OtakuBoards

What are You Watching/Reading Now?

2010DigitalBoy

I can go on for days about why I hate movie 8. The "[i]Believe in Goku[/i]" is part of the reason why I don't watchd DBZ in general anymore. But the main reason I hate that movie is because of Vegeta's character. He's the baddest of the bad when it comes to shonen (or rather, he used to be) and they decided to have this guy act like some sort of coward when we all know that even against the strongest foe he'd probably spit in their face. Ridiculous. Whether the movie is connected to the series is something I don't know, but the creators did ruin Vegeta for me with that movie.

Has anyone ever seen Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto? I'm a sucker for samurai anime so I'm looking for some input about that series.

[quote name='Phenom' date='06 September 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1283832530' post='700289']
I can go on for days about why I hate movie 8. The "[i]Believe in Goku[/i]" is part of the reason why I don't watchd DBZ in general anymore.
[/quote]
wait... so your saying having a giant list of characters that are almost completely useless doesn't make a good show? having everyone wait for Goku to save the day for the thousandth time gets old? impossible!

anyways, i am watching Gundam 00 again... now if there was ever as show that equally distributes the main characters roles as well as this show, i have yet to see it. I suppose the main character is Setsuna F. Seiei (love that name) but all the Gundam pilots seem to have as big of a role in the story. and as for having control of the plot they seem to play a minor role in comparison to the legion of minor characters who all get tons of back-story.

i dont know why but i always end up liking the guys who aren't gundam pilots.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOBngvcYKuM&feature=related[/media]
this was hard to find in English dub (which has a way better line if you don't know Japanese culture)
anyways i always get all teary eyed when an overconfident gundam pilot gets schooled by a someone who is a superior pilot in an inferior model... so i had to share.

[quote name='CaNz' date='07 September 2010 - 06:42 AM' timestamp='1283856138' post='700300']
wait... so your saying having a giant list of characters that are almost completely useless doesn't make a good show? having everyone wait for Goku to save the day for the thousandth time gets old? impossible!
[/quote]
Hey, when you're a child-teen you don't recognize that stuff, but going back to it now... Yeah, you notice every little detail especially after watching other things in the same genre.

when DBZ came to toonami i watched it, but i also watched Gundam Wing, and i could easily tell which one had better characters. i was a teen child at the time too, i just got bored quicker than most i guess... i remember thinking, why does everyone suck, and why wont they ever shut up and fight? thus i became a Gundam fan. Edited by CaNz

When DBZ came to Toonami that was all I'd watch, but before then I was watching DBZ before it came to Toonami. I think it was on Fox Kids or UPN or something like that.

[u]Reading[/u]

[b]Claymore[/b] - The newest addition to my low backlog of manga. I started reading this last night and I'm already on chapter 50. My goodness, my only regret is not coming to this series earlier than I should've. Initially I had a problem coming into the series because I can't stand characters like Raki, and hearing that he gets in the way really caused me to keep away, but because I was looking for something new I decided to cave in and give it a try and I am so glad that I did. These are some of the best female characters I can ever ask for since I finished reading Fullmetal Alchemist. I like seeing strong female characters. You have no idea how sick and tired I am of seeing damsels or characters that dresses trashy. I can't say who my favorite is at the moment, but this is definately a welcomed refresher here. Definately has the potential to become my overall favorite manga.

[b]Psyren[/b] - Considering that it follows the same formula that the big 3 goes by I'm rather fond of Psyren. I think it was chapter 132 (the one with Amamiya vs Shiner), it seemed to have hit a weak point, but it seems like it's picking up again. I'm also re-reading it as well and it still feels as strong as ever.

[b]Bleach and Naruto[/b] - To be frank, the only reason I'm still reading Bleach is because I'm still anticipating bankai's, but I don't know if I'm willing to hold on anymore because of that. I'm also fond of samurai's so I'm a little bias there as well, otherwise I would've been and dropped Bleach... (I am normally not too forgiving when it comes to anime/manga/games) I'm an action maniac, but the constant battles in Bleach has been pushing my limits and out of only 2 new bankai's... Yeah, I'm not pleased one bit. As for Naruto I've dropped it so many times already and the one thing that keeps me coming back is the fights and the villains, and in a sense I want to see how some of this'll turn out. But other than that, I'm becoming rather bored with everything Kubo and Kishi has given despite having some rather success chapters for the last couple of weeks.

And then I'm debating on whether I want to try reading D-Grayman as well as Code Breaker.

[quote name='Phenom' date='09 September 2010 - 04:01 AM' timestamp='1284019307' post='700352']
When DBZ came to Toonami that was all I'd watch, but before then I was watching DBZ before it came to Toonami. I think it was on Fox Kids or UPN or something like that.
[/quote]

[color=indigo]It was on UPN for some time, but I think they stopped showing it right between the episodes when Vegeta and Zarbon are going at it. I remember thinking it was an odd place to stop.

I'm about halfway through [b]Soul Eater[/b], which means I have liked it enough to stick with the series but not enough to watch more than one episode now and again. Last weekend I had a mini Studio Ghibli marathon. I watched [i]Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind[/i], [i]Grave of Fireflies[/i], [i]Princess Mononoke[/i], and [i]Spirited Away[/i]. All great films.
[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]At the moment I'm busy watching K-On!! I'm just a sucker for anime with bands/music involved x_X (Beck being one of my favorites) Also busy reading Vagabond....too badass for words, I love me some samurai in the morning. [/color][/font]

I'm rewatching [b]Soul Eater[/b] this week.  Mere words cannot describe how much I love this series.  The characters are all well designed and amusing to watch, the action sequences are fast paced and exciting and the storyline is original and well written.  Soul Eater has comedy, action and drama and it does them all very well in my humble opinion.

I just finished reading the [b]Air Gear[/b] omnibus (vol. 15-17).  The storyline has moved off in a weird direction with a lot of sci-fi elements being mixed into the backstory but I can't say I'm displeased with any of it.  I'm seriously hoping they don't wait another obsenely long stretch of time before they update.  The suspense is building and I can't wait to find out how Air Gear ends.

Right now I'm really into Slice of Life School Style anime. However, some of them get pretty scary... :blink:
Here's what I'm watching right now.

[b]Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei[/b] - I'm on the third season now and what started off as a series about a teacher who only sees things in a negative light teaching a group of abnormal students has turned into more of a random comedy. (Although it was kind of always like that to begin with.) I still laugh at it, but sometimes it gets pretty creepy. :blink:

[b]Lucky Star[/b] - I wanted to watch this one for a while, but the first episode nearly killed it for me. I can only take girls talking about how to eat different food for so long. My friends and I like to talk about random stuff too, but I'm sure it's boring for people to watch us too. Lucky Channel and how it is related to the team behind the Melancholy of Haruhi (I think) is keeping me interested in this show.

[b]K-on![/b] - I love music and bands and this ended up being a funnier show than I thought it would be. Almost anything involving the main characters together is usually hilarious. (Especially Yui and Mio.) I'm glad there's a second season.

[b]Azumanga Daioh[/b] - An older slice of life show but a good one. I thought this was going to be the most boring show a while back, but now that I'm watching it I was really wrong. It's way out there most of the times. Especially when Osaka or Kimura are involved. :wacko:

[quote]Right now I'm really into Slice of Life School Style anime. However, some of them get pretty scary... :blink:
Here's what I'm watching right now.

[b]Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei[/b] - I'm on the third season now and what started off as a series about a teacher who only sees things in a negative light teaching a group of abnormal students has turned into more of a random comedy. (Although it was kind of always like that to begin with.) I still laugh at it, but sometimes it gets pretty creepy. :blink:

[b]Lucky Star[/b] - I wanted to watch this one for a while, but the first episode nearly killed it for me. I can only take girls talking about how to eat different food for so long. My friends and I like to talk about random stuff too, but I'm sure it's boring for people to watch us too. Lucky Channel and how it is related to the team behind the Melancholy of Haruhi (I think) is keeping me interested in this show.

[b]K-on![/b] - I love music and bands and this ended up being a funnier show than I thought it would be. Almost anything involving the main characters together is usually hilarious. (Especially Yui and Mio.) I'm glad there's a second season.

[b]Azumanga Daioh[/b] - An older slice of life show but a good one. I thought this was going to be the most boring show a while back, but now that I'm watching it I was really wrong. It's way out there most of the times. Especially when Osaka or Kimura are involved. :wacko:[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]Some are scary...some you only realize are truly messed up at the end....School Days.... I try not to talk about it, although it was kinda enjoyable with the creep out factor, but yeah.

Man Azumanga Daioh is so damn cool, I've re-watched it a few times and love it every time. I'm not a girl but you don't really need to be to relate to the characters, its just fun and quirky (random) awesomeness. Sakaki is my favorite character, next to Osaka. There aren't many guys in my circle who admit to liking Azumanga, saying it's a girl's show, but screw em I don't care.

Lucky Star was pretty cool, it's not a profound landmark in the slice of life genre, but yeah enjoyable.

I've now moved onto watching Shippuden again, I've stowed away my rage and hate for it (which if I think about it now, was pretty damn retarded) and decided to play catch up. I stopped at like Episode 61 the last time I watched it, so yeah I've got quite a ton to get through. Naruto has some good points, as much as the people out there who love to hate it would care to admit (I was one for quite a while). As much as someone might hate Naruto, everyone wants to see its conclusion.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Ordus' date='23 September 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1285228672' post='700705'][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]
I've now moved onto watching Shippuden again, I've stowed away my rage and hate for it (which if I think about it now, was pretty damn retarded) and decided to play catch up. I stopped at like Episode 61 the last time I watched it, so yeah I've got quite a ton to get through. Naruto has some good points, as much as the people out there who love to hate it would care to admit (I was one for quite a while). As much as someone might hate Naruto, everyone wants to see its conclusion.[/color][/font]
[/quote]
i think you are right were i am... i know most of naruto is bad, but i cant help but like a lot of the minor characters, and its an interesting plot (when they stick to it... which never seems to happen)
i really should take a break from it again though because i know the next few episodes are gonna be nothing but filler...

luckily i am on the second season of 00 gundam... this time all the characters i love seem to fall under soap-opera overly dramatized situations... but i cant help but feel connected to them, even though i know how horribly cliche the events are.
I just got to the episode where Lockon 2.0 tells Anew he loves her... in front of everyone at her post... it was hilariously perfect.
...course right after that problems had to happen...

[quote name='Ordus' date='23 September 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1285228672' post='700705'][font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]Man Azumanga Daioh is so damn cool, I've re-watched it a few times and love it every time. I'm not a girl but you don't really need to be to relate to the characters, its just fun and quirky (random) awesomeness. Sakaki is my favorite character, next to Osaka. There aren't many guys in my circle who admit to liking Azumanga, saying it's a girl's show, but screw em I don't care.[/color][/font][/quote]
[color=#4B0082]That's ironic, considering Azumanga is classified as a seinen (adult male) anime/manga.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko' date='25 September 2010 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1285397926' post='700750']
[color="#4b0082"]That's ironic, considering Azumanga is classified as a seinen (adult male) anime/manga.[/color]
[/quote]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]Ah interesting, I had no idea. At first glance it doesn't seem to target that demographic, but then again I watched and enjoyed the hell out of so maybe they hit the nail on the head. I guess that raises another question though, why would a series about Highschool teen girls be so entertaining to an adult/male audience? I don't get an pervyness off this show, so that rules out the obvious. Meh well one can dissect but in the end it's just a very cool down to earth show.[/color][/font]

[font="Comic Sans MS"][color="#4169e1"]I recently finished the first season of Sengoku Basara. Story is a bit cold and lame for me, but the characters make up for that. It seems like they took a bunch of chars out of a fighting game and stuck em in a wishy washy story (If this is the case I wouldn't know, i don't research these things ^^) But some of the animation in there is very impressive.
[/color][/font]

Hey, even action junkies and hentai freaks like to take a break and step outside of their norm every once in a while. [b]Azumanga[/b] and [b]Lucky Star[/b] are usually the go-to titles when you want to put your brain in idle and unwind.

[b]Sengoku Basara[/b] is on my wishlist. Not sure I should be reading negative reviews right now.   :blink:

I just finished the first half of [b]Hell Girl: Three Vessels[/b] and it ended on a cliffhanger.  The two-month wait for the final volume is going to be.....well, Hell.  But I've got [b]Xamd: Lost Memories[/b], the second season of [b]Haruhi[/b] and [b]Corpse Princess[/b] to keep me entertained for the time being.

[quote name='Desbreko' date='25 September 2010 - 08:58 AM' timestamp='1285397926' post='700750']
[color=#4B0082]That's ironic, considering Azumanga is classified as a seinen (adult male) anime/manga.[/color]
[/quote]

[b]I can believe that, with scenes like Osaka staring at Sakaki's chest and not saying anything. Then two of the other girls run by saying "Watermelons! Watermelons!" (I still laughed though, although not as hard as when they said that there was "An American among us" because of Sakaki.) Those were the only two examples besides Kimura and Kaorin that I can think of that include scenes of pervyness.

I just saw my favorite episode of Azumanga Daioh ever though. Believe it or not, but it contained all of the below examples and more in one episode. I'm still laughing. XD

(I'm linking to each youtube video to cut down on space. Feel free to check them out since it's hard to spoil an anime with no plot. However, if you're planning on watching this soon don't watch any of them since it might spoil some of the character's personalities for you.)[/b]

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOXV5lsluQ"]Killer Car Ride[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNrO0RyX0v4&feature=related"]Amazing Engrish[/url] (I couldn't find a seperate video so this is part 2 of the episode. Jump to 4:40.)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv6IZHEIQwA"]Flying Knife[/url]
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEtGFu3igjg"]Spooky Laugh[[/url] Edited by Lilt

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='30 September 2010 - 10:06 AM' timestamp='1285855592' post='700810']
Hey, even action junkies and hentai freaks like to take a break and step outside of their norm every once in a while. [b]Azumanga[/b] and [b]Lucky Star[/b] are usually the go-to titles when you want to put your brain in idle and unwind.[/quote]

Lies (partially :)). Being an action junkie myself I want nothing but action. I refuse to step out of my norm ever again. I learned my lesson with Strike Witches, Ikki Tousen, and Queens Blade.

so i started watching Lucky Star, mostly cause of people here.

i think i expected it to be more than what it is... but i am not crazy about it. I have watched six episodes now and i figure i will watch a few more (if only to see what song they will sing at the ending credits. so far my favorite is episode 4 :P) but i dunno if i will see it all the way through... especially when i know there are shows i would like better.

[quote name='CaNz' date='06 October 2010 - 06:24 PM' timestamp='1286382240' post='700931']
so i started watching Lucky Star, mostly cause of people here.

i think i expected it to be more than what it is... but i am not crazy about it. I have watched six episodes now and i figure i will watch a few more (if only to see what song they will sing at the ending credits. so far my favorite is episode 4 :P) but i dunno if i will see it all the way through... especially when i know there are shows i would like better.
[/quote]

[b]I would quit while you're ahead. It's up to you though, but I'm not even sure if I can finish it and usually shows like this are perfect for me.

I heard it was funny and so far the only thing that makes me laugh usually is Lucky Channel (which makes me wonder if I should just watch all of those on Youtube or something.)

If the only funny thing about Lucky Star is that it references anime and talks about everyday life, then I'd rather watch Sayonara Zetsbuou Sensei (although that gets pretty weird and creepy at times.)

However, if Lucky Star is just about the cuteness, then I'd rather watch K-On! since that has both cuteness and humor.

I guess I shouldn't have also watched Azumanga Daioh first, since some of Lucky Star reminds me of Azumanga Daioh now (and not in a good way.)

If Lucky Star was 13 episodes, it would be great actually. But for 24 episodes, I don't know if I can last that long.[/b]

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I used to be in the "I vehemently hate Lucky Star" camp for a good, long while. I had watched the first two episodes, and immediately got turned off, due to the infamous first episode, and the second not really up to snuff. I think I remember trying to get through episode three before just...quitting.

Then, a couple years later, a feeling washed over me that I should really try it again. It was mainly fueled by my then-recent playthrough of [i]Tales of the Abyss[/i] [the last stretch of which is rather depressing], and I needed a pick me up. So I swallowed my pride, tried to watch more...and was instantly hooked.

As for why I like it, it's not the cuteness. For me, there was just something oddly relaxing about this show. No world to save, no "OMG THIS BOY HATES ME BUT I'LL WIN HIS HEART" drama, none of that. Just a rather relaxing, good natured, good humored show. Being able to see myself and my friends in the characters probably helped a lot, though, I will admit.

I'll also admit that it's definitely a polarizing, love-it-or-hate it series, especially considering I went from hating it to loving it. The most I encourage is for people to get past the first four episodes [for that's when the directors were changed, IIRC], and if people don't like it after that, then they probably will not like it at all. And that's fine, I can understand completely. I do agree with [b]Lilt[/b], though, how they managed to stretch it out for 24 episodes [and an OVA] for its first go around is beyond me [although I'm not necessarily complaining].

That said, I'm really surprised that no one's jumped at the call for a season two. It was immensely popular, and the manga's still ongoing, and given how many series get milked, the fact that LS hasn't is kinda strange.[/font][/color] Edited by Sangome

I liked Strike Witches.  >_>

[quote name='Sangome' date='06 October 2010 - 03:45 PM' timestamp='1286394307' post='700934']

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]For me, there was just something oddly relaxing about this show. No world to save, no "OMG THIS BOY HATES ME BUT I'LL WIN HIS HEART" drama, none of that. Just a rather relaxing, good natured, good humored  show. [/font][/color]

[/quote]

SEE!  Sango-Chan gets it.  That's sorta the reason I like Lucky Star but I'm also in it for the anime references and voice acting.  I admit that 24 episodes was a little excessive but I never felt like the show was getting repetitive.

Anyway, I'm watching Xamd: Lost Memories right now.  So far it's awesome and very reminiscent of Eureka 7 but without a whiny Renton character in the mix.  I'll give a more thorough review once I've finished the first DVD set.

[quote name='Lilt' date='06 October 2010 - 10:55 AM' timestamp='1286387737' post='700932'][b]
I guess I shouldn't have also watched Azumanga Daioh first, since some of Lucky Star reminds me of Azumanga Daioh now (and not in a good way.)[/b]
[/quote]
i am trying really hard not to compare the two since the style of humor is much too different (and i would love to find something as funny as AD, but that just doesn't happen often for me) but i do love the lucky channel portion. which reminds me more of FLCL actually. cant figure out why... maybe the squint eyes and pink hair of Akira.

[quote name='Sangome' date='06 October 2010 - 12:45 PM' timestamp='1286394307' post='700934']
[color="#9932cc"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]For me, there was just something oddly relaxing about this show. No world to save, no "OMG THIS BOY HATES ME BUT I'LL WIN HIS HEART" drama, none of that. Just a rather relaxing, good natured, good humored show. Being able to see myself and my friends in the characters probably helped a lot, though, I will admit.

I'll also admit that it's definitely a polarizing, love-it-or-hate it series, especially considering I went from hating it to loving it. [/font][/color]
[/quote]

that is kinda encouraging.... i really should at least give it till the 10[sup]th [/sup]episode before dismissing it. and i was watching it when i was half asleep... and that might have taken some of the edge off.

as for cuteness... i have seen much cuter, but really after watching the over-the-top figures of Gundam 00's girls, any change up makes me happy. however nothing tops Chiyo for me...

EDIT:
just finished watching [i]under the red hood[/i].
it was best batman movie since Mask of the Phantasm in my opinion. the animation was excellent (save for a cheesy 90's 3D car chase thingy) and the story was a good one. i was kinda afraid of how Joker would sound since Mark Hamill didnt do it... but Bender did a great job! John DiMaggio makes a good brutally sadistic supervillan and i hope he keeps with the character. Edited by CaNz

[quote name='The Tentacle' date='06 October 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1286397917' post='700935']
SEE!  Sango-Chan gets it.  That's sorta the reason I like Lucky Star but I'm also in it for the anime references and voice acting.  I admit that 24 episodes was a little excessive but I never felt like the show was getting repetitive.
[/quote]

[b]Well, if it doesn't feel like it's getting repetitive then that's good. Some shows you just wish they had more episodes or a second season so you can get more of it. I agree with you on the voice acting part though. Hearing Aya Hirano as Konata singing Dragonball Z's theme song made me really glad I was watching Lucky Star.

How is the English Dub by the way? Because I just noticed that they have Wendee Lee (I like her, but I can't picture her as the voice of Konata) and Michelle Ruff (who I like no matter what role she plays.)

I do like that I can just sit back and not worry and just enjoy Lucky Star though, like Sangome said. I think I just need to try not to watch it in a marathon kind of mode.[/b]

[quote name='CaNz' date='07 October 2010 - 01:15 AM' timestamp='1286406907' post='700943']
i am trying really hard not to compare the two since the style of humor is much too different (and i would love to find something as funny as AD, but that just doesn't happen often for me) but i do love the lucky channel portion. which reminds me more of FLCL actually. cant figure out why... maybe the squint eyes and pink hair of Akira.

that is kinda encouraging.... i really should at least give it till the 10[sup]th [/sup]episode before dismissing it. and i was watching it when i was half asleep... and that might have taken some of the edge off.

as for cuteness... i have seen much cuter, but really after watching the over-the-top figures of Gundam 00's girls, any change up makes me happy. however nothing tops Chiyo for me...

it was best batman movie since Mask of the Phantasm in my opinion. the animation was excellent (save for a cheesy 90's 3D car chase thingy) and the story was a good one. i was kinda afraid of how Joker would sound since Mark Hamill didnt do it... but Bender did a great job! John DiMaggio makes a good brutally sadistic supervillan and i hope he keeps with the character.
[/quote]

[b]I tried not to compare them either but I think it was the sports festival that really reminded me of AD. Especially the bread eating contest. Every anime can have a sports festival though.

I'm going to keep trying to watch Lucky Star too. I haven't even reached episode 10 yet either. (I just finished episode 8.) I try to watch half an anime before giving up on it unless it's really really bad.

Wow, you blew my mind CaNz. O.O I had no idea Mark Hamill was the Joker. I don't know what blew my mind more though. Finding out that Mark Hamill played as the Joker or that Bender played as the Joker too. O.o

@Sangome and Tentacles: Thanks by the way, I'll be starting up Lucky Star thanks to the both of you. :biggrin:[/b]

the english dub is okay... the audio quality is a little bit low for some of the characters unfortunately, but the voice acting is decent (if you dont mind squeeky anime girl voices
) espsecially since they have an good cast. i recognized Wendee Lee as Konata since she does everything... i checked out her wikipidia a while ago and was blown away... i have probably heard her talk more than some of my family members.
they also have Kari Wahlgren as kagami. i only recognised that from her work in FLCL... and wherever she goes Jennifer Sekiguchi has got to be there too... she does akira's voice.

oh Lilt... you didnt know Luke Skywalker had a twisted side? :P
as far as bender goes this was his first role as Joker... but since Hamill is retiring his role as Joker after Arkham City he needs a replacement... and i think John DiMaggio is a good person to do it.

[color="#9932CC"][font="Microsoft Sans Serif"]I watched the series in Japanese, so I can't give a solid opinion, but from the samples I've heard, I like it. Wendee Lee's casting makes sense when you realize that they were going for the actor allusion present in the Japanese version [with Aya Hirano voicing both Konata and Haruhi Suzumiya], since Wendee Lee also voiced Haruhi Suzumiya in that series' dub. I don't remember the main cast's voices all that well, but I also know that I didn't have any problems with 'em. I also recall Akira's being pretty much perfect, as well.

The one dub voice that I, along with many others, really dislike, though, is that of Patricia Martin's. [Depending on where you are, you probably haven't seen her yet...I don't remember offhand when she first appears]. I rarely complain about a lot of dub voices, if ever, but hers is REALLY grating and annoying. Although, once the fridge brilliance sets in and you recall that Patricia is an American weeaboo, it makes one wonder if it was intentional...

That's another thing I'd like to add about LS, though; I found it [i]immensely[/i] more enjoying once it expanded past the main cast of four, and brought their other classmates into the mix. Konata's little cousin, Yutaka, is easily my favorite character from the show, too.

And I actually watched an anime yesterday!! I watched the [b]Pokemon[/b] episode "The Heartbreak of Brock", from Johto League Champions, on Pokemon.com! It's one of my favorite episodes. ;3; So funny.[/font][/color]