OtakuBoards

Think you can predict stuff?

Tetra of sound

Do you think you can predict things? It doesn't matter how far or how close it is from now, I would love to hear them! I think one thing will eventually happen, and none(that I know.) can deny it. Eventually, all the unpopular people will rise up to defeat the evil popular people of the future!!! Those who disagree will regret denying it when it happens. Enough of me, though, it is your turn to predict stuff!

[quote name='Tetra of sound']Eventually, all the unpopular people will rise up to defeat the evil popular people of the future!!! [/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Why are popular people evil? lol

Predicting random events was never my forte, but I like to think that I can predict what people do. Not anyone, but people I know well enough.

Also my Harry Potter predictions have never failed me. :D[/font]

[quote name='Tetra of sound']Eventually, all the unpopular people will rise up to defeat the evil popular people of the future!!! Those who disagree will regret denying it when it happens.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That ranks in the top 5 most hilariously dumb things I've ever heard in my life. I so hope you were joking - so very much.

Predictions? Nah. I can barely remember what I did yesterday much less know what'll come tomorrow. It's better to go with the flow, yo.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]I sometime's have the miraculous ability to predict what will happen 5 second's into the future.Hmm... do you think that would be enough time to save the world if I knew it was about to end?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Tetra of sound;790192]Do you think you can predict things? [/QUOTE]Not really, since things that are close that I would predict, usually have signs or things indicating they are going to happen, you know like saying I'm going to have shrimp for dinner. Usually it's because you intend to buy it, already have it, etc. So it's not a true prediction, just a statement.[quote name='Tetra of sound'']I think one thing will eventually happen, and none(that I know.) can deny it. Eventually, all the unpopular people will rise up to defeat the evil popular people of the future!!! Those who disagree will regret denying it when it happens. [/quote]Oh I'll deny it, for the simple reason that it makes no sense whatsoever. For one thing, since when did being popular make someone evil? Also, if someone is unpopular, they won't be able to get someone to follow them on said crusade to rid the world of popular people.

Anyway, in the end, other than to attempt to predict things, I think true prediction doesn't really exist. We can study patterns like weather, but even with technology it often does not behave as expected.

It would be kind of fun if we could predict things, though after a while it would be boring since that would become the norm instead of being different and unique.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest The Blue Jihad
Wait, wait, I'm...having a vision. It's becoming clearer. Yes, yes, I see it.

It's a thread-lock. Or thread-death. Either way, this thread is going to end very soon.

[FONT="Times New Roman"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Oddly enough I can predict bad days. Well I guess the signs can be as clear as day, like when teachers assign long assignments all due on the same day, or when I forget my lunch money.

This topic strangely makes me think of astrology. People say I'm a true cancer (whatever meaning you use). Some days I don't disagree. Some days I just don't believe them, because I don't believe millions of people living in my same birthday range, across generations will have the same daily experience I will. We all can't find a special someone to brighten our day on a random tuesday.

Come to think of it, I really don't know why I even look at my horoscope on random days. I do try to make smart decisions for the future, but I truly just take on days as they come.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I've done it before. Not intentionally, and I didn't even know what was going on. But I predicted that my friend was going to have her baby on Feb 29th 2004 and I predicted I was going to have a girl after I found out I was pregnant.

The way the birth date prediction happened was after I found out my friend was due on March 5th I kept teasing her that she was going to have her baby on Leap Day. She kepy insisting that it wasn't going to happen since your first child is usually late. But I was insisting that I was right. So on February 28th 2004 I was down in Texas and I got this strange feeling that my friend was in labor. Then when I got back to Buffalo the next day I called and her ex said she was in labor. She had her baby at 9:47PM EST on Leap Day.

The whole predicting the fact my baby was going to be a girl is less interesting and intense. The ex did a tarot reading. And I was drawn to looking at girl clothes. :animesigh

Now if only I could break free and predict lotto numbers.[/color][/font]

The only thing I can predict are my future purchases. I sense I shall be spending money on Rock Band when it comes out. I will be buying the game and all the extras to play said game. I shall then seek out friends to play said game with me. Yes, it's all so clear to me...

Other than that I can't even figure out what I am going to have for dinner the following day so anything I am predicting is pretty much just a guess. I may be right, I may be wrong. Who knows? Obviously not me. LOL

I will say my mom has this weird connection with her twin sister. They have that creepy twin thing going on. She knows all this stuff about my aunt and vice versa. They knew when the other went into labor. They know when the other is sick. They even know when the other is going to call. It's just plain weird. They can't even buy gifts without being in tune with each other. They live on opposite sites of the state so it's not like they hang out all the time and go shopping together. Yet somehow, they will buy the same gifts.

I guess you can add this to the list. If my mom gets her hair styled in a new way then that means at the same time my aunt will have her hair styled the same way. That is one prediction I can make that seems to always hold true.

The last time I got a premonition, I was on my way to my nephew's christening ceremony last spring. I of course thought what the name could be, and out of a sudden I got this strong sense that it would be "Lassi".

Turns out that his first name [I]was[/I] Lassi. I was a bit baffled after I heard it.

On the other hand, I think my sister said that she liked the name years ago when we were teens. So maybe it was just good memory, after all. ;P

My first prediction was fake. It is not possible. It was just for a little fun/stupidity. I did predict the weather once. I was right. I didn't watch the weather or knew what was going on outside. I was in the lunch line and predicted. The twin thing is a natural thing for some twins. I can do a bit of predicting. I am inaccurate, though. I know for a fact, every Monday/Tuesday, I will have algebra homework, only when there is school, of course. Call me what you want(really, anything. Except Hitler. HO NOT call me Hitler.), just know I am random, completely random. Anyway, did I ever tell you the story of -

[COLOR="Red"]Eggman- No!!! I mean, uh, what about that idiotic hound of yours?[/COLOR]

Oh yeah! Can't forget about Copper! I better walk him! Seeya( For now... Muahahahahaha!!! )!

[quote name='Sandy']The last time I got a [B]premonition[/B],
[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Sandy, is that some kind of joke? :p

I think a lot of psychics are fake, except some. I'm all for palm reading, but knowing who I'm going to meet, or waht I'm going to do; isn't something enjoyable.[/COLOR]

Nope, I already know that my predictions are usually wrong. Except for when I'm watching silly horror flicks and making bets with my roommates as to who's going to die next. I seem to have a pretty good rate of figuring out who is going to die. But then hey, those movies are so obvious at times that it's about impossible to miss just who's going to be nailed next. lol

Well, aside from guessing how a movie or show will run (which I am always right...always), I tend to have dreams every once in awhile. Nothing major, but one night I'll have a dream that I'm going somewhere random, and I don't really know the people I'm with in real life, but I know them in the dream. Then a few months later, I'll know the people for real and we'll be going to the same place. Dejavu is something that happens to me pretty often.

Also, I really believe that at the rate things are going, one day all the poor people in the country will get pissed and rise up against the uber-rich people. I mean, look at history. About every 200 years, some group of people will rebel against the rich, so I figure it will have to happen again.

I agree. The rich are gonna get the crap beaten out of them. It'll happen, whether we like it or not.I'm not one for long posts, but I can make it longer! So, here's the stor-

[COLOR="Red"]Eggman: ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! DON'T YOU HAVE A HEADACHE?![/COLOR]

Since when did you care, Egghead?

[COLOR="Red"]Uhhh... since I had a crush on you...[/COLOR]

Ewww! I thought you had an IQ of 300, not 3!!!

[COLOR="Red"]But-[/COLOR]

:animeangr NO BUTS! GO!!!:animeangr

[COLOR="Red"]* runs away * :animecry:[/COLOR]

[SIZE="4"]Seeya in a while, everybody! [/SIZE] [SIZE="1"]I need a Tylenol...[/SIZE]

[FONT="Arial"]I can think of three times when I was actually able to predict something. Once, I went to turn on my radio, and I suddenly thought of "Miss Murder" by AFI. Surprisingly, that song started as soon as I turned the radio on.

Another time I thought of "Lips Like Morphine" by Kill Hannah before turning on the radio, and it was playing.

Uh, the third time.... I woke up one morning and turned my TV to MTV, thinking about the Love Like Winter video, and blam! It was playing. :]

Any other time I've "predicted" something, it was only because whatever I predicted was obvious. My sisters were watching a show on the Disney Channel where a kid had a huge party and his house was a wreck, so his dad said "Don't worry, I'll call a maid." And I knew the dad was calling the kid's cell phone, which he did. But Disney is just really predictable anyway.

I don't really believe in psychic powers or anything like that. I really can't help but laugh when someone takes a "psychic" completely seriously:

That Sylvia someoneorother was on Montel once, and someone in the audience asked if the psychic could foresee her giving birth, and the psychic told her something like "yes, a boy!" And the lady seemed really excited. :/[/FONT]

I usually get my visions through my dreams. In other news, I never read the basics before posting and I still got successful! I probably read it some other time, though, so it really doesn't matter. How about a s-

[COLOR="Red"]Eggman: NO!!! NO STORIES!!![/COLOR]

* Punches Egghead * I'll do what I want, thank you very much! Anyway, I was-

[COLOR="Red"]* Trips Tetra * NOOO! DON'T DO IT!!! NOT THE STORY OF THE BURNS!!![/COLOR]

:animeangr * kicks Egghead's ___ * :animeangr FINE! I WON'T!

Anyway, I see myself doing things that will happen the next day in my dreams. Though it didn't stop me from doing the dumbest things of them all...

[COLOR="Red"]Deja Vu happens to me on almost a daily basis. i guess thats kind of the opposite of being able to predict the future, but oh well.
i do remember one time that i 'went along' with everything that was happening and got a spell of deja vu to last for 2 min.[/COLOR]

The short Deja Vu are fun, cause they are random and throw you off. But I get the long ones every once in awhile. I remember driving once, with a few friends in the car, and I got hit by one. It was so weird, because my friends started freaking out due to my spazzing around the road. (When I get Deja Vu, I tend to Spaz out for a few seconds.) So needless to say, they don't like to ride with me anymore.

[quote name='The Blue Jihad']Wait, wait, I'm...having a vision. It's becoming clearer. Yes, yes, I see it.

It's a thread-lock. Or thread-death. Either way, this thread is going to end very soon.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://www.idealog.us/agent_smith.jpg[/IMG]

[SIZE="1"]It is inevitable...

Had to do it. :animesmil

All joking aside, the closest I've ever come to "predicting" anything is the odd feeling of deja vu. I don't put any stock in people who claim to be able to tell the future with any certainty.[/SIZE]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Tetra of sound']Do you think you can predict things? [/QUOTE]:blulaugh:

Uh no. Unless predicting that I can't is one. XP Seriously, I've guessed right on occasion for some things, but really that's what's known as a coincidence. Not some unexplained ability to predict things. I do get a kick out of reading horoscopes though, it's fun to laugh at how inaccurate those things are.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Yeah, but every once and a while, they're right. One of mine said that an old friendship would break and make way for a new one. And it was accurate, until I found out my friend forgot about it completely.

One hing I couldn't predict was all my friends finding out about my crush. Let's just say it was both embarrassing and funny. My friend was joking about me telling my friend a secret, well I had to correct him. I yelled who I had a crush on in front of everyone. Let's just say it shocked some. You could say I'm a crush-whore. Heh.

But the girl was prep, don't know if she still is, cause' I only have 1 class with her. But she got in a fight with one of her friends and she isn't preppy anymore. Let's just say she's dressing in all black (Not goth or emo btw. It's called the rocker style.) which made her hotter -or edgier as I said-, and made her personality stick out more. Which is something you hardly see in my school; people acting like the person behind the veil.

Enough rambling about me. I needed to rant that out here. >_> Let's just say the first 2 days have been one of the biggest school surprises for me.

People change, and that's all there is too it. And I mean change, now people are starting to wear different clothes, mostly black and preppy. And the wannabe gangsta's are looking more sociable, not criminal.

Wait isn't this about prediction? I can't shut up... oi. :animesigh[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Yeah, but every once and a while, they're right.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]It's inevitable Rev that every once in a while they get lucky with one of their "predictions". I mean fortune tellers and their ilk wouldn't exactly be in business if every one of their predictions turned out to be wrong.

It's like in Starship Troopers, when Rico and Carl are doing the psychic test, Carl admit that statistically, Rico would have to guess right at least once. This is the same thing. And besides, that prediction was very, very general, and I'd say has happened to everyone.[/SIZE]