OtakuBoards

What are You Watching/Reading Now?

2010DigitalBoy

The stages of accepting the freakish names in Death Note are much like the stages of grief.

Denial: [I]No! It's Raito!!![/I]
Anger: [I]Who the hell came up with this crap?[/I]
Bargaining: [I]Let me call him Raito in my fanfic, at least...[/I]
Depression: [I] Engrish has brought my world to a crashing halt.[/I]
Acceptance: [I]Mello? Near? Mere lulz.[/I]

The advantage of this process is that by the time you get to the novel, which contains names so terrifyingly improbable** that they make "Weddy" look as normal as "Jane," you're totally ready to accept whatever the writer has to throw at you. :animesmil

**Two words: [spoiler]Backyard Bottomslash.[/spoiler]

~Dagger~

[FONT=Arial]No, seriously.

"Weddy's? Doe. Ad we've beed to BicDoddles twice dis week. Let's go to Burger Keeg."

L, Mello, Near, etc., I can understand. Frill Raito vs. Light. It just seems silly to get [I]so close[/I] and not hit the name, you know?[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]"Weddy's? Doe. Ad we've beed to BicDoddles twice dis week. Let's go to Burger Keeg."
[/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Ahhh... BicDoddles made me laugh so hard.

But seriously. I refuse to call him Light.

Ooo! Ooo! Gokusen. I love Gokusen.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I decided to give Death Note a break.

So what am I reading now? Highschool of the Dead.

It's like... one of the most amazing things I have ever laid eyes on. I mean, zombies? It just doesn't get any better than that.

No idea why I didn't mention this earlier... oh, right.
BicDoddles.
Ahaha. Ahahaha. HA. AHAHAHAHAHAHAha... ha... haaaaa.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

I have been watching Marmalade boy. HOLY CRAP THIS ANIMATION SUCKS!!!
That said the story is picking up and it's really getting interesting. Oh yea and I thought there was gonna be [spoiler]gay butt secks[/spoiler] at one point...man was I disappointed when that didn't go down. Still a good show so far though...

[color=darkred][size=1]

Right now I'm watching [b]Outlaw Star[/b] on DVD, and I'm realizing that it has far more sex and blood than I remember from the original broadcast, which is awesome. Also more strippers and nakedness.

I'm still reading [b]Naruto[/b], and I don't plan on stopping either. Also still watching [b]Bleach[/b], though I'm skipping the filler seasons and episodes.

I'm trying to pick up a new series but I'm short on ideas.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE]Right now I'm watching Outlaw Star on DVD, and I'm realizing that it has far more sex and blood than I remember from the original broadcast, which is awesome. Also more strippers and nakedness.[/QUOTE]I only remember seeing tits in the hot springs episode(albeit awesome cat girl tits). Is there nudity that I missed in some other episode?

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]still flipin' through shinshoku kiss...
yea miyazaki is a genious. his interpretation of Howl's Moving Castle left me weeping for a whole day..*-*
i've recently taken to watching densha otoko...its very entertaining in the stupid way xP tho i must admit one of the versions is much better than the other.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Aceburner']So I picked up [I]Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind[/I] today. I saw it at the library and remembered how much I liked both [I]Howl's Moving Castle[/I] and [I]Spirited Away[/I], so I just had to get it. So far I'm only about 15 minutes in, but I like what I've seen. Saying Miyazaki is a genius may be an understatement.[/QUOTE]

Nausicaa is probably one fo my favorite Miyazaki flicks. The entire thing had me guessing as to what will happen. Also the scenery was gorgeous. Apparently the manga is even better than the anime. If you enjoy that(which you will) you should check it out.

[quote name='Panache']Nausicaa is probably one fo my favorite Miyazaki flicks. The entire thing had me guessing as to what will happen. Also the scenery was gorgeous. Apparently the manga is even better than the anime. If you enjoy that(which you will) you should check it out.[/QUOTE]

I'm considering it, definitely. It was an awesome movie.

Also been reading [I]Chrono Crusade[/I]. Picked this one up at the library, too. Maybe not the most epic thing in the world, but it's entertaining and I like most of the characters.

[SIZE="1"]I've just finished rewatching [B]Zoids: Chaotic Century[/B] as of earlier this morning, it was pretty nostalgic, one of the things I enjoyed the most was despite the fact it was completely dubbed, the voices didn't suck, and of course the characters fight one another in giant robots, which gives me a big geeky smile, makes me wonder why I never got into Gundam really. [/SIZE]

All I can say is thanks to Spring Break this past week at the school I work at , I've been able to catch up on some my to watch stack of dvds.

Anime:
Just finished Excel Saga
currently watching Black Blood Brothers vol. 2
xxxHolic Vol.1
Legend of Black Heaven vol,3
Solty Rei vol. 1
And thanks to a most of the GameStop stores in my area having a buy 2 dvds get four free deal going.
Trigun (minus vol. 3 and 8)
Steam Dectives vol.1
Osamu Tezuka's Metropolis
Kiddy Grade Vol.1,3,4 -Not as good as I was expecting.-

Manga:
Currently re-reading Variante vol.1

[QUOTE]I'm considering it, definitely. It was an awesome movie.

Also been reading Chrono Crusade. Picked this one up at the library, too. Maybe not the most epic thing in the world, but it's entertaining and I like most of the characters.[/QUOTE]Chrono Crusade gets epic at the end...at least in the anime. That's a really good series in my opinion. It's winner after winner with you eh?:)

I'm currently reading the recent Naruto manga release in Japan. (go to onemanga.com they have it translated) so far it's pretty interesting... although I skipeed a couple of chapters and kinda don't know what's going on.

As for something I'm watching, well I was watching the Naruto movie, then I switched to this old Japanese anime called Ginga Nagareboshi Gin (Legend of the falling star Gin) on youtube. Probably one of the best animes I've ever dared to watch.

Watched the first episode of [b]Allison & Lilia[/b], but I don't think I'm going to stick with it. The direction just feels kind of pedestrian and old-fashioned, which is fine when I'm watching an older show, but not so thrilling when it comes to brand new series. It didn't hook me, I guess... normally I'd stick with it simply because it's from the guy who wrote the Kino's Journey novels, but there are so many interesting-looking shows starting this season that I don't feel motivated to keep this on my plate.

~Dagger~

Just saw [B]Porco Rosso[/B]. I was a bit disappointed at the ending, but the humor and unique plot made up for it. Pales in comparison to [B]Nausicaa[/B], though. Not Miyazaki's best, but it was worth the 4 buck rental. I'm thinking [B]Princess Mononoke[/B] next. Good idea/bad idea?

EDIT: Hookay, the library doesn't have it. Instead, I ordered [B]Kiki's Delivery Service[/B]. I'm trying to get through all of Miyazaki's stuff. And yes, I found the [B]Nausicaa[/B] Manga. It's really good.

Watching nothing at the moment, though Ive been watching Hell Girl/Jogoku Shoujo on and off for a month or so and Im reading Vampire Knight (which there is two new chapters of on onemanga.com if anyones reading this.) but I need to wait for new chapters again now :animecry:

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I've been re-watching[B] Lovely Complex[/B] since it's such a fun romantic comedy. It's been just long enough that I had forgotten what a fun show it is. I'm also re-reading what I have of the [B]Fruits Basket [/B]Manga. It too is something that it's been just long enough that I had forgotten just how funny this series really is. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Okay, just saw [B]Princess Mononoke[/B]. Loved it. Miyazaki's done it again. Epic masterpiece. The violence did get a bit gratuitous, though, so my favorite remains [B]Nausicaa[/B] for now. [B]Kiki's Delivery Service[/B] next. Expecting to enjoy it, probably still won't beat out you-know-what, though.

I should probably watch [B]Spirited Away[/B] again while I'm at it. I'm not sure if I've seen it all.