OtakuBoards

A Change If You Will

Japan

[quote name='Sandy']Aww, sorry if I've offended you, since I'm also one of those who have called you a Rat Boy, but I find it kind of endearing. It makes you like... a mascot of OB, or something. ;D

Besides, inside jokes are something you can't really control. Once someone "gets it", they're on the inside. Currently, and pardon my exaggeration, half of OB's memberbase are inside that one joke, so it's not much of an inside joke anymore, just a friendly pun.

Just like the voodoo doll image of myself to which so many people want to stick pins at. ;P[/QUOTE]I kind of thought the same about that name DB. Though I don't recall if I ever called you that or not. It just seemed like a funny nickname that you had been given.

And yeah... when I did that joke about nailing you with a voodoo doll Sandy? I never expected Aaryanna to stuff it in her signature. XP

So sometimes those jokes spread far more than you ever intended. You can't stop other people from using it unless you never joke around in the first place. Which in my opinion, would be a hell of a lot more boring than seeing those inside jokes that you don't get. lol

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Dude. This is [I]McDonald's[/I]. You can talk all you want about fighting in the ball pit. :P[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][COLOR="HotPink"]Preach it man. Preach it.

I'd like to see a race between Japan and Raiha, with Mitch as a referee, to run to McDonalds, to get to Charlie, no rules attached.[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Charles']Haha, touche'. I guess a joke is only as good as the material it's based on then. :smirk:[/QUOTE][COLOR=green]Very "funny"...

No, the material isn't so important as much as how you work with it. I mean, I've seen really great comedians transform material so serious and unfunny as - say - 9/11-related things into laugh-out-loud skits. Take the same material, put it on the level of the OB inside jokes here, and well, yeah, you'll always be disappointed.

It's not what you have. It's what you do with it - at least when it comes to humor.[/COLOR]

[quote name='AzureWolf'][COLOR=green]It's not what you have. It's what you do with it - at least when it comes to humor.[/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Not only when it comes to humour, really.

But seriously, are we still intending that OtakuBoards'd be dying because of the poor humour? I thought that was one of the bad jokes.[/size]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]Not only when it comes to humour, really.

But seriously, are we still intending that OtakuBoards'd be dying because of the poor humour? I thought that was one of the bad jokes.[/size][/QUOTE][COLOR=green]Honestly, I don't know why my opinion that OB inside jokes suck has such a strong and serious response, like I'm some awesomely beautiful demi-god whose opinion is highly-valued. Lighten up! We're talking about OB [B][i]jokes[/i][/B]! I think they are not funny. Big deal. I'm not making some grand statement about its irrevocable effects to OB.

In fact, I never once said they had any impact on OB whatsoever. Just that they are tried and tired. Never said they were related to OB's quality or its demise in any way. Just a simple observation.

Don't take me so seriously, and don't take my random comments so personally. Relax, have fun. It's the internet, and your opinion on jokes will not change the world.[/COLOR]

Maybe give role-players a chance to fix there OOC thread before it's locked ? I know every member should read the rules before they post , but locking threads doesn't help members get there act together. IT just makes them feel like they don't belong and gives them a reason to join a more easy going community.

Perhaps give them the choice to either fix there mistake or they will have the thread locked. That in my mind sounds a lot more fair. What do you think ?

[quote name='gabrielzero']Maybe give role-players a chance to fix there OOC thread before it's locked ? I know every member should read the rules before they post , but locking threads doesn't help members get there act together. IT just makes them feel like they don't belong and gives them a reason to join a more easy going community.

Perhaps give them the choice to either fix there mistake or they will have the thread locked. That in my mind sounds a lot more fair. What do you think ?[/QUOTE]

But you can copy and paste your old text to a new thread, and then make the changes there. It's not much harder than merely editing your old post. And you [I]do[/I] have every chance to fix your mistake, just not in that same thread.

There are several reasons why I personally lock threads that have too many things lacking in them:
1. There are some edits that only a moderator can do, such as editing the thread title.
2. It prevents other members from joining an RPG that doesn't quite meet the requirements.
3. It ensures that the one who created it notices that his or her thread was lacking, and helps him or her to remember to avoid making the same mistakes the next time.

You seem to take it as a personal insult that I locked your thread, but you shouldn't. I'm not expecting you to know all the rules by heart after such a short stay, but my job is to introduce you to the rules and make sure you learn them.

You're every bit as welcome to the Adventure Square as any other member of the boards, you just have to learn the way things work there first. I really hope to see an improved version of your RPG at the Inn, because the game sure was promising despite it's lacks.

- Sandy

[quote name='Sandy']
You seem to take it as a personal insult that I locked your thread, but you shouldn't. I'm not expecting you to know all the rules by heart after such a short stay, but my job is to introduce you to the rules and make sure you learn them.

You're every bit as welcome to the Adventure Square as any other member of the boards, you just have to learn the way things work there first. I really hope to see an improved version of your RPG at the Inn, because the game sure was promising despite it's lacks.

- Sandy[/QUOTE]

No I didn't take it as a insult , if I did I wouldn't of bothered to make this suggestion. I didn't use your name in this post or mentioned the fact that I had my thread locked. lol.

I just saw a opportunity to make a helpful suggestion and took advantage of it. I think it should be encouraged for members to speak there mind , otherwise it holds a forum back from growing and evolving. It doesn't mean that moderators can't be open to suggestion either.

If it looked like I was out to make someone look bad, then I do apologize . I honestly don't understand where that impression came from though.

Also I would like to suggest more ideas if that is ok. :)

[quote name='gabrielzero']Also I would like to suggest more ideas if that is ok. :)[/QUOTE]

Of course you can make suggestions and give feedback to us. I'm trying to become a more... [I]pleasant[/I] in my moderation, but since I'm also a professional upbringer in real-life, I can be quite stern and decided.

It's just that you wouldn't be the first person whose thread I have locked that has taken it as a personal insult, so my words sprung up from experience. Sorry that I made that assumption in your case.

I'm sure you'll make a great addition to our roster of roleplayers once you get the hang of things. ;D

[quote name='Sandy']Of course you can make suggestions and give feedback to us. I'm trying to become a more... [I]pleasant[/I] in my moderation, but since I'm also a professional upbringer in real-life, I can be quite stern and decided.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]So you're like the Super Nanny of OB ? :animesmil[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]The what now ? :animeswea[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[U][URL="http://www2.oprah.com/relationships/relationships_content.jhtml?contentId=con_20050121_naughtystool.xml§ion=Family&subsection="]The Naughty Stool[/URL][/U], duh!

You need to sit there quietly for as many minutes as you have years in your age. So for you, what, forty-five minutes? X)

[quote name='Sandy']You need to sit there quietly for as many minutes as you have years in your age. So for you, what, forty-five minutes? X)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]According to the article you're supposed to explain why I'm on this "naughty chair", which as Rev correctly pointed out definitely sounds like something out of a fetish sex shop. :animeswea[/SIZE]

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]According to the article you're supposed to explain why I'm on this "naughty chair"...[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Pfft, I'm not that kind of a nanny (or rather, [I]manny[/I]).

[quote name='Gavin'][SIZE="1"]...which as Rev correctly pointed out definitely sounds like something out of a fetish sex shop. :animeswea[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Now I [I]could[/I] be that kind of a nanny. >;D

But anyway, let's not deviate this thread with the advices of Jo Frost anymore. Uh, don't even remember what sparked this conversation! XP

[quote name='Aceburner']You know what I love about this place? This thread, where we were earlier discussing the benefits and flaws of inside jokes, has BECOME an inside joke.

Yep, that's how we roll...[/QUOTE][color=sienna][size=1]Not really. It's just a joke that started and evolved within this thread. Hihi. ^^[/size][/color]