OtakuBoards

Games You've Played for 100 Hours

Vigilance

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="3"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]Ahh for me the games Ive played for 100 hours or more...there is a list actually!!

Dynasty Warriors definitely(played them all, own most of them)
I think I have done alot of stuff but I still havent done everything I could possibly do!!

Megaman X (I just cant seem to put the blue bomber down for long before I start it up again!!!)

Street Fighter 2 (enough said)

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (by far my favorite Zelda game right in front of Link's Awakening)

Super Mario bros All-stars
Super Smash bros Melee
Pokemon Red,Gold,Yellow versions
Final Fantasy X
NBA Live 07
Chrono Trigger

I think thats it for now....Im working on a few others and i plan to add them to the list!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I'm sure this has been mentioned previously in this thread, but let's try to avoid merely just listing games, because it doesn't really merit any sort of discussion...rather than just present a list. Maybe if you could try to provide some insight as to why you play the games for so long? 100 hours is definitely not a pebble thrown in the ocean's worth of an achievement.

I finally logged over 100 hours on Final Fantasy Tactics the other day and was rather pleased with myself. This game really took the series in a new direction and showed that turn based, heavily menu driven, stationary charcters, weren't the only thing Square was good at. We got turned based, menu driven characters that could move! OH SNAP.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Navy"]Twilight Princess[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[COLOR="navy"][SIZE="4"][B]Mario 64[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="navy"][SIZE="4"][B]Ocarina of time[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="navy"][SIZE="4"][B]super smash bros brawl[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]
and I guess that's it:animedepr

[size=1][color=indigo]Okay, get ready for my input. It's an incredible feat for me.....

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time- This game just never gets old. I can play it over and over, and never grow tired or bored of it.

Guild Wars- Holy cow, I know I've spent DAYS at a time on this game. I wish I could've kept playing. One day, Debs, one day I'll get a better computer (and an internet connection) and join you once more. I'm so far behind, I'll have to learn how to play all over :( Long live QKT!!!

Whew, that's insane, yeah? lol Ask Silpheed, that's wild for me considering I don't normally play video games. [/color][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="Indigo"]Hello Twilight Zelda, welcome to Otakuboards.

I'm sure this was mentioned before in the thread. But in this thread, we try to generate discussion by giving reasons for why we played the games for over 100 hours. Simply generating a list doesn't generate any sort of discussion, so if you could please either elaborate on your post further or do that in the future, it would be greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to send me a Private Message.

Thanks,
Korey

CRAZY MOD EDIT: Now I believe I've said something about generating lists before...so I ask one more time. Please try to do more than just list games, because a list doesn't generate discussion. If we can't follow the rules, I'll turn this car around![/COLOR][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]I hit 100 hours with [B]Warhammer: Age of Reckoning[/B] a long time ago. At this point with over ten separate characters at various levels I think I've broken the 500 hour mark as well but the game is still as fun as it was when I started back in September. Oh and to all those Destro players out there: ORDER RULES!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I have played the old Russian made classic- Tetris at least for the past 6 years. This game is old and I still have the gameboy color version. This is an old time classic. No mater how high tech games get I still will love rearranging those squares and L shaped boxes. Technology today is getting so advance the next thing we know we be open up a bottle of fumes that we can inhale that takes us directly inside the game. (Probably be the PlayStation 9 or Bill Gates Nuclear Game Device)

Many people are tired of this game but I still can't get enough of it. I can definitely beat this in my sleep. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have been playing [B]Shin Megami Tensai: Persona 4[/B], and I have to say that this game is freakin awesome. So far I have logged about 126 hours into the game reason that is, is because I have my first time through data with my second through game right now join together. First time through the game I couldn't solve the mystery because I didn't fight against [spoiler]Adachi and the last boss Izanami and her second form[/spoiler] to get the best ending. Right now I'm training to get to lvl 94 so that I can get a few more high level persona, so that would put me into another 4-10 long hours of training.

I've played [B]World of Warcraft[/B] and I say its freakin fantastic no matter what you say. Tehe~. I believe that I played that game for 150+ hours since I got it last year. Because the first time I played it it totally blow my mind and its not that hard as people had said to me before like " Once pass lvl 10 its gets boring and harder". Well I'm at a level 56 and 29 on two characters, heck even my dad enjoys it.

• 1 month later...
I been playing my [B]Disgaea DS[/B] for about 144 hours now, because of the stuff I had to do. Going into the item world and leveling up your own equipment times alot of times to reach your desired level. Also leveling up can be a drag because you level up one level at a time and it just times almost a long time >.<. I'm still gonna play it because I still have things to do and things to get, and I'm hopeful that I will have things done soon. So thats the game that I have over a hundred hours for now.

• 3 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]And I've now easily put in over a hundred hours for [B] Animal Crossing: Wild World[/B]. You'd think one would get tired of the same type of simple tasks like weeding, fishing, picking and selling fruit and mailing letters and running errands for your neighbors... but I never do. o_O

I've had the game for almost a year now and I'm approaching around 200 hours of playing it. Mainly because I'll spend anywhere from around half an hour to an hour playing it each day. I'm pretty sure I've hit 200 hours. ^^ What's even more insane is I still haven't done everything one can do in the game so I can easily see myself continuing to play it every day.[/FONT]

[quote name=''SabrinaM'']What's even more insane is I still haven't done everything one can do in the game so I can easily see myself continuing to play it every day.[/quote]
Ohhh yeah, definitely. Heck, in order to get certain items in the game, you have to save basically 1 billion bells in the bank. Mhm.

Anyway, games I've played for over 100 hours would include:

[b].hack//G.U. Redemption[/b]
Sure, I've played all seven of my .hack games quite a bit, but Redemption specifically has a lot of hours logged. About 160 if I remember correctly. I don't even know how I did it. o_O

[b]Final Fantasy Tactics Advance[/b]
Very easy to get over 100 on this one. In fact, I had over 300 by the time I finished up. But really, I doubt I'd willingly do it again. The gameplay is soooo repetitive, it's kind of boring honestly. ._.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Miss Anonymous']Ohhh yeah, definitely. Heck, in order to get certain items in the game, you have to save basically 1 billion bells in the bank. Mhm. [/quote]That's the one thing that makes me think I'll never get everything. It is easy enough to get money in the game but reaching the final goal, will take forever. o_O[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Well as of 10/15 minutes ago I think I just clocked 100 hours on [B]Age of Conan[/B], sadly recently changes on Warhammer: Age of Reckoning including the closure of the last RP server and the unplayable server-side lag on more populous ones caused several of my guild to drop out and try Conan. So far it's been a pretty enjoyable game, though the group-requirement for some quests does make the game a bit more difficult as there's only three or four of us online at any time and nobody's main is a healer. Still as I just resubbed yesterday for the month I'm looking forward to playing some more.

Downloading the trial for Star Wars Galaxies as well, just to see if it's as bad as it's claimed to be.[/SIZE]

Do games like Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, DBZ Tenkaichi, COD count? Because if they do, my friends and I have notched up countless hours on those.

If not, I have been known to be somewhat anal-retentive in getting as close to 100% completion in the FF series (particularly V through X), but who isn't, am I right? And a couple of the Dragonquest games, too. Any RPG worth it's salt usually got a thorough playing. Although, to be fair, those days are well behind me now, and I spend less and less time on a single-player type game, much prefering co-op or multiplayer in general.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]If you mean just the number of hours, then I would have to say,[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=1] [COLOR=DarkRed]in[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]no order, as follows:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[LIST]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Final Fantasy IX[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Super Mario Bros.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Final Fantasy V[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Pokemon Emerald[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Mega Man Legends[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Mega Man X5[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[*][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Yu-Gi-Oh!: Forbidden Memories[/SIZE][/COLOR][/LIST][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]
This would be games that I've replayed a lot, just because they were fun.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]As for spending time doing different things in games, the most I've ever spent was probably closer to 60-70 hours. I don't really like a lot of MMORPGs, and I really don't like just non-RPG MMOs. Those would be the only games with enough content to last that long, without everything being completed.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
that would be Bioshock
Halo 3
Halo 2
Halo Combat Evolved
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Silver
Halo Custom Edition
Ragnarok Online
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Crackdown

yea... SSBB, and the pokemon games count your time so I know those
and all the others, I played each one from years every day(the halo games) to several months every day(bioshock which I recently got)
and I been playing ragnarok for 7 years
and crackdown since it came out