OtakuBoards

Effin' Robots!!! (Robot Sex)

The13thMan

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Well, it took me a bit of time to read through it all, but i did! I've got a few things i want to comment on.

It seems to me that most of you wouldn't yourself be interested in robots but are totally fine with other people doing it. That's all fine and good, but why aren't you interested? I personally would have to try it before dismissing it as uninteresting to myself. But i suppose that's partly due to my scientific nature. I gotta experiment! =P

Somebody said that metal and genital action doesn't sound too appealing. When i think of a robot capable of sex i'm thinking about a robot that looks human, like Chii in Chobits. I guess that would be considered an android, but isn't an android a type of robot? Anywho, i imagine the robot to look and feel exactly like a human.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Indifference']And you're not taking into account that all of this is still out of the realm of knowing if it actually is possible or not. And your talk of constructing something that looks human proves this out. The materials in such a robot are artificial and man made. It's not human it's simply emulating one. That's my point to begin with. [/quote]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Actually, i'm fairly sure it is known to be possible. We have robotics, we have materials that can emulate human skin and whatnot. I think it's only a matter of time before we get there. We still have a long way to go, but i do think it's very well within the limits of possibility. And even if it wasn't, it doesn't have any bearing on the argument.

And i think when this problem arises in real life there will be a real attempt to define human life. And i'm also sure all of the super religious types out there will state a very arrogant and excluding view on life, just as they have with the whole gay marriage issue. If you look at life in a more objective matter then the line becomes a lot more blurry. If a robot can emulate human life, who's to say it's not "alive?" You can't prove or disprove it or even yourself has a soul.

Everybody else seems to prefer real relationships. I think there are a number of benefits from having a relationship with a robot. You don't have to put up with a lot of the crap. You'd never fight with the robot, unless of course that's what you wanted. In many ways the robot would be like the perfect spouse. Great sex and no nagging? Yippy! That said, i would still hope to prefer a real human relationship.

Overall i feel that most of the responses were fairly typical. C'mon fellas! Think outside of the box!

I'd say more but my thoughts are jumbled and i really have to work out and study... so perhaps later. =D
[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='The13thMan'][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Everybody else seems to prefer real relationships. I think there are a number of benefits from having a relationship with a robot. You don't have to put up with a lot of the crap. You'd never fight with the robot, unless of course that's what you wanted. In many ways the robot would be like the perfect spouse. Great sex and no nagging? Yippy! That said, i would still hope to prefer a real human relationship.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]I don't want perfection, since that's an illusion really. It sounds like it would be perfect but it's not. Also, one can get great sex without nagging, it just takes work and being willing to put effort into a relationship. Or following Retri's suggestion and aiming for those random hook ups. :p[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Olive"][QUOTE][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I want nothing more than to have a robot wife. That is my absolute ultimate dream. Until then, I thought of buying those doll things and pretending it's real. I have the capacity to do so.[/COLOR] [/QUOTE]

I want to have sex with a chocolate woman. After all, she'd only melt in my mouth. If you know what I'm getting at, eh Guys? EH GUYS?

Yeah, I'd do a robot. I'm lonely enough as it is. Why would I have sex with a machine? Cause it's cool. >_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference']Not real and therefore irrelevant to this debate.[/quote]
I know that it is entirely made up, but what is to say that we might not eventually enter into a scenario of similar nature to that. A persocon body could easily be constructed using the methods I described, however it would have issues with a power source and it's computing potential- both of which will be answered in due time by technological progress maintaining present rate of advancements.

[quote]
And you're not taking into account that all of this is still out of the realm of knowing if it actually[I] is [/I]possible or not. And your talk of constructing something that looks human proves this out. The materials in such a robot are artificial and man made. It's not human it's simply emulating one. That's my point to begin with.[/quote]

It is impossible to predict exactly when, all that can be certain is eventually we will figure it out. So far, most of the predictions made in the 1970s have failed to come true, most weren't even close. However, a lot of them have come true, and I would like to point out a great example- The modern flip-phone cellular device, the prototype of that device is actually the Star Trek communicator from the original series, made back then. Still need a little bit more improvement, but the companies are working on it. It doesn't matter if the materials are artificial or not, if need be a truly cunning inventor could potentially make an android that uses carbon-based flesh maintained by blood like ours, over a metallic or organic frame. Though too much organic and you become a cyborg-clone type instead of an actual robot.
Also, look at the fashion industry. How many of those models are actually still all natural and organic? Less than 1% I'd bet, they are all artificially modified to look better than real people are meant to.

[quote]
And we may never reach this point and even if we do being considered human is still not human. And even gaining sentience won't change the fact that they wouldn't be human. It would still be something else altogether.Though that is possible, I don't see it happening in my life time. And honestly debating over marriage? Just as I have no problem with gay marriage I wouldn't care if someone considered themselves married to something that isn't human. I'll save the debate over civil rights and other legal issues for another time since I don't see this happening anytime soon if at all. [/quote]

For the time being, it would be as pointless to argue as gay rights are, yet someday assuming that technology continues evolving, people will be arguing over them same as they are arguing over gay rights now. The fact is not everybody carries the same opinions as you do on such things, and those difference of opinions are the reason why debates exist as one side argues their point and tries to win over the other side. Eventually though, machine intelligences of that nature may exist, and be passable as human in all definitions except for being made of metal and plastic instead of flesh and blood. That still doesn't mean they can't be alive- there is a machine in the world that is powered entirely by human food, meaning they could engauge in respiration and metabolism same as we do.

[quote]And that's just it... It's still nothing more than a theory. ;) And though it's repetitive, I have no interest in something that isn't human like I am. [/QUOTE]

I'll give you that one, since it is a theory used in my own work and to date I do not have any publishable evidence to prove or disprove that theory. However, other machines using similar concepts do exist and are proving to be functional in real world environments- machines like MIT's COG, the Honda ASIMO, and various others that have a level of machine intelligence that permits them to learn how to interact in our world.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi'] How many of those models are actually still all natural and organic? Less than 1% I'd bet, they are all artificially modified to look better than real people are meant to. [/QUOTE]Define real. After all humans are full of genetic defects. And in the end... they are still people. The very core of what they are is still human, that kind of modification is superficial where the other is talking about being artificial on all levels.

Also... You've missed my point, I do not consider them real, it's that simple for me. I am not interested in robots or any other thing that one would consider getting married to. I like people. And I'm not interested in debating the finer points of what may or may not be possible. Because in the end it will be circular, I'll tell you it's [I]theory only[/I] and you'll counter with [I]what if[/I]... and so on. :p[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#001824][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Am I the only one who doesn't think humans are all that great?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Have sex, then ask that question again.

[quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Would you have sex with an alien woman? She's not human, after all...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Probably, at least it isn't artificial, thats my biggest qualm with sexing a robot, and who knows what kind of [I]surprises[/I] are inside.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Define real. After all humans are full of genetic defects. And in the end... they are still people. The very core of what they are is still human, that kind of modification is superficial where the other is talking about being artificial on all levels. [/QUOTE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]It's not about defining reality, it's about defining what makes something human or inhuman. What's your definition of a human?

What core? What is the core you speak of? If this core is physical then there must be a way to replicate it and manufacture it. And please don't say this core is the soul.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=indifference][COLOR="Indigo"]
Also... You've missed my point, I do not consider them real, it's that simple for me. I am not interested in robots or any other thing that one would consider getting married to. I like people. And I'm not interested in debating the finer points of what may or may not be possible. Because in the end it will be circular, I'll tell you it's [I]theory only[/I] and you'll counter with [I]what if[/I]... and so on. :p[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]They are "real," I think you mean you don't consider them human.

I think this statement is a bit presumptuous. You've never met a robot... or a sex-bot! =D How can you know you won't like it? Will you pass or fail the Pepsi challenge? Yes, there are going to be a lot of what if's. And for that reason i think you should at least keep an open mind to the possibility. You can't know you like steak until you try it, right?

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I'm with 13th man. I also think that if the robot is indeed sentient, it's pretty messed up to call them inhuman. How would that make you feel? Come here, my poor little robot...[SIZE="1"] I'll cheer you up.... [/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE][size=1]Why would a robot want to be called human? I imagine that a sentient robot would take pride in being the technological marvel that they are. Calling them human almost seems like an insult.

I'm Pro-Choice when it comes to robot sex. As far as I'm concerned people can do whatever they want to a robot as long as it consents (or its' manufacturer does. Hm.)

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Why would a robot want to be called human? I imagine that a sentient robot would take pride in being the technological marvel that they are. Calling them human almost seems like an insult.[/size][/QUOTE]

Typical lines of thought indicate that prototype humanoid robots of sentient ability would always be facing the comparison between themselves and humans- through the course of interaction with people having similar opinions to Indifference would likely be given the impression that they are inferior to humans, when in reality they may very well be equal or even superior to the humans they interact with.

Due course of thought process though, a robot being degraded by interaction with such people would then be likely to follow a course that would be such as to make it more human, and in theory calling a robot human would be a complement.

Later versions of Robots, after they have been in the world for a while, may wish to take pride in what they are- and calling such a machine human would be insulting since they would have probably gotten their own sense of pride in not being human.

In any case, while I might construct a robot with a female-form body that would rival the looks of a human, I would not in my right mind consider adding the fine gender-specific details that would be used for sex. While later robots may be equipped with them once they have become common, the chances are high that most early machines will not have them.

I still think that explaining the feeling of sex to a robot is a lost cause. Because they would not have the same pleasure mechanism associated with it that we do, even letting them experience it would not satisfactorily explain why we like it so much. And a robot would not be able to reproduce, not without a lot more technology than we are even close to. Plus there would be the ethics of such a thing, since the only way that a robot would be able to reproduce with a human is if the robot was carrying human internals.

[quote name='Shy'][size=1]Why would a robot want to be called human? I imagine that a sentient robot would take pride in being the technological marvel that they are. Calling them human almost seems like an insult.

I'm Pro-Choice when it comes to robot sex. As far as I'm concerned people can do whatever they want to a robot as long as it consents (or its' manufacturer does. Hm.)

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Hahaha, you is silly.

Who the hell would program a robot to not consent? Hm... rapists?

If your robot ran out of batteries and you had sex with it would you be considered a necrophiliac?

I wander if robots give good head... o_0 Too racy?

And what'll be next once we start effin' robots? ...you ever get frisky with a black hole? Giggidy.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]How boring :animesigh well, at least now I found out why Rach and Sunfall were so ZOMG REAL RELATIONSHIPS!!!11!1 XD[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well duh! I'd blame Crystia if it wasn't for Beth's update. XP Though I'll blame her anyway since it's fun.

Anyway, I'm not going to bother to quote and refute the different aspects being brought up here since that will just having me say something that I think is pretty obvious and therefore not necessary as far as mentioning it goes.

I will say this though, and I'm aiming this towards any of you who have yet to have a deep relationship... don't think a robot will be better than something you've never experienced. And yes I know you can argue that until robots are around how would you know?

But see, until that actually happens, I think it's pointless to argue that. Fun perhaps, but still lacking in factual basis to build the argument on. Also, there's nothing wrong with stating in advance that you would prefer your own kind. I think that's pretty normal actually.

It's not messed up, it's not presumptuous. It's how you feel about the concept of attempting to have a relationship with something that isn't human. It's more presumptuous to assume that robots will better somehow.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']
I will say this though, and I'm aiming this towards any of you who have yet to have a deep relationship... don't think a robot will be better than something you've never experienced. And yes I know you can argue that until robots are around how would you know?

But see, until that actually happens, I think it's pointless to argue that. Fun perhaps, but still lacking in factual basis to build the argument on. Also, there's nothing wrong with stating in advance that you would prefer your own kind. I think that's pretty normal actually. [/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkOrange]
[FONT=Century Gothic]If you're going to state that it's pointless to argue that a robot would be "better" because of a lack of factual evidence then you must say the same about the opposing statement, that is, that robots would be "worse."

There is something wrong with stating in advance that you would prefer your own kind. It's a statement out of ignorance. Instead you should just say, well i don't know how i'd feel, i've never experienced a relationship or anything of the sort with a robot. Or you could say that you would think you wouldn't prefer it. I know this is very nitpicky, oh well.

I think it's pretty normal to state that though. So i also think it's normal for a normal person to make a statement out of ignorance...perhaps ignorantly?
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']
It's not messed up, it's not presumptuous. It's how you feel about the concept of attempting to have a relationship with something that isn't human. It's more presumptuous to assume that robots will better somehow.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Actually, it's no more or less presumptuous. The amount of evidence is the same in both cases, you're only making the opposite statement. And once again, it would be presumptuous. It's not necessarily a bad thing. But it is what it is. =D

[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='The13thMan'][COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic][B]There is something wrong with stating in advance that you would prefer your own kind.[/B] It's a statement out of ignorance. Instead you should just say, well i don't know how i'd feel, i've never experienced a relationship or anything of the sort with a robot. Or you could say that you would think you wouldn't prefer it. I know this is very nitpicky, oh well. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]No. :animesigh It's a statement based on the fact that we don't have enough information to say one way or the other. Just as there is no 'should' as for how one would react to an idea like this. I don't know about the others, but my first thought is to cringe over the idea. Robots are not real people, is it really so hard to grasp that one would prefer to connect with their own kind? Or that they are not interested in considering the alternative that in my mind is no alternative at all?

Even if it were real I know that I am not interested in it. Maybe it's because living without sex isn't the end of the world. Not having a close relationship isn't the end of the world. So unless it's with something that isn't 'fake' I'd rather do without. You guys are making me wonder as to why you want to defend it so. There's no need to be nitpicky. You think people should give it a try and I'll say I've no interest.

I'm not going to lie and say I don't know how I'd feel because just thinking about it is enough to turn me off to the idea. If I had a robot that complex I wouldn't be using it for sex or companionship, I'd want it programmed to do useful things like clean the house or maintain the yards. Because that's the context in which I see robots. Not for other things.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]No. :animesigh It's a statement based on the fact that we don't have enough information to say one way or the other. Just as there is no 'should' as for how one would react to an idea like this. I don't know about the others, but my first thought is to cringe over the idea. Robots are not real people, is it really so hard to grasp that one would prefer to connect with their own kind? Or that they are not interested in considering the alternative that in my mind is no alternative at all?

Even if it were real I know that I am not interested in it. Maybe it's because living without sex isn't the end of the world. Not having a close relationship isn't the end of the world. So unless it's with something that isn't 'fake' I'd rather do without. You guys are making me wonder as to why you want to defend it so. There's no need to be nitpicky. You think people should give it a try and I'll say I've no interest.

I'm not going to lie and say I don't know how I'd feel because just thinking about it is enough to turn me off to the idea. If I had a robot that complex I wouldn't be using it for sex or companionship, I'd want it programmed to do useful things like clean the house or maintain the yards. Because that's the context in which I see robots. Not for other things.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Weren't you gay? Last I checked, all machines are female by tradition, which means you are a bit jealous because they don't and probably won't make male robots.

And what is to say that a machine could not be constructed that can't love and be affectionate the same as a human can? Nature has rules for how it works, if you reproduce those rules into another medium they will ideally still work the same. TO date it has proven more difficult than we believed it would be, but that doesn't mean it won't ever be done.

The only real issue with a human falling in love with a robot is that it would dead-end the reproduction tree, being that it would be similar to when two different species of animals mate typically they do not produce young- or when they do it is sterile.

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi'][SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]Weren't you gay as well? Last I checked, all machines are female by tradition, which means you are a bit jealous because they don't and probably won't make male robots. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]And what is to say that a machine could not be constructed that can't love and be affectionate the same as a human can? Nature has rules for how it works, if you reproduce those rules into another medium they will ideally still work the same. TO date it has proven more difficult than we believed it would be, but that doesn't mean it won't ever be done. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana]The only real issue with a human falling in love with a robot is that it would dead-end the reproduction tree, being that it would be similar to when two different species of animals mate typically they do not produce young- or when they do it is sterile.[/FONT][/SIZE]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Verdana][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Ok, this is just bizarre. You say that there are no male robots, which is true, I suppose, but that's because there are also no [I]female [/I]robots either. Robots, as they exist now, are sexless (by which I don't mean they're not getting any, I mean they're genderless). Do you believe that your microwave is a girl? Your TV? So I don't think SunfallE is jealous, I think you are misguided as to other people's opinions on the matter. Technically, there will never be male or female robots, as being male or female is dependant on genes, which robots are somewhat lacking in.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]Also, overall, you're really taking this subject [I]far [/I]too seriously. As far as I can work out, [B]The13thMan [/B]only intended this to be a tongue-in-cheek thread topic, not some philosophical debate about the morality of doing a robot.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]So, if you want to do it with a robot instead of going out and meeting real people, then that's totally up to you. Just don't assume that everyone else is going to prefer robot sex to real sex (and I can't honestly believe I just said that in a post, or anywhere for that matter), and that if they claim that they don't, you can't just assume that they're jealous because there [I]are no male robots[/I]?[/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE]

[quote name='Blayze']Ok, this is just bizarre. You say that there are no male robots, which is true, I suppose, but that's because there are also no [I]female [/I]robots either. Robots, as they exist now, are sexless (by which I don't mean they're not getting any, I mean they're genderless). Do you believe that your microwave is a girl? Your TV? So I don't think SunfallE is jealous, I think you are misguided as to other people's opinions on the matter. Technically, there will never be male or female robots, as being male or female is dependant on genes, which robots are somewhat lacking in.[/QUOTE]

You are not aware of the tradition for machines to always be considered female? Even though what you say is true- they have no gender and are mere things instead of beings, that tradition still stands, that all machines are considered female. Probably because the tinkerers who first created them put passion and love into them, something that on a normal person would have been spent on another human. It may explain some of the 'personalities' that these machines get, due to unknown effects of love that cant be observed in the laboratory. My desktop computer for example- I built that machine, and for the past few months now if anybody else tries to use it that machine will lag badly and soon freeze up, yet works perfectly fine for me.

Though I suppose it would depend on who built a particular machine. I usually refer to all of the machines I build and maintain as female, between the peculiarities of their operation being comparable to a bad-tempered woman who becomes sweet to a particular person and the tradition of machines being considered female. I suppose it would be sexist to not think that in this day and age it may be possible for a machine to be considered male- if it was built by a woman, and had a nature of operation comparable to a man. Though it really depends, and being that they are genderless you can call them either.

It's not so much as i am for this idea, i may be a nerd but having experienced the the feelings of being with a real woman I doubt that anything better would come along in our lifetimes. What I am saying is that we don't know what the future holds, the fact is such machines could conceivably be made at some point in time.

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi']Weren't you gay as well? Last I checked, all machines are female by tradition, which means you are a bit jealous because they don't and probably won't make male robots.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Read Asimov. Most of his robots are male. Also male is the co-protagonist of [I][U]Runaway Robot[/U][/I], as well as V-ger and Data from the StarTrek universe. And unless I am mistaken, the default Mac voice is male. What you are referring to is the [I]male[/I] tendency to refer to genderless possessions (cars, boats, computers, etc.) as female.

To everybody else: why are you guys so head-up about arguin' with a devil's advocate? Let 'em run with his bad self; it'll be okay if his arguments don't make logical sense. This [I]is[/I] science fiction, after all. :p[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi;795343]Weren't you gay? Last I checked, all machines are female by tradition, which means you are a bit jealous because they don't and probably won't make male robots. [/QUOTE]Wow, talk about ignorance from someone who thinks robots are possible. XP It's been awhile but I've read most if not all of Issac Asimov's books and as Allamorph stated the robots are mostly male. :animesigh Also, lets keep the stupid assumptions about my sexual orientation or preferences out of this. And jealous? You haven't listened to a word I've said. I like real relationships because that's what I currently enjoy. Being with a real human being. There's nothing to be jealous of.[QUOTE=Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Read Asimov. Most of his robots are male. Also male is the co-protagonist of [I][U]Runaway Robot[/U][/I], as well as V-ger and Data from the StarTrek universe. And unless I am mistaken, the default Mac voice is male. What you are referring to is the [I]male[/I] tendency to refer to genderless possessions (cars, boats, computers, etc.) as female.

To everybody else: why are you guys so head-up about arguin' with a devil's advocate? Let 'em run with his bad self; it'll be okay if his arguments don't make logical sense. This [I]is[/I] science fiction, after all. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]Yeah I know Allamorph, there's another word for what I'm arguing with, but I'm not going to say it. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi;795343]Weren't you gay? Last I checked, all machines are female by tradition, which means you are a bit jealous because they don't and probably won't make male robots. [/QUOTE]I think you're confusing SunfallE with someone else. If she were gay, then she'd want female robots if that were true. lol[quote name='Allamorph;795352][FONT=Arial]Read Asimov. Most of his robots are male. Also male is the co-protagonist of [I][U]Runaway Robot[/U][/I], as well as V-ger and Data from the StarTrek universe. And unless I am mistaken, the default Mac voice is male. What you are referring to is the [I]male[/I] tendency to refer to genderless possessions (cars, boats, computers, etc.) as female.[/FONT][/QUOTE]See? Now Allamorph here knows the difference between the expected perception if robots existed based on how they've been portrayed in popular science fiction vs the misconception that robots would be female due to the male tendency to refer to genderless possessions as being female.[QUOTE=Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]To everybody else: why are you guys so head-up about arguin' with a devil's advocate? Let 'em run with his bad self; it'll be okay if his arguments don't make logical sense. This [I]is[/I'] science fiction, after all. :p[/FONT][/quote]I don't know about the others Allamorph... But it is entertaining to see teenage boys or young adult boys getting all fired up about the idea of a perfect robot companion. Especially DB. :p[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Robots (at least in Data's case) don't get tired. Robots (at least in Data's case) are ten times as strong and fast as a human. Robots (at least in Data's case) can perform a trillion functions per second. And if robots (at least in Data's case) are fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques...

...then I'd ****ing do a robot (in Data's case especially).

Now let's all blame Allamorph for mentioning Data =)[/SIZE]

[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]Robots (at least in Data's case) don't get tired. Robots (at least in Data's case) are ten times as strong and fast as a human. Robots (at least in Data's case) can perform a trillion functions per second. And if robots (at least in Data's case) are fully functional and programmed in multiple techniques...

...then I'd ****ing do a robot (in Data's case especially).

Now let's all blame Allamorph for mentioning Data =)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Last I had heard, Data lacked a few 'parts'. Also, something that would be a good cause to worry about all this, is if you ever offended or tried to break up with a robot partner, what is to say they won't use those multitrillion calculations per second to plot your untimely demise in such a way that nobody would ever know it was them? Just hypothetically anyway.

Sorry SunfallE, I got you and Sandy mixed up. Still crappy with names.

Also Allamorph, the movie I,Robot is fully irrelevant. It was in fact basing off of two of Asimov's books- I, Robot; and Caves of Steel, in a wierd mix of the two that made sense. Ever notice that in the move "VIKI" is considered a she? That is because VIKI is typical of a prototype. Having been the first, she is built using the designer's love and care. The main body of the rest of the robots, being mass-produced, could have taken on the masculine form because the masculine form is symbolic of strength- which is something that those units clearly posessed.But they were not full human replacement either, while they were humanoid form they were lacking in a lot of places.

More likely, something which this thread was meant to be about would be a scenario like Chobits- which is why I mentioned that before. You would have the human-like artificial intelligences, and shortly after their mainstream appearance they would have variants for different functions. Actually there was at least one Male persocon in that series, but the majority were female.