OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

I still remember playing Tales of the Abyss that time I had it. [spoiler]Legretta practically made me her whipping boy. She scarred me for life. Toughest female I've ever faced in a game[/spoiler].

I'm playing [b]Mass Effect 2[/b]. Kinda getting used to it but I do hate the hacking mini-game on this one. Actually, both of those hacking mini-games are rather tedious especially when your tv is on the small side and you have to get up close to your screen to see everything. I did find a remedy to that but at the same time I still need a new tv.

For me there are no new games out for the 360 [s]or there are but i don't know about them[/s] anyway, for a while i have been playing matchmaking on Halo: Reach, i do have other games but i am either stuck or i cannot be bothered playing the campains. And another reason why i haven't bought any more games is because they are so damn expensive here in australia! >( even games that came out months and months ago are still $50+ unless you buy pre-owned, but then they are still pricey. Everything was so cheaper in america, i kinda wish i was back there now.

[img]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5281/5356176670_e69967185f.jpg[/img]

[font="Times New Roman"]Cant sleep.
Spirit of angry exgirlfriend, will try to eat me.
[STRIKE]Nine down, six to go.[/STRIKE]
[color="#FF0000"][B]EDIT:[/B][/color] Game completed, Round [STRIKE]2[/STRIKE] 5 has begun.
[SPOILER]I think it's a bad thing that my ex shares the name of the evil spirit in[/SPOILER] [B][I]Dead Space II[/B][/I].[/font] Edited by Anakoni Stark

[font="Palatino Linotype"]So, I'm back into Mass Effect now...trying to finish it in preparation for ME2. It's a weird experience in a way, having gotten a few hours in and then stopped playing for maybe a year or more, only to pick up where I left off!

I'm really enjoying the experience, even though some elements of the game can be a little frustrating. Sometimes the good/bad decisions don't make much sense to me.

For example, in Noveria, there's a [spoiler]guy in a containment cell, who is desperate to be released. He's pleading to be released and he's promising to help, but he's obviously insane and there's something very sinister about him. Your teammates actually warn you that he might be dangerous. So after giving it some thought, I decided not to let him out - the game seemed quite intent to portray him as somehow dodgy or evil. When I said I wouldn't let him out, he went nuts and ran into the wall, killing himself. Then I got some Renegade points. WTF? Wasn't I actually doing something good by not releasing him, since he's so obviously evil? Who knows![/spoiler]

I guess it's very possible that every player will agree/disagree with the various Paragon/Renegade moments in the game, but then again, I think generally the moral choices are pretty clear. I did, however, release the [spoiler]rachni queen[/spoiler], so I'm wondering how hard that decision will bite me on the ass in Mass Effect 2. Haha. :P[/font]

I went back to playing the 1st [b]Mass Effect[/b]. Actually, I have 2 playthroughs going on. I'm replaying as my first Shep to make him a renegade, and then my other Shep is being played is a soldier. 1 thing I already see different is the consort. [spoiler]I had no idea you could sleep with her. Going the renegade route, admittedly I was curious to see if I could do the same with Emily[/spoiler] "coughs".

I was playing Napoleon total war but the european campaign is utterly boring imo but i think i'll play it anyway

wont be long untill shogun though! and the 3ds will be here even before that.

i would like to tell you about a glitch in mass effect 1: (i dont know how well known this glitch is but its fun imo)
[spoiler] on the very beginning on noveria, in the spaceport you would want to do this:
-choose a character with the biotic ability "lift"
-there is a crate there that is the same height as the concrete barrier wall (right out of the normandy it should be somewhere on your left, go look for it)
-order a biotic lift on that crate
-stand underneath it

-when the crate drops you will all of the sudden be on top of it, allowing you to walk the concrete barrier
-if you walk into a corner near the normandy you will fall onto the spaceport floor and will be able to walk across the spaceport and such
theres some crates there (why? i dunno :P) and if you walk into the right (or wrong depending on your view) direction you will fall forever untill youre game crashes (dont say i didnt warn you)[/spoiler]
i only tested this on 360 when i still had one!

[quote name='James' timestamp='1296432219' post='704554']
[font="Palatino Linotype"]... I did, however, release the [spoiler]rachni queen[/spoiler], so I'm wondering how hard that decision will bite me on the ass in Mass Effect 2. Haha. :P[/font]
[/quote]

[Font="Times New Roman]The consequence isn't full resolved in the second game [spoiler]as you'll run into an Asari on Illium and she turns out to be the messenger for the rachni queen, she relays a message letting Shepard know that they're doing well. Also while running around on The Citadel, you'll hear reports of alleged sightings of rachni ships.[/spoiler]

I am curious to see if the consequence is fully realised in Mass Effect III.[/font]

Currently on my PS3, I'm playing Heavy Rain all over again to see if I can get some other ending than the one I got a couple months back. For some reason I was itching to play this game again, so once again, I am doing so!

[quote name='Anakoni Stark' timestamp='1296668958' post='704628']
[Font="Times New Roman]The consequence isn't full resolved in the second game [spoiler]as you'll run into an Asari on Illium and she turns out to be the messenger for the rachni queen, she relays a message letting Shepard know that they're doing well. Also while running around on The Citadel, you'll hear reports of alleged sightings of rachni ships.[/spoiler]

I am curious to see if the consequence is fully realised in Mass Effect III.[/font]
[/quote]

[font=palatino linotype]Interesting! I think it will be fun to see that stuff in Mass Effect 2.

Anyway, I just finished the first game (and I've ordered the second). The ending to Mass Effect [spoiler]was okay. I chose to save the Council. Given that in doing so the Sovereign was also killed, I'm not entirely sure why I should have bothered choosing the other option - unless I just wanted Renegade points, anyway.[/spoiler]

So yeah, as much as I enjoyed Mass Effect I'm kind of glad it's over now. I'm keen to play the second game; I think I'll like it more. Parts of the first game frustrated me a bit and the entire thing did have a slightly stale feeling to it at times.

While I wait for Mass Effect 2 to arrive, I'm back into The Orange Box (playing Half-Life 2). I've already finished that on PC, but I wanted to play through it again. And I have to admit, even after all these years...it still feels cutting-edge. Honestly, I think Half-Life 2 is one of the biggest gaming achievements in the history of the industry, haha. And now playing it again after several years, it still feels so clever and intuitive. And it still looks and sounds beautiful. I'm very impressed. :)[/font]

Started playing Borderlands again for reasons unknown. I am going through as a Soldier (since I have played through every other class!!!1) this time with friends.
also I am probably getting Zombie Island now that the price has dropped.. I may do a review later if I do.

xbox 360:
naruto ultimate ninja storm 2-ttebayo!
blazblue calamity trigger
fable 3
devil may cry 4

computer:
black and white 1
spore

wii:
animal crossing let's go to the city

ps3:
devil may cry 3
street fighter

ds:
r4 card
pokemon soul silver

You can laugh if you like... but I have gotten into [b]Harvest Moon 3[/b] for GameBoy color. Its not the prettiest game, but for its time it isn't too bad. In the slice of life video game genre I usualy will prefer Animal crossing... but this game is kinda cute too. Though most of the game is based on wooing the partner you have been forced to live with, the gameplay is kind of a Farmvile like motion, however you can skip almost all of it once you have enough money to buy a sprinkler (they cost more than almost anything else in the game, but they do 90% of your work for you.
also when you get your partner to like you more they do better at their job, and eventually they become almost perfect.

The greatest part of the game is the different movies every season. I don't think I have ever had as much fun watching a short in my life. Comedic genius in its truest form: Unintentional humor.
I can play this game and feel like I havent done anything, yet look at the clock and realize five hours have gone by.

• 2 weeks later...
[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I rented [b]Marvel vs Capcom 3[/b] for my four-day weekend. I'm a newbie to the series, and I must say, I've been enjoying it a lot. I've beaten Arcade mode with all the Capcom characters I wanted to beat it with, now I'm gonna focus on Marvel's side before I have to take it back tomorrow.

Oh, and it's also gotten me interested in Devil May Cry, more interested in Darkstalkers, and makes me mad that my memory card and Okami do not compute. Mergh. And it's making me want to play Megaman Legends...[i]again[/i]. Oh well, I'm always up for more MML, so.

I also suddenly decided to play some [b]Mario Party[/b] games, and nearly burned my eyes out on Piece Out. So many brightly colored blocks...but now I wanna play it again, so sdjdksdadasdas. Friggin' addicting puzzle games.[/font][/color]

[font="Palatino Linotype"]I'm still playing Mass Effect 2 - such a brilliant game! I think it's fast becoming my favourite of this generation (at least on the Xbox 360).

Once I finish it, I am thinking about getting Donkey Kong Country Returns or maybe Kirby's Epic Yarn. I can't decide. I'm also keen to try Goldeneye on Wii - it looks awesome and the reviews seem pretty good too. Any thoughts on these options? :)[/font]

Right now I'm playing [b]999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors[/b] for the DS. It's basically a cross between [b]Professor Layton[/b] and [b]Saw[/b] -- you're kidnapped and placed onto a ship with eight other people as part a game and must solve puzzles to get off the ship, or else a bomb implanted in you will explode. The puzzles are of fair difficulty; some of them will stump you, and others will click right away, but none that I have done so far have required bizarre logical leaps or anything like that.

There are two gameplay modes: One, of course, is the puzzle mode, where you're in rooms and have to solve puzzles to get out. The other is the story mode, where everything unfolds like a visual novel. The story is told with good detail (especially where the violence is concerned), and occasionally you'll get choices about what to do or where to go that affect how the story develops. This is important because there are six endings to the game, four of which (at least) are bad endings. (I've experienced two of them so far.) After you beat the game, you unlock a sort of New Game+ mode where you go back through the game and can skip dialogue you've read before, and choices you have gone through previously will be grayed out, so you make different choices the next go around.

That's the only way to get the entire story. Going through different paths reveal various parts of the story that make the whole slightly clearer. Once you start, some of the characters are tough to get behind because they aren't fleshed out much (since a lot of the story is focused on getting the hell out of rooms and random tangents), but details mount up on different playthroughs, and my opinion has definitely shifted on a couple of people. (For instance, I disliked Lotus at the start, but now I think she's awesome.)

So, yeah, pretty cool so far. For anyone who has played the game, I got the endings where [spoiler]Clover axes Junpei, and where a mysterious person slaughters the whole group before Junpei can get on a submarine[/spoiler]. Some of the backstory details are becoming clearer, as well ...

[color=deeppink]Just finished [i]demolishing[/i] Red Dead Redemption. Enjoyable game, but it suffers from the same flaw that keeps me from loving GTA: [i]it's not very fun to play.[/i] Sure, it's alright, and I think it actually did a better job of keeping me engrossed in the action than GTA, but it's still only mediocre.

I've been tooling around with some older games, as is my way. I'm about halfway through Mirror's Edge (wtf how did this game happen?), I've picked up Beautiful Katamari again, and I'm also playing Star Trek: Legacy, Beatles Rock Band, Rez, Every Extend Extra, Lumines.... lot's of old games I'm only now getting around to playing.

And Marvel vs Capcom 3. Holy god damn that game is complicated. I think I've got the advanced-basics down, but there's still so much more I could know and I doubt I ever will.[/color]

So, uh, [b]999[/b] is fantastic. The puzzles are solid (though not [b]Prof. Layton[/b] levels of good), and the story is crazy awesome. Kept me up late into the evening in consecutive nights, so it was definitely doing something right. I correctly guessed some of the minor twists, but a lot of the major twists had me reacting like "whooooooooaaaa" and suffice to say I never would have guessed the major twist (the reason for the Nonary Game) in a bajillion years. My mind is still buzzing thinking about it ... and now I want to read up on all the scientific and philosophical concepts brought up in the game.

So yeah. Play this game, people, especially you [b]Ace Attorney[/b]/[b]Prof. Layton[/b]/[b]Ghost Trick[/b] lovin' crowd.

So I've been playing Super Street Fighter 4 with this arcade stick (got it through Tekken 6's limited edition which I won't play), and while I've become a little decent with it I could still use a lot of work. I've developed quite a decent Guy. His target combo is really nice and I've caught onto how to link that together into his special moves along with his super. Now I'm working on linking that with his Ultra. I also gotta work on my usage of EX moves and linking them together and whatnot. I think I have 4 more of his trial left. I've been watching some of Vesper Arcade's video's and they're very helpful.