OtakuBoards

Games You've Played for 100 Hours

Vigilance

[color=deeppink]There's a bunch of them, I imagine.

[b]Super Mario Brothers.[/b] I've had this game as long as I can remember, and I till play it from time to time.

[B]Super Mario Brothers 3.[/B] Ditto.

[B]Digimon World 2.[/B] Ah, the mistakes of youth.

[B]Final Fantasy VII[/B]. My original file is over 100 hours alone, and I have several more that rack up to 40 or so.

[B]Final Fantasy VIII.[/B] This is probably my least favorite FInal Fantasy (with he exception of Mystic Quest, of course), but I find that t has the most replayability.

[B]Final Fantasy IX.[/B] First FF game I played, and I've replayed it many times. In fact, I'm replaying it now with a friend, one doesn't know when to just give up and stop trying to steal.

[B]Final Fantasy X.[/B] I've got two files, and both of them are pretty hardcore. Never beat Nemesis, though. I should get on that.

[B]Super Mario 64.[/B] Oh man oh man, I played the hell out of this one.

[B]Super Smash Brothers Melee.[/B] I'd play it more if I actually had people to play with; most of my friends don't like the game.

[B]Star Fox 64.[/B] I absolutely love this game. I can still pop it in and have a great time... at least, when I can get my junky 64 to work.

[B]Final Fantasy Tactics.[/B] Also, [B]Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.[/B] I lost so man hours to that one.

[B]Disgaea[/B] and [B]Disgaea 2[/B]. I've done as much as I cn in Disgaea (short of making an army of completely powered up Divine Magi, but there's no point in doing that), but I've still got an enormous amount of things to do in Disgaea 2.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[B]Final Fantasy VII[/B] 2 saved files reached the maximum game time and I had a lot of trouble defeating the last 2 Weapons (Emerald and Ruby)

[B]Final Fantasy IX[/B] met the maximum game time also because of Hot and Cold Chocobo, Treasure Hunting, Card Game and the Friendly Animal quests to defeat Ozma

[B]Tales of the Abyss[/B], both first and second playthroughs (on a separate file) were 150+ hours due to overleveling or missed up some quests during that time

[B]Tales of Rebirth[/B] had 105 hous of gameplay, I spent too much time leveling up on Cyglorg's Chambers

[B]Pokemon Yellow[/B] 259 hours! I completed the Pokedex!

[B]Pokemon Crystal[/B] 120 hours, spending time leveling up other Pokemon while hatching some eggs

[B]Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 on the DC[/B] also had the maximum game time (99:59) and on Level 99, spent too much time Training, Arcade, Score, no net battle >.>

You know, besides old school atari RPGs like Ultima 5, I think the only game I've spent that much time on is Dragon Warrior 7 (107 hours) - my now ex spent about 140 on it, as he wanted to get the monster town and such completed.

Xenogears is my second, but that was around 90 hours.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I could add a few games to this list, but the most recent game I've spent a lot of time on would have to be Super Mario Galaxy. I'm now almost up to 120 stars with [spoiler]Luigi[/spoiler]. I don't know if it'd equal anywhere near 100 hours, but sometimes it sure feels like it! I'm loving every minute of it, anyway.[/font]

[quote name='James'][font=franklin gothic medium]I could add a few games to this list, but the most recent game I've spent a lot of time on would have to be Super Mario Galaxy. I'm now almost up to 120 stars with [spoiler]Luigi[/spoiler]. I don't know if it'd equal anywhere near 100 hours, but sometimes it sure feels like it! I'm loving every minute of it, anyway.[/font][/QUOTE]

Oh yeah. Super Mario games are among the most addictive out there. I can't wait to have a go at Galaxy.

I think I did over 300 hours on Super Mario 64, mainly because I kept getting totally pwnt by Bowser in his 3 various stages (especially the last, grrr!)

• 1 month later...
Well as for myself, I've been close to hundreds of hour of gameplay on a few exception. As you know I already posted up like a few games that I put up early in this thread, but now I have been playing some new games and its close to a hundred hours already. Well I'm was playing [B]Mass Effect[/B] for like 101 hours of gameplay because I was trying to get all of the Achievements for unlocking stuff and completeing some side quest and leveling up to the max level. Its alot of work in doing so. The next game is [B]Lost Odyssey[/B] because this game takes alot of hour from myslef that I didn't know that I was nearly at the 100 hour records. Mainly it was that I was leveling my character, doing side quest, finding treasure thats hard to find, and getting the ultimate weapon. All of these thing take alot of what I'm doing, and it is so much as draining the life outta me:animestun.

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Not very many, I just don't have the time to sink a lot of hours into games. Still I've got a few that I've done so.

[B]The Legend of Zelda[/B]
Mind you I'm talking about all of the games put together. Some I've probably hit a hundred hours by virtue of replaying them, but I've yet to put in that amount of time for Twilight Princess since I've only beaten it once and haven't gone back to it yet.

[B]Star Ocean: Till the End of Time[/B]
I've probably put in close to 250 hours into this one. With all the battle trophies as well as the bonus dungeons and the different endings and the additional levels of difficulty... I'm still not finished with this game. I've gotten through the normal and the hard levels, now I'm working on the final level of difficulty.

[B]Diablo II: Lord of Destruction[/B]
It's taken me a while, but between the different classes I've played to the end as well as going through normal and the beating it at the Nightmare level and working on the Hell level, which I have yet to actually beat. I've put in a good amount of time on this. Though I got about halfway through on the Hell level and I haven't gone back to playing it. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

.....Did you just say that Star Ocean has different endings...?

Hm...so far I don't think that any of the games I've played have been over 100 hours...but I'm probably sure that [B[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]]Star Ocean: Till the end of Time[/COLOR][/B] will make me go over the hundred hour mark. I blame the arena....I was so obssessed with it that when I first started playing it, Fayt was level 45....and now....he's around level 81...and I still couldn't beat the Demon Lords(#2 in Rank Battle))!! >_< Sad thing s, I got fed up with them and decided to go on with the game...and now I regret it....I wanna go back!! :animecry:

[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I can say with relative certainty that I played [b]Kingdom Hearts[/b] and [b]Kingdom Hearts 2[/b] each for at least 100 hours. I explored every world obsessively and would go through the same areas again and again trying to level up. There was just so much to see.

If you combine all of my save files, I'm sure I've played [b]The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion[/b] well over 100 hours. I'm sure I don't have to say just how extensive Oblivion's world was. Quest after quest and sooo many things to steal- er, I mean, find... *cough*

While I can't be absolutely positive (there's no timer on these games) I'm pretty sure that if you count time spent playing online multiplayer, I've got well over 100 hours with games like [B]Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare[/B] and [B]Gears of War[/B]. They are endlessly entertaining.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Chaotictwilight'].....Did you just say that Star Ocean has different endings...?[/QUOTE]Yes I did. Nine different possible endings or rather couple endings. Ten if you include Fayt?s solo ending. You see, in the game there are what?s known as Private Actions. Small events that shape the relationship between Fayt and the other main characters. These actions, depending on your answers result in affecting Fayt?s relationship with the others in either a negative or positive fashion. Earning affection points.

At the end of the game, it is divided into two parts; the end of the storyline and the character endings. There are two types, solo and couple, and that is determined by the events you encountered and the points you have earned. It also affects the saying the other characters will use in battle. If say Albel likes Fayt, he uses different sayings in battle than what he would if he did not.

It?s also central to later earning certain battle trophies, since one of the bonus dungeons [spoiler] is your character facing Fayt and the character you were coupled with at the ending of the game. [/spoiler] If you want to earn every single battle trophy for that fight, you have to beat the game and get each ending. Something that can really have you sinking a lot of time into the game to do so.

And since we are here? my hours for this are probably up to 300 now instead of the 250 I mentioned. So this is like three games in one as far as the 100 hours goes. I've spent way too much time on it. Heh.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]
I dont think I have played that many games that all the hours that I have played it for never added up to be 100+ hours, I usually beat a game and then forget about it. But the one game that I play obsessively alot would be Dynasty Worriers 3. In the last eeh I would say about a few hours every day for the last six months. When I first got it I didnt get much sleep.

But other than that one game I usually play a game for less than 52 hours before I am done with it.
I am more of a renter than a buyer.
[/SIZE]

Madden: I'm addicted to those games, and I think I've easily racked up over 100 there.

Mario games: Specifically Super Mario 64, but still, those games are too much fun to put down.

Final Fantasy games: I'm sure I'm not alone here...

Smash Bros.: All of these are fun too, especially the multiplayer.

Runescape: I used to play this thing everyday, but I've really slacked off from it in the past couple years. I guess this one still counts as a "video game."

Harvest Moon series: Too...much...fun...

6 different games/series...That means over 600 hours MINIMUM...I really need a life...

[FONT="Tahoma"]Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask & Twilight Princess. I've played those games so much it's almost criminal. I never get tired of playing Link. I just love the Zelda series. And no it's not just because Link's adorable so shove that thought out of your mind! XD

Anyway... I've easily put in over a hundred hours for each of these games, especially Ocarina of Time on account of the Master Quest... I wonder if they were on drugs when they redid the dungeons to make them more challenging. That was a pain! Hehe.[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask & Twilight Princess. I've played those games so much it's almost criminal. I never get tired of playing Link. I just love the Zelda series. And no it's not just because Link's adorable so shove that thought out of your mind! XD[/FONT][/QUOTE]

The thought never entered my mind, considering you didn't even mention Windwaker.

Speaking of which, I've probably clocked close to 200 hours on that one. I can't help it, I actually prefer it to OoT (Not by much, but WW is still my favorite.) The art style is fantastic, the bosses are amazing, the storyline is super special awesome and the only thing bringing it down at all is a sidequest that doesn't even take more than about 15 minutes to complete if you're good.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aceburner']The thought never entered my mind, considering you didn't even mention Windwaker.

Speaking of which, I've probably clocked close to 200 hours on that one. I can't help it, I actually prefer it to OoT (Not by much, but WW is still my favorite.) The art style is fantastic, the bosses are amazing, the storyline is super special awesome and the only thing bringing it down at all is a sidequest that doesn't even take more than about 15 minutes to complete if you're good.[/QUOTE]Oh yeah... *cough* I do like the Windwaker, but I haven't put in over a hundred hours playing it. I did beat it though and the more cartoonish Link did have the funnest expressions. I suppose if I were to pull it out and play it again I might hit that hundred hour mark... it's just more fun playing with Twilight Princess. XD[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Oh yeah... *cough* I do like the Windwaker, but I haven't put in over a hundred hours playing it. I did beat it though and the more cartoonish Link did have the funnest expressions. I suppose if I were to pull it out and play it again I might hit that hundred hour mark... it's just more fun playing with Twilight Princess. XD[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I'll give you that, them TP bosses are pretty fun. I think my favorite was the Dragon from City in the Sky (Argorok, I think.)

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"] I suppose if I were to pull it out and play it again I might hit that hundred hour mark... [/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]Sorry to do this, but that my friend is a funny post. Sorry, I'm 14 I need to point this out!

I"ve played Guitar Hero now for over 100 Hours, YAY![/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Aberinkula'][COLOR="Navy"]God Allamorph. PULL IT OUT! Get it? lol, that isn't hard to understand. Duuh :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Whoa there! I'm a woman silly! Don't go getting meaning that isn't there. O_O And for the love of... keep that sort of thing to yourself thank you very much. I so[I] did not[/I] need to hear that kind of immature humor. [spoiler]And I am now clear on one thing, Prem is a guy, a teenager to be exact [/spoiler]

Anyway... back on track... I think... I just realized that I've played Tales of Symphonia for over a hundred hours on account of doing the different difficulty settings. Another fun game. Could have used more cut scenes though since that cel-shaded chibi look kind of gets old if you ask me, even if most of the skits were fun. Anyway, next on the list? Tales of the Abyss![/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Even I didn't get what was so funny about Sabrina's post. And I normally catch on to random jokes, but then again, majority of the jokes here aren't funny to begin with, so "shrugs".

Anyway, I've been playing [b]Goldeneye[/b] for the N64 lately, and I just realized that I've put atleast 100 hours into that game. Trying to unlock all them cheats and whatnot. This was way before I ever found out about their being button combinations for them cheats. Not to mention the times me and a couple of friends played on multiplayer.

[b]Dynasty Warriors 4[/b] is another game that I forgot that I've spent more than 100 hours playing. That was a great anger management game, and just playing as different characters to kill off over 500 people has to take up well over 100 hours.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Even I didn't get what was so funny about Sabrina's post.

[FONT=Calibri]Don't sweat it. There was no funny.

I think the only games I might hit the triple digits on are Fire Emblem and perhaps LotR: The Third Age. Otherwise, I tend to beat quickly, fully, and only once.

Except for Metroid Fusion. Beat it three times, and spent a total of nineteen hours all told.
[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[COLOR="Navy"]Heh, I played the original Metroids on my brother's computer, I felt like I wanted to die, despite the great game. Final Fantasy did the same thing, good story, and game play, well worth it, but I wanted to blow a fuse and strangle a kitten.

@ Aceburner: A neck hug? Sounds loveable.[/COLOR]