OtakuBoards

Costumes

Japan

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Since Halloween is just around the corner, most of us should be thinking of what costumes to wear. This thread is for expressing ideas, tips, and asking for advice for what you need to complete the costume.

Since I have a convention that I want to go to in March and since the anime club at my college is hosting a halloween party, I decided to go as Tifa. Not the orginal outfit but the one in Advent Children. I have the things for the outfit figured out but I just need to get the stuff and the materials to get it. I am very excited and hope to complete it before the 30th.[/COLOR]

For Halloween I'll probably go wearing my 'show' blacksmithing outfit, which uses a cowboy-style leather coat along with the deerhide apron I made, and jeans. My main RP character uses a similar style in Medieval and Western themed RPs, being that he also is usually a blacksmith. Probably should post a picture of it, since it is original for me I find most people don't recognize it unless I go to the same part of town two years in a row. Most years I will also carry a Kerosene Lantern and some of my work while in this outfit.

I am making a second costume though, because of the AC3 Convention in early November. I plan on going to that as Syaoran from Tsubasa Chronicle. Actually just bought the cloth for the cape today, the rest of it I already have.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]I'm putting on a skimask and running around with no clothes on. I'm going to hide in the bushes and then pop out and care the crap out of my friends. I think my costume for this year is ingenius, unless I give someone a heart attack.

I don't know what will scare them more. Me popping out of the bushes, or me being naked.

Or..a mixture of both..[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest The Blue Jihad
My costume for a friend's Halloween party on the 27th:

Sweet Zombie Jesus.

It's gonna be great. Got the Jesus robes, the Jesus beard, the zombie make-up, and a big jug of candy. When people ask who I am, "I am Sweet Zombie Jesus, my child. Here, have a candy."

For Halloween itself, gonna go to work as Undead Steve Irwin. Zombie celebrities usually take a year or so to rise from the grave.

I might see if I can get an El Kabong costume together and hit up a few costume contests. It should be pretty simple to do--Zorro-style hat, bandana, and cape, my guitar, and a white horse suit. I only anticipate having trouble finding the suit, since your stereotypical horse suit is brown. But hey, you never know!

I've also got a friend who's having a costume contest at his job, Wal-Mart, where the winner gets a $50 gift card, and he says he'll split it with me if I help him get a good costume together. Any ideas? :P

[quote name='John']I might see if I can get an El Kabong costume together and hit up a few costume contests.[/QUOTE][size=1]Will you marry me?

Anyway, I doubt I'll be dressing up this year. However, I'll probably force my Bulldog to dress up at least one night this month. I'm thinking either a ballerina or Tinkerbell.

-Shy[/size]

[size=1]My innermost fangirlish nerd wants to dress up as Edgeworth, from Phoenix Wright. But seeing as how most of the high schoolers at my school have the mental maturity of a soiled diaper and would most likely take potshots at the ever-flowing cravat, I might do something else.

It'd help if I could get to the big-ol' Halloween store they have in the next town over soon. Though parentals can't know -- they're not too keen on the whole Halloween thing.[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][SIZE=1]Will you marry me?[/SIZE][/quote] Yes.

[quote name='Shy][SIZE=1']However, I'll probably force my Bulldog to dress up at least one night this month. I'm thinking either a ballerina or Tinkerbell.[/SIZE][/quote] Nevermind.

[COLOR="Olive"]I'm just going to go streaking again. Everyone gouged they're eyes out last Holloween.

My friend's mom found a condom costume last year. That is funny. But If I got a costume, I'd be a mid-evil dark knight. Or a little puppy. The girl's would pet me.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I've been thinking about dressing up for Halloween but I don't know yet. If I did, it would have to be school appropiate because I'd most likely wear it during the day because I don't go out at night often.

I've been thinking of something different. I'm thinking of getting some light foundation and makeup and being a caucasian. I can already pass the voice and actions because I'm the "whitest person" my friends know. And it'll be fun I guess. Either that or dress up as a huge Wal-Mart smiley face and walk around giving people stickers of myself.[/SIZE]

Man, since Halloween falls on a Wednesday, I'm going to my college classes in full costume. NinjaBurger Delivery Ninja ([url]www.ninjaburger.com[/url]), in the middle of an English class or and Intro to Non-western Civilizations class... it'll be hilarious.

On a side note, if you're looking for costume pieces, especially strange ones, do not underestimate the power of Goodwill stores and dumpster diving. I wouldn't suggest the second one too strongly, since it can lead to injuries, infections from the injuries, diseases from the infections from the injuries, etc... If you have the guts to do it, as well as good health insurance, dumpster dive at costume stores, hobby lobby, and fabric stores. You wouldn't believe all the good stuff they throw out!

[FONT="Arial"]All I really need for a costume this year are decent adhesive vampire fangs, since I'm planning on just being vampire me for Halloween. I probably won't do anything all that great that night since it's a stupid school night, though. :[

It would also be pretty cool if I could find a top hat. I don't know why, but I think a top hat would suit me pretty nicely.[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]I am so frustrated right now. I have the stuff for the costume and all that is left is the hair cut, black shoe laces, and finishing the sewing. What is frustrating is that I feel like my costume will turn out horrible compared to some awesome Tifa cosplay that I've seen and I would not do Tifa any justice.

Anyways, when I am done I will post a picture to show you how it looks. I highly recommend that those who posted do the same...except those naked. Eww, I'd rather feast my eyes on something far sexier....and covered...

So if you are naked, please refrain from the temptation. kthnxbai[/COLOR]

[size=1]I'm going to be Peter Pan... need to hit up Goodwill for some costume materials soon.
I don't plan on going trick-or-treating or anything like that, but I suppose I'm going to a party. I really wanted to get someone else to dress up as Tinkerbell, but no one else is Lost Boy enough, I guess.

Anyone have green tights I could borrow? :([/size]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Ok! Since the anime halloween party was today because idiots scheduled a college thing tomorrow. So here are some pictures. I suggest other people do the same.[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26426&stc=1&d=1193790210[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26425&stc=1&d=1193790171[/IMG]

I suppose that Halloween is pretty much just an excuse to go cosplaying outside of convention season ^_~. I'm not dressing up this year, actually I'm not really a halloween type person. I much prefer to dress up when other people [I]aren't[/I] doing it, stands out more heh heh.

[font="trebuchet ms"] Lunox's ghetto pirate costume, put together in ten minutes:

-1 flamboyant scarf tied around head
-1 pink ribbon for side-ways ponytail
-1 paint-splatter-styled oversized button-up
-1 green waist belt
-1 bohemian hip tie
-1 blue short-short
-1 pair of red heels
-1 foam pirate sword
- too much mascara & eyeliner

= best costume ever. Pictures? Possibly.[/font]

Since we have lots of little kids come to the house I don't like to wear scary costumes. I will probably do what I've been doing for the past few years and wear my panda hoodie, black leggings and my furry boots. It's warm (it's really cold here in Washington state this time of year), comfy and not scary to the little ones.

Who knows, I have only one more thing to do on my Katamari Damacy costume. I might wear that one. We'll see. If I do I'll take some pictures and post them for everyone to gawk at. :p

Guest The Blue Jihad
My Zombie Jesus was a hit this past Saturday. Wish I had more pics. Only one is my Jesus Endorsement of Miller Lite. I'll get it eventually.

Tonight I'm gonna be drinking heavily (yay depression) so instead of just Undead Steve Irwin answering the door, it'll be Alcoholic Undead Steve Irwin.

In other words? It'll be glorious.

I went as my superhero alter-ego. It was pretty rockin'.

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/cerasaragirl/1812198861][img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2322/1812198861_1f00ed8617_m.jpg[/img][/url]
[size=1](Click to view larger.)[/size]