OtakuBoards

Games You've Played for 100 Hours

Vigilance

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I've now hit 100 hours for playing [B]Lunar Silver Star Story [/B]and the sequel [B]Lunar 2 Eternal Blue[/B]. I can safely say that out of all the games I've ever played, they are among my favorites now. For ps1 games, there's just no getting around how fun the characters are and I love all the anime cut scenes that it had woven into it. I think the second one literally had over an hour of that. And the music was great. I'm going to end up playing both of them again. Heh.

[SIZE="1"]If I ever finish [B]Dawn of War: Soulstorm[/B], I'll definitely crack the one-hundred hour mark, at the moment, I think I've clocked up about thirty or forty hours at this point with only half the main campaign completed. It's a fun enough game, even if originality has completely left the series at this point.[/SIZE]

Let's see.. games I've clocked in over 100 hours?

[B]All of my pokemon games[/B]
that includes Yellow, Emerald, Fire Red, and Diamond. On Diamond I'm currently working on a competitive group. I'm getting WiFi in a couple of days so I figured why not?

[B]Final Fantasy[/B]
VII and X. My two favorites, although I got close with VIII. On X I'm trying to beat Ultimate Weapon again... (restarted my game) and on VII I'm still working on killing off Ruby and Emerald Weapons

[B]Tales of Symphonia[/B]
Sometimes its fun to run around flirting with the girls as Zelos, or just play through the stadium as your worst character (Regal...)

[B]Legend of Zelda[/B]
Ocarina and Twilight Princess. I really enjoy fighting the final boss in these games. As well as just running around and fighting off the random monsters. In Twilight, doing that little thing in Gerudo Desert.

[B]Halo[/B]
Only have the first one... working on getting three and I don't have two anymore. Just enjoy running around and shooting whatever I see.

• 4 weeks later...
[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]

Pokemon Red: The first GameBoy Game I ever bought. I never completed the Pokedex because I never actually owned Yellow or Blue. My brother did, but he was a douchebag as a kid and wouldn't trade with me.

Pokemon Silver: I broke the 400 hour mark with this game. I still play it. One of the greatest games ever created.

Pokemon Sapphire: Sure, Crystal was great, but it was just Silver and Gold with a girl character. Sapphire and Ruby had so many new features, shadows and reflections, new Pokemon, new gyms, a new rival, and the addition of Pokemon contests! Oh man, this game rocked.

Ocarina of Time: The only person who played this game more often than me must have been my litte brother.

Mario Kart 64: I definitely pwn at battle. On BlockFort. Oh yes.

Super Mario 64: I watched a video on YouTube of someone who beat it in 21 minutes and 38 seconds with only 16 stars. Insane.

Super Smash Bros. Melee: My neighborhood would have SSB tournaments every weekend. I always beat everyone. Except my little brother.

Maple Story: And online game my brother and I play quite often. I can't be sure that we've played more than 100 hours since there's no way to calculate, but I'm fairly certain. Fun game, and it's free. Everyone should play, if you like that kind of thing.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

--The 100-Hour Club--
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy Tactics
Chrono Trigger
Ogre Battle
Gran Turismo IV
Stepmania / DDR
Rock Band
EVE Online
World of Warcraft

Yeah, I know I have no life. But hey, most of these hours were put in when I was still in high school. I guess that sorta makes up for it ><

World of Warcraft
Neverwinter Nights
Final Fantasy XI
Call of Duty United Offensive
Battlefield 2142
Battlefield Vietnam
Battlefield 2
Counterstrike Source
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Need for Speed Carbon
Need for Speed Prostreet
Call of Duty
Planetside
Everquest 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Raven Shield
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Tom Clancy's Advanced Warfighter
Tom Clancy's Advanced Warfighter 2
F.E.A.R.

Don't think anything else qualifies. Some stuff in the 80s or 90s to be sure, but that's not 100.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]For the last two posters, Ziggy and katal1st. Simply listing games does not go well for conversation. For future threads, please put more thought into your posts.

[b]Final Fantasy VII[/b] was the last game to hit the 100 hour mark for me, and majority of those hours came from leaving it on the menu screen for so long. I probably could've beaten it a lot sooner if I didn't take breaks to get on the computer.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
RPG's would be the ones that have clocked time like that..

:smirk: Final Fantasy VII (PC) - Love this game, and can't get enough. If you really build up your crew, you can easilly spend 100hrs on.

:smirk: Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast) - Another great RPG. Again, if you spend time building your party, you can rack up the hours. You need it for the last boss battle - yikes!

:smirk: Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - Although I haven't spent 100hrs on one game, I've probably spent that time on several run throughs.

-

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I just hit the 100 hour mark on [B]Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7[/B]. The game kept me hooked through the story, but now I'm doing all the side missions and unlocking some pretty sweet items. The game just oozes greatness.

I'm sure by now I've logged over 100 hours on [B]Tekken: Dark Ressurection[/B] too. That game sees heavy rotation on my PSP. I'd rather play it on the PS3 though, because the PSP wasn't really built for fighting games. Some inputs are quite difficult. [/FONT]:animesigh

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Lady Aura, listing games for this thread is not good for conversation. In the future, please try to put a little more into the posts to avoid this problem. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or look at the Posting Rules for the website. Thanks.

I'm sure I've logged over 100 hours playing [B]Darkstalkers 3[/B]. I've been messing around with Morrigan in that game and finding it really fun. It's a shame that no one really plays Darkstalkers anymore. It's a really fun game and I would recommend it to anyone who is into fighting games.[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='randomuser83']Definitely FF series as I like to get 100% on those type of games.[/QUOTE]Well I don't like getting 100% on them, but when you consider that there are so many of them, I have definitely hit the 100 hour mark and more with Final Fantasy in general.

Now I also forgot to mention [B]Tales of Symphoni[/B]a and [B]Tales of the Abyss[/B]. Just because once you get through, you can't help but play them again because they were fun.

And though it seems rather silly, since I've had the game for several years now I realized that I've also put in 100 hours playing [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B]. o_O What makes that scary is I still don't have everything you can get and do in this game. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]

And though it seems rather silly, since I've had the game for several years now I realized that I've also put in 100 hours playing [B]Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B]. o_O What makes that scary is I still don't have everything you can get and do in this game. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ah Des would hurt you, or chop down your trees.

I've hit the 100 hour mark on [B]Crisis Core: Final Fantasy 7[/B]. All those side missions get really tedious after a while. I find the leveling up system very stupid though. Why can't we just use regular EXP? I'll never understand those people at SquareEnix. [/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Ah Des would hurt you, or chop down your trees. [/FONT][/QUOTE]Not if I keep my gates shut. >_> I do find it interesting that a game like that can take up so much time though and that reminds me that I need to pick fruit to sell again... I have [I]way[/I] to many trees, it takes forever! XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] it's slowly getting there, but I've been spending most of my days playing the life out of Rock Band, in the past three months I've commited five all nighters to the game by myself, because my friends are too lazy to get off myspace and play the game with me.

by now I'm already working on expert level drums, and hard level guitar (damn metallica!) although the vocal campaign is sitting at medium, due to the fact that I still havent downloaded the patches for the game (damn microsoft for charging $100 for a wireless router)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I've easily put 100 plus hours into Counter-Strike: Source, the best multi player FPS ever made.

It's one of those games that I'll put down for a few weeks to a month and then pick it back up and hard charge it for about 6 months before putting it back down but at least I've never completely quit playing it like I've completely quit play CoD4 and Rainbow Six.

Plus, being able to re-skin your weapons is always nice.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Lets See Here...

Pokemon Pearl : Total Time-367 Hours and 25 Min. And Counting. I HAVE EVERYTHING!!!

Pokemon Emerald (Before I Restarted...) 206 Hours 43 Min.

Call of Duty 4 - Close to 120 Hours...

I Don't Tend to Play Most Games after I Beat them, So I Don't Have Many that have over 100 Hours.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
[b]Tales of the Abyss[/b] - I don't know if the main story is 100 hrs long, or if it was because I a bit of level grinding. I just know that I've hit the 100 hour mark. I traded it in already because I can't tolerate Luke again. I'm not much of a completionist either so going around trying to collect this and that as well as seeing every single monster is out of the question.

[b]Guilty Gear X2[/b] - Mainly because I was doing the time release thing. Other than that I didn't really play it much. Especially with Dizzy's story being so freakin hard. (I already suck when it came to using her from the get go.) I traded this in too. (I'm more Street Fighter)

• 3 weeks later...
For myself, I have a couple of games or few or just one right now, ok maybe just a few.

[B]Persona 3 FES[/B] - for total gameplay all together its is around 100 hours and it was kinda suprise too.

[B]Disgaea DS[/B] - this game I been playing alot and just leveling up without realizing how much I spent on the game.