OtakuBoards

Silver One: Civil War Underground

SunfallE

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And I have me a new toy to play with. Sorry about not telling any of you, but we like our surprises.

Ta.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh my.... Jared is so... [spoiler]Ribbons anyone?[/spoiler] XP Yup someone is in for a very, [I]very[/I] rude awakening. And I just know that [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] and Allamorph are still snickering over how much that post surprised me. >_> I would have never guessed that the event Beth was referring to would be this. I've been had! lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Aaryanna;814153][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Oh my.... Jared is so... [spoiler]Ribbons anyone?[/spoiler] XP Yup someone is in for a very, [I]very[/I] rude awakening. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]>_> That's what I was thinking when I saw the post... what you've got spoiler tagged there. I was over at Indi's theO world and had to come and see what this surprise was that she mentioned. I was definitely not expecting something like this. XP[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]And I just know that [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi[/COLOR] and Allamorph are still snickering over how much that post surprised me. >_> I would have never guessed that the event Beth was referring to would be this. I've been had! lol[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Yeah, I'm sure they'll laugh at the rest of us too but... holy hell! O_O I would have never guessed that the surprise was something like this either. We've been cracking jokes about Jared needing to get clobbered only now... o_O

[quote name='GuyYouMetOnline']Am I missing something? It didn't seem like much of an event to me. We already knew Jared was going to be picked up, so what's the big deal?[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Oh, nothing. Nothing at all.

[I]*whistles happily*[/I][/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='GuyYouMetOnline']Am I missing something? It didn't seem like much of an event to me. We already knew Jared was going to be picked up, so what's the big deal?[/QUOTE]You are missing something, they're surprised by [I]who posted[/I], not by the actual event per se. :p[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]The surprise was over who posted, I mean... [[SIZE="1"]picks on Beth[/SIZE]] if she was conducting Jared's interrogation... she's not mean enough where Allamorph... o_O So naturally I found that very surprising, that out of nowhere he posts and picks Jared up. I was expecting Beth or[COLOR="Indigo"] Indi[/COLOR] to do that not Allamorph! o_O[/FONT][/COLOR]

What an interesting development.[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And I have me a new toy to play with. Sorry about not telling any of you, but we like our surprises.

Ta.[/FONT][/QUOTE]That is positively [I]dreadful[/I], you know that right? And yet I can't help but laugh at it. I'm quite sure Jared would not be amused over being considered a toy. lol[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][I]*whistles happily*[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh dear... I'm torn between cringing and outright laughing. Having you playing "Head of Intelligence/Black Ops" even if it's only to deal with Jared is going to be amusing me thinks. Definitely amusing. :catgirl:

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR=indigo]You are missing something, they're surprised by [I]who posted[/I], not by the actual event per se. :p[/COLOR][/quote]

Ah. Okay, so what's the deal with Allamorph? The name's familiar, but I can't place where I know it from (which is not unusual; I'm very bad with names).

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='GuyYouMetOnline']Ah. Okay, so what's the deal with Allamorph? The name's familiar, but I can't place where I know it from (which is not unusual; I'm very bad with names).[/QUOTE]Like Aaryanna said, Beth isn't anywhere near mean enough for someone like Jared and since I'd rather not be the one to clobber my own character [[SIZE="1"]that and I think Allamorph will do a better job[/SIZE]] I decided to ask Allamorph if he would like to basically be a guest poster. We don't have anyone directly in charge of Intelligence/Black Ops after all.

As for who he is... a brief trip into your own rpg holds the answer to that... [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=58249"][U]Click me![/U][/URL] Just scroll down and you'll see him there. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Haha, cute guys. >_> I can't help it if people like Indi and Allamorph are meaner than I am. =P Anyway, even though it was expected that Jared was going to be picked up, the event of having a guest poster is one of the surprises I was alluding to. It also indicates that like I said we are getting close to moving into the wrapping things up stage.

In the mean time you all can sit back and see what Indi and Allamorph are up to because other than to give the go ahead I have no clue what's going to happen either. It's completely up to them to determine Jared's fate. o_O And as Aaryanna pointed out... in her spoiler tag... [[SIZE="1"]that's a SD reference for those of you who don't know what she meant[/SIZE]] That has me kind of feeling sorry for him. Well... maybe. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Having you playing "Head of Intelligence/Black Ops" even if it's only to deal with Jared is going to be amusing me thinks. Definitely amusing. :catgirl:[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Amusing? Well, I [I]suppose[/I]...in the sense that watching a sizzling ant writhe under the light from my magnifying glass could be considered amusing.

So we'll all laugh and cringe and have a grand ole' time together, but keep in mind that interrogation is srius bizniss, and so I plan on being quite....ehh, [I]thorough[/I] about it. However, I will readily admit that the development of the Black Ops cell has been an extraordinary amount of fun. I basically got [I]carte blanche[/I] to say "what if...", and now I get to see if it really works! (^_^)

Any who makes a pun about Thoreau will be duly eviscerated. :p[/FONT]

[QUOTE][FONT=Arial]So we'll all laugh and cringe and have a grand ole' time together, but keep in mind that interrogation is srius bizniss, and so I plan on being quite....ehh, [I]thorough[/I] about it. [/FONT][/QUOTE]>_> I'm sure you will. I am tempted to start making guesses as to how long Jared lasts since I imagine that it won't be anywhere as long as he's thinking he would. So I claim dibs on saying he cracks in four days! =P

I'll also try to quit being lazy about posting, it's not a loss of interest but rather a loss of desire to do anything. All I've done is be lazy since the semester ended a month ago. I was so horribly burned out from being busy that I just wanted to take it easy for a while. Fortunately that desire to be lazy has finally fled.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Rachmaninoff'] I am tempted to start making guesses as to how long Jared lasts since I imagine that it won't be anywhere as long as he's thinking he would. So I claim dibs on saying he cracks in four days! =P[/QUOTE]Hey! That's what I would have guessed! *grumbles* Though considering who's in charge of the interrogation, perhaps I should claim dibs on saying he cracks in three days. :p So there! I say three days so therefore you are wrong Darren. *pokes*

It would be creepy if I was right though.^^ Very, very creepy! o_O [/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][FONT=Arial]Amusing? Well, I [I]suppose[/I]...in the sense that watching a sizzling ant writhe under the light from my magnifying glass could be considered amusing.

So we'll all laugh and cringe and have a grand ole' time together, but keep in mind that interrogation is srius bizniss, and so I plan on being quite....ehh, [I]thorough[/I] about it. [/FONT][/QUOTE]I still say you'll be amusing to watch in action, even if you intend to be [I]thorough[/I] about it young man. Anyway...

This is what I get for not paying attention but... what's with all the speculation on how long Jared will last? You silly kids! Declaring how soon Jared will break and all that. You make it sound like it's some contest to see who guesses correctly! o_O

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Just a quick update for everyone. You see in order to drive myself insane I have re-vamped the section on the types of ships in the first post. Not completely of course but for the main ships used by the military and local law enforcement, etc. It still could use a lot of work to really go into detail... but for now this will do.

It has quite a bit more information than before so you all might want to give it a quick read. It won't really change what your character is currently on but it will at least give you a clearer idea of the specs. Well at least a little anyway. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']This is what I get for not paying attention but... what's with all the speculation on how long Jared will last? You silly kids! Declaring how soon Jared will break and all that. You make it sound like it's some contest to see who guesses correctly! o_O[/QUOTE]Why not? :D Though when I say four days I mean from when they actually start on him. I'm very curious to see how Allamorph and Indi handle that aspect. Even if end up cringing over what they actually do. It's not too late for you to pick a time frame! =P Unlike my character who folded to avoid interrogation I'm sure Jared will not cooperate willingly. And I'll stop spamming the backstage thread now. >_>

[quote name='SunfallE'][color=RoyalBlue][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Just a quick update for everyone. You see in order to drive myself insane I have re-vamped the section on the types of ships in the first post. Not completely of course but for the main ships used by the military and local law enforcement, etc. It still could use a lot of work to really go into detail... but for now this will do.[/font][/quote][/color]
[font=Arial]This will help me significantly come next post.

Which I expect to be written tomorrow or the next day, since that is my weekend. >_>

[quote name='A_M']This is what I get for not paying attention but... what's with all the speculation on how long Jared will last? You silly kids! Declaring how soon Jared will break and all that. You make it sound like it's some contest to see who guesses correctly! o_O[/quote]
Apparently I bring out the inner sadist in the younger generation.

Either that, or they treat my escapades like some sort of gladiatorial entertainment. :p[/font] Edited by Allamorph

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][QUOTE][FONT=Arial]Apparently I bring out the inner sadist in the younger generation.

Either that, or they treat my escapades like some sort of gladiatorial entertainment. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]OMG... The hidden truth behind Basement Cat! o_O Hehehe!

Anyway, no reason to this post other than to say that the bit with the transport door making it possible to move the Chevalier three sectors was [I]way[/I] cool. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Arial]I feel I should point out, even though I'm sure most people got this, that the array deployed by the [I]Chevalier[/I] self-destructed completely, so no traces of it have been left behind.

I think it would be slightly out of character for a division as dedicated to precision as Sauvage's to leave little pieces of themselves laying about for anyone to find.

Well, okay, [I]more[/I] than slightly. :p[/FONT]

I was assuming that there'd be some minor debris, but nothing worth noting. Random bits of debris can't be too uncommon, considering the number of ships in use; small bits would come off all the time, and then you have debris resulting from deadly malfunctions, attacks, etc. So I thought there's be debris, but nothing more, and nothing anyone would bother to notice. In other words, it would be as good as if there was literally nothing left.

[QUOTE][FONT=Arial]I feel I should point out, even though I'm sure most people got this, that the array deployed by the [I]Chevalier[/I] self-destructed completely, so no traces of it have been left behind.

I think it would be slightly out of character for a division as dedicated to precision as Sauvage's to leave little pieces of themselves laying about for anyone to find.

Well, okay, [I]more[/I] than slightly. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]That's what I assumed, since it's not that hard to set things up to self-destruct. So based on what you are saying, they went for the overkill [[SIZE="1"]using more explosives than normally needed[/SIZE]] to ensure that no debris was left behind. =P

The more you post and comment, the more the group sounds like your kind of operation. No detail is too small to be overlooked. Though for a group like that to be successful, that kind of dedication would be necessary.

Anyway as Aaryanna already said, the bit with the door was very cool. The way you wrote it made it easy to visualize too.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Yes the bit with the door was [I]way[/I] cool. =P Seriously. That was pretty damn sweet.

Anyway, now that the holiday is over just some quick notes since life has been getting in the way of things lately. I'll just list them.

Shy, the material I had for you doesn't want to be found so I'm going to re-write that up for you. It shouldn't take too long though.

Aaryanna_Mom has been having health issues but still intends to finish up the rpg and for those of you who don't know about it, Indi was in a car accident on the Fourth of July so though she's around she may not post for a little bit while she recovers.

Anyway, I know that some of you also have finals coming up in three weeks so don't worry if you're too busy getting ready for that. The rpg isn't going anywhere and we can always finish up when people are feeling better and have more time. ^_^

If I missed anything, feel free to whack me via pm. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Indi was in a car accident on the Fourth of July so though she's around she may not post for a little bit while she recovers. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Getting the damn doctors to cut back on the pain meds does wonders for one's ability to actually think. That being said, I have posted and I'm ready to get this show back on the road as they put it. I do have finals, but I am only taking two classes so I'm not too worried about it. Plus after that I have twenty four days of no school to do whatever I want. [/COLOR]

Just a heads-up: I'll be leaving this Saturday on a two-week vacation. I should have Internet access, although I'm not 100% certain. I'll post before I leave, just in case, and if I do dissapear for two weeks, you'll know why, although I think that's unlikely.

UPDATE: I did some checking, and it looks like I won't have Internet access for the first week, but I will for the second week. I'll make sure to get a post in before I leave, and my character's by herself anyways, so it shouldn't be a problem.

EDIT: Actually, I really don't have anything to post about, so I probably won't post before I leave.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]And I quit being lazy and posted. >_> All that warm sunshine and shade along with books from the library keep luring me into spending way too much time outside. <_< So yeah, sorry for the delay on getting that part of my objective finished. Plus I ended up helping someone out this evening so that delayed me too. o_O

Anyway, time to get on with Jared getting clobbered! :D[/FONT][/COLOR]