked.

That's all. And those are probably the wrong choice of games for me at the moment too because I'm in school (night classes) and those are some fairly lengthy (addicting) games. I'm definately looking forward to Twilight Princess though.[/font][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]If you've seen my posts in its respective thread, then you'll know that I've been all about [B]Pokemon HeartGold[/B] the past few weeks. But I've still found time to play a couple of other games in between.

[B]Ace Attorney Investigations[/B] -- Finally beat this a couple weeks ago. As for how the final case stacks up to the other final cases of the previous games...eh, I'd rank it pretty low. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still a good case, but in comparison to the amazing final cases of JfA and T&T, it just felt lacking. The big bad was more annoying than anything, since they absolutely [I]REFUSE[/I] to give up, [while that's fairly normal for most baddies in the series, this one takes it to astronomical levels], and...I dunno. Maybe it's cause it was the first game in the AAI spinoffs, I just didn't feel emotionally invested in it all that much. But it's still a fun, solid game, and all AA fans should check it out.

[B]Super Paper Mario[/B] -- I hadn't really played this since January, so I resumed it a couple of weekends ago. And...oh my gosh. I said that this would probably wind up being one of my favorite Wii titles, and...it definitely is. The story took a few notches in the dark department, but not overbearingly so. It retains a good blend of whimsical Mario humor, while throwing in some unexpected themes. I can't really go into it, 'cause it would ruin the experience, but I ADORE this game. I beat it yesterday, and the ending nearly made me cry. ;_; I never thought I'd get emotional over a Mario game, but SPM proved me wrong. DEAD wrong. And I'm glad.

Right now, since the game lets you play the beaten story, I'm just kinda bumming around, since I still don't want to let go. >_> I've bought [spoiler]Triptron[/spoiler], but...it's just not the same. ;__________________; Weh...I'm extremely, extremely tempted to start a new file. I might do just that later.

But yeah, Super Paper Mario is a must for any Wii owner. It's got good characters, a good story, and it's just downright fun. And speaking of Paper Mario...

[B]Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door[/B] -- This is the only game in the Paper Mario series I've yet to beat. :/ I've been stuck on the final boss for years. I tried playing a little bit of it earlier, to go level up, and...I don't remember how to do anything! Heck, I barely remember the game to begin with. D: It's like a totally new experience for me. I might just start a new file on this later, too, 'cause I really don't remember how to do squat. ._.;

And all this talk makes me want to start a new file on the original game, too. I love the original to bits, and played the heck out of it as a kid. It'll be nice to see how far the series has come. [Speaking of, Nintendo, we need a fourth one, stat.][/SIZE][/FONT]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I've been playing [b]Zelda: Wind Waker[/b]. I'm at the 2nd dungeon, or is it the 3rd? I know I'm hunting for the 2nd pearl that's for sure. Kind of stuck trying to figure out where to go since I can't find the boss key, and I'm pretty sure I've been through this forest/woods/whatever from top to bottom. Putting the cartoony look aside it's been pretty decent, but at the same time I'm not seeing anything special about it. Trying to get used to the camera's been a pain. Tilt the c-stick one way and the camera goes in the opposite direction. I've always hated that kind of camera. If I were to compare it to OoT or MM right now, I'd give the edge to those 2 games. WW's not hooking/catching me the way those two games did, and I guess part of it is because of some anticipation for waiting for Twilight Princess to arrive seeing that's what I want to play at the moment.

[b]Twilight Princess[/b] finally arrived. YAY!!![/font][/color]

[FONT="Times New Roman"]My 360 is off for repairs (DVD drive failure), but I did get the chance to play some [B][I]DJ Hero[/B][/I] last night when my friend brought hers over, and I'm happy to report that I've still got rhythm hardwired into my brain, didnt do too bad for being away from that game for almost two months.

I am now playing:

[STRIKE]Although, I'm really excited that[/STRIKE] [B][I]Splinter Cell: Conviction[/B][/I] [STRIKE]comes out this week, I need a good solo player fix after dominating in competitive rhythm games for almost five months.

(Here's to hoping UPS will ship my box back tommorow!)[/STRIKE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Still playing [b]Twilight Princess[/b] and just recently finished the fire temple, and currently in wolf form. I'll speak about that form in a bit. The fire temple can be a little pain here and there especially when one don't know where they are suppose to be going. Anyway, I am a bit surprised to see Link getting some of these weapons so early in the game. [spoiler]The boomerang in the forest temple was to be expect, but the iron boots and hero's bow in the fire temple.. Wow. I was expecting those a little later in the game.[/spoiler] That must mean the weapons you get later on is going to be awesome.

I do like how the boots were used though. [spoiler]Being able to walk on walls was definately interesting.[/spoiler] Could've done a little more work there, but it was definately interesting. I didn't fight the boss in the fire temple properly seeing how I just kept chucking arrows at him. (It got the job done though)

Horseback battles adds a little flare to riding Epona, but I can't say that I really like it that much just yet seeing how I'd just swing my sword like a madman instead of shooting arrows and whatnot. Just like in OoT and MM (at least I think you ride Epona in that game) I was never good when it came to archery on Epona.

Wolf form version, at this point feels like it could've been a lot better than what it is, especially if I were to compare it to Okami. (Every time I just run I tend to think that Link will begin to run faster lol) To be able to just dig and sense just feels a little stale to me. It's not bad at all, but I feel they could've done so much better, that's all.[/font][/color]

[FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]I seem to be one of the few people that [I]loathes[/I] the wolf form in TP. I can't really put my finger on why, but I've just...hated it. I guess it's 'cause of the reasons you pointed out; they coulda done so much more with it.

Which reminds me, I still need to beat...*googles* Snowpeak Ruins. I guess that's another item on the gaming to-do list for the summer...

Anyway, my birthday's come and gone, and with that came a new haul of games. Most of these are going to be played in fairly limited qualities for the next couple of weeks, since finals are coming up soon and I don't want to get too invested in any RPGs until I'm done with school for the year.

Without further ado, here's how things are shaping up:

[B]Skies of Arcadia Legends[/B]: I've had my eye on this game for a long time now, and I've finally managed to obtain a copy. I've heard nothing but praise for this game, and I hope I enjoy it as much as much as I've been told I will. I did play this a couple years ago, albeit briefly, so I don't remember too much. Right now, I just arrived on Shrine Isle, and am probably going to spend a bit levelgrinding, as I [i]do[/i] remember this area being a pain.

[B]Final Fantasy VI[/B]: Managed to snag myself a copy of Final Fantasy Anthology, and this is the reason why [although I do intend to play V down the line]. Not gotten very far in this, either, but I must say that, for an SNES game, it's very visually pleasing. The graphics look great. Definitely looking forward to playing this.

[B]Evolution Worlds[/B]: Yet another GCN RPG I've had my eye on for several years now [which, like SoA, is a Dreamcast port, interestingly enough; I also discovered both in Nintendo Power once upon a time]. I've not heard raving reviews, but I think I'll like it. The main problem I have so far is that the dungeon I'm in currently has no real variety to it. It's kinda dull. That, and the game starts off [i]really[/i] suddenly, launching you into a battle immediately upon starting the game [to the point where I thought my game was defective for a moment]. The character designs are cute, though, and it looks to be fairly light-hearted, something needed every once in awhile in games.

[B]Mario Party 4[/B]: lol This is the game that's gonna probably see the most play time from me over the next two weeks [as well as TTYD and SPM, more on those in a bit]. I loved this game when I was younger, so I'm happy to finally have it. It'll make a nice reprieve from school, even if it's just bumming around and unlocking more minigames.

And now for games I've been playing that I didn't get on my birthday:

[B]Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door[/B]: Started my replay of this a couple weeks ago, and it reminds me how awesome this series is. Although my plans were set back when my controller's control stick stopped working properly, so I had to wait to buy a new one [which I have]. I was last on Chapter 6, I think it was, which has been my favorite chapter, mainly 'cause it's a nice breather level with no enemies to fight [yet]. Now I just hope I can beat the game this time, unlike last time...

[B]Super Paper Mario[/B]: I caved in and decided to do a replay of this game as well, 'cause I love it that much. I've only beaten the first world as of right now, though.

[B]Mass Effect[/B]: Borrowing this from friends. The combat and customization is taking some getting used to [I don't play a lot of shooters], but the RPG aspect drew me in, and it's not let me down yet. I've yet to leave the Citadel, though being lost in there for three solid days didn't exactly help matters much. >_>;;; So yeah, not gotten very far, but I've liked what I've played so far.

I need to get back into [b]Pokemon HeartGold[/b]. :/ I've just not felt motivated for it lately.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Sangome'][FONT="Microsoft Sans Serif"][SIZE="1"]Right now, I just arrived on Shrine Isle, and am probably going to spend a bit levelgrinding, as I [i]do[/i] remember this area being a pain.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
You shouldn't have to do too much. As long as you make good use of your Magic (it really helps if you know Pyri by now, maybe even Increm) and S. Attacks, you'll be fine. :V

Funnily enough, I too have been playing [b]Skies of Arcadia: Legends[/b]! And it's totally not related to Gome getting it for her birthday. Nope, not at all.
I forgot how much fun I have playing this game. I love the music, I love finding Discoveries (for the most part *cough* >_>) and gosh, even the simple battle system is real fun. For once I'm actually going out of my way to use some of the spells, S. Attacks, and items I never found useful before. Like, certain optional battles in the game become soooo much easier, it's amazing!

But unfortunately, SoA:L is not portable. ._. So when I'm at school, I don't have much to do. I beat [b]Ace Attorney Investigations[/b] a few weeks ago (very fun), and I just haven't been inclined to grind my Pokemon in [b]Pokemon HeartGold[/b] to level 100 right now. :/

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Right now I've been marathoning on [B]Super Street Fighter IV[/B] since I picked up the game. I like the new characters, but I still find myself picking Balrog because I know the most about him and he hasn't changed much, if at all from the first SFIV. Juri looks pretty promising right now, as does Cody and Guy. I think Hakan is pretty silly and Dudley is just not for me. Still haven't picked Makoto and Ibuki yet, so the jury's out on them :P

I've also been playing [B]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2[/B]. I just finished my first prestige ( I know, don't make fun of me) and I've been tinkering around and finding what kits I really like. I can't really put my finger on what Assault Rifle I want to use. I do well with the SCAR-H and the TAR-21, but I also get good results with the ACR and F2000. Then there's the FAMAS too...(see where this is going? lol)

I'm thinking about starting [b]Battlefield: BAD Company 2's[/b] online and seeing how it compares to MW2. Everyone says it's better, but I need to compare for myself. Probably when SSFIV stops being fun. The game may never be touched... XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]Right now I've been marathoning on [B]Super Street Fighter IV[/B] since I picked up the game. I like the new characters, but I still find myself picking Balrog because I know the most about him and he hasn't changed much, if at all from the first SFIV. Juri looks pretty promising right now, as does Cody and Guy. I think Hakan is pretty silly and Dudley is just not for me. Still haven't picked Makoto and Ibuki yet, so the jury's out on them :P[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]I'm hearing Hakan's pretty broken, although I don't ever intend on using him when I get the game. Me and big people just don't mesh well in fighting games. I hear Hakan don't have those irritating 360/720 degree motions, but still, he's a big guy, and I won't be using him. (Sagat is the only exception) Like I said in the SF4 thread, I was watching videos of the challenge mode and a lot of the new characters look very promising. Juri looks like she will be very tough to deal with. I may main her, Guy, and Cody.

I'm still playing [b]Twilight Princess[/b]. I decided to take a break and do a bit of fishing. Apparently, it seems like I'm wasting my time with lure fishing though. Thought I'd get a prize or heart piece for getting a big fish like in Ocarina of Time, phooey.

Anyway, I did complete the water temple, and it never fails, the water temple is where I'm always at my weakest at. I don't know how or why they always make water boards in games so puzzly. But on the bright side this one wasn't as nearly as complicated/confusing as the water temple in Ocarina of Time, (I hardly remember the water temple in Majora's Mask. I remember swimming through a lot of tunnel/ventilation-like stuff) but I still had a pretty tough time trying to figure out where to go next.

I also ended up getting [spoiler]the Master Sword[/spoiler]. The puzzle for getting to that thing is ridiculous lol. So yeah, I'm pretty much stuck on what to do next. I've talked to Midna, but I keep getting the same message about going to Castle Town. I'm trying to avoid looking at walkthroughs (which I've already broken doing a couple of times because I got stuck in some parts) so I don't wear myself out on getting everything before I complete the game. (I want a reason to replay the game)

The way this game is shaping up, though, this Zelda is becoming my favorite out of the series. (I do wish the boomerang had power though lol) Fighting while on horseback sucks lol.[/font][/color]

[COLOR="Red"]I bought [B]Dragon Quest IV[/B] back when I went to pick up my copy of Pokemon SoulSilver, but never really got into it(I tend to have a disliking for games that have "chapters, focus on one character per chapter, and then suddenly want to throw in the main character at the VERY END OF THE GAME). But that changed after I started playing it on the bus one afternoon and started seeing a few similarities to Dragon Quest V(which is an amazing game). I still don't play it much(lack of real plot is lacking, which tends to happen when, again, you don't get the main character until the VERY END OF THE GAME -_-), but I play it a lot more than I did before.

I've also managed to get my hands on a copy of [B]Persona 3 FES[/B]. The game is extremely frustrating, and thanks to the totally NOT spoilerific opening I already know how it ends, but I just CAN'T stop playing it for some reason @_@

Oh, and my friend let me borrow his copy of [B]Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2[/B]. It's really fun when I'm not getting killed every five seconds :D(shooters really aren't my cup of tea >_>; )

And I've been playing [B]Final Fantasy IX[/B], because I stopped playing it for just ONE DAY and ended up not playing it for two whole months :x Whoops.[/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=darkred]Still playing [b]Zelda: Twilight Princess[/b]. I just beat the dungeon for Snow Peak. As I've stated once before, this Zelda is shaping up to be my favorite out of the Zelda's I've played. (I've only played the 3D Zelda's so far)

Anyway, there was one puzzle that I found pretty frustrating in the dungeon for Snow Peak. [spoiler]The 2nd time you go into that room with the blocks that you gotta push on to the switch in the middle of the room.[/spoiler] Man that was frustrating. I was about to call it quits especially when the internet wasn't working. (Truthfully, Comcast itself went out) I was about to stop playing this one for good. These puzzles are truly putting my brain to the test and it's really not a good thing with me being in school and whatnot. :)[/font][/color]

I got my Starcraft 2 beta key today, so I've dropped all else and I have been playing it non stop, but I haven't played a RTS in so long, I'm all rusty and get beat a whole lot, plus everything is changed from the original Starcraft. This totally derailed me finishing up my competitive team for Pokemon Heartgold, guess I'll have to use the same ones from my Pearl version.