OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1293786017' post='703489']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I've not played the series myself, but that's what I've consistently heard, that Assassin's Creed 2 is immensely better than the first one.

[b]Super Street Fighter IV[/b] - I AM HORRIBLE AT THIS GAME LOL. Seriously, I really like it, but ohhh my gosh I'm craptacular at it so far. I keep going through Chun Li's story/arcade mode and keep having Juri hand my butt back to me several times. I guess I should try out the other characters and get back to hers later...
[/quote]
While it is better, had I known any better I wouldn't have been in a rush to get it either. Neither was is bad, these type of games aren't what I'm looking for either (I know, $31 wasted). While I'd like to continue I just can't conjure up the interest to play these games. Watching on the other hand, it's totally watchable. I'm going to get Devil May Cry 4 and Batman Arkham Asylum which was what I should've got in the first place.

I hear the character challenge is your best friend.

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1293786017' post='703489'][color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]

[b]Sonic Colors[/b] - This is very, very good so far. The music's pretty awesome, the gameplay is tight, the graphics are very pretty, and I'm very much digging the rather witty, self-referential humor peppered throughout the script. Sonic's new voice is taking some getting used to, though. It's not [i]bad[/i], just different than what I'm used to [though admittedly I've not played much of the series since Adventure 2.

[b]Mario Party 2[/b] - Also downloaded this along with Cave Story, purely on nostalgia, and for something less intensive to wind down on. The computer is a meaniehead, but I still love this game. So fun~
[/font][/color]
[/quote]
just played sonic colors yesterday. the wisp powers are applied fairly well, and I also am digging the soundtrack. I cant help feeling that I am meant to die a lot though... like, stages are set up so people will lose the first time they play them, however once I know the stage it verges on being too easy. I also think individual levels are really short. they make up for it in the amount of levels but i still think it makes the gameplay more ridged. also... sonics voice sounds just like one of my classmates. he is a surfbum kinda guy and it makes me laugh every time i hear either one of them now.

Also, my cousin got an N64 for Christmas and Mario Party 3.
I hate the partner system and heart point system is bs.... but its
still, cant beat it for mini games

I just started playing [b]Devil May Cry 4[/b]. I'm playing it on the "human" (easy) difficulty for the time being because I forgot how to play, but I'm remembering how to play little by little (then again, I'd probably say that I'm remember minute by minute).

The next game I'll probably end up buying will probably be Super Street Fighter 4. I would go for Mass Effect but Gamestop don't seem to have it and my online store don't have any in stock either.

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I just got Halo: Reach the other day. So far, I'm really loving it. It's by far the best Halo so far. Really beautiful graphics, fantastic sound and really tight gameplay. I can't wait to jump into this one on Xbox Live, even though I'll probably die frequently. Haha[/font]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1293899467' post='703534']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]I just got Halo: Reach the other day. I can't wait to jump into this one on Xbox Live, even though I'll probably die frequently. Haha[/font]
[/quote]

Awesome!
well in two weeks I will be back in southern California, and when that happens I will back you up. Edited by CaNz

I got Guild Wars, the complete collection the day before Christmas for $40. =D And I'm liking it quite a bit. But I am still playing Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (Just haven't felt like playing it). :V I actually have a lot of games that I am playing off and on; Animal Crossing, Need for Speed: Undercover, Mario Party DS...and maybe some other games. I have a buttload of games that I have but still haven't finished. >>;
And I really want a PS3 and a Wii so I can play Devil May Cry 4 for PS3 and New Super Mario Brothers and Super Smash Brothers for Wii.

I'm having too much fun with [b]Devil May Cry 4[/b] now, especially now that I have Yamato and have gotten the hang of exceed a little bit more. The style points are ranking up somewhat, but at the same time when I play on [i]Devil Hunter[/i] I think I'll have a bit more S ranks since I tend to kill these things off far too quickly to actually have my style meter go up in the S's.

I've also started (re)playing [b]Halo 3[/b] finally. I got to the point where we have to get from the underground (?) facility type thing. 2nd mission, if you will.

I'm not sure if I want to buy [i]Super Street Fighter 4[/i] just yet because of the gameplay in DMC4 is making me want to buy [b]Bayonetta[/b]. So, yeah, I'm pretty much stuck in another dilemma.

• 2 weeks later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]Getting in as much gaming as I can before I go back to school.

[b]Cave Story[/b] -- Beat this the other day. Got the bad ending [booooo] but am going to play it again for the better endings [yaaay!]. Seriously though, this game is friggin' fantastic and addicting as heck. If you're a fan of Metroidvania-type games, you'll feel right at home. Heck, I'm not one for shooters [though I do love me some platformers], and I still thoroughly enjoyed the heck out of this game. So fun. Great story too.

[b]BlazBlue CS[/b] -- Got through everyone's true endings, just have Hazama's now. Trolling with him should be fun. |D

Other games on my queue for the next couple of days: Sonic Colors, Super Street Fighter IV, Final Fantasy IV, Pokemon SoulSilver, and Mario Party 2 [mainly just to blow off steam on the minigames].[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

I'd have to say:
Cardmon hero global- the animeish design have caught my eye. I actually want to try and dress up like one of the characters in an upcoming event.
its so simple yet really nice.

other than that:

im currently hooked on
Xbox kinnect dance master and dance central
velvet assasin in PC
and
black ops

:)

I've been playing [b]Mass Effect[/b]. I did start my game over but at the same time I'm further than I was previously. Originally my Shep was a soldier but I changed him to a Vanguard, mainly because I kept hearing how good vangaurds can be. I'm not disappointed but at the same time I do think I should've stuck with being a soldier. I miss the assault rifle. I know I can still use it but I can't aim with it. Anyway, I'll save how far I got into the game for the Mass Effect thread, but I'm over 40 hours now and most of that was due to side missions. Usually when a game have so many side missions/quests and I attempt to do them the game begins to feel draggy *coughTalesoftheAbysscough* and I get bored of it. Here, while most of the side quests are fairly the same (searching for minerals or whatever) I don't feel tired of them yet. The one flaw is the Mako. Driving in that thing, while it's not as bad as I was making it out to be (anymore) but driving on rocky mountain's that are very tall, yes that is bad, or rather, tedious. Better yet, let me reverse that. Driving on a rocky mountain is actually the good part. It turns bad when a mountain to smoothing out. Anyway, I'll stop there before I end up posting my entire thoughts in this thread instead of the ME thread. (Kind of a mini-review in a sense) I'll post that when I'm done with Noveria.

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1295699812' post='704127'] ...I do think I should've stuck with being a soldier. I miss the assault rifle.
[/quote]
did you ever try the pistol out much? honestly that weapon is pretty good... Its no assault rifle but a good substitute, especially if you level it up.

Anyways I finished playing through [b]Fable 3[/b] and I have to say that its good... but It could have been so much better. The game was quite short. I beat it the first time in three days (though I played it quite a bit... almost ten hours I'd say..) owever after you beet the thing... there really is almost nothing to do afterwords... Lionheart stated that they wanted to make the game about what you do when you are king... but they didn't deliver at all, this is pretty much the case on the entire game. [spoiler] I was pissed when I only had to rule on five occasions... The rulings didnt really have large effects either... no missions, no repercussions or benefits... the only thing that changes is the scenery.[/spoiler] Pretty much all the cool things I was excited for fell short. you can have your weapons grow based on your actions... but they all suck compared to any weapon you buy... and the only thing that changes is the appearance, which you can't control well because you need to follow a path of random circumstances like "have an orgy" or "had five villagers fall in love with you" and there is about thirty of these.. you can easily fill a ton of these requirement and not know what you would get (let alone the result unless you look at a walk-through) so that's just a disappointment, and definitely not worth reducing the number of different weapons to four. Also... the dynamic touch system is so buggy and pointless. you can get someone who doesn't want to follow you to do it... but it takes so long to drag people it is never worth it. they could have added a pick up person function for your 5 star strength hero and it would have accomplished everything that the hold hands system does. the people don't stay attached to you if you alter your speed to much or so much as touch stairs, and if they try to move from side to side the character glitches and you walk like a snail. Also too many quests rely on it, and it doesnt help when enemies show up and after you kill them the person you have to hold hand with glitches and wont allow you to do the command... making you click left trigger like an idiot until you walk in and out. [spoiler]Aside from the Evil villain of the game being a generic monster that says every cliche bad guy line in the book,[/spoiler] the plot of the story is really good. far better than fable 2 and was worth any replay value this game has. I wish that part was longer... but I was happy. The game is fun... It just was disappointing because they had something that could have been so much more.... all they had to do was give us what they had promised they would.... but Fable is falling into the trend lots of RPGs are going through.... dumbing down all the RPG elements until you have something that is barely anything more than an action game.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1295751593' post='704139']
did you ever try the pistol out much? honestly that weapon is pretty good... Its no assault rifle but a good substitute, especially if you level it up.
[/quote]

I switch between the shotgun and pistol quite often. And I have them fairly even, I think. Might have the shotgun up by 1 point.

39 days until Pokemon Black/White is released. So SoulSilver Halo: Reach will have to tide me over until then. Speaking of pokemon...my brother needs to hurry up and catch Kyogre so he can trade it to me so I can catch Rayquaza :D Gruntocalypse on Halo Reach is fun...especially if you make it so you don't have shields and bonus rounds are 3 sets of hunter kill teams :D

[quote name='Felix the Cat' timestamp='1295783897' post='704149']
In other news, I've recently bought Mario Galaxy, which rules, except for the horribad camera angles...
[/quote]

INORITE? A good 60% of the time I couldn't even see what Mario was doing. (I think Bowser bribed the camera guy.)

As for me, I just started playing [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B]. [s]I'm getting super tired of the word fonon.[/s] I'm enjoying the characters quite a bit, but I wish the battle system had more strategy to it than just ZOMG BUTTON MASH TIEM. Edited by Mistress Duck

[quote name='Mistress Duck' timestamp='1295829006' post='704168']but I wish the battle system had more strategy to it than just ZOMG BUTTON MASH TIEM.
[/quote]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]That's the rule for pretty much every action RPG out there, though, unfortunately. Most still manage to be fun, but it can get kinda tedious after awhile.

At least you're starting with Abyss; the games before that didn't have Free Run, which meant you were forced to fight in a fixed 2D plane. It [i]really[/i] sucked when I was replaying Symphonia some months ago, and kept hitting the R button to try to go to Free Run, only for nothing to happen. 8|

Anyway, on my side of the coin, thanks to a CERTAIN SOMEONE [spoiler]Ace stop highlighting this[/spoiler], I'm replaying [b]Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door[/b] again. I only just beat Hooktail the other day, though, so I'm not too far in. Prolly gonna bum around on some Trouble Center stuff before I go to Boggly Woods, since I haaaaate that chapter.[/font][/color]

[quote name='Sangome' timestamp='1295830089' post='704173']
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]That's the rule for pretty much every action RPG out there, though, unfortunately.[/font][/color]
[/quote]
Mass Effect begs to differ.

[quote name='CaNz' timestamp='1295836227' post='704181']
till you go to Mass Effect 2... they dumb down the RPG aspect so much that its hard to even tell it apart from a generic action game.
[/quote]
Not saying it's different from other action games. I'm saying there's no button mashing in it. You're telling me there's button mashing in ME2? Not that I have a problem with it since I play a lot of hack n slashers (Devil May Cry anybody).

well... kinda.. its still a shooter... but have you ever played GTA? its basicly the same stile as that. like button masher RPGs you just have to attack the enemies with whatever you have equipped to win. any strategic moves or upgrades you had before are pointless now cause you can go through the entire game with your original gear and kill anything. It has the cover system like Gears of War... and kinda feels like it at times, but I dislike how little the RPG element effects anything in ME2... It feels repetitive after a while... I went back to 1 halfway through my second playthrough and never got back to it.

Playing [b]Ghost Trick[/b], on the recommendation of good ol' [s]Ace[/s] The Professor. Basically a [b]Phoenix Wright[/b]-style story (noir-ish supernatural murder mystery) with [b]Professor Layton[/b]-style puzzles (basically manipulation of objects to achieve certain effects). The mystery's not bad so far, and I'm at the two-thirds point at the moment, so I'm sure there will be crazier plot twists to come, as is the norm with Shu Takumi's stories.

[color=royalblue][size=1]I've also started to play [b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] after managing to find a copy of it at the local GameStop I didn't get very far into it, but I do agree on the button mashing strategy. Just keep hitting X and maybe up and down and right and press O and watch as Luke does everything and Tear maybe does a chant. (At this point. I understand it won't always be like this. AHHH WHY DO I HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO YOU PEOPLE)

I really need to finish up [b]Golden Sun: Dark Dawn[/b], since I got to the point that's right before the final boss fight, but I can go off and unlock dungeons and stuff since I have the Infinity Plus One sword.

Aaaand maybe I should get back to playing [b]Pokemon SoulSilver[/b] since I actually plan on getting White or Black when they come out...[/size][/color]