OtakuBoards

What is the most popular anime now?

Vigilance

I honestly can't get into Blood+ myself; I've sat and watched episodes just to try and like it, but I can't. I feel so left out, especially since everybody else I know who has watched it loved it.

Course, I think that watching and reading Hellsing sort of ruined me on vampire animes. I personally think its the best...lots of blood and gore and swearing and violence and...stuff.:animestun

[quote name='joshdude89']I honestly can't get into Blood+ myself; I've sat and watched episodes just to try and like it, but I can't. I feel so left out, especially since everybody else I know who has watched it loved it.[/QUOTE][COLOR=maroon]Don't waste your time. If I may be so bold as to [url=http://azurewolf.vox.com/library/post/blood-plus-nothing.html]plug myself[/url], it's a disappointing anime at best.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Avenged666fold']Eh? So your a shoujo kind of person? I really don't see what is so original about Nana. Nothing you don't see in the average soap opera. It's a great manga in my opinion but it's no Haibanei Renmei or Angels Egg.[/QUOTE]

:\ better than Naruto anyday.

[quote name='lilmimichan']:\ better than Naruto anyday.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That can be said about a great many things. being better than Naruto doesn't make it good, though. Rave Master is better than Naruto, but that doesn't mean I still read it. (compared because they were my first 2 favorite manga.) [/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]That can be said about a great many things. being better than Naruto doesn't make it good, though. Rave Master is better than Naruto, but that doesn't mean I still read it. (compared because they were my first 2 favorite manga.) [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
You think Rave Master is beter than Naruto? Thats pretty damn low.

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I agree, Rave Master was much more enjoyable. Mostly becasue of the funny characters. But the story was okay. Too bad toonami stopped showing it, especially during the good part of the series, after he defeated that huge guy in black.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]The American TV version of Rave Master; like Shaman King, One Piece, or Yu-Gi-Oh; should never be taken seriously >_> No blood, stupid edits, etc. etc.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Yeah I know. Luckily Naruto wasn't put through very heavy editting. Sakura said pervert, and it was shmexy. I saw the first movie Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow on CN yesterday, and the only really good part was the beginning and the end when Naruto blasted that guy with the [B]Rasengan[/B].

The new color? DarkSlateGray is so last week, and it was really common.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Yeah I know. Luckily Naruto wasn't put through very heavy editting. Sakura said pervert, and it was shmexy. I saw the first movie Ninja Clash in the Land of Snow on CN yesterday, and the only really good part was the beginning and the end when Naruto blasted that guy with the [B]Rasengan[/B].

The new color? DarkSlateGray is so last week, and it was really common.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Not put through heavy editing huh...what about "believe it", the slogan that killed the old Naruto fans. I loved Naruto before it got really popular, back about 5 years ago, when there was only the manga. Then the anime came out, and believe it made narutards everywhere rejoice, and old fans cringe. I miss the good ol' days :animecry:

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]This is getting close to nothing more than a this show is better than this show as well as a trip down memory lane of what we love about a paticular show. Instead of the topic of [I]What is the most popular anime now? [/I] How about finding other shows you think are among the most popular instead of coming back with[I] this show is better than the one you just listed[/I], bit. I'm going to start deleting those posts since they're becoming redundant and unnecessary.

And speaking of most popular? From what I've seen at the fan sub site I visit, Lucky Star as well as Lovely Complex are pretty popular at the moment. And at the same time I see a lot of Bleach and Naruto popping up there too. Sure I see more of Bleach and Naruto, but only by virtue of the fact that both of them have way to many episodes. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]It depends who you ask, how you ask, where you live, how old the person is that you ask, and how knowledgeable they are of anime.

Try looking on TheOtaku to see which has the most fan art and I guess you can go by that.[/COLOR]

[FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Red"]Note from miss april: I really don't understand about what this question meant! Frankly, I have to say that there are more choices of animes out there, not only the present animes released but also the animes remembered in our whole lives! [/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Anyway back to this post! Maybe I have to enumerate my answers first according to the generation years.

1960s to 1970's - Astro Boy, Voltes V
1980s to 1990s - Doraemon, Dragon Ball
2000's - Naruto, Bleach

Anyway, all of these anime titles above are still popular until now.

For my pick, I have to vote on this winner: [B]Dragon Ball series[/B]! I have to pick this one because it is aired on television several times due to its popular demand... People really love Martial Arts and Son Gokou!

On Naruto and Bleach, these anime titles also rock the anime scene, thus I have to pick these anime titles as 2nd and 3rd place respectively. :animeknow[/FONT]

[quote]For my pick, I have to vote on this winner: Dragon Ball series! I have to pick this one because it is aired on television several times due to its popular demand... People really love Martial Arts and Son Gokou![/quote]
[COLOR="Navy"]Hm. While I agree with that, but then the same can be said about Inuyasha.

In any case, I normally just go by what I hear everyone talking about. (When determining what's the most popular anime) And that's pretty much what you read on the internet. Evangelion, Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, Death Note, Azumanga something, One Piece and Fullmetal Alchemist. (Probably Cowboy Bebop and Trigun too)

I don't hear/see DBZ talked about too much these days so I figured the crowd sort of died down or something.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Naruto is much bigger and hotter than Bleach, if we were to talk about raw statistics. However, the percentage of coherent fans is significantly bigger for the Bleach circle. Figure, 10 out of a 1000 Naruto fans are not giddy, screaming kids, so that's 1%, and 10 out of 100 Bleach fans will survive an encounter with a sane person, and that's 10%.

Pick your friends wisely, although I do prefer Naruto myself. O_O[/QUOTE]

I agree. I supposed I half way fall under the annoying, giddy, screaming kids and the 10 of 1000 that aren'y overly hyper. ^^;

But statistically, Naruto is larger than Bleach....
[CENTER]Except when it comes to voilence.[/CENTER]:whoops:
Then, Yes, Bleach [I]would[/I] be better.