OtakuBoards

What is the most popular anime now?

Vigilance

I have been thinking this thought for a while now, What is the more popular anime toward people who love's watching them. For example, I keep hearing that Naruto is better then Bleach, or Bleach is better then Naruto. So can anyone tell me what anime is popular right now?

[COLOR=maroon][i]Naruto[/i] is much bigger and hotter than [i]Bleach[/i], if we were to talk about raw statistics. However, the percentage of coherent fans is significantly bigger for the Bleach circle. Figure, 10 out of a 1000 Naruto fans are not giddy, screaming kids, so that's 1%, and 10 out of 100 Bleach fans will survive an encounter with a sane person, and that's 10%.

Pick your friends wisely, although I do prefer Naruto myself. O_O[/COLOR]

[quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=maroon][i]Naruto[/i] is much bigger and hotter than [i]Bleach[/i], if we were to talk about raw statistics. However, the percentage of coherent fans is significantly bigger for the Bleach circle. Figure, 10 out of a 1000 Naruto fans are not giddy, screaming kids, so that's 1%, and 10 out of 100 Bleach fans will survive an encounter with a sane person, and that's 10%.

Pick your friends wisely, although I do prefer Naruto myself. O_O[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I don't fully trust anyone who watches Naruto O_o

Naruto is by far the most popular one currently, might even be bigger than DBZ at this point. Bleach is also pretty damn popular, but not quite like Narutard.

If you ignore the [strike]stupid people, Narutards[/strike] mainstream anime fans, though, and delve into the inner circle, I'd say the most popular anime right now is by far[B] The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya[/B], thought the most popular airing currently is [B]Lucky Star[/B]. [/COLOR]

I got into and out of Naruto before it got popular, so I'm pretty proud of myself. I'm talking back when it was just a manga. Anyway, I'd have to say, Popularity wise...its probably Naruto(Lots of kids watch it, thusly the popularity gets pushed up more). But if you're looking for popular with older groups, while Naruto is still there, you'll be looking a lot towards classics.

But if you want new ones that are popular, then you'll see a lot of Lucky Star and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzymiya.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][quote name='Shinmaru']What about people who read it? :p[/QUOTE]

Depends. Back when I first discovered manga (AKa when [B]Shonen Jum[/B]p first came out in the US) I got way into [B]Naruto[/B] and collected them till like 2 years ago (I had the first 11 - now donated to my younger brother). Reading it makes you a lot cooler than the people who watch it, but if you can stomach it past about tankouban 10 then you either have an iron gut or bad taste. That or you just don't know better like most Narutards. [/COLOR]

Naruto has spawned more wretchedly annoying fans than any other anime I have ever heard of in my life. So I would have to go with that one. I think deathnote is pretty popular in less mainstream forums n such. I still read the Naruto manga whenever they come out. I don't really hang out with other naruto fans though...for the most part they nag the hell outta me. Haruhi is getting moe and moe popular by the day though. Maybe I will watch it one day. The fanbase annoys me for this series too. But not to the same degree as the Naruto fanbase.

[COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Dagger']I don't know if a Moetan watcher should be talking about others having iron guts. :p[/QUOTE]
Oh man, Dagger with an edge, the Heavens are [I]quivering[/I] (pardon the pun).

Well for the general Shonen genre, Its most likely what everyone else in the thread have been mentioning. I don't know exactly how strong of a fan base that those two series have had (I've only been really into anime for a little over two years now), but I'd put my money that their fan base built up gradually.

Now if you're talking about a cult hit (aka, series that have had their fan base increase rapidly). The only new one I can think of would be Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann[spoiler] [/shameless plug][/spoiler] but eh, if you're really that curious just try a search engine of some kind for better results.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]
Reading it makes you a lot cooler than the people who watch it, but if you can stomach it past about tankouban 10 then you either have an iron gut or bad taste. That or you just don't know better like most Narutards. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] Ah, anime wank. Will it ever die?

Naruto is the most popular anime both in Japan and in the US internet-anime base. I have no idea how it's faring on CN, though. Whether Naruto is better than Bleach is purely subjective. They're both your standard shounen anime, though I prefer Naruto. Not to say that it hasn't been going down the drain lately. o_+[/font]

[quote name='Dagger']I don't know if a Moetan watcher should be talking about others having iron guts. :p

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bah. I've only seen 2 episodes. From what I hear, the show is edited to hell and ep 6 wasn't even shown on TV in Japan, so I'll wait for DVD rips. Anyway, have you even seen it? Can you really talk? :p

I've [i]seen[/i Naruto. I've lived the horror of all the [i]bullcrap filler[/i] and needless stalling added into the episodes. I can read a f---ing arc in 30 minutes >_> LAME.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Bah. I've only seen 2 episodes. From what I hear, the show is edited to hell and ep 6 wasn't even shown on TV in Japan, so I'll wait for DVD rips. Anyway, have you even seen it? Can you really talk? :p

I've [i]seen[/i Naruto. I've lived the horror of all the [i]bullcrap filler[/i] and needless stalling added into the episodes. I can read a f---ing arc in 30 minutes >_> LAME.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

ALL of the filler? I no longer question your sanity. I know you lack it entirely.

[quote name='Avenged666fold']ALL of the filler? I no longer question your sanity. I know you lack it entirely.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]O_o No, I didn't literally mean all the filler. I'm not [i]that[/i] crazy, lol. I'm talking about the stupid filler eps that appear randomely in the earlier seasons (AKA I've not seen past what they've played on CN)[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]O_o No, I didn't literally mean all the filler. I'm not [i]that[/i] crazy, lol. I'm talking about the stupid filler eps that appear randomely in the earlier seasons (AKA I've not seen past what they've played on CN)[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Whew! I am a fan of Naruto and I can't even watch the non filler on TV. I can't wrap my head around someone watching the whole filler...all of it...a mind boggling concept it is...(You are now officially back on my "people who aren't crazy list")

Well, the Cons are kind of...uneven. I'm pretty sure that there are going to be more people over 18 at cons compared to people around 13-15. Most Naruto fans I know are in the 8-15 range, although I was a fan at one point. But most Bleach fans are probably in the 16-22 range. SO, since there are less kids at cons then there are adults, the adult's shows would have more...showing.

Also, all my facts and staticstics were made up on the spot.

Pretty much every anime fan I have met that goes to cons was under 16. So from my life experience younger people go to cons. But I don't go to cons myself so I am not really speaking from experience.(I'd rather be chillin at my house or hangin with my friends at the movies or something instead of going to a con...all the weird people scare me).

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Pretty much every anime fan I have met that goes to cons was under 16. So from my life experience younger people go to cons. But I don't go to cons myself so I am not really speaking from experience.(I'd rather be chillin at my house or hangin with my friends at the movies or something instead of going to a con...all the weird people scare me).[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]>_> it's a mixed crowd, really.

Best reason there's more Bleach cosplay than Narutard? Bleach cosplay = black gi, fake hair. Naruto requires you to build an entire outfit. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]>_> it's a mixed crowd, really.

Best reason there's more Bleach cosplay than Narutard? Bleach cosplay = black gi, fake hair. Naruto requires you to build an entire outfit. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Yes the fashion police are on patrol and not many people will get away with orange tracksuits and headbands with shiny plastic on them without a fine. It's hard outside for a tard ya heard?

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Hey, I love Naruto, but I'd never drive myself to cosplay and fanboy...ism? The're at the landof tea or something. As for bleach it's good, but get's boring within the Soul Society/Rescue Rukia arc. Ya' now what's funny? [B]COOTCH[B]ki.

If you have [B]Fuse [/B]watch [B]Ergo Proxy and Tenjho Tenge[/B]. Not that popular, but at least it's fufilling in the moment. Or you couild watch [B]Blood+[/B], I love this show. But I've only seen a few episodeds. Downside? Not as much violance as it should. Remember that [spoiler] Neon Genesis episode where Shinji's eva ate the angel?[/spoiler] Well that's the gore I wish it had. Blood splatter... I'm going to stop right there. >_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Hey, I love Naruto, but I'd never drive myself to cosplay and fanboy...ism? The're at the landof tea or something. As for bleach it's good, but get's boring within the Soul Society/Rescue Rukia arc. Ya' now what's funny? [B]COOTCH[B]ki.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I kind of agree that the Soul Society arc was a bit boring but when it broke from the early section of those eps into the actual battles against captains and lieutenants it got to be more exciting. It is similar with the current Vaizard arc and may be similar with the Hueco Mundo arc soon to follow, however I'd say Naruto has had similar boring moments in the non-filler story arc.

I watch both Bleach and Naruto. Didn't even bother with the fillers for Naruto however I did sit through the Bleach filler arc mainly because there was a storyline, though a fairly poor one at that. I must say though that the majority of people I know who like either of these shows generally have an interest in the other as well. One of my reasonings for Naruto being more popular though is that it has been out for quite a while longer than Bleach so that fan-base was already fairly substantial when Bleach began.

However I was having a talk with a friend who is a Naruto fan but only semi-enjoys Bleach. he said that his biggest problem with it is that the power distinction seems to be thin, similar to the way DBZ was. the sort of I'm now the strongest being around, oh look suddenly a new enemy has appeared and I don't stand a chance without months of trainning. That's his opinion thoug and I probably haven't expressed it well.

[quote name='lilmimichan']Naruto obviously...>.>

I prefer Nana, more original and interesting.[/QUOTE]
Eh? So your a shoujo kind of person? I really don't see what is so original about Nana. Nothing you don't see in the average soap opera. It's a great manga in my opinion but it's no Haibanei Renmei or Angels Egg.