OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[color="#FF0000"]Still playing [b]Persona 4[/b]. I got the bad ending, and then decided to start a New Game+ and move up to Normal Mode aka Persona version of hard mode. I also picked [b]Wild Arms 3[/b] back up again after forever, and I'm finally starting to get into the meat of the story...and I'm enjoying the heck out of it.

AND. I've been playing [b]Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al Revis[/b] on and off lately, but...this game. I want to like it, I really do. But it's so...SLOW @_@ All it's been so far is a bunch of fetch quests, with absolutely NOTHING plot related coming up since I first started. I'm tempted to trade it in, but I know there's got to be more to it, so I'm keeping it for now.[/color] Edited by RedJ

• 3 weeks later...
I'm currently playing in 3 games. These are:
- Guild Wars (starting now prophecies part, finished nightfall and factions, made 1/3 of EotN, I'm Rt with SoS build);
- Touhou (still can't get through 3rd boss in Perfect Cherry Blossom ;D)
- Wonderland Online - this one is probably the best 2D MMO game I ever played. I love this anime characters and also storyline is great for me. And mobs are sooo cute ^_^

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"][b]Lunar Silver Star/Silver Star Story/Legend/whatever[/b]: I've had the GBA port of this since about... 2002/3/4? Anyway, I played it to the end...and never beat it. Then a couple years ago, I restarted, and got stuck. NOW I'm giving it a [i]third[/i] shot. And I must say, it's still really fun. The characters are all really awesome, the graphics are nice and colorful, and the music's good. I haven't played in a few days, though; last I remember, I believe I was at Lann, and had did the whole deal with the fake Dragonmas--OH THAT'S RIGHT, I REMEMBER, I had to go rescue [spoiler]Mia's mom...Lemia, I think?[/spoiler] That's where I left off.

[b]Pokemon HeartGold[/b]: Been falling back into the Pokemon groove the past couple of weeks [really excited for Black and White eeee], so I decided to pick this back up. And man...I hardly remember anything, despite it being a remake of my favorite game[s] in the series. I wanna go through the story again, but since Pokemon's notorious for only having a single game slot, I kinda can't unless I wanna lose all my Pokes. [I'd restart my Crystal, but I don't wanna lose my uberstrong Pokemon, completed Pokedex, and general childhood memories and nostalgia...] I'm half tempted to save up for SoulSilver now, I really am.

ANYWAY, I've finally caught all the Legendaries that I can before beating Red. And of course, when I went to fight Red, I could barely get an attack in edgewise before getting fed up. It's gonna be awhile before I fight him, provided I don't get a sudden urge to levelgrind [which is entirely possible].[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

• 2 weeks later...
Recently finished [b]Professor Layton and the Unwound Future[/b] after the game arrived on my doorstep Monday afternoon. (Yes, I basically played it non-stop with breaks for sleep and food. So glad it came my first day off!) I was actually sort of disappointed with the game around the halfway point, because the story is (seemingly) predictable and easy to figure out, and the puzzles aren't [i]that[/i] tough ... but, of course, I should have known that there would be plot twist after plot twist soon enough, and eventually the story would turn completely upside down. Sorry I doubted you, Prof. Layton!

Anyway, yeah, once you get past the midpoint, the story is [i]really[/i] good with maybe the best ending in the whole series. (Though I can see some fans being kind of mixed about it.) I think the game nails the puzzle difficulty, too. There are plenty of tough puzzles that had me thinking for a good while, but nothing that is near impossible as long as you're flexible. (Which I wasn't a lot of the time, sadly. :P)

Also, can't believe I didn't notice until near the end that both Yuri Lowenthal and Liam O'Brien voice characters in the game. I haven't heard Lowenthal put on a British accent before, so that's sort of understandable (I noticed it was him once he shouted, haha), but O'Brien's voice is embarrassingly easy to spot, so lol @ me.

Favorite part of the game, aside from the climax, is [spoiler]the Don Paolo reveal and him teaming up with Layton for a brief time[/spoiler]. Awesome.

[quote name='Shinmaru' date='15 September 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1284589841' post='700536'] Yuri Lowenthal and Liam O'Brien voice characters in the game[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]asdfghjklkjhgfdsdfghjkjhgfg I'm not going to ask who they voice since I wanna be surprised, but UGH I WANT THIS GAME EVEN MORE NOW.

Anyway, I've been replaying the Subspace Emissary on Brawl recently, for the heck of it. It's fun, but I do feel like some more could be done with it. Oh well. [s]Right now I'm flailing around the Research Facility with Zero Suit Samus and Pikachu...and I'm hopelessly lost. Derp.[/s]

Edit hours later: whoops nevermind; I did get past it.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

I really should try the Professor Layton games since I like the Phoenix Wright series (only played Justice for All and Apollo Justice) and that game looks like it actually has some replay value.

Anyway, it seems like it's been forever since I've actually played something different, let alone, bought any games. I just bought [i]Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Collection[/i] today and started playing the 1st [b]Devil May Cry[/b]. Holy crap this game feels so awkward after playing Devil May Cry 3. I got a game over during the 2nd gauntlet of enemies :o. That's not me lol.

I also traded in some games for, "wait for it" (it's a shocker) [b]Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's Stardust Accelerator[/b]. :o :o I suppose you can say I'm going back to my roots in a sense. That card game was what initially got me into message boards so I figured I'd try playing that game one more time for old times.

the Yu-Gi-Oh games were far cheaper then buying those cards... so if you need a fix that's the best way to do it!

i got recommended a game from one of my crazier friends... she gave me a torrent for a Japanese Ps1 game. there was an English patch made for it and i have psx i tried it out. the game is called [b]Bloody Bride[/b] and is a vampire dating sim! i wasn't sure why my friend thought i would like it... but she was right! the gameplay is stupid... the story is stupid, in game graphics are horrible, though all dialogue switches to anime looking characters, but it is so stupid that its hilarious!

that's a good idea... but i was young at the time (and didnt have a computer to go online to boot) so i bought a ton of 'em to play with my cousin... still got them somewhere... but anyways i spent way too much money on those cards... luckily by the time i got a real job i had grown out of it for the most part.

well... i wish i had the internet when i was a kid... or at least when i was 17...
now that my entertainment is mostly free... i can save up and get things that i like... such as an education and a car...
two things people like me desperately need.
yu-gi-oh cards... not so much...

[quote name='Phenom' date='22 September 2010 - 03:35 PM' timestamp='1285194932' post='700695']
I really should try the Professor Layton games since I like the Phoenix Wright series (only played Justice for All and Apollo Justice) and that game looks like it actually has some replay value.
[/quote]

Yeah, you should definitely give the [b]Professor Layton[/b] games a shot if you like the [b]Ace Attorney[/b] games. The focus on puzzles is a bit different than the murder mysteries in [b]Ace Attorney[/b], of course, but they force you to use your brain in similar ways. Plus, the [b]Professor Layton[/b] games all have cool characters, stories and style. These point-and-click adventure-style DS games are the only games I really look forward to these days, haha.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Yeah, the Professor Layton series is great. I decided to purchase the first game in the middle of my first semester at college [...wow, has it really been that long ago?] to help me through it, and I fell in love with it. Shin hit the nail on the head, really; the characters are lovable, the music's great, the art style is fantastic, and the plots, even if they're just giant excuses to play through puzzles, are really well-done. Everyone I've recommended the series to has loved it, so I strongly suggest you check it out.

And this just makes me want to play Unwound Future that much more. asfgsfghdg

---

Still mucking around on [b]Lunar Legend[/b], albeit rather slowly. Just got to reveal numero uno that [spoiler]Ghaleon[/spoiler] is the big bad, and...I forgot what I was doing after that. I think I was on my way to Mel's place in Meribia.

And the other day I decided to fire up [b]Tales of Symphonia[/b] for the first time in years for a replay. The game is fun; not the best ever by any means, but still a nice ride, so I figured I'd play through it again. I haven't played it since then [been busy], but I will here in a bit. Last I remember, I was at Dirk and Lloyd's house, just before Colette and friends [spoiler]bolt, leaving him behind[/spoiler], so I'm not too far in it yet.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

Slight correction in the Yu-Gi-Oh game I got. It's Reverse of Arcadia instead of Stardust Accelerator. Pretty annoying for the most part but at the same time it's pretty addicting. The cards I'm getting are crap. The structure decks are pretty crappy, at least the ones that I bought, but I did manage to put together a semi-decent deck. I suppose you can say I'm finally getting used to these tuner monsters. I have about 7000+ DP and am currently doing the world championship mode thingy. In terms of story I just got my deck back along with Crows stuff in chapter 2.

the last one of those games i played was [i]Yu[/i]-[i]Gi[/i]-[i]Oh[/i]! [i]World Championship[/i] 2008
it had the same problems :P
does that version have an online play? I remember doing that for a while. it was fun to see crazy decks, but there was a ton of cheaters who would quit right before they lost so i had to make decks with burn cards just to win a game. i wish it wasn't ranked so people wouldn't be compelled to cheat.

also... does it still have those card puzzles? easily my favorite part of the games.

Halo Reach is waaaay too much fun.
the daily challenges are addicting and both multilayer and firefight are fantastic.
15% of my week Is about what i spend on this game.... not a good thing in the long run... but for now i am having a blast.

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]Busy playing Disgaea 3. Great fun, don't really like the change in learning skills. Have to use mana to upgrade your skills, not bad, just not used to it I guess. But fun overall, if Disgaea is your thing :)[/color][/font]

• 2 weeks later...
Still playing this silly/addicting card game which is pretty bad because in some cases it would interfere with homework, almost like I am with rpg's lol. I beat the game (I think it's been 2-3 weeks since I bought the game) but I still have a lot to unlock. This is kind of what I need, or was expecting with DS games because the last DS game I played (Phoenix Wright) had no replay value (although it was a great game). Anyway, I have over 30000 DP and have quite a few good decks to boot.

I think the next DS game(s) I'll end up buying will probably be some mystery game (perhaps Hotel Dusk) or Chrono Trigger (had fun when I was playing this on the PS)

i went on a spree.
I got for the project 64
Deadly Arts
Quest 64
Rampage - World Tour

for the PSX
Final Fantasy Tactics (cant put this one down!)
Megaman X6
Street Fighter EX2 Plus
Ehrgeiz - God Bless the Ring

some were really good choices, others not so much.... but i am definitely going crazy over tactics. its slow paced, but it is so in depth for abilities, combat and strategy... plus a not to shabby RPG engine. Edited by CaNz

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]I moved on from Disgaea 3, love the game but it can get a bit repetitive... :( Now i'm playing Final Fantasy XIII, very pretty...I mean VERY pretty game, but wow can you say linear. I won't go into detail because i'm sure those interested have already read/heard that story many times.

I'm still quite early on, but if anyone else has played this, what is your view on the GFs? (or eidolons) They seem pretty damn useless to me, I never use them... Maybe I'm just using them wrong or something but yeah I don't find them to be that helpful, the only reason I would summon them is to see the little cut scene that happens when you do. But that gets old fast too. Complain complain there I go again, its a decently compelling story, I do actually want to see whats going to happen. It just seems theres a bit too much whinyness going on.

8 is still my favourite, followed closely by 7. :D[/color][/font]